Should boys have their ears pierced?

Wait till he’s actually of legal age to decide himself

1 Like

It’s your child’s body your ex needs to learn yes boys can have pierced ears , wear dresses play with dolls.

In today’s world are we even allowed to call them boys or girls?:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Call and talk to Dad some more. Include your son in the conversation. If he’s still totally against it, see if there is maybe a compromise to revisit the subject in 6 months. Make sure your son agrees on his own or he’ll feel duped. It’s just an earring. My husband has one, in fact many guys I know do. If you wouldn’t want his dad doing something you said no to, then consider my way first.

Taking my 8 year old who really wants his done. To get his done but i dont have the backlash from his father either. To answer your question yes boys can have their ears pierced. Also i would never tell my son its only for girls because that isnt true!

1 Like

My son wanted his ears done and I did make him wait awhile after asking to make sure it is what he really wanted. He kept asking and so we went and got it done when he was closer to 10. He needs to chat with his dad about how he feels about it.

2 Likes

Go on Amazon get the magnetic ones. The y look like the kid had his ear pierced.

4 Likes

Idk, it’s a little young??

2 Likes

Get him magnetic ones from Claire’s so they look real but aren’t .

6 Likes

Both my boys have their ears pierced. My oldest had both ears done and recently took them out for a procedure. I hate when people genderize things. Earrings, colors, clothes etc.
dad needs to get over himself. Plenty of grown men wear earrings. What is he afraid of?

5 Likes

How would you feel if your son wanted to do something you were against and his father allowed it?

8 Likes

I personally think you should respect his fathers wishes as well… Have your son talk to his dad about it himself. If his dad still disagrees then I would make him wait till he’s old enough to have it done on his own

3 Likes

Who made the rule that it’s for girls only

If he were a girl, would this be a question? It’s not fair to say a girl at age 8 is old enough to decide but a boy is not. My husband had piercings as a teen and eventually took them out when he joined the Army. Let the kid get a piercing. It’s his body.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think its a not go hun .

I’m sure you would be upset if your ex did something. You were totally against :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m with the lady who said get magnetic ones from either Clairs or maybe Amazon .
That way maybe your ex and see there not a big deal. Or even have your son not wear then when he’s on his dad’s time

2 Likes

Well it doesn’t make them gay if that’s what you’re wondering :woozy_face:

1 Like

Let him do it. If he decides later he doesn’t want earrings he can just simply take them out.

2 Likes

We got my son’s done when he was 10. He wanted our because dad had one. His mom said he looked like a girl (which was strange because he only had one ear done) but he didn’t care.

Maybe that was the case, according to stupid rules of society years ago but lots of boys and men have their ears peirced now :woman_shrugging:

Umm his dad needs to stop being a horrible dad by telling him it’s for girls only. He is being sexist and what kind of a role model is he being for his son. I would let him get his ears pierced and his dad needs to mind his own business.

2 Likes

I agree with dad🤷🏻‍♀️ But you also need to think about how you would feel if it was the other way around. Imagine if you said no to a piercing but dad was like “oh well he wants it” and went to get it done anyways

2 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13699 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer166.pages.dev

Piercings are not gender based.

1 Like

I would tell him when he’s 18 he can make that choice.

2 Likes

I think you he’s kind of young to make that decision… Eventually, once he gets older he might not want it…

1 Like

Piercings are for whoever wants them. They don’t have a gender. The dad sounds toxic. My only thing was I wanted them to wait till 10 for their first piercing, 13 for their 2nd, and after 15 as many as you want but you have to pay for them yourself

So if it were a daughter how would he feel about it? There are tons of guys that have pierced ears. It’s not just a “girl thing”. He’s just wanting to express himself. I don’t see anything wrong with it and I think he is basing his decision on that HE doesn’t think it’s for boys (toxic masculinity stuff) and not just because he doesn’t agree with it in general. You still have to co-parent and respect each other but… it’s your job to also support your son no matter what.

1 Like

F dad. Go get it done

If they want them and you approve as the parent?

He’s old enough to ask for them and want them. There shouldn’t be any reason he can’t get them done :woman_shrugging:t2: Gender doesn’t matter.

Try magnetic ones for awhile to see if he’s mature enough to handle it. I’d make him do the cleaning and stuff too. And I’m not saying this bc he’s a boy but he’s 8yo and they can change their minds a lot just in one day.

