Should I get the covid vaccine while pregnant?

Just wondering if anybody got the covid shot while pregnant my doctor is recommending me to get mine, but I hear horror stories about after they got the second dose at 33 weeks, the baby passed; I’m currently 25 weeks today.

17 Likes

I had mine 3 weeks ago. I was 36 weeks and I’ve had no issue at all. I just had a really sore arm hahah. The way I looked at or, I got my whooping cough and flu jab without even thinking about it so I don’t see how this is much different.

But it’s totally personal preference. If you’re too worried about it, then wait until buba is here safe and sound :3 I talked to a lot of other mummas to be on different forums and stuff before I made my mind up. It’s a hard decision to make and I don’t think there’s a right or wrong thing to do. Just do what you think is best for you and baby!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I get the covid vaccine while pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

That has to be all your decision love! I personally wouldn’t and my OB advised against it, but because of my medical history.

2 Likes

Just wait. Get it after if you feel the need to. No need to risk it. You will never forgive yourself.

I wouldn’t, but that’s me. The horrors I’ve seen from complications. I’d wait. But momma this I think is a personal choice. You have to weigh the pros and cons. You do what you think is best. Research and talk to your dr about your concerns.

3 Likes

That’s on you. I’m not bc there are not enough studies yet on what is does to the fetus

8 Likes

Ive received both of mine and im 18 weeks now.
I am a front line worker and I feel very confident in them. Ive had absolutely no side effects from them and baby is doing great!
The big pro to getting it while pregnant is babe will be born vaccinated

11 Likes

thats your choice, no metter what you look up there will ALWAYS be horror story’s! you have to make that choice youself, a doctor cant tell you and neither can anyone else! Me personally, i wont get it and will never lets my kids get it! i still walk into stores with no mask and so do my kids. been over a year and no covid here :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

I received both of mine. I was fine after the first. I felt ill the day after the second for about 10 hours. Me and baby are both fine.

3 Likes

It definitely has to be a personal decision. Due to the lack of research on the effects I chose not to and in fact my OB never even asked what I was planning on doing. I think you have to go with whatever your gut is telling you to do and understand that there are pros and cons to either decision :weary:

3 Likes

Every answer to this will be different because everyone feels differently. I am 21 weeks with my 3rd right now and my OB has advised against it due to the miscarriage,premature birth, and still born birth in her clients who had recieved it while pregnant being much higher than they normally are and all but one who had a still born birth had recieced their vaccine and a large number of those who went into premature labor had gotten their second dose of the shot within 1-4 days of going into labor. No she can’t say 100% that it was all the vaccine but the numbers for all of this are significantly higher in her office than they usually are and a large majority had recently gotten their vaccine. I personally wish I could get the vaccine before my baby comes but I am following my OB advice and getting it when she is born since i won’t be breast feeding.

Again each person is effected differently and each provider feels differently as well. Do research and make the decision that feels best for you. No judgment or hate from me no matter the choice people make, we all do what we feel is best for our health and our family.

1 Like

I don’t know anyone whose received their vaccine shot while pregnant. Nor after maybe after breastfeeding was over with. I received mines & unfortunately my Menorrghia acted up that same week, 5 months straight hemerging since. Had surgery last week to remove a tumor found 2 months ago hoping that helps & eases the bleeding! Vaccine is different on everyone, I had breathing issues for 4-5 days, didn’t want the 2nd dose but had CDC nagging. 2nd dose felt achy, dizzy, nauseous, headache, fever, chills, for a week. Your choice.

Im waiting till after baby comes, personal prefrence

I was thinking about getting mine but there’s just not enough research yet. It’s totally up to you and your partner.

I wouldn’t want my unborn baby to be part of this experiment.

10 Likes

I just got my second shot at 31 weeks, no issues with the first round. I waited until the 3rd trimester, but also work in senior care and had a ton of pressure from my job and OB since I already had covid once while pregnant and am at risk with daily exposure. Hoping for a good outcome and that we stay healthy. Good luck in making your choice. It’s not an easy one, do what you feel is best for you and baby.

2 Likes

I’m 13 weeks with my 3rd and I’m waiting until after having the baby.
But that’s by my choice. My OB hasn’t even mentioned it so I’m assuming he’s not pushy about it either way.

