Should I be upset my husband went to the gym after work without tell me?

I understand you being upset he didnt tell you but I think your over reacting a bit as well. men need their me time as well as us but youbguysbshould be able to communicate about it as well. He should be able to go to the gym without you telling him no or without feeling like your mad about it. But you need time too so maybe set up days where he has his time to do whatever and you have your time so you both get some space from life.

1 Like

It seems like he didn’t want to make a big deal of it because he knew what your reaction would be. Don’t be that wife. Don’t be the wife who’s husband is afraid of stepping the wrong way without his wife blowing up because that will only lead to him being unhappy in your relationship. You should be happy for him that he’s taking care of himself, he’s a father but that doesn’t mean all he can do is work and come home. He is a human being and I bet he’d love and appreciate you even more if you understood this. I think you should just tell him that it made you feel some type of way when he didn’t tell you, and maybe you can come to some sort of agreement that both of you would benefit from. If he goes to the gym or wherever a few days a week, the other few he can let you have some “me time”, whatever that could include. Communication is key

Are you his wife or mother?
I can understand be worried if he wasn’t home at his usual time, and you didn’t know he was staying late at work, or going to the gym, but being mad…because he spent 30 minutes or so at the gym…???
When he gets home, politely say…I’m so glad you were able to have some time for yourself!! Then after supper or whatever, let him watch y’alls son while you have some me time.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Sounds to me like you either 1. Do this sort of thing to him often so he feels like he couldn’t tell you because exactly that, he knows you won’t be happy because I’m guessing you never are with anything he wants to do for himself. Or 2. He’s cheating, and instead of you confronting him you’d rather control him. Good luck🤷‍♀️

What’s wrong with him wanting to go to the gym atleast he responded some men go hours without responding and think they owe nothing … give your husband a little freedom or he will stop wanting to come home . It will stress him out . If you were in his shoes you’d feel that way. He has his day off to spend with your child and spending time at 6pm coming home 6 pm isn’t terrible

2 Likes

So, your husband needs “me time” also? I think it’s fair for him to have an hour of it before coming home and taking over for the night.
Men get overwhelmed, stressed, burnt out and need self care just like us.

Let him have hobbies and me time too. Then he won’t be afraid to call you. Be his ally.

4 Likes

He did it once? Let it go. If it becomes a habit you need to communicate your feelings.

Not mad for him going to the gym. But not taking the whole 2 mins it takes to message you and say “hey babe I’m okay but I made a stop at the gym before i came home” just so you know he’s safe, yes. I was at work yesterday and I didn’t get a message from my bf till 4hrs later telling me he was fine. I was terrified he had been hurt and couldn’t text me. I was mad but got over it and asked if he could just shoot me a quick text next time.

Sometimes they need me time too.

1 Like

I can understand as a mom who has a young child home all day is hard work. You do need some me time. However, he is also working hard all day to provide and also needs me time. He shouldn’t feel that he has to hide what he’s doing until he’s done. And he was honest with you about it, so please give him some grace.
In order to avoid this problem, maybe set up a schedule for both of you to get some much needed me time, and for him to have bonding time with your child.
If this was a habit, I might be worried, but I honestly think you two just need to communicate better.

1 Like

He needs time with friends too. Compromise. Every other Friday let him have time with his friends in return he gives you date night or “me” night

While I agree that he should have called (not to ask to permission but so you didn’t worry) you shouldn’t tell him he can’t go to the gym. He deserves to go work out and take care of himself and relax as well. I think you need to be more understanding, he works a lot and needs a break too. But, he should call and you do need to tell that it’s fine if he wants to go to the gym but it’s respectful to tell you ahead of time. You also deserve a break though and you two need to sit down and discuss that. He should help get the kids to bed after he goes to the gym and be on dad duty of your child wakes up earlier in the night (I’d say like 10pm-12am) to allow you to rest and relax too. My ex husband and I had a deal, I got in the middle of night with the babies because he had to work but he did anything else for them from the time he got home until about midnight, I was breastfeeding but he would change diapers and bring them to me to nurse and then put them back down or try to soothe without me having to nurse. To me that felt fair he also did bedtime depending on when he got home. He would sometimes go out after work or have his buddies over but he helped still when I needed him to and he also helped so I could go out with friends if I wanted to (as long as I pumped first.) But, he ran everything by me- he told me of he’d be later, he asked permission for his buddies to come over, etc.

