Should I be concerned about the bruises on my childs back?

Id just bring him to be safe for sure

I would definitely get him checked out by his pediatrician

Check the car seat! I had that problem with my son.

Best advice to give is, if going to the dr will give you the peace of mind knowing nothings wrong, then make an appointment

1 Like

Sounds like he might be low in iron if he’s bruising very easy long as I don’t get too bad I’d wait to his appointment in March

Mine would get red marks, almost like circles, on his body. I mentioned it to his ped and she referred us to an allergist. They did a blood draw and turns out he has a slight allergy to cows milk and egg whites.

When my kids where small there pediatrician told me bruises on the front of the legs or nothing for him to worry about that’s normal kids learning to walk and stuff bruises on the back of the arms and back is ones that he was worried about and questions. But my son always had one on his back we found out it was his seat belt.

I would go to the doctor now. I know it could be nothing, but it could also be something very serious. No doctor will judge you on this one. They will most likely run tests as this is a symptom of many things at varying levels of concern. Even if it is a car seat, bed, play related, etc, go get professional medical advice sooner than later. Even just for peace of mind, the time and cost involved is worth it.
If this were my child, I would definitely be making am appointment sooner than later.

Blood work needs to be done. My son got this too his was due to his body not storing iron properly.

I would make an appointment asap. My kids ALWAYS have bruises but never on their backs (unless something has happened; like my 3 year old hit his back against a wooden futon and had a bruise)

Call the doctor please my 6 yr old daughter has leukemia and there’s several symptoms to it.

1 Like

Unknown bruising is usually anemia which can be fixed with iron supplements. Rarely it’s lukemia

My son seems to bruise easily. He always has. He is constantly rolling around and jumping over furniture and stuff. Throws himself on the ground while playing but a few years ago I was concerned as he seemed to be covered in purple or black bruises. I brought him to the doctor and she wasnt concerned. I started him on a multivitamin though coz I read it can be a sign of low iron which is common in toddlers

My sons 19 months and he always has random bruises. And idk how he gets most of them, let’s be honest idk where my own bruises come from. If your concerned you can take him to the doctor or you can spend a whole day following the kid around and see what exactly they are doing.

My son is 8 years cancer free. It started with him being tired, leg pain I put off to growing pains and alot and random bruises. Better safe than sorry