Should 12 year olds drink energy drinks?

No one should drink them

My kid’s 14 & 11 very rarely have soft drink there is no way I would let them have energy drinks.

Nope. My boy is 14 and he’s not allowed to drink them! I let him have a lotus though at the coffee shop cause it’s suppose to be a healthier energy drink

Absolutely not! They’re terrible for anyone, let alone a kid! Why does a 12 year old need an energy drink!?

8 Likes

Not for a 12 year old, my 16 year old has drank one ever now and then of the zero sugar ones but that’s like once in a blue moon.

My son wanted to drink energy drinks he was 11.we asked our pediatrician and he said Absolutely not.It is not good for their heart ect.No i would not allow a child that young to drink them.

Nope…I don’t drink em either

I dont let mine. I look at it like, when they older they will be doing it anyways(like we all did) so no they dont need to while they are young. I dont let them drink coke either, they’ll probly drink that shit like crazy when they older too.

Uh, they literally cause heart problems. So no. Plus I need it to keep up with them, if they have them too I’m toast​:weary::rofl:

Nooooooo a big huge resounding NOOOOO

No it is not good for them. Adults shouldn’t either.

Nope. But as a teacher, I see kids with these often.

That’s a NO for my kids

Nope bad for our hearts

Hell to the no for me. Its a no for me all around though. My hubby drinks em and I hate it.

No, they aren’t good for adults either!

Nope! My 13 year old begs and begs too but nope I won’t budge on it

Nope! Sadly they will find a way to get it

Absolutely NOT!! Look at the caffeine amount in them. I just found out the one I’ve been drinking has 300mgs of caffeine in a 16 oz can.

1 Like

I personally do not allow my children even my teenagers drink them. I also don’t buy soda or kool-aid either. Not good for them at all.

1 Like

Yeah no… I lecture my 23 year old sister about energy drinks. Look up studies on how it affects your heart rate.

1 Like

They raise liver enzymes and cause cirrhosis.

1 Like

My 12 years old ask I said nope

1 Like

No… my friends daughter was addicted to red bull. She played soccer and had a mild heart attack on the field during a game. Doctors said it was due to her excessively drinking energy drinks

3 Likes

Nobody should be drinking them

3 Likes

Nope. I rarely drink them myself, so unhealthy

Never too young to string em out on adrenal stimulents, hook em up with some ritalin while your at it

1 Like

Nope! My 12 year old isn’t even allowed to drink mt dew no way would I let him drink a energy drink.

No it’s not good for their body’s

Absolutely not. I literally drink 3 to 4 white monsters a day. I’m trying to quit. They are horrible for you. Heart, kidneys, etc.

Can cause liver failure. Heard it’s worse drinking that than drinking? But idk

I am a very lax mom, but energy drinks are a huge no for me. Not even my 22 year old, not that she would.

Nobody should be drinking those never mind kids

1 Like

Absolutely not. It can make there heart burst. I am appalled T parents that think it ok for kids. He’ll it’s not safe for adults.

1 Like

Told mine nope not while they live with me

Nope. Arrthymias in my family.

Nope. Nope. Nope. They dont need to use drugs at that age.

1 Like

Uhm no. lol. I had a friends husband drop dead from drinking them. And I’ve had another friend Husband have extreme heart issues. Not worth it

No one should drink energy drinks

2 Likes

My friends younger brother drank and energy drink right before her ran around the track and he had a heart attack and died. He was in the 7th grade.

2 Likes

Definitely no. Their hearts aren’t even fully developed.

As a medical assistant and watching my 15 brother in law be told his heart muscle was damaged in the er cause they thought he was having a heart attack soo no

The absolute fuck not!!!

Reading this rn as I’m drinking a Red Bull :flushed::sweat_smile: but kids no def not

Uhhh no. I’m 25 and I don’t even drink those. So bad for you.

1 Like

Nope heart attack in a can….for all ages!!!

Nope… A decaf coffee as a treat every once in a while but no energy drinks until 21

1 Like

My daughter has a few times which I found out and told her not to.