1 Like

He should have let you know that he was going that way you werent just waiting around for him but it’s just a gym. Just ask him to at least let you know. If it’s every once in awhile he shouldnt have to ask. My husband is gone every day hunting. Lol it’s taking me some getting used to and sometimes I do mouth off about it because he’s gone days without seeing our daughter because he gets home so late. I’m home with her all the time and I never go anywhere ever but I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t care. Better make me some deer jerky at least lmao part of why I get mad lately though is my hormones. I’m pregnant with our second and yesterday I was under the impression that he would be home after playing softball and I asked him how it was going because I hadn’t heard from him all day and he called and said that they were already done and he was just hanging out and watching his cousin play or whatever and I got a little upset but I told him that it was fine and cried when we got off the phone :joy:then I just left and went to my sisters after our daughter finally woke up from her nap. Today he decided to stay home and not hunt though so that’s nice lol

You’ll be okay. Pick your battles, this just doesn’t seem like one.

Grow up??? Understand his time is important too! He took 30 minutes to himself! He even told you why he didnt tell you… and he was right! So let him have his time also, then take yours when he gets home!

3 Likes

Everyone else has done a great job explaining. So I’m not gonna sugarcoat this: it was ~30 min. It was the gym. You are waaaaaaay overreacting. Reality check yourself.

4 Likes

Let it go. He’s not cheating. He’s doing “me” time everyone needs one here and there

So … he went to the gym and was still home by 6? That is still a ton of time to spend w you and baby. I think you’re controlling a bit. How would you like it if the shoe was on the other foot and you wanted to hang w a Gf for an hour and he was upset over it?

2 Likes

What? Just. No. Why would you be upset over him going to the gym? Why won’t you let him go? I get having a small child at home but self care is so important to not only your physical health but your mental health as well. You want ‘me time’ but he isn’t allowed any?

5 Likes

Husbands need "me time"just like us. I would be happy mine is working out and taking a step into a healthier lifestyle. Unless hes working out with another woman then we might have a problem. My me time is working out it’s a great way to shut your mind off and forget about everything else. Self care is so important especially when we have kids.

3 Likes

Omg🙄. No wonder he lied to you…

9 Likes

Seems like you make a big deal any time he wants to do something, since you said “he knew I would have a problem with it”, in your post. He went to the gym…he didnt go get drunk at a bar and never respond to you. Let it go. In my opinion, making such a big deal out of this kind of stuff, will make him start to resent you. He shouldn’t have to ask your permission to go places. Yes, maybe letting you know is nice, but since he knew u would react negatively, that’s why he didnt say anything. It was 30 mins…no biggie.

6 Likes

Maybe he needed the 30-45 mins of me time too. I would want my husband to tell me - NOT ask me - “Hey babe I’m going to the gym with so & so, I’ll be about an hour late tonight” just so I wouldn’t worry. NOT so I can guilt him into skipping those precious 45 mins of time to unwind just to come home. He works hard and he deserves time on his own too!!

6 Likes

Let it go, you are lucky he comes home at a decent hour. I’m a sham and my husband leaves the house at 7am and comes home at 7pm staying later at work 3-5 times a week which causes him to come home between 8-10pm. He works 6days a week. I’m blessed to get this opportunity with my kids while he works his ass off. So if he did go somewhere after work which my husband has done a few times I don’t turn it into an issue. If I need time for myself or need to do something I notify him and he makes arrangements ASAP.
However I see both sides and he could have let you know he was ok and at the gym so you don’t worry about him, but I see his side too. Come to an agreement and don’t jump down his back so he can feel comfortable to let you know where he is.
Communication is the key!

I can’t live with a man

As a former SAHM I can tell you that you need to let him have his “me time” too. I was too ignorant like you and only thinking about myself after having the baby. Then when my SO got sick and couldn’t work for a long time and I had to go and work 40-60hrs a week that shit was grueling. We did that for a year. I understood why he needed his “me time”. You feel so burnt out from working and dealing with the bullshit from work then having to come home. I felt like I was gonna explode. The gym is a good way to blow off steam cuz if he didn’t have a good day at work then it was either the gym or you. Men are so under appreciated these days with everything that’s happening. Especially if you have a good man.

Mine is decent. But because he does come home and help from work he gets to go to his friends house and chill for a few hours. An I get to go eat lunch or movies with my girls. Compromise is key. An if you both can’t do it then you both need to grow up.

It was probably a woman from the office.

4 Likes

Men can’t even take time for themselves without being accused of cheating. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I see this relationship ending soon and then you’ll be writing in asking how to keep the child away from his/her dad… you need therapy before you destroy your marriage and family.

2 Likes

You are in the wrong. He’s allowed to realx or blow off steam himself. And he didn’t ask probably because he knew you’d be upset and he didn’t want a fight. He’s also an adult and shouldn’t need your permission. I’m a sahm and my husband goes out hunting whenever he wants. Doesn’t ask just says I’m going hunting be home later.

3 Likes

I would be a little annoyed he did let me know he was going (its a respect thing)but upset over an hr prolly not

Everyone on here is so judgmental. Adjusting to life with a new baby is hard. If he knew you’d say no I get why he did what he did…however wrong it is. But it sounds like maybe you aren’t getting a break like you’d like since he is working so much? The best thing you two can do is have an open conversation where you don’t judge each other for needing “me time”. It’s so normal to kind of lose your identity when you become a parent & needing time to yourself is totally necessary & normal. Talk & find a schedule that works do you both can get a break. Maybe every other day switch off with just a half hour or hour of time. You take a day & do what you want. He can take his day to workout with coworkers…as long as you’re being honest with each other & not causing resentment by harboring feelings or being dishonest by not being open about where you’re at…then you’d both be in a better spot I feel like. My fiancé and I took a while to figure out what our “me time” looks like & how to schedule that…but once we did it made all the difference for us. Just talk to your partner about how you feel & reach a compromise so you both can get the time you want & deserve. Wishing you both the best

2 Likes

Omg! He went to the gym…sound the alarms
:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:
Good grief at most maybe you could say the next time could you just give me a shout just let me know your going to the gym
But honestly he needs some me time to he works hard as well and its not like he went out for hours and hours …
Let go a little bit or your gonna drive him right out the door🙄

5 Likes

He’s your husband not your child…

5 Likes

You both need time to do what you want - it’s called sanity

1 Like

I see a lot of people saying she in the wrong for getting upset with him for not communicating with her that he’s going to the gym. Let her go somewhere after work & not let him know shit. Watch how his feelings be hurt & now she the hoe :grin::joy: shit go both ways. It’s called COMMUNICATION. She didn’t say he had to ask her she said she just wanted to be informed on what’s going on with her husband. Which is completely fine rather then her be home & worried about if he’s OK or not.

So over a half hour late and you’re bitching, get a life.

He should get time to do what he enjoys…BUT it is rude that he didn’t at least let you know first. Ask him how he would feel if you decided to stop somewhere extra without letting him know if he were home alone with your child? In my experience though, most men don’t take into consideration that when a baby comes it is generally the mom who has to sacrifice all freedom and sense of self.

2 Likes

Pick a day or 2 that you can leave the house alone when he gets home and let him have a day or 2. Bringing a child into a relationship definitely chamges things and you should talk to him to figure this out. He already feels a lot of pressure to provide for a family now instead of just him or you and him.

Work isnt a vacation. He deserves just as much me time as you. He was home by 6. That is plenty of time for yourself and time with him. Let it go. And just make it known younl would appreciate better communication before hand so u dont feel so blinde sided. (However id like to note, you obviously jump his case regularly thats why he did wanna tell you what he was doing before hand. Hed rather ask for forgiveness than permission). Chill out.

6 Likes

Sounds like he too into himself!

1 Like

He would’ve called had you, don’t blame him for not if you’re going to nag and control him

1 Like

Oh for Pete sake give him a break!!!

1 Like

Wow. #littlegirlproblems

6 Likes

Get use to it momma!!!

1 Like

You both needed a little me time. You both need to figure out how to give it to each other. Or it’s not going to work…

1 Like

He works all week plus xtra so leave him alone. At least hes not cheating on u and hes getting his body stronger.

1 Like

I’ve been married for 19 years and sometimes you gotta let them do stuff alone.

1 Like

The answer is no. Health and fitness is important. It’s not like it happens all the time so pick your battles wisely and let it go

2 Likes

Maybe just say you were expecting him and you want some you time here and there. I wouldn’t blow this out of proportion some times we all need to blow off steam maybe you both should write I statements on a piece of paper instead of coming at each other "like you did this " the first year of a baby is hard expectations can be killer and a big let down on both sides since we all have ideas of how we think it should be. Maybe try love languages it’s a great book.

he could had said he was drinking with his buddies at the bar and came home drunk…by the way he was half hour late big whoopie deal

A heads up out of consideration would be nice but at the same time … Dont be upset about it…be glad it wasnt a bar lol. Find u some you time now … Thats fair

Can you join a moms group or find something where you can take your child (library?) so you can get some adult interaction during the day? Talk to your religious institution about someone who can drive you places once in a while if you don’t have access to a car/Uber/public transportation.