I’m just leery about it due to so many unknowns. My son’s pulmonary doctor actually said his daughter is pregnant and he advised her not to get it until after she’s given birth. And he’s the head of the pulmonary clinic at the children’s hospital my son goes to so I definitely took his advice for his daughter into my decision. :woman_shrugging:

Amanda Bacon knows someone that just had a baby and got it and it ruined her supply.

1 Like

I had both shots of Moderna. I’m 28 weeks. I waited until my 2nd trimester and my Dr suggested I get it because covid can be dangerous for pregnant people. No serious side effects, mostly just really tired after each of my doses. Now my baby will have antibodies too.

6 Likes

I had Covid while pregnant. Absolutely get the vaccine.

7 Likes

That’s a very personal decision. Weigh your options with actual medical professionals. Personally i would have but that’s just me.

5 Likes

I’m 31 weeks tomorrow an my doctor insists for me to get the COVID shot as well but I’m not at all I heard stories too but I don’t think it’ll be good for my baby so I’m not doing it

My doctor told me to not even think about getting it. Since it was never tested on pregnant woman, they don’t know how it would affect them and the baby.

1 Like

I got Pfizer around 25 weeks first and second dose when fine never had any side effects or sickness from it and baby is totally fine I’m due Monday !

4 Likes

I am 25 weeks and will wait till after baby. Dr told me I should but not risking it

1 Like

My niece had it and had complications but I don’t know if it was due to the shot. My daughters DOCTOR said she’s not getting the shot. I wouldn’t but that’s just me

2 Likes

Nope, would never inject myself with a new vaccine while carrying my baby. Currently 35 weeks and never been asked if I wanted the vaccine. To each their own!

9 Likes

I got Pfizer for both and no issues other then arm being sore.

3 Likes

I got Pfizer at 30+ weeks, second dose is secluded after babies due date!

3 Likes

It’s an expirenmental drug without full FDA approval or full approval of any major country’s drug approval agency. It hasn’t been tested long enough to really know what the effects on various medical conditions or long term effects. We do know the virus is evolving so it may not even protect you. Pharmaceutical companies can’t be accountable for adverse side effects or death. Do you think that sounds like a good idea?

19 Likes

i would not, its not fda approved

6 Likes

I got both doses before I found out I was pregnant, but I do know two different people personally who got the vaccine while pregnant and have not had any complications at all. I think it’s your personal preference.

3 Likes

I have a friend that’s an ER nurse and while pregnant she got both vaccines and her son is perfect!!!

3 Likes

29 weeks and 3 doctors have advised against it

2 Likes

Just seen this in one of my due date groups

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten mine yet… my papa/dad doesn’t want me too until after I have my baby… I’m high risk when pregnant I lost 2 babies stillborn (29wks & 34wks) and a miscarriage… so he doesn’t want me to get it until then… I want to get it but I’m scared if u know what I mean…

100% no then find a new doctor

I plan on getting mine, but have been short on time being a stay at home Mom! I’ve had COVID
and so have my two little ones. I was terrified that my youngest wasn’t going to be okay. She was so sick and for so long. I receive all vaccines when pregnant and would like to try to pass on antibodies to our newest babe if I can.

3 Likes

Not I would NOT get it !! My dr asked me once …never again…I have COPD and asthma …and could have gotten it along time ago …NO THANKS!!

1 Like

Currently 27 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and I’m not risking it. After baby is born I will get vaccinated (my husband is vaccinated because he travels for work here and there). My doctor recommended it after my first trimester but hasn’t been pushy about it at all.

35 weeks. Haven’t gotten it. My ob hasn’t even asked if i plan too.

Here in Australia it is recommended for pregnant woman and women planning to get pregnant to not have the vaccine

1 Like

I’m 21 weeks I don’t plan on getting till after, my Dr hasn’t brought it up either

1 Like

I got mine at 22 weeks, am now 32 weeks and doing great!

4 Likes

Im about to be 31 weeks and I have had 3 doctors advised against it. So im waiting until after I have the baby.

1 Like

I got mine at 16 weeks. In my opinion the risk of getting Covid while pregnant is significantly worse than the possible side effects of the vaccine. I’ve had no complications whatsoever and I’m 26 weeks now.

4 Likes

My opinion, no. I feel there isn’t enough research on it with pregnancy. I study in the medical field and know of 2 mamas to be that lost their pregnancy after receiving both doses. Maybe consider waiting until after delivery, however research all that you can and do what you feel is best for you!

Mine recommended getting it too. I had covid while 3 months pregnant so decided to wait until I was 35 weeks (thinking I would get both doses in before baby was born).

I went into labor at 36 weeks (baby girl is fine) and just got my second shot.

I got the Pfizer vaccine and only had a slightly sore arm both times.

3 Likes

Won’t get it while I’m pregnant. There just isn’t enough research done on pregnant women & I’ve heard some horror stories. My ob has never suggested that I get it, either.

Im 22weeks pregnant & wont get it but my ob actually doesnt recommend getting it etheir.

1 Like

I got the vaccine in my second trimester, no adverse symptoms except a bit of fatigue and the sore arm. I just gave birth to a healthy baby boy at the beginning of June.

2 Likes

Heck no!! Not taking that risk. 18 weeks here.

4 Likes

Hell no and wouldn’t take it not pregnant either :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t if I was you.

1 Like

I got mine and baby came out perfectly healthy, I think I was like 23 weeks or something like that when I got it

5 Likes

Trust your doctor, not a bunch of paranoid Facebook moms

10 Likes

I was told not to get it so I haven’t had mine and am 35 weeks now and am thinking of getting it after the baby is born but what happened to my sister and what happened to some people am actually nervous in getting it so am thinking of not getting it at all

1 Like

Every persons’ bodies are different and react differently. If you are worried then wait or not get it at all. You can’t go by what everyone else has experienced. It is a decision you have to make on your own.

3 Likes

I personally wouldn’t have it while pregnant its a trial vaccine which means they don’t know all the side effects there for not worth the risks, however I did have covid while pregnant and me and my baby are safe and well, but only you can decide what decision is best for you

2 Likes

I was worried to have it while pregnant and I work in health care so we have to have it. I had my baby in March and waited a month till I recovered from the c section and I’ve had both doses now. I was really worried but first one I just had a sore arm for 5 days and second one nothing. It all depends on each individual

1 Like

I think trust your gut…whats ok for some not ok for others…
If it was me i wouldnt til baby arrives…

1 Like

This is something only you can decide. I personally did not and I’m nursing so will continue to wait.

I had my son dec 2020 didn’t get it still have not gotten COVID

42weeks pregnant hell no from me

There is no safety data available on the effects of the jab on pregnant women. It is unknown how you or your baby will cope. The decision to take that risk or not is entirely up to you. I wouldn’t risk possibly loosing my baby.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get it at all especially while pregnant

3 Likes

Don’t get it at all, especially pregnant

4 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I get the covid vaccine while pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

My children’s pediatrician was pregnant and received the Pfizer vaccine; she had a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.

1 Like

Hell no. Just stay safe and away from as many people as poss

Kids can’t even get them until 12/15 years old. Doctors won’t even give it to a newborn, I wouldn’t inject myself with a vaccine that a newborn wouldn’t get. People say their kids are fine doesn’t go for everyone. There’s not enough research on what it does to a fetus/baby. You don’t know how it truly affects them.

10 Likes

There’s not enough research honestly. I will speak on something I have personally observed, however.

My daughter (27 years old) died two years ago. At that time I joined several grief groups. There are heart wrenching stories. :broken_heart:

There has been such an increase in the number of miscarriages and stillborns with no explanations since the vaccinations began. Whether people are realizing/admitting the two might be linked… :woman_shrugging: many are, but it’s of very little comfort. :broken_heart:

I would not take the chance.

6 Likes

I got mine at 20 weeks pregnant and currently 32 weeks pregnant and doing very well. I wanted myself and baby to have protection.

5 Likes

If you don’t feel comfortable with it then don’t do it. You can always get the vaccinations after baby is born and pass the antibodies through your breast milk. Just continue to take your standard precautions and you should be fine. Ultimately the choice is yours and yours alone.

4 Likes

I’m also pregnant and so afraid to take it. I know it’s suppose to be ok but they don’t know the long term effects it may have on the baby. I’m so worried about it.

5 Likes

I’m not getting mine until after baby is born . I don’t believe they have been out long enough to know what effects or long term effects it could have on the baby . Just my opinion !

1 Like

I got mine at 20 weeks pregnant, just delivered a healthy baby a month ago.