Hell no! Please don’t let a child drink that. Might as well buy them a pack of cigarettes and a beer if you do that.

2 Likes

I don’t allow it with my 13 year old but unfortunately there’s no age restriction so if he goes to a store he likes to buy them with his own money… I usually dump them when I see them and that causes conflict between us… I do allow some coffee, he’s ADHD so it calms him down…

1 Like

I’m 27 and I don’t even drink them :grimacing:

My husband had a stroke at 26 from consuming multiple Monsters a day. Absolutely not.

Not healthy to much caffeine

My adhd 13 year old daughter had a teacher in the third grade that said “instead of the medicine, try caffeinated drinks before school. That seems to work for some kids.” So I did! It has worked but my daughter wants these all the time now. I will be taking them away

They can cause a lot of damage, I don’t allow my kids.

I allow my children to have one or two drinks of mine every know and then. But more than that is a no for me.

1 Like

No. Way too young for so much caffeine. My kids will rarely have anything caffeinated at their ages of 9 and 11. Maybe in a few years the older one will, but 12 is still too young.

So tbh I started drinking energy drinks in like 7th grade and I always had a friend who would bring me one my parents never said no to them but never said yes either no one drank them in my house it was always coffee which I also drank because I’m a night owl and always have been and would always be tired in the morning but I got to the point where I had a very unhealthy addiction to energy drinks because my parents allowed within reason due to family issues moved in with my grandparents and they were very strict about no energy drinks and that’s where it became unhealthy for me and I could and would put down about 3 monsters a day then I started on red bulls and then one of the worst was redlines you were only supposed to drink half the bottle which was an 8oz bottle I would drink a bottle and a half how I’m alive I have no idea but personally I would say start with coffee maybe especially if this is because the 12 year old is tired I also saw someone say v8 energy drinks which are great and give like one a day before school it would perk them up but it would also kind of pull them away from the heavy energy drinks also pay attention to group of friends one friend is probably the caffeine junkie who said something about it all I have to say is don’t be too strict and don’t be an absolutely not parent teach them the dangers of most of the energy drinks if you give a little and show understanding instead of shutting down the topic it will keep your kid from being sneaky and drinking them dangerously

No! When I was 12 I drank one and landed in the hospital… don’t do it!

Nope I wouldn’t let my kid drink energy drinks… even myself I don’t drink it… it could cause a lot of damage to the heart…

A friend of mine her adopted son is 22 years old and just last week he had a heart attack and was 100 blockage due to his energy drink addiction he now has a stint in place and on a strict diet so no energy drink for kids or anyone else jmo

2 Likes

Wtf? No. No one should drink energy drinks.

Your child, your choice and I won’t judge people for it but I will not have my daughter drinking them until she can buy them with her own money after she is out of my house.

I don’t allow my kids to drink energy drinks.

No it’s not good for them

Um no!!! I dont even drink them. So bad for us

No way. I dont even like drinking them. I’ll have one if im sleepy and need to do some driving and have to stay awake but not on a daily basis. Like 1 or 2 a month

Not even suppose to sell a child an energy drink. There was once an age limit of 16

They are their own persons

I don’t allow my older teens to drink them (they do get some once in a while but that’s out of my control) my 12 year old is barely allowed to have any caffeine at all let alone.an energy drink. Too much caffeine can send them into cardiac arrest

I did when I was that age….but I would NOT let my children do it. I was a rebel (my parents didn’t allow me to have them) and would buy them with my lunch money when I walked to school. Definitely not good for kids.

1 Like

I wouldn’t… personally speaking from experience of having an energy drink addiction, they made me very unwell to the point i collasped thinking i was having a stroke or a heart attack at 27. they give me heart palpations now. I wish i never started drinking them, they’re so dsngerous.

To young in my opinion.

