Should a 7 and 10 year old take a bath together?

Okay guys…i need to know if i am in the wrong or not…i went to my best friends house and asked her where the kids were bc they are normally on me the second i walk through the door…and she told me they were in the bath…TOGETHER…they are a 7 year old boy and a 10 year old girl…is this not weird to anyone else? they dont wear a bathing suit or anything just in there…naked together and playing with their toys…my friend doesnt see the issue with it as they are a very open family but i think its weird as they are the opposite gender…

135 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/should-a-7-and-10-year-old-take-a-bath-together/20361

Nooooooooooooo that’s super weird and inappropriate

1 Like

It’s weird if you make it weird.

19 Likes

I wouldn’t be ok with it

1 Like

Your kids naked in the top at someone else’s house? No. Not okay with that. But, you should speak to your kids, not the other mother.

Why is it weird unless y’all are sexualizing children which is gross af🤮

14 Likes

Different families have different dynamics. What might be weird to you might be normal to them. Not my cup of tea but they are not my kids. Live and let live?

6 Likes

I think the age might be a little old to be doing that. But to each their own.

4 Likes

It’s a no for me! I know it doesn’t bother some people like my step mom did that with my daughter and her grandson and I truly believe she meant no harm but I was so upset about it! I made it very clear it is not ok and to not do it again!

3 Likes

that’s weird girls are ok but not boy and girl that age

4 Likes

Why are you making it sexual… they’re literally babies…

19 Likes

They are siblings your the one making it weird

19 Likes

It’s only weird if you make it weird. Me and my cousins bathed together for the absolute longest time growing up until we reached a point where we decided we weren’t comfortable anymore. Why sexualize something that doesn’t need to be sexualized? If anything, it makes you the disgusting one.

12 Likes

They’re siblings and young children… They will hit an age where they decide themselves that they need privacy… They shouldn’t be sexualising things at that age so don’t be judgy.

10 Likes

Years ago it happened all the time,

Its okay til one becomes uncomfortable. Once one wants privacy, then they should have it.

7 Likes

No absolutely not. The age difference and the ages, period.

1 Like

Nope. Thats weird. Kids that age notice things and should be having showers/baths alone

6 Likes

WTF… The one with the problem in this scenario is YOU not her or those kids. :woman_facepalming:t4:

23 Likes

I personally think that’s too old. Especially opposite sex, and considering most schools have started teaching kids about their changing bodies by 10.

Stop sexualising children. That’s all I got to say.

15 Likes

To each their own. My personal opinion no it’s not weird. There is a huge difference between nudity and sexuality. Just because someone is naked doesn’t make it sexual.

5 Likes

Uhhh no nothing wrong at all they were having fun and someday they will not even like each other…lol let them be kids.

3 Likes

That’s more than weird!! My almost 4 year old doesn’t even like showing her belly much less her chest.

4 Likes

Ummmm, where the hell were you all raised? To be even asking this question. NO!

2 Likes

The kids would ask for privacy if they were old enough to need it. It’s not that weird. They’re siblings and still young. Mine are 5 and 7 and don’t bathe together but mine also both shower completely alone and asked to be taught and wanted privacy on their own. Until they asked, I did bathe them together

2 Likes

You’re a creep. Stop.

8 Likes

Nope. I have a 10 year old girl and a 6 year old boy and they would not be in the bath together.

5 Likes

Fairly common. As long as no one is bothered by it. Probably won’t be for very much longer.

4 Likes

Seriously? I see NOTHING wrong with it, my 9 year old girl sometimes still takes baths with her younger brother and sister and theres nothing weird about it. You guys sexualizing kids really throws me for a loop :joy::woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

At 10 yr old my daughter had already started puberty, at that stage I feel like some privacy boundaries should be established.

7 Likes

Yeah… No. Opposite genders is a no go for me. Same gender sure, I mean they have the same. But I wouldn’t make a big deal if they didn’t do it with malice or ill intention. I just wouldn’t allow for it to happen again.