10 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t . Not enough information on it yet .

9 Likes

When I was pregnant a few months ago my dr advised against it until I wasn’t pregnant anymore

Im pregnant and worried about it as well but I declined.

4 Likes

I got my first dose not knowing I was pregnant. I never went in to get my second dose. Not enough research for me. I’ve also had a lot of complications with this pregnancy. SubChronic hematoma and now they can’t see his left ventricular heart valve thing. It makes me wonder if it was cause of the vaccine or not

1 Like

I got both shots and I’m 32 weeks along…I got my last one like 2 months ago I believe…all is good with baby and I and first shot made
Me feel worst than second shot idk why but symptoms over within 24 hours…I’m hoping baby will be born with antibodies…I wouldn’t have gotten it except I’m extremely high risk pregnant and doc begged me to get it since it’s way to risky for me to get covid while pregnant … good luck momma you got this whatever you decide will be best for you guys

1 Like

I wouldn’t. There’s just not enough testing for what the outcomes are going to be for you and your baby. It’s not worth it in my opinion.

19 Likes

Personal choice. Avoid asking social media sites for advice on this. Do your own research and discuss with your family and doctor.

4 Likes

My Dr advised against it for various reasons but also I have had bad reactions to the flu vaccine in the past, every single time. I also want to avoid anymore feeling like crap than I already have going on :rofl: everyone I know has been fine if they’re older but my age and younger have gotten super sick for a few days and just no thanks. Not enough research on pregnancy with it either, I’ll wait. You should consult with your Dr, maybe even a couple and decide what’s best for you though.

Having any doubts would be a no for me

6985 death toll from jab in :us:.

1 Like

I know of 3 women who were advised by their OBs to get the covid shot. With in 12 hours 2 of them lost their babies and the third 3 days later. If it was me , no I would not get it. In fact I haven’t gotten it and refuse to.

3 Likes

Personally, I would not take the vaccine, it is still in clinical trials, they have no idea what the long term affects are no matter what they say :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t, take all the precautions you need but if I’m not mistaken it hasn’t been cleared by the cdc for pregnant woman.

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/should-i-get-the-covid-vaccine-while-pregnant/11123

I defo won’t be getting it until I feel ready after giving birth xxx

I’ve decided against it while pregnant bit will have it after I’ve gave birth as there’s not really been much research xx

I’m 32 weeks pregnant and not had mine
My midwife said that some people are some people ain’t but that there isn’t a lot of evidence to say if it’s really safe of not

I am 23 weeks and not getting it until baby is born it’s my choice drs and midwife told me it was my choice didn’t try and sway me any way xx you do what feels best for you and baby xx

I’ve personally had my second dose at 16 weeks following advice from my midwife and my baby is completely healthy and everything remains normal at this time and I am now 22 weeks. It’s a personal choice at the end of the day and all I would advise you to do is what I did and do your research, ask your GP, speak to your midwife and then make your own informed decision based on what you’re told as that’s what I did. My midwife said she would sooner me have the vaccine than contract COVID and I agreed but also you may be perfectly health yourself and god forbid that happened, you may be fine in fighting it off yourself.
Make your own decision and don’t let others opinions affect your decision making as I know it’s controversial at this stage and not everyone I told agreed with me doing it x

2 Likes

I’m not pregnant…but if it was me I would be waiting until I had the baby.
There will still be vaccines and your not putting your child at risk at all, whether the risk is real or the stress has caused all the issues for the mum’s you’ve researched from.

Some people might think that makes you an “anti-vaxxer” but I don’t think so. Covid is too new for people to know EVERYTHING. Taking whatever precautions you want, is what is best for you and your baby.

Don’t let anyone, even a doctor, bully you into something you don’t want.

When I was pregnant the head midwife wanted to shoot me up with morphine. Needle at the ready. My mother had to body block her and get another head from another department to get her ass out of my room and get a new and nicer midwife.

Sometimes the professionals who are meant to be there for you, have their own agenda’s.

Goodluck xx

6 Likes

My midwife and gp have said they can’t give me medical/professional advice just a personal opinion so therefore I will wait but I feel fortunate as I’m 36weeks pregnant and hope to remain safe and have it as soon as baby is here

Im 25 weeks pregnant and I’m not going to have it till baby is born. Xxx