I don’t know why some people on here feel the need to make rude comments like “sound the alarms”. That’s rude.

To answer your question. I am a SAHM as well. And I totally get how you feel. Your husband does need his time for himself but he should have told you. If he wants to go to the gym after work some days maybe he should communicate that with you and explain that it is his time for himself and helps relieve stress. You need time for yourself as well. Maybe find something you enjoy and he can watch your son while you go do something with friends or alone.

So he can’t have an hour of “me time” because you want it yourself? Why is your need more important than his?
Maybe work with him ahead of time and you guys can figure out certain days where you can each have some alone time. But he was still home by dinner time, I really don’t see any issue

1 Like

My SO leaves for work at 530 am and can come home anywhere between 7 pm and 10 pm. He also works weekends. Your husband will probably start telling you he’s working overtime so he can go to the gym and you not be mad about it. Seems like a silly thing to be upset about also borderline controlling. Just because he doesn’t spend a lot of time with your child doesn’t mean the time he doesn’t spend with him isn’t quality.

2 Likes

Was he going with a girl friend or something?!? Then I’d be upset, but he just went I think he should’ve let you know but tell him or communicate better. If go ok you gone to gym in going to go somewhere by myself you stay with the baby. Compromise!!!

Okay mama that’s a bit controlling. I get it if u want a head sup so u not worried if he’s hurt or not but expecting him to go work and straight home is a bit much for everyday. Seems he needed some time out. He isn’t gonna live at the gym . You and baby will get your time with him but if he isn’t a guy that goes liming and drinking etc he needs to have a little time to himself. For instance being a housewife and stay at home mom don’t u feel like u could use an outing every so often? Well same for him. Give him a little extra once u know in your heart u don’t have a reason to doubt his loyalty

3 Likes

Wow he works so hard please let him go to the gym!

3 Likes

communication is definitely key in a relationship, he should have let you know, but you should also be okay about him going to the gym. he needs “me time” as much as you do so as long as yous are both getting a turn at doing something yous want to do for yourselves it’s fair, but definitely when you have a child involved he should let you know what time he’s going to be home and where he’s going, because I bet he’d expect the same from you. if it was the other way around and you were at work and then going somewhere after and not telling him, while leaving him at home with the baby, I’m sure he’d be upset/annoyed too.

Went to the gym, did it hurt U? No it did not hurt anyone. Sounds like U don’t want him to spend time with his friends. At least he came home 1 hr later. Ur very controlling, therapy may help U.

3 Likes

Uh… no. Not sometjing yo be mad about

2 Likes

Tell him that one night out of the week he can go out n one out of the week u go out for me time. Then pick a night where all of u go out or do something at home. In any relationship u need communication to be on the same page. But I also make a night out with just me n him to spend time together.

1 Like

Hey he’s doing something to better him self… but he should’ve told you… it’s a little messed up he could’ve called while driving to the gym… but if your always going to say no you don’t want him to that’s probabaly why he didn’t say he was going to the gym my boyfriend works out everyday takes one day off yeah sometimes it pisses me off when he works late and still goes to the gym… sometimes I come to the gym with him so I can have some good time with him and work on myself…there is a daycare with my gym maybe you guys should find a gym with a daycare so you can workout with your husband it’s great bonding time… unless your a jealous girl who will see the hot chicks and freak out if it looks like your husband is looking at them… then I suggest stay home lol… when we first started dating and we had different jobs me and him went every morning after dropping his daughter off at school it’s great bonding time for us now I go every other day with him when I have time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So you want him to give up him time so you can have you time?lol
Can’t y’all alternate. He had gym time…so tomorrow you get that half hr to do whatever you want!?!
Cuz yo…it’s an hr late(as you said he’s home usually by 5, but instead got home at 6).
My man use to work out of town 90% of the month. Yet he still had nights out at his brother’s, while I stayed home with kiddo.
They’re allowed free time…just like we are.
You wanted you time…so you’re mad he took time for himself…you realize how childish and selfish that sounds right?
I want it,but you can’t have it!
My man is never scared to tell me he’s going somewhere…cuz I don’t mother him and decide where he can or can’t go. Same as I am not scared to tell him either.
Sometimes he’s asked to reschedule cuz I had made other plans, and he does. Cuz he knows I wouldn’t be asking him to reschedule if it wasn’t important to me.
It’s give and take in a relationship.
Your man was scared to tell you he was stopping at a gym for 30min…cuz you’d tell him to come home like you’re his mother…that’s not good. Just saying.