2 Likes

Boys and Girls that age together nope .

So, while I don’t see it as a horrible thing, I also know personally, my children won’t be bathing together at that age. My son is 3 and my daughter is 1 and it won’t be too long before I make them bathe separately, but again that is a personal choice. Everyones family and ways of thinking are different, but when it comes down to it, I’d hate for me to have let my kids bathe together, then a friend come in and have an issue with it and try to get CPS involved. I believe in my state once a kid reaches a certain age, they aren’t even supposed to share a room with a sibling of the opposite sex, so I’d assume that extends to bathing together as well and I’d hate for it to cause an issue. But honestly, aside from offering some kind advise on personal space, there’s nothing you could nor should say/do about it. If there’s nothing bad happening, don’t make it so.
And also, take these comments with grains of salt. People are quick to jump the gun about you sexualizing kids, but you just expressed a concern you had and asked for advise on it bc you weren’t sure what to think/do. No harm in that, but give yourself and the family you are talking about in your post some grace in the meantime.

Each to their own but not in my home. 2 girls, yes, 2 boys yes. Not boy and girl . Never

1 Like

wait i have a question for y’all folks? WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE SEXUALIZING PURE INNOCENCE THAT IS CHILDREN? children that no no difference? y’all wierd for that one :flushed:

16 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t have them at that age, but there’s nothing wrong with it imho. If they are comfortable as kids with it and not being forced then they are fine.

3 Likes

It’s probably getting close to the time for it to end but no there’s nothing wrong with siblings bathing together. My daughter loved bathtime with her baby brother. There’s 6 yrs age different. She stopped when she was 10ish because she hit puberty. She still sits by the tub and plays potion or boats, even helps him get dressed. At least in our family, it’s no big deal.

3 Likes

That’s a big NO for me. I have a 5 year old granddaught and a 5 year old great granddaught. And they do not take a bath together. That’s just me.

2 Likes

Nope once they start puberty that’s a no go.

3 Likes

I would definitely not let my 10 year old daughter and 7 year old son bathe together, at 10 girls are starting to develop and mature and boys are as well in a way. There is no need for both of them to take a bath together. One can wait until the other is done. I would say as children get older boundaries and privacy is important. When they are little fine but dang at that age definitely not. I hv all girls so its different.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t consider this the norm. They are of an age where they are aware private parts are just that …private. some ten yr olds are already.going thru puberty. as a mum I wouldn’t be comfortable.

3 Likes

I have 4 kids, and never bathed any of them together. They each had their own bath.

2 Likes

I do not see the issue , they are siblings and they are close , this stages don’t last forever, as soon as her body starts changing she will probably feel uncomfortable, so let them enjoy their ti e together .
And by the way , who cares if you find it weird , they are not yours kids , so mind your own business

1 Like

I think it’s fine at a certain age like say up to 5 and from then on they should have some privacy

1 Like

Mind your business n mind your household those aren’t your kids and don’t sexualize them cause that sounds like what you’re doing…

22 Likes

Unless one or the other is uncomfortable I don’t see the problem. They are SIBLINGS, it’s what they have done their whole life, I know I still bathed and showered with my younger sister occasionally up until I got my period and then I stopped (I just turned 8 )

Even now both my kids (6yr girl and 4yr boy) are still bathing together and can continue too until one of them tells me they don’t want too anymore

3 Likes

I can assure you a doctor’s advice would say NO…I wouldn’t do it.

4 Likes

My daughter is 6 and I no longer shower with her because I am trying to teach her that our bodies are our bodies and they are private. I think that would have been fine when they were much younger but they are now at an age where they should be learning about privacy.

4 Likes

As long as the kids are fine with it…why not?
My daughter en son bathe occasionally together, they’re 11 and 7. They know they have to speak up when it’s weird for them. It’s the adults who always make a problem of things.

