Should I get the Covid vaccine while pregnant?

I got it and I was fine. Only had a sore arm.

I know it’s different but I’m exclusively breastfeeding had the Oxford one with no problems to baby he had no side effects.

Best advice? Talk to medical professionals, not a bunch of know-it-alls on social media :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Please please don’t listen to anyone but yourself only you can make this decision as you and your baby have to live with it.

2 Likes

I think it’s your choice don’t let others force you into a decision you don’t feel comfortable with. I would find all research I could. Before I made a choice.

3 Likes

Get a second opinion from a doctor not a Facebook group :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

If your Dr suggests getting it, get it!

6 Likes

Ask the mom’s who miscarriaged… they’ll be able to tell you

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I get the Covid vaccine while pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

It’s up to you. Don’t be forced into it. If was me I definitely wouldn’t be getting it.

12 Likes

Yes. My niece is a covid nurse and had hers in early pregnancy and had no worries in doing so, as she knows the real facts. Baby super healthy. :smiley::tada:

13 Likes

Google vaccine and pregnancy.
I’ve heard d bad stories, and I’ve heard no prob stories. Research it for yourself and do what you feel is best.

8 Likes

I would never … we don’t even know if it’s safe for babies yet

2 Likes

Go for It if you want a mongholed baby :joy::joy:

I know two women that lost their baby immediately after getting the vaccine. I wouldn’t risk it on a vaccine with no knowledge of long term side effects and no FDA approval.

4 Likes

Anyone that has a covid vaccination is part of a study, including unborn babies. The future side effects on unborn babies from the vaccination is unknown.

10 Likes

Katie Parker go on girl :muscle::smirk:

1 Like

They haven’t studied it enough on pregnant women but I will say my friend is pregnant and received the vaccine with no issues so far. My doctor pushed for the flu shot my whole pregnancy and always said “it would be a shame to have the flu and covid” :roll_eyes: it always felt like fear mongering to me. I personally didn’t get it but it’s different for everyone.

8 Likes

No because the research on pregnant women taking the vaccine isn’t complete…they are only pushing the issue because if you do get Covid while pregnant it we be a hard situation for you being as tho pregnancy is already a head situation to deal with on its own

5 Likes

It’s still in testing stages till 2023 on regular people now normally things that have been tested on people still aren’t aloud to be given to pregnant woman. MNRA is a new technology just out this year as well look up MNRA 2017. There prob is woman that so far have no complications but there’s also woman who miscarried with in a few days that’s a gamble I wouldn’t be willing to take xx

1 Like

Absolutely not! It’s untested.

3 Likes

Absolutely not. Babies have died. Miscarriages and stillbirths. Do your research

4 Likes

New Zealand one of the leading countries to combat the virus recommends getting the Pfizer vaccine only. Using global pandemic statistics from women who got the vaccine there have been no safety concerns. But research it yourself. Google Scholar is your friend.

1 Like

They can’t make you do it , it’s all up to you if you want to receive the vaccine or not I personally would not do it while pregnant and I’m so sick of doctors trying to push this on people

7 Likes

Research it.

Do not feel forced to do something you do not want to.

Ask your doctor for the documented research data of outcomes for pregnancy and this jab, and what are possible risks. (There won’t be much documented at all as its all too new so no doctors can swear to its safety)

For me it’s a definite NO!

16 Likes

DO NOT get it. Consider the fact that there are NO studies done on pregnant women who have taken the vaccine, therefore no reason for your GP to claim it’s safe…

19 Likes

we got the Moderna one …I had no side effects period…my son did…He is a paramedic…he got it on the second shot…so I called him and said what is the deal…I did not have any problem at all…He said…“Mom you are just weird…”… If your OBGYN is suggesting it…ask for their reasons…and then go for it…but I am glad we got the Moderna one instead of the Johnson and Johnson one shot one…’

I haven’t, I spoke to midwife and she said it doesn’t even give any protection for the baby as it doesn’t go to the baby

TALK TO YOUR DR
Everyone’s body is different. You should discuss the research for prevention while pregnant and possible side effects if you choose the shot instead. :heart:
But, TALK TO YOUR DR.