6 Likes

Yes a call ahead of time would’ve been nice but it was only 30 minutes and if he knew you would say no then maybe you should ease up on your not some. Yes you need time but so does he and the gym is so much better than other things he could be doing.

4 Likes

Make sure u get ur time too… Dads think we dont need it… Get urs sis

2 Likes

I wouldn’t care if my hubby does he deserves a night out but I would want him to tell me I worry alot and just want to know hes safe if anything happens I would know the last place he was

3 Likes

You can feel any way you want. But I wouldn’t start a fight over it.

1 Like

Wow, I can’t believe all the people in defense of him. He’s a parent as well not a babysitter who has to come home to “watch” his child. He pulled the classic “it’s better to ask for forgiveness afterward than permission before because he knew the answer would be no,” which is very Juvenile. You guys need to have clear and direct conversations about expectations and communication in the future. Yes he should go, but communicate with you that he is going and the time you should expect him. This also affects trust, as many others have pointed out. You also deserve “me time” and don’t let anyone try to push your guilt buttons for thinking about it.

11 Likes

I see no wrong with him going to the gym yes he should have told you but I don’t blame him when he didn’t. Sorry maybe he needed time away from work and you

1 Like

You have control issues I think. If this continues he will start lying. OR become defiant if he does what you want to make you happy. Maybe get a fun part time job then you can get out too?

2 Likes

When you both made this beautiful child :heart: it was u both together u doing a great job he just didn’t know it was for 18years till the child finish education if you’re going to do something it’s together :blush: or compromise trust an respect go hand in hand now u have doubts because he put it there don’t be so hard on yourself :wink: you have a nice day

1 Like

Sounds like your jealous he’s having his me time and you get no time to yourself… which is fair enough to be annoyed.
Have a conversation about him going to the gym and whatever else he does, and let him know you also need some time to yourself and would like to go to the gym at these times, or a couple of hours on a Saturday arvo to run some errands. Fairs fair.
While you’re at it though, organise some time for quality family time together xx

You sound selfish and controlling

1 Like

Wow controlling jealous and possessive maybe someday you will grow up :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

You also need your me time but are you worried he was with a female co-worker. He should have given you a heads up

He def should have given a heads up. Thts REAL RESPECT. Your not controlling. Don’t let these people tell you your controlling for wanting communication from your husband!

6 Likes

Apreciate the fact he’s trying to be healthy and take care of himself. He should have told you. And you need “me time” as well.

1 Like

1 hour late? My ex chose days!!! Lol

1 Like

1hour? My ex chose days… relax talk with him

He probably went to unwind, we have 3 kids aged 6 ,4 and 2. I’m a stay at home mum and my partner is a labourer and after a long day he wants to de-stress he lifts weights he bought, so maybe find some space out the back or in the garage and set him up a little gym, you’ll also save money by not having to pay for a membership. Also when bub has his naps take some time for yourself, do your nails or hair or have a bath or even a cuppa with a book, do you can still have some me time. Seriously hon it could be worse. He could be smoking crack behind your back

I know your getting a lot of bullshit comments , but my man lets me know what he’s doing OUT OF RESPECT. As we have children and our children our both our responsibility and priority. I think sending a simple text “hey thinking of going to the gym, need anything before or on my way home “? Or did you make us plans before I head out for an hour type thing . It’s not asking permission its just communication. I don’t think I would be super angry I would just tell him next time to let you know , because it’s disrespectful not to. Especially if your waiting up for him and he just doesn’t show … how are you to know that something didn’t happen on his way home from work?

I’m sure if you just said “hey I’m gonna go to the mall by myself for an hour” he would not fret. This seems like a rant post before even mentioning this to him.

1 Like

An hour late … Are you serious? If he stayed back to do overtime you wouldn’t have a problem. If he stopped to get you flowers and chocolates you wouldn’t be complaining.

The first time he has come home an hour late as he went to the gym with a friend; you have control issues. Yeah I get you are a SHAM with one kids - omg life is so hard. I’m a single mum with 3 :joy: you need to grow the hell up.

