Problems conceiving after Paragard, anyone else?

Has anyone had trouble trying to conceive after the removal of paragard!? Im coming up on a year now of TTC and still no luck.
15 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Problems conceiving after Paragard, anyone else? - Mamas Uncut

Modena removed in July 2020 and one chemical but a year since the chemical

Mirena gave me fertility issues. Paraguard is non hormonal so I would chalk it up to stress or overthinking about conceiving, possible diet issues and maybe your partner

7 Likes

Anyone that laugh reacts to these kinds of posts is heartless!!! Just saying

23 Likes

I had one dose of thr deppo and it made me really sick. Then I got the arm implant and had issues conceiving for a little over a year after getting it removed after the 3 years that it was good for. I haven’t had a normal cycle since getting the deppo. Ended up working with my dr ad getting on fertility boosting pills and got pregnant that way.

Took me 3months after I got the iud out

1 Like

I struggled for 3 years after the skyla IUD and I had it taken out early because it was causing me problems

1 Like

I had mine removed and it took me years too conceive. I wish u the best. My hormones haven’t been the same since

1 Like

I had mine removed last year but then had a leep and idk if that made it harder to conceive I had a chemical and then a miscarriage and I conceived my baby after almost a year after removal I’m now 20 weeks

1 Like

Why do people laugh react to these kind of things?

11 Likes

my daughter was told she would never have a baby. a nurse told her to take prenatal vitamins and she did everyday now she has 3 children

After my first Paragaurd was removed, took me 3 months to conceive. I had the IUD for 6 yrs before choosing to have another kid.

We struggled for 2 years to get our beautiful daughter with no contraception… Its just not as easy as the world makes it seem… Just keep trying :heart:

1 Like

I had to see who laughed at this post and it was a man!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Paragard has no hormones. It shouldn’t affect whether you can get pregnant once it is taken out. I got pregnant with it still in place.

Ive always dreamed of having a baby but have never been blessed in even getting pregnant

1 Like

I got pregnant with my now 3 year old son on the paragaurd

Sides effects differ from person to person. Maybe try consult with a gynae or GP.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have any fertility issues from paraguard, since there are no hormones. Definitely speak to your ob/gyn

2 Likes

I got my rods out in feb this year after having our rainbow may last year, and we’re due again in October :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl: we just don’t “try” to get pregnant as that never works x

I was told Mucinex. Somehow that has been known to do it. My doctor said it actually does work & a friend of mine who wasn’t supposed to be able to get pregnant ended up doing so because of that.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Problems conceiving after Paragard, anyone else? - Mamas Uncut

This is very common have you tried to test for ovulation and started an ovulation tracker if bot try that also take some prenatal I helps your body get hormones set for a baby what kind of foods are you eating I know once I was eating healthy and cutting sweets I got pregnant. If you have already tried everything it’s time to talk to a doctor even going on the pill for a few month helps I know lots of people who did that and got pregnant after 3 months. But I would talk to your doctor

We just got a positive test this week and it took me over a year and a half I had it removed last February !
Good luck :blush:

After my IUD we had problems staying pregnant, it caused so much damage. It’s possible it’s the same issue with you, lots of scar tissue built up and that’s inhibiting implantation so you’re not getting pregnant. With me I can get pregnant I just can’t stay pregnant after that thing.

I got pregnant the same week it came out!!! Usually you hear issues about the morena or the the ones that have hormones in it.

My cousin had a terrible time having a successful pregnancy after paraguard. I had Mirena and was told it can take up to a year for the hormones to subside, so maybe it’s the same for paraguard since there are hormones in it as well.

Nope. Got it out January 4th. Positive pregnancy test on the 12th…. Baby will be here in 4 weeks

Had the paragard for 6 yrs removed Sept 2013 started trying decided that wasn’t working stopped trying decided to focus on weight loss. Lost 7 lbs…found out I was pregnant April 2014. Had another put in 2015 started implanting itself 2017 had it removed aug/Sept found out was pregnant again April 2018…not trying. Sometimes “not trying” takes away the stress. After my last one I had tubes removed.

I haven’t been on contraceptives since I conceived my daughter on the pill when I was a teenager. I had my son 3 years later. Been TTC with my SO for 2 years, since my son was born, had 2 miscarriages in that time. Finally almost 10 weeks pregnant. Sometimes it just takes a little time. 2 years seems like a long time but it will happen. Best of luck to you. :sparkling_heart: