Should I be concerned with an umbilical hernia?

Anyone deal with their newborn suddenly devolving an umbilical hernia? Took my baby to the doctor and she’s beginning to get one and all they tell me is she will outgrow it. How to I take care of it or prevent it from getting worse??? It’s got me all worried

8 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant without a period while breastfeeding? - Mamas Uncut

Both my daughters have them (ages 5 and 3). They have caused no issues. My 5-year-old, however, is having a quick procedure to get it repaired. My 3-year-old they want to wait on because they say it could heal up by the age of five

My daughter had one when she was born, she did outgrow it before she was a year. I also have one and they said they arent worrisome unless theyre strangled off.

Umbilical hernia they will outgrow by one year old. My son has one and a groin hurnia. The groin hurnia you can’t out grow and need surgical intervention.

The only way to treat is through surgery from what I’ve read. I’d seriously get a 2nd opinion

My son had one and they told to just let it go away on its own

1 Like

My daughter had one, once the baby starts using their abdomen muscles it should close up. It will get big, it is weird to watch as they eat… I don’t recommend putting anything over it to push it down. Just let it be

Both my kids had them and they eventually went away on their own! They did have to get the silver stuff (forgot what it’s called lol) in the their bellybutton because it wasn’t closed up all the way due to the hernia! My kids are now 16 and 18…so nothing to worry about lol

My youngest son had it. If it doesn’t go away by 1 year of age, they’ll do surgery. My son also ended up with a testicle hernia with it so they did his surgery sooner and did both at the same time.

Ok so my comment will tell how old I am. In the old days we would tape a quarter over it and it would just go away.

2 Likes

my son had one. it was huge. they told me to push it in and lightly massage it. it was gone right after his 1st bday. he has an outtie button now. my son is 10 now.

Mine had one. I just made sure his nappies were comfortably tight to hold it in. It corrected itself.

My son (6 months on 9th) has had one since birth. Dr discovered it after the umbilical cord nub fell off. They told me not to worry it usually closes on it’s own over time and they will keep checking it at his normal appointments. It is getting better and doesn’t affect him at all and I don’t do anything special about it. He is a very rambunctious, wild baby and it doesn’t seem to have made it any worse it’s still getting better.

My 4yr old had one. He outgrew his. His dr did say if he still had it by age 2-3 yrs old they would do surgery.

2 of my kids had them. They went away on there own.

Your G P will give you the proper information Hooe it all goes well

My daughter had one. They said if it didn’t go away by time she was 4 or 5 (can’t remember exactly) they would do surgery to remove it.
It went away by time she was 1-1.5.

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13892 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://LifeStyles8.pages.dev

My son had the exact same thing. We were told to just leave it and we can get it removed when he gets older. He is 17 as of today and it’s still there it does not bother him. The only reason we have not gotten it taken care of is because of the cost of it. We have a high deductible plan and it would cost everything they said right around $4,500. I told him we would get it removed when it starts bothering him but so far it’s so small that he doesn’t even remember it’s there.

My daughters belly button hernia was a balloon that stuck out about 2 inches. With all her tummy time and onesies, it shrank down before she was a year old. My oldest kiddo had a slight hernia too. Just has an innie outie now smaller than his sisters.

My 9 year old had one and it went away on its own but she had alot of issues with her belly button being crusty and smelly. It took until she was 6 until the Dr’s realized that the back of her belly button didn’t close when the hernia went away

l get paid over $155 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17198 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://paynow14.pages.dev/

My great nephew had one. They usually do go away on their own. Your pediatrician will explain how to care for it, if there’s anything involved. My great nephew ended up having to have his surgically fixed.

I get paid over $ 115 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 18914 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://GetPaid107.pages.dev/

Belly wrap with half dollar in it or even taping halfbdollar to. My oldest had one that’s what we did

1 Like

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13699 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://LifeStyles27.pages.dev

Gentle massage helps 100%

Yep my youngest had one. If you push on it and it’s squishy then it’s fine. If you push on it and it’s hard then there’s a problem.

I get paid over $ 115 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 17944 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://GetPaid146.pages.dev/

She will grow out of it
Listen to the DOCTOR

Leave it alone! My daughter had one at new born and she’s 5 months old now and it’s gone. My doctor told me it’s common and it’s rare to have to have surgery to remove it.

My preemie had one for about 5 months and it went away on its own!

Tape a silver coin over it.

My son had one that was pretty bad. My grandma said to wrap a quarter in gauze and use medical tape to tape it on his hernia to help keep it down. Honestly after a bit it did go down and got better. (She had ten kids, 3 had the same issue)

1 Like

It’s ok… Push it back in several times daily. It’ll go away.

It will go away on its own. No need to tape stuff on it that’s an old wives tale. As long as it’s gone by age 1 then no concern is what our pediatrician told us.