One of my boys has his left ear only pierced, he originally got it done at 6yrs by a family member. He then decided later on he didn’t want it. Then that family member passed away and he asked for it to be re done for his 13th bday and has kept it in since.

Let him decide it’s okay mama

My Son had his ears pierced when he was 9 he’s almost 15 & still wears earrings

1 Like

Go take him go get it done anyways!

Dad is wrong its for boys and girls. My son has both of his ears pierces.

1 Like

Its not only for girls? My 7 year old got his done when he was 2… my dad has had his done longer than I’ve been alive. My other half has had his done longer than we’ve been together lol.

1 Like

I agree with dad. It will set him up for bullying at school too. Maybe when he’s an adult

6 Likes

Yes, they’re old enuf!

It’s the “in” thing. My husband didn’t want our son to do it either at 11, even though he had his pierced! He felt he should be a teenager (16). My thinking was that if it wasn’t permanent and within reason, I would allow. My son pierced his ears, dyed his hair, pierced his nose. He’s almost 24 and now only has his ears pierced. Not even a tattoo. If you start denying, I feel like they rebel as soon as they can and go crazy…. Piercing everything, tattooing their face!! :joy::joy:

Get him magnetic or clip ons

2 Likes

Lots of guys have their ears pierced

My sons are adults they have theirs done an my oldest son just took his son. Nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

I took both my boys they are 7 & 8 I let them choose what they want to do.

My sons 15 got his ear pierced at 3 months. Never been made fun of for having it.

If either parent is not ok with something, then the answer is no!
My daughter asked for a drink of coke the other day…i said no. Because im the parent!

5 Likes

I would take him to do it and tell dad to get over it

2 Likes

My husband has his ears pierced. It’s not like he wears dangly ear rings or flower ones :joy:

2 Likes

Do one ear, you both win :rofl::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My boys wanted theirs done if I had the money it would be done

I would do it. The reason ur ex is saying is uncalled for and not a valid reason. It would be different if due to religious beliefs or medical.

Only do one ear pierced my son and god sons had one to see if they wanted to get the other one done.

My husband has both ears pierced, And has for years……He loves them, And so do I.

Putting gender on things like this is silly, Especially in todays society.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go against the other parent on something like this but you can definitely tell your son the truth. Not making dad to be a bad guy, just that dad does not feel like it’s appropriate and then let your son bug the hell out of dad until he agrees :joy:

3 Likes

Let him it’s just like a pirate :blush:

If you both do not agree then do not do it. Just remember turn about is fair play. What if dad was okay with the 8 year old doing something and you weren’t. How would you feel if he did it anyway and told you to get over it. Pick your battles. This is nothing to be bickering over.

4 Likes

𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐲, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈’𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

If your son wants to do it, let him. If he changes his mind later he can always take them out.

Not allowing him to do it on the fact that a parent just doesn’t " like " it, is kinda nuts. Its only a piercing.
Boys and girls can get them. It is not specific to any gender.
Just hope he doesn’t resent it and when he becomes an adult goes way to far.

1 Like

Get him clip on or magnetic. If he ends up not liking it over a period of time, he can take it off and not have a hole that has to heal. Maybe dad would be OK with that compromise and eventually come around to him getting it done in a tattoo shop.

2 Likes

Piercings and tattoos (I know we aren’t talking about tattoos right now haha) are for every gender. There are many many male identifying people out there with their ears pierced. I’d do it. Your son is asking for it, he can take them out one day if he wants too. His father might be upset at you, but that only matters if you care.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it until he is 16 because they change their minds all the time

1 Like

Let him he’s old enough to decide if he wants his ears pierced. I know tons of boys who have it done.

My husband and all my brothers have their ears pierced. So it’s definitely not just for girls

1 Like

From the age of 4 my daughter asked to have her ears pierced , she had them pierced age 8 and they lasted about a month , we had to take them out as she hated them , maybe wait until he’s a little older , just my opinion

1 Like

Ally boys have their ears peirce definitely not just for girls the only one in .y whe famy that doesn’t have their ears peirced is my youngest daughter

My son really wanted his done so I took him and got them done and he really loves them

Let him get them done :blush:

First, it’s not a “girls only” thing. If your son was a little older I’d say go for it, but obviously there’s upkeep & cleaning that he has to be able to handle for himself. If you think your son is capable of handling that, go for it! But I think a nice compromise might be to buy some clip on or stick on earrings for him. If he still loves wearing them after a month or so, revisit the subject. Because that may at least give your ex some time to get adjusted to the idea, & a little less likely to give you such a hard time.
I wish you the best of luck, & ultimately no one can tell you what you should do. But I will say fuck the “gender norm”, let kids be who they are & express themselves. :black_heart:

Regardless of his reasoning, Dad says no. If he’s otherwise a decent father, I’d respect his wishes.