No vaccine is safe while pregnant

8 Likes

Covid 19 Vaccine-Evidence Based Group: Pregnancy, Lactation, TTC & Children I recommend you take a look at this group

1 Like

I know 3 women who miscarried with in 3-4 days of getting the shot. And 1 who got it after birth whose baby ended up dying from side effects from the shot because she breastfeed after getting it.

6 Likes

I did not get the vaccine. It had just came out. I ended up getting covid when I was 5 months pregnant. Thankfully was able to recover at home.

2 Likes

No. I refuse to get it. Don’t let Dr’s. Bully you. If you don’t want it you don’t have to get it

6 Likes

To me there are not enough studies on pregnant women getting the vaccine. I had COVID just before I got pregnant so I’m hoping my child will get some antibodies if not I might get it in my last trimester but I’m still not sure. If your OB is being pushy about it you need to tell her to stop hassling you or find a new one. I wouldn’t get a flu shot while pregnant either.

3 Likes

My doctor highly recommended it between 2nd and 3rd trimester. I just got the first Pfizer vaccine at 16 weeks 6 days pregnant. I feel fine, just a sore arm. I’d rather feel side effects/symptoms of the shot then possibly ending up a pregnant Covid patient in the hospital. It took a while for me to get there but I’m happy with my decision!

4 Likes

My professor got the vaccine when pregnant, as did my neighbor. Is suggest taking it, only bc I had covid and I was terribly ill, I cannot imagine adding pregnancy to that

3 Likes

No you increase your chance of miscarriage or early labor

8 Likes

No. Absolutely not. There are not enough safety studies on impact on fertility and pregnancy at this point I would not receive it.
If a doctor is pushing any procedure lacking safety studies, i would say no.

15 Likes

Why ask for medical advice on Facebook ? Ask your doctor or midwife.

5 Likes

These people do not have PHDs, if your doctor wants you to get it, research it a little, ask the doctor questions and decide.

7 Likes

VAERS website. Look up the real time side effects.

5 Likes

I got it and we are both fine. My own doc told me not to get it the AstraZeneca one, but when the Pfizer was available she got it 1st and then suggested I should get it. We are both pregnant, she’s 4wks ahead of me. Arm hurt like a son of a bi$%h the next day and was exhausted for a day and half

2 Likes

If you want to be a human lab rat then go right ahead. There are zero safety studies because they are testing it in real time for the next 2 years.

11 Likes

All doctors are like salesmen they get a commission when they convince a patient to get the vaccine.

7 Likes

Only if you want your baby to be a guinea pig in an experiment. :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

There hasn’t been enough testing to take that chance. I sure wouldn’t. I know the ob practice that my friend works at said there are being pushed to get pregnant women to take the vaccine and be a part of clinical trials

2 Likes

There’s not enough studies and my doctor told me that all the women that she has delivered the placenta looks extremely unhealthy. Those that have gotten the vaccine. I decided not to get it. Either way you do what you have to do or what you feel is right.

1 Like

As of Dec 2020 there have been more studies and research on pregnant woman getting the vaccine. Ask your dr questions you have and do your research. Always go by dr recommendations they have PHD for a reason. My dr mentioned it this way it’s safer to get the vaccine and out of the ICU where we can control it where was some John Doe in a car crash who may need it in an emergency and won’t be able to get the care they desperately need to save his life if so many people (even pregnant women) are taking the beds in the ICU because they chose to risk getting covid than help prevent it. The vaccine has nothing to do with losing a baby. People who say that aren’t giving the 100% of why it happened. They just want to blame something other than the underlying health issues that could be there.

