Question for everyone

Is GAD ( generalized anxiety disorder ) considered in the spectrum?

13 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Question for everyone - Mamas Uncut

On the autism spectrum?

3 Likes

No it’s not a form of autism at all it’s a mental health disorder

17 Likes

What? No! Not at all. Why would you think that?

6 Likes

No, it’s unrelated to the spectrum.

1 Like

Not at all. I have Generalized anxiety disorder, as well as, OCD. They’re a mental illnesses not a developmental disorder.

9 Likes

It’s not autism if that’s what you’re asking. Although many people with autism also have gad. But it’s not a developmental disability, it’s a mental health disorder.

6 Likes

I have gad and it’s a mental health disorder

It’s a mental health disorder. No one else really understands it unless they themselves have it. It’s rough and hard to find anyone willing to love you through it. Sucks.

2 Likes

Autism is it’s own diagnosis and this is what is meant by “the spectrum.”

3 Likes

Anxiety and autism aren’t the same.

2 Likes

It can be as so many people on the Spectrum mask. I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s a Spectrum Disorder but certainly it’s something suffered from by people on the Spectrum if that makes sense.

1 Like

Autistic people may have GAD but neurotypical people can have it too. It’s not on the spectrum, it’s a mental illness.

There are levels but not necessarily a spectrum
Autism is on a spectrum and may co exist with other disabilities

Nope. Mental health issue. Definitely not on autism spectrum

People on the spectrum can have it. Also People who aren’t can. I encourage you to dig deeper if you have other things that may point to being on the spectrum. Women often present different than men or however one may identify. A great book is Divergent Mind. Good luck on your journey.