Every once in a while it’s ok

My 12 year old is a very active girl who is in sports and she drinks water and Gatorade :slight_smile:

They arent good for anyone, especially a child

3 Likes

I went to a gas station once at around 10am and a mom had all boy’s very cute there was a set of twins on a stroller about 9 months old, 3 yr old 6 yr old and 8 and 9 yr olds. So the 6 8 & 9 yr old all had a monster and hot Cheetos. I felt so bad. Poor kids💔

1 Like

No they dont need it and if they drink too many it can be dangerous

Definitely not! I dont think anyone should drink those. I don’t drink them and will not allow my kids to start. An old friend use to drink them like crazy and something happened to his heart and something else I can’t rmbr.

As someone who did at that age and still does, I don’t recommend it but also I have insomnia and it helped keep me up in school or coffee cause my parents didn’t agree with medication

When I was in 5th grade there was an epidemic of kids ages 9-11 having heart attacks from drinking energy drinks.

1 Like

Energy drinks are not good for adults let alone a 12 year old…

2 Likes

Hell NO ! They arent good for adults, definitely not kids ! Why would a 12 yr old need more energy anyway ! Lil shits have it naturally!

4 Likes

No! I dont think adults should even drink them tbh. My son is on my case now about energy drinks, he’s 13. “Well so and so’s mom lets her drink them!” Well I’m not her mama. Lol

2 Likes

Its not just the caffeine it’s also all the other stimulants that combine with the caffeine in energy drinks. There is a documentary we show our year 9 students in health and it shows with high consumption of energy drinks while it’s in your system you present characteristics of hypertension… Flat out No

12 year olds already have energy! I swear some of these questions are made up. Just trolling its own subscribers!

2 Likes

It’s this a serious question?? Who let’s their children drink those?!

1 Like

My son that was his favorite thing he’s 32 now and every day I could buy a 10 pack of monsters and he would have them all gone in one day he went to the doctor office cuz they took was hurting he was hurting and they told him that he was having kidney failure from drinking the monster so much they gave him some IV fluids and then he got back they brought it back up to where he wasn’t having it now now my grandson that’s my son’s son the one I was just talking about he would give him whenever he was little like two or three he would give him sips of monsters whenever he got one that kid he wanted one every time he turned around finally his daddy went to give it to him in front of me and I looked at him and I said no you don’t and I scared him so bad he wouldn’t even touch it after that LOL :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

In the uk it is illegal to sell these to anyone under 16 years old due to health risks. People are arguing 18 should be minium age.
Look up how many children have had heart attacks from these drinks and use your brain to decide. Which should be flat out no

2 Likes

1 a day wont hurt anyone

No, not even Adults should!

I would hope at aged 12 a child should have lot’s of energy anyway, I know my 12 yr old does, but no I dont think they should have energy drinks.

Nope absolutely not !

Once in a while won’t hurt…and depending on the kid depends on the effects…my son has ADHD so caffeine and energy products calm him down more than rile him up

My 12yr old recently asked me if she could try some & start drinking them because most her friends drink them. I explained how bad they are & that I don’t believe 12yr olds should be drinking energy drinks. She understood & said she never realised how bad they are that she’d be taking them off her friends

1 Like

Why do 12 year old not have enough energy? I know why I don’t. I remember being 12 and having way more energy then I could burn. Lol

No .too young,full of shite,sugar and they will get hooked.

I did when I was a kid :rofl::woman_facepalming:t3: idk why my parents let me but I as a parent wouldn’t let my 12 year old drink an energy drink it’s definitely not healthy

Of course not. But I have a 12 year old and he will find a a way if he really wants one.

I don’t like my kids drinking energy drinks, however I do let them drink coffee. If they want red bulls (like me and my husband get from the coffee stand) then we just get them “kid red bulls” (the coffee stand we go to makes them Italian sodas and calls them red bulls so the kids think they’re getting the same thing as us just in a smaller size). It works great for us. However a few times they have gotten ahold of ours and took a few drinks :woman_facepalming:t4: definitely wouldn’t let them actually have energy drinks though. They definitely don’t need them. Coffee they’re only allowed to have because it mellows them out a bit and they don’t drink much of it at a time either.