Should I be concerned that my baby fell off the bed?

Weeks ago i saw some testimonies about Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve trades and confirmed withdrawal made. I was so skeptical but after much thinking i gave her a try and i made my first withdrawal. It was shocking and it’s still surprising. I advice you take a chance with her, kindly click on the link below for more information. :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

My daughter did the same thing at that age. She landed on the top of her head onto hard wood floors…shes now about to be 14. She’s always been fine, a little goofy but good :rofl:

It’s like a baby initiation thing. They all do it! Don’t feel like a bad mom!

5 Likes

It happens to all of us my daughter fell off the couch I called the dr and asked if I needed to bring her in and they said if I think I need to … no definite answer I was worried but she was fine no bump bruise bleed or crying

It has happened to all of us atleast once … lol
And yes we felt horrible …

Babies roll off of things. It happens. You’d be surprised how resilient they are!
So long as he isn’t acting any different, I wouldn’t be concerned.
My oldest and I fell asleep on my bed when she was about 3 months old. At the time, my bed was in a corner and I was on the side with the wall. Meaning she was facing the open world. At some point, she found her self off the bed and wedged between her pack and play and my bed. Things happen.
Don’t beat yourself up over it.

3/3 of my kids have fallen off my bed or couch at some point. They grew up to be decent lol! Don’t stress too much, maybe roll up a towel or blanket and put it behind him next time he’s sleeping

2 Likes

If he’s not crying he’s probably fine. When my 6 year old was 8 months he broke his arm and I still can not figure out how!

Honestly it happens. Babies roll whether we think they will or they won’t. Your pediatrician will probably have a conversation and reiterate to put a baby in a safe space and somewhere they can’t roll off. I would keep an eye on your baby to see if there’s any changes with their behavior. If you are concerned, call the pediatricians office and ask to speak to your ped or a nurse on staff. Explain what happened and you aren’t sure if you should bring them in for an exam or just keep an eye for now :blue_heart:

I’m 95% sure that this has happened to almost every momma. All three of mine have fallen off the bed or the couch or both. My 10 month old has done it a couple times recently and now won’t get close to the edge anymore. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad momma. Honestly, that’s how they learn is to fall…like everything in life. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Babies can take alot. If he didn’t bump his head and wasn’t even crying, I’m sure he’s fine. If you’re not sure call his Dr. Doctors know the difference between an accident and abuse.

Happened to both my boys… more than once! I get like a horrible mom the first time too!

1 Like

My mom told me that the latter of my Brothers bunkbed fell & landed on my head I’ m great now

1 Like

Lol they all fall at some point. As long as her eyes are budging out of her head she’s fine.

1 Like

Bet u cryed though,it happens to most mum ,if they honest lv,as long as he is ok,

1 Like

Everybody’s baby falls off the bed. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::heart:

10 Likes

It’s most likely fine. Kids roll off beds. It can help to place pillows on either side of them to help discourage rolling off the edge.

Wow, I’m sure he is fine but my goodness, neither of my kids ever rolled off of anything. I am super surprised that this has happened so often to others

It’s initiation into babyhood :relieved: (kidding btw) but it’s okay. It’s only an accident, if you’re genuinely concerned take him in. They can tell the difference between abuse and accidents. My son rolled off my bed 3 times before I decided to just put my mattress on the floor lol. It’s a common thing. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad mom cause it happens to everyone.

3 Likes

If he’s not crying he’s probably fine. My kids haven’t fallen off the bed, but have the couch and they’re fine. Kids are more resilient than we think. (:

1 Like

Na I tease new parents about dropping your kids I dropped both mine there fine. Your not a bad parent if it happens. Repeat you are not a bad parent if it happens

All my kids have fell off either a bed or couch at some point. It happens. Even if they have a bruise and a bit of swelling. If they are acting normal chances are they are fine.

My kid fell off the bed and almost broke his leg. Don’t worry we make mistakes. If you think he needs to be seen take him. I promise consequences for not treating an injury is much higher than treating an accident

1 Like

You’re mom. Use your judgement, if it puts you at ease make an appointment with pediatrician, drs are aware this happens

1 Like

My now 6yo fell off the bed at 4mo and hit her head on the side table. I felt horrible but she was fine (called Dr and they told me what to look for). Now 3yo fell off couch and did same thing as I was changing her butt. Honestly, they say it’s like an intiation for babies and I almost want to agree lol

It happens. You just learn to create a barrier around them while you go pee real quick. I slide my kids to the center of the bed then place either a rolled up blanket or a few pillows around them so they don’t get far if they move or put them in their crib

Always call doc if unsure. They would know if abuse was going on. They would find multiple unreported injuries so don’t worry about that. They will ask how he fell. How he reacted. Then advise. You got this.

***********But always worry more for your kids safety than how you look getting your child’s needs met. Accidents happen.

3 Likes

Yeah don’t panic it happens if your worried take him to doctors

1 Like

Oh we’ve all been there if he’s not crying or fussy he should be ok.

2 Likes

Nah. Just observe for 24 hrs. The first 2 after are when you should keep baby awake if it was more than 3 ft.

It happens :two_hearts: babies are pretty tough. You had more of a reaction than I’m sure your baby did. Obviously if he starts acting unusual I would take him asap but I’m sure he’s fine

1 Like

If my kids ever fell off a bed or any high area yes I would take them to make sure.

1 Like

Never off the bed, but my oldest fell down the stairs when she was one something and was completely fine. I still called the doctor to make sure I shouldn’t bring her in. Honestly I think they appreciate you calling and making sure. If someone hurt there child on purpose I doubt they would call. I call whenever I’m not sure about something. But im a total worry wart lol

I don’t think you are truly a mom until your kid has rolled off the sofa or bed at least once. Lol

3 Likes

Girl… been there done that, my son rolled off my bed too and it was pretty high up, he was totally fine but scared the crap out of me :joy: if your feeling like you should call doctor than definitely call! Don’t go against your better judgment cuz your worried if what other people think! No one is perfect!

1 Like

Sweet mama, it’s bound to happen at some point and yes we all feel like horrible moms when that happens but we human too and things happen.

1 Like

It happens, just keep a close eye on him, if he starts vomiting, then take him in. But I’d say, you’ll be ok :heart: hugs momma

1 Like

My mother in law always said, every baby falls off the bed once before their first birthday.

1 Like

It happens to nearly every one of us that a child has hit the floor. They bounce back from it pretty fast so as long as they are acting normal and nothing is broken then you can only move on and try to not let it happen again but that’s not always possible either :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

My first fell of the bed much earlier that 9 months :grimacing:. I was shaking like a leaf four HOURS I was so distraught. Ultimately he was fine, but I definitely recommend calling the nurse hotline so they can tell you what to look out for. It should be on the back of your insurance card.