3 Likes

Most the people on here saying just do it would be pissed if it were the other way around and the dad did it without mom’s ok. That’s not co parenting.

2 Likes

Yes. Get his ear peirced.

I think the three of you need to sit down together to discuss it if that’s possible. That way you’re not the bearer of bad news if you can’t agree. Also your son will see that mom and dad will make joint decisions when needed for important decisions and not go against each other which is important in coparenting. If it’s a no now you can also try again later. He’s 8 his ears are only going to grow not disappear :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

If they want to then yes, the holes are tiny, so if they decide ltr not wear an earring it is ok

I am a body piercer
And boys getting their lobes done or any piercing really is just as popular as girls - but I would spend a little time trying to get dad on board because if he tries to take them out after your son gets them done, it can be quiet painful and they close up very quickly.
If you are worried he will do that, Wear fake ones for a while, and see if dad even notices.
Cause a lot of the time they don’t
Then after abit, get them done for real.

1 Like

Co parenting. You respect each other’s wishes when it comes to your child. Both parents should have equal say and respect. If you cannot come to an agreement with anything then at that point you should follow your custody agreement. I for one would let him get his ears pierced but l do understand that both parents should have equal say.

2 Likes

If it’s not an age issue but only “it’s for girls” tell your ex to grow up. Nothing is ever for boys only or girls only especially now a days. If a girl wants an action figure toy guess what? It’s a girls toy. If a boy wants a doll, it’s now a boys toy. I myself do not like the idea of piercings on children so mine will not have it done but if you think he s old enough to make this decision and to take care of them I would say talk to your ex again. Don’t do it without agreeing regardless because that just causes conflict and puts your kid in the middle

1 Like

Ever sense olden times ear rings are a sign of ownership. Or else slavery .

Totally against boys or men with pierced ears!!

When he is in middle school

Is it his dad’s ears or his ears? Js

My Dad called me Shirley every time he noticed my earring. Always cracked me up.

My neighbor and friend that lives next door has to boys that are 7 and 9 and the on has his ears done both and it looks cute on him his sd went with him to get it done a bought him his first pair of earrings alot of dad’s are against it because it’s a gender thing and boys aren’t supposed to have them and if they do it means there gay… I qould get them done it about him and what makes him happy tell his dad to stop putting labels on shot bc of gender bc when he is a teen and wants to get stuff he won’t come to you he will just go do it himself and as a parent I would rather my kods come to me then go do it behind my back

If the shoe were on the other foot, would you want his Dad taking him to get something done that you’re openly against? I know I wouldn’t.

If all trading platform are perfect as Mrs Lisa Jennifer, the world would have been a better place for all, I just got my first profit successful from Mrs Lisa Jennifer company platform and I want to encourage others to develop the habit of investment because it pays a lot, online investment has been my major source of income especially since the day of stay home period, if you are interested contact her
:point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5:

You aren’t always going to see eye to eye. Do what YOU feel is best. How often does he go to his dads? Maybe do it when he has enough days in between so that they won’t grow back together if he takes them out beforehand. Everyone is different. Unless you have custody papers stating otherwise, you don’t have to have his permission.

Mrs Lisa Jennifer what can I say now to thank you for what you have done for me words can’t express how I feel when I received profits from your company Mrs Lisa I never knew you existed on earth I would have be a millionaire by now but nevertheless now that I have meet you I can still thank God for leading me to come in contact with you thanks very much for your wonderful work Mrs Lisa Jennifer, contact her via to start earning
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

My son’s dad and I had this argument. I respected the choice until he messed up big time. Then pulled the well “I’m gonna get their ears pierced then”

I think self expression (anything permanent) is very important . All my boys have them because they asked .

1 Like

Nah, my son wants his done but I told him he has to wait. His grandfather is very traditional.

I would just tell him when he’s a bit older you can let him decide if it’s still something he wants to do. He’s 8. I would even wait until my daughter is 12 or so

If I enjoy this privilege all alone it shows how ungrateful I’m because I got this opportunity from a post here as well and saw recommendations too.All thanks to the good work of Mrs Lisa Jennifer i
Follow this link :link::paperclips: to message her on facebook.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: