Should I be concerned that my husband spends his weekends away from me?

It sounds like a culture clash and it is common for certain cultures to live with their parents forever. My oldest son’s bio dad’s parents were from Mexico. And my youngest son’s dad’s parents are from Vietnam. Lived it twice and they’re almost the same when it comes to family.

Does he have a second family??

2 Likes

Ditch him find someone better you don’t deserve that type of treatment you deserve better

Married men dont sleep at their parents. That’s strange even if it is true or a cover up. Why would you not be with him visiting his family too.

Girl pack your stuff and leave…I would definitely be filing for divorce…I would also follow him and see what the hell he’s been doing…sounds like he’s got a whole different life on the weekends

1 Like

Get rid of him fast!

Pack his crap and tell him to go live with his mommy. That is unacceptable. But your relationship seems a little off to begin with. Together 9 years married 2 living together 4 months…:thinking:

3 Likes

That’s not a marriage. Get out

2 Likes

:joy:Wake Up! The dude has a girlfriend and his family’s covering for him. I don’t know why you’ve put up with it this long

1 Like

Absolutely concerning.

Your cheating yourself.

Couldn’t be me or my husband.

Ummm. Married 2 years, “together 9” and 4 MONTH living together and never home on the weekends and no one likes you :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

4 Likes

Doesn’t sound like a husband to me… sounds like a shitty boyfriend

Follow him next time he goes and see if it’s another life he has and if so decide if that is what you want to put up with or not ?

1 Like

Girl… why in the world have u wasted so much time with this man. You deserve better! He doesn’t make u a priority and he’s more then likely making another woman his priority

1 Like

What’s concerning is why the hell you married him?

4 Likes

That’s odd. I personally feel like you never truly know someone until you live together. He doesn’t seem to be emotionally married. Like it was just something for him to do almost. Why get married at all? You need to find out where his head is at and what his idea of marriage is. Seems like y’all aren’t on the same page. 11yrs being together, this is an odd way to live and him to be totally comfortable with it.

Yes very concering he’s married to his family his friends and his home town but not you!
Its now up to what you about it
Put up with it or leave… because he clearly doesn’t see an issue and I very much doubt hell change

You have been together for 11 years and spend no time together?

2 Likes

Girl, trust your gut! I would rent a car or trade cars with a friend he doesn’t know. Put on a hat, wig, and sunglasses and follow him just to see what he’s up too. But that’s me. I did this with my sister and boom he was up to no good with an old dirty butt slut… And we busted him wide open. Needless to say she’s remarried now to an amazing “MAN”…
BOY: BYE…

I feel like hes got another family tbh

9 Likes

Yes! My “visited his parents often” he was staying with his high school sweetheart…run! Don’t be dumb like me and figure it out when your 8 months pregnant and 8 years in a relationship.

5 Likes

You were married before you lived together?? Oh hell no honey get out asap.

So you’ve been together 11 years. Clearly you knew this was how he was before you got married. So why did you marry him exactly? Marriage doesn’t mean a person is going to change their ways.

1 Like

If it works for you both it’s not a problem. I would discuss maybe every other weekend
I get your invited but choose not to go so I don’t think he’s doing anything but maybe a bit of a mommas boy. I’ve learned that how they treat their mothers is how you can expect to be treated. And yes there are exceptions to every rule.

Its not uncommon that cheating is a family event. Other women are taken to the parents noone ever says a word they play along and most likely the reason why new ones don’t feel welcome cause they are housing everyone eles.

2 Likes

Yes it’s very concerning. You’re his wife! He should at least do every other wknd with you & then his parents. What’s concerning is that he is comfortable never seeing you/spending time with you.

Oh honey your his 2nd family.

4 Likes

Thats not a marriage. You were married before u lived together. How does that even work. You never see each other. Id let him go live his life elsewhere seeing thats where he is all the time instead of being with you his WIFE . Be with someone devoted to you and actually with you.

3 Likes

Sweetie you’re the side chick. I’m sorry to be the one who tells you but you are

5 Likes

Very concerning this screams he has another family or fling. Need more details

5 Likes

You wrote all that because you need confirmation of what? He should be with his wife and you already know that. Stand up

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s your husband, he’s someone else’s husband who thinks he’s not spending the week with her because of work.

9 Likes

If u let it happen now God only knows what else he will do

Yes. Something is very wrong with this picture.

1 Like

Been married two years and only started living together 4 months ago. Not good

2 Likes

This isn’t a marriage or even a relationship it’s more like roommates with benefits…No man is going to want to stay the weekends with his parents instead of having fun with his wife/girl unless there’s another reason he’s there.Either way you gotta think if you can be happy with the way things are or if you want more and better and leave and get a man that will put you first and treat you right.You deserve to be with someone that makes you his priority. Good luck

3 Likes

Hes using you as a place to lay his head to be close to his job and living his life elsewhere on weekends when he should be home helping his family. Dump the loser and let him live with mommy and daddy.

2 Likes

This is NOT a relationship let alone a marriage.

1 Like

I would be divorcing him immediately! That is very very concerning and not how marriage works. He’s definitely up to no good behind your back. Move on and find yourself someone better that will spend any free time he has with you!

2 Likes

You sound like the “other”. :weary:

2 Likes

Time to have a real serious chat.ether he commits to an actual relationship and spending some time with you as a spouse or he can be single. The only thing I could see as to why he’d be doing this is children, sick parents, another person or he doesn’t want to be with you.

1 Like

Yes this is very concerning.

1 Like

I mean no malice or anything, but I’ve seen greencard marriages work out better than this.

5 Likes

He’s using you for a place to stay while he works

4 Likes

Sounds like he probably has a whole other family somewhere else

7 Likes

The whole situation is concerning

1 Like

What did i just read?? Its so many red flags all rolled into a big …WHAT!!!

7 Likes

Uhhh yea. It’s concerning.

1 Like

I’d leave if that were me or tell him gtfo! :woman_facepalming:t4: he should be w u instead of his family…

4 Likes

He probably has another wife tbh

3 Likes

This whole thing jus sounds wrong

Yeah something is going on run

You’ve been married two years and only lived together four months and he doesn’t spend weekends with you, hello that’s a big red flag, why did you even get married? I would give him a ultimatum me or your family, It’s time for you to tell him goodbye, you deserve better than him!

3 Likes

Suck it up and go too or get divorced seems like a pointless marriage. Try to make an effort with your in-laws (maybe it’s a deal breaker for him?) and talk to your husband you both seem very disconnected!.

He has another woman/wife and/or an entire other family…I’d bet on it

6 Likes

Ummm no. You had your chance YEARS ago to make a routine but after THIS long, NOW you want to play house? He’s done had is routine in place and you want to change it all up because of how YOU feel about non English speakers n some minor comments about you :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d bet you he has a whole other family :grimacing:

7 Likes

Wtffff is he leading a double life. After 9 years serious??? And only been living together for 4 months and got married 2 years ago? It just sounds so concerning … go and check it out for yourself and don’t tell him you are going.

1 Like

How and where did you get married?

1 Like

I have 99 questions and all of them are what the fuck?

Oh he cheating, cheating

1 Like

We have so many more questions that need answered girl cause WAT

5 Likes

Well, I find this a bit strange and not how I would want to live - - - but if you are okay with it, then go for it

This is why I am single I can’t deal with that garbage no m4n is worth that stress. Not a single one is worth it lol

1 Like

You don’t have much of a marriage. I would get out if I were you

2 Likes

Not trying to be rude at all, but could he possibly have another family??

Time to really think about whats really going on, you better smarten yourself up

1 Like

This whole situation is concerning

3 Likes

Bitch better be with me on the weekend! He would be living with them. Every now and then is one thing but your ass ain’t taking off every damn weekend. Hell no!

How was he for the 9 years you were together?

1 Like

Screams “I have a double life” investigate or just peace out unless you’re content with your situation.

3 Likes

Definitely not normal…

1 Like

You lost me being married for 2 years but just starting living together 4 months ago ??? Re-read and follow your gut instincts

7 Likes

I would get out of that situation. You already know what’s going on or you wouldn’t be question it…

1 Like

Is there a cultural background here between you and your husband or more details to the type of relationship have and you had prior to marriage and not living together? I’m sorry to say your going to get a lot of unnecessary crazy responses due to just lack of details and it not sounding traditional to most… I think if you found a way to give slight more detail without putting your life out there you may get a better response towards what guidance your looking for. Or even advice that may help instead of everyone’s judgements and opinions.

Let him pack his bags and move to mommy’s. You need to move on.

6 Likes

It sounds like there is more cultural difference here than the story tells…with that being said, I think the question at hand is “Is this the life you want to live…?”

5 Likes

Ummmm what? I really really really am not trying to sound racist but are you sure you weren’t used for like a green card wedding on the cheap?

1 Like

Try to learn the language, maybe?!

1 Like

That just sounds odd to me… I would not want a marriage like that.

3 Likes

You’ve been together 2 years and couldn’t find the time to bond with his family and learn to communicate with the woman who dosent speak the same language as you? Sorry that stuck out and bothers me. I would probably say something about you to if you had a problem with me because I speak a different language then you. You chose to be in that marriage without living together and now it’s a problem he’s not in the house? Take yourself to his parents and spend time with YOUR NEW FAMILY.

10 Likes

You hear stories about men who live two lives with two different families in different towns, and you think, “how is that even possible, how would the wives not know about it? What is that life even like?” This. This is what that life is like… :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:

9 Likes

Sounds like he has a double life …

1 Like

Run. Simple as that.

1 Like

Uhm, this seems like he is living a double life. Are u sure he is staying with his parents?

4 Likes

He is living a double life. Like this whole entire thing just screams red flags lol

3 Likes

You already know the answer to this.

6 Likes

This is just weird. All sides of it.

1 Like

Sound like he are mum boy . He live with you but he go home :house_with_garden: umm that not marred . I be end it that make me go cazy . Why dose he go home ?

2 Likes

Girl it’s time to say boy bye! Ur not co.fortable there why is he leaving u all weekend get a new man

1 Like

Wtf did I just read :flushed: single life, double life, triple life, who cares! In what “normal” circumstances would a husband and wife not live together or spend time with one another?! Your story is just crazy weird. Lol.
I say, be grateful you don’t have kids and move on with your life and don’t look back! :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Do you really need us to answer this?!? Go back and read what you wrote. I think the answer is very clear.

7 Likes

Time to move on with ur life, everything u just said says red flags! No married couple wouldn’t live together , let alone a husband spending all his free time with someone else besides his wife, and not to mention if ur not comfortable then why are u even trying to put effort into the relationship…. I think u already know it’s time to tell him to hit the road

Throw the whole dude away sis

5 Likes

This doesn’t sound like a marriage at all. Sounds more like a situationship. Sis - throw the whole man boy away if he doesn’t change his ways after an ultimatum. Or better yet - tell him he has to take all the kids with him every weekend so child care is more evened out and you have weekends free. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Either he used you for citizenship or there’s a double life thing going on. Nothing about this seems acceptable.

16 Likes

Okay, y’all were together for nine years and married 2? sooooo you didn’t see those red flags before you got married???
When someone stays together for to long, the relationship becomes boring. You should have had being concerned, the moment you were in a relationship for to long before married that man.

2 Likes

Sounds like He is married more to his family than you, which wont work. He should want to be with you. Hate to say it but I had a Fiancee that use to use the excuse he needed to spend weekends in another town helping his sister. His sister was his wife. When I found out I sent messege to her that I didnt know, was sorry and she could have him. Kicked him out when he showed up to my house a few hours later. Something is going on in my opinion, not saying cheating, but his attention is not on you.

3 Likes