3 Likes

I can’t believe that amount of people that will put this into their body while carrying a child when it barely even been out a full year. They have no idea what long term affects it could have on your child. Yes there has been miscarriages and still borns that happen within days of getting the vaccine. That’s not even my concern. What if you getting the vaccine took your child’s ability to have kids themselves? Or how do they know this vaccine won’t increase disabilities mental or physical, they don’t. They just don’t have any idea what long term affects may happen. It’s a doctors job to push vaccines I don’t care if you say otherwise. :woman_shrugging: but yall using your unborn baby as a rat lab is disgusting in my opinion. And no I’m not anti vaccine both my children are fully vaccinated. I’m so sad for these unborn babies that have no choice in this matter :pensive:

11 Likes

I got the covid vaccine while 4 weeks pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy and baby boy due in January :blush:
I would listen to your doctor if you’re comfortable. Better to be safe.

3 Likes

There haven’t been enough studies on the effects to your baby. You may be OK from the shot but there’s no info on side effects, birth defects to your baby. I would steer clear of the shot.

1 Like

mmmm it’s a no for me. i won’t get it, period

3 Likes

I was just watching something that said it’s caused more still born babies then ever before. So sad. I am not getting it but I would never get it pregnant and subject my innocent baby to unknown and unstudied possibilities

1 Like

My sister received the vaccination while pregnant and had no side effects. Had a healthy baby girl two months ago.

3 Likes

I got it at 12 weeks. I am now at 22 weeks and we are both fine and healthy :heart:

2 Likes

No. Why is this even a question?

3 Likes

I personally wouldn’t risk it and if your doctor keeps pushing it I’d find a new doctor.

3 Likes

Nope because it’s going to be years before all side effects will show up

3 Likes

I found this article for you to read. I personally wish I could’ve gotten the vaccine while pregnant but they were still unavailable when I was.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/healthblog.uofmhealth.org/womens-health/covid-19-vaccine-during-pregnancy-protects-newborns%3Famp

2 Likes

Almost 19 weeks and no, I haven’t and will not be receiving the vaccine. Just my personal preference.

5 Likes

I won’t get it. I’m due in September, and my main Dr I see never asks me about it, 1 Dr in particular keeps pushing it even after I stated my concerns with it… too many unknown with it and the virus, and the fact that manufacturers are not held liable for any consequences from the vaccine, makes me not want to get it. If you choose to get it, make sure it’s your decision and not someone pressuring you to get it.

1 Like

My kids’ doctor says not to get vaccine when pregnant. I asked my doctor about it because I am breastfeeding and she said when he is 6 months I should be safe to get it but if pregnant or before 6 months she don’t recommend since there hasn’t been enough studies on it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Its not fda approved so i would not

3 Likes

My sister got it when she was around 6wks and she and her daughter are fine

1 Like

This is possibly the worst place to get medical advice! :persevere: That being said, your doctor was in school for a decade learning how to keep you and baby healthy. Their whole goal is both of your health. I would trust their opinion of 1,000 FB moms of dubious education.

7 Likes

I personally am not going to get the vaccine at all. There isn’t enough research out there on pregnancy women with the vaccine. And I heard it could cause infertility in women as well. Domt know if that’s true or not but ita not worth the risk. You could get and nothing happens. But u could also go the other way and everything could go wrong. And I am 26 weeks pregnant. And my doctor never once brought the covid vaccine to me. There’s just not enough studies out there. I wouldn’t get it. But thats my personal opinion.

4 Likes

So if you trust your obgyn, why are you questioning their recommendations? I would trust them over anyone on Facebook.

1 Like

Find a new doctor. They are literally pushing it, so you can be the “labrat” because theres not tons of data in the covid vaccine+ pregnant women /fetus’ and then the effects after birth on the baby.

7 Likes

The side effects of the vaccine are nothing compared to the actual virus. There is a lot of misinformation and myths out here. Do your own research. Don’t listen to random people online, pundits, or politicians.

6 Likes

Facebook is not the best place for this kind of advice, I suggest doing your own research with trusted/reputable sources. Not reddit, tumblr, youtube or facebook.