6 Likes

Calmly ask him to tell you next time and maybe tomorrow he can come home on time so you can go to the gym or get out of the house :blue_heart:

My husband goes to the gym either before work or after work depending on how he is feeling, either way… whether its before or after I dont care. I dont feel the need for him to update me on every single thing he does in the day as long as he would be home before bed time… mainly because if it was me in the same position I would not want to be told I cant do something or have to keep checking in. We adults and everyone needs their own me time, even men who work… being a SAHM has great benefits for you and the child but ultimately you also need me time, perhaps “schedule” with your husband specific days that you get your me time, too

2 Likes

It is really hard when your home all day & no real face to face contact with the outside world.
We all need time for ourselves regardless if we work at home or outside of home.
Set up a schedule with your husband that allows each of you your own time & time together. Both of you stick to the plan & don’t call each other requesting you change plans .

3 Likes

He deserves him time aswell… If your going to complain cause he wanted to go to the gym then he should complain when u want to do something to unwind… Fair is fair my dear…

5 Likes

This is so common. A baby is 24 -7 and you are feeling abandoned… he is feeling the same. Neither is to blame but this is where a new road of communication needs to be addressed. Work out a way that gives each of you me time and also we time. Meanwhile the baby requires 24 7. Get a sitter, a relative etc and go do something together. I didn’t want my husband 24-7 but I needed some me time just to read a book, get some info, listen to adult sentences,. If you fall into complaints, he will get defences. Bring the baby to the gym if you have to.

4 Likes

You have every right to be a little upset. I believe it’s because you are feeling like it’s all you with your baby and you can’t just leave and go to the gym to have you time. It is HIGHLY important for you to have some you time even if it’s a couple hours just walking around a store or for a walk or just hang out with some friends. I understand he works outside the home and he wants to do something for him and you should support him and he needs to do the same. US mom’s need to get our sanity too and interaction with other adults or even be nice to work out at a gym. I hope this helps in some way. This is what I would have wanted someone to say to me after I had my first baby.

He needs time too but we do communicate where we are so not knowing would bother me

1 Like

The real issue isn’t going to the gym…it isn’t that he got home an hour late. There are two issues and both are related. First is that he did not give you a heads up, for nothing else it is respectful to let you know if only for peace of mind that he is not in a ditch on the side of the road and that he is safe. Second and very concerning is his response to why he didn’t give you a heads up…cause he knew you wouldn’t want him to. That is presumptuous, but you admit in your post that you agreed. The worrying factor is that he didn’t say anything because he knew you would say no and that speaks volumes about how he views the dynamic in your relationship.

5 Likes

It was once, so I wouldnt be too hard on him. Its healthy for you both to have “me” time and also for you to have “us” time without your child. If it becomes a pattern, then you have a problem.

He deserves time outside of work and home. You both do.

1 Like

He’s gonna leave you if you carry on like that.

3 Likes

Can’t stop him from doing what he likes. Leave him have his me time

I get it. I’m stuck at home 24-7 with 3 kids and a lot of the time feel dumped on. Like my husband can just go do anything and guess what? I’m here to take care of the kids, but I can never just go and do anything I want. I feel taken advantage of a lot.

3 Likes

Dont be to controlling?? Idk. It’s just what an hour? I mean yah, I would calmly ask him to tell you next time. Hes your husband. Let him do it. My husband asked me 3 nights ago if he could buy a game for his ps4. The new COD. Typically I don’t like him spending money. And were not poor. But he deserved it. Yah, my husband doesnt get alot of time with our son. Because he works and comes home, to lay around and be kinda you know lazy from working all day. He pays the bills, gets food on the table, I didnt get mad, i calmly said okay, thank you for asking. And let him do it. Maybe if you let him ask you, and you tell him yes, and ask him to be home in an hour or two. He would ask you more often if youd let him do stuff. Now I understand where your coming from. As you dont get alot of “you” time. But you know what?? That’s literally the life of a mom. It sucks, and it’s hard. But your gonna need to learn to get over it. My son loves the death outta me. And sometimes all he wants is me. 90% of the time. And I cant even take a bath, without my son wanting me and getting angry with my husband. But you know what? I just have to suck it up. And be a mom. And when my child naps that’s the only “me” time I get.

3 Likes

I can hear your resentment in you message. Let it go. This is stuff that doesnt matter in the grand scheme of life. He is working hard for your little family and you are responsible for your own happiness dear. I know you probably feel that it’s not fair but it is never 50/50 when you have a family. True love is putting the others happiness before your own. I know it’s hard but it pays off. He is coming home to you at the end of the day. That’s what matters.

2 Likes

Communication is key. I would have found this annoying, simply for the fact that he didnt communicate.