7 Likes

If they were playing with their toys and unbothered why would you worry!? Being naked should NOT BE A SEXUAL thing especially to a child. As soon as you make it weird it becomes weird for them. Unless there was an obvious expression of discomfort then idk why it is an issue to you.

11 Likes

Google it.lol…they say it’s fine until the child expresses need for privacy…alot of the weirdness is just parents projecting its only weird once the child says it is and that’s when it should stop

9 Likes

That would be a no from me.

3 Likes

You’re sexualizing children, and you think you have room to call anyone weird? Are nudist families also weird to you? If so you need to ask yourself why non sexual naked things bother you so much.

10 Likes

Mind yo damn business.

They’re kids. Not teens or adults. They’re fine. I’d be more worried about them being alone because I worry too much about water & kids lol.

1 Like

It’s not a problem at that age until the kids feel uncomfortable. When the 10 year old girl reaches puberty she will stop.
Why does it bother you so much?

8 Likes

They are too old to be bathing together. The older one is of age to be starting puberty. Even if they were the same gender it’s STILL too old to be bathing together

yea no. i stopped baths together at like 4yrs with my son n my girls. if i had to my girls would take bath together, 7&2 but that’s if absolutely have to my son’s 4…

1 Like

My kids are 6 and 5 one boy and one girl. We don’t bathe our children together. I also grew up with three other sisters and one bathroom in the house so we often shared the bathroom. However whatever other people do in their household with their children is their business. Idk i guess for me i would say it’s weird that people are kinda sexualizing the kids at this point? What works for them may not work for you and even if you don’t understand it doesn’t mean its weird or not normal. And until the kids say they want their privacy i would say it’s definitely okay.

1 Like

Oh Hell no inappropriate

I mean, don’t sexualize children. Problem solved

16 Likes

Once my oldest noticed brother was different that’s when they stopped bathing together…she was 4 and he was 2…

Once my kids started asking why they have different parts, that’s when they stopped showering together. So mine were ages 3 & 1. My youngest never showered with anyone except his dad until age 2. Guess it just depends on the kids & what you’re comfortable with. But for me personally? 7 & 10 are too old.

2 Likes

Not weird at all! Being naked isn’t sexual and they are kids. I saw both my parents naked forever and still see my mom once in a while. If you make it weird that’s when they starts to feel like something is weird about it. Bodies are just that, bodies.

22 Likes

I have never bathed my kids together… ever… and I nor my husband have ever bathed with our children…1 boy, 2 girls,…12,10,3… it has zero to do with “sexualizing” but everything to do with boundaries… bath time is private time and no matter the age… its inappropriate.

3 Likes

They are siblings and don’t think sexual that way. My 9yr takes baths with my 1yr old and I’m in the bathroom making sure the little one don’t freak out. But nothing wrong with it they will decide when they don’t want to bathe with each other anymore. Your friend didn’t think nothing of it bc she doesn’t see anything wrong with it bc her mind doesn’t go that way about her kids. Nobody should be sexualizing children…maybe if they weren’t related it would be weird but they probably have been doing it since the youngest was old enough to get in the bath with his sister

11 Likes

No, that is too old. The girl is nearing if not already in puberty and needs privacy.

3 Likes

Shan Cecilia Cronin Georgia Cronin so many people sexualising kids. All disgusting

15 Likes

Nope. Depending on the state they have to stop sharing a bedroom as early as 4 or 5. The 7 year old should be able to or learning to bathe themselves anyway. I bathed my first two together, 18 months apart, but stopped before school age. Our kids knew how to bathe themselves by the latest age 6. I’m not trying to demonize anyone but that is just how things work here. Now nudity should never be sexualized but boundaries and privacy should also be respected.

3 Likes

Only if you make it an issue.

4 Likes

Mind your business love… poking your nose in making it out to be something. COULD BE PERFECTLY INNOCENT… GET A LIFE :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

14 Likes

:roll_eyes: it’s weird and gross. Has ZERO to do with sexualising kids and EVERYTHING to do with teaching them privacy and boundaries. A 10 year old girl especially is almost going through puberty if not already going through it and should be able to have privacy while showering. Ridiculous.