2 Likes

Not FDA approved so i wouldn’t. But do some research it’s important.

1 Like

My ob tried pushing a vaccine on me I never got it wasn’t the covid one… it’s your body please don’t think you have to get it bcz ur ob wants you to

I got my vaccine during my first trimester. I am now 32 weeks and completely healthy and so is my daughter. I also continued to breastfeed my toddler so that he would possibly get antibodies from me as well. No one in my house has tested positive for COVID.

3 Likes

Don’t do it. Your body, your baby your decision

Completely up to you, nobody’s choice but yours

1 Like
1 Like

Definitely do more research I didn’t get it Bc at the time it came out I was in tryin to conceive process and there was no proof as to whether or not it caused infertility or not so I didn’t take that chance. My ob also said that it was perfectly healthy for me to get the vaccine but I hav chosen not to. I work in healthcare and hav seen what COVID can do but I also know that even having both shots you can still get covid. My Bf had covid and I still never got it. I’m 26 weeks pregnant and have been exposed more then a handful of times and am still ok. But don’t let someone pressure u into doing it if it’s not something U want to do!

No wait till your done.

Your choice but I would wait till after first trimester myself. Breast feeding would also help transfer antibodies to baby. This is what I would do but do your research and make your own decisions. I took the vaccine with no problems, everyone is different.

1 Like

My ob told me not to it wasn’t worth the risk sense it hasn’t been tested on pregnant women

3 Likes

Your doctor should really be the one you are talking to, maybe they know something about you that we don’t and that’s why they recommended it. What would be worse having covid while pregnant or getting the vaccine?

Don’t do it please don’t.

3 Likes

Yes, I got both Moderna during 1st trimester. Take Tylenol for 2 days so you won’t have a fever with baby. I drank lots of fluids and rested because I did feel sore and sick but 3rd day I was fine, OB said it was normal. I don’t want to be separated from my child if I caught Covid! I gave birth last year at it’s worst and I am extremely lucky. This baby will be born protected too!

2 Likes

Vaccinate yourself. Protect your baby.

1 Like

A large percentage of women are having miscarriages after vaccine do your research!

4 Likes

I’d wait, safer then sorry

3 Likes

https://vaers.hhs.gov

I got it while pregnant but was not pushed by my OB. She highly suggested it to protect myself and my baby, gave me the rundown of side effects and what not like the flu shot and TDAP, then moved on. I didn’t have a fever, I just had body aches and exhaustion for a day. Took pain relievers and went to bed early. Got it at 6w, now 14w and baby is measuring ahead! Absolutely happy I am protecting my child the best I can. I’ll also be getting the flu and TDAP again for this pregnancy like I did my first.

2 Likes

That’s DISGUSTING that your OB is pressuring you to get a vaccine that has been barely tested EXSPECIALLY on pregnant women. I say if they don’t drop it get a new O.B.

9 Likes

The govt will say and do anything to get you to take their poison, they ONLY want to gain control of the people. They don’t want to help us. If they wanted to genuinely help us we would have a WHOLE lot better medical care and insurance as well as maternity care like REAL maternity leave for EVERYONE.

5 Likes

You should follow your Doctor’s advice. I am high risk and had no side effects at all from the vaccine. Even if you run a mild fever for a day or two it would be way better on the baby than catching CIVID-19. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Obviously this is a personal choice and important to talk to your doctor and not everyone’s opinion on FB. If it were me, I would because the effects of getting covid during pregnancy far out weigh the side effects of a vaccine.

1 Like

Do what YOU feel is best. Don’t let anyone pressure you to either get it or not get it. It’s your body and your choice.

2 Likes

Mine keeps pushing it also. I won’t get the shot. Im going on 16 weeks. I’m high risk (4th baby). You do what is best for yourself and baby. Don’t let anyone pressure you into getting it or not. Do your research for both sides.

2 Likes

I got vaccinated had no problems

I just delivered