6 Likes

While I wouldn’t do it. I knew plenty of hippie and even a nudist family where nakedness was not viewed as taboo. Unless there are signs of actual abuse mind your business,

1 Like

They’re too old for this and they do think of things…gma

My brother (younger brother age differ with one year) and I bath together till I was 10 and it was normal to us we would play with our bath toys and just enjoy life, at ten I started developing so I chose to not bath with him anymore.

As a mother today I do not allow my daughters to do that, my youngest daughters best friend is a boy, they have been friends since she was 11 months he was a year and 6 months old at the time now 3 and a half years later they are still so close but when he overnights at my house or comes over to play they know that boys and girls bath, dress and use the bathroom separately. So I would say each to their own…

I guess its not weird in their household. Not your circus, not your monkeys.

5 Likes

What seems to be the problem??? Good heavens they are 7 and 10. They will stop when they feel uncomfortable. Parents start the problem by thinking exactly the way you are. Making kids self conscious

11 Likes

Nope not in my house sorry

1 Like

From a world view… No, mind your own business. Stop making perversions about your friends children. You’re sick minded.

5 Likes

Personally I think that should stop a bit younger, no you shouldn’t be sexualizing it because I can assure you they don’t see it that way… but kids do need to be taught about privacy especially with their bodies. Unfortunately in this situation, they’re not your kids and it’s not your business… Unless those children are in danger you could consider minding your own

Is this something you need to worry about or are you being a judgemental friend?
your not their PARENTS so unless you know with a 1000% certainty that is not not an innocent situation BUTT OUT.

Nope them kids are to old to bath together different gender I think if they were like 5 and 6 the oldest they should co bath together. I have a 10 year old boy and 7 year old girl no way I would bath them together.

2 Likes

I began puberty at ten and so did my step daughter so I don’t feel that is an age for opposite sexed children to be sharing baths. At this time they should be learning privacy and boundaries. I also had a friend that was molested by her brother (their ages were the exact ages as the ones mentioned except she was the younger one) and that alone had me more adamant to set boundaries with mine. But as long as their is no harm I suppose I’d follow the not your circus not your monkeys line.

3 Likes

I mean it’s not your kids so honestly not your business. You may not agree but they may not see anything wrong with it. Me personally I have a 10 year old girl and 8 years old boy. I do not allow them in the bathroom together at all unless they are just brushing their teeth. But that’s my choice as their parent. My 8 year old boy and 4 year old boy bathe together and play sometimes just bc it’s easier on me. My 8 year old can’t wash his hair good by himself yet…we are working on it though.

2 Likes

They literally kids and siblings

3 Likes

Each to their own. I stopped bathing my 2 girls together when they were about 8 & 4.
However my 7yr old still jumps in the shower with me sometimes.

Not weird at all. It’s actually really common in a lot of cultures around the world. :woman_shrugging:t4: Perfectly normal. They’ll say something when they want to stop. Stop being so judgmental and nosey. If they enjoy playing together in the bath with their toys and splashing about, who’s anyone to say they can’t? Teach boundaries and there’s no issue.

6 Likes

No, they should not b bathing together!

If the kids are comfortable, it’s fine.

1 Like

My 6 year old and 8 year old takes showers together

It would be too old in my household but I try not to judge others and their family dynamic.

14 Likes

They should not bathe together. No way.

Usually the kids let you mo when they start to want their privacy and it usually is around 10 yrs old…

3 Likes

There innocent kids, I’m sure the mother wouldn’t be allowing it if there was any signs that they shouldn’t be

1 Like

Very weird my daughter started her period at ten I sure wouldn’t want her bathing with her brother

4 Likes

Those are ages old enough for body curiosity. No way too old.

3 Likes

I agree with you.they are too old and they are opposite gender they should not b doing that

2 Likes

Chris Topher Myers what about a 34 and 38 year old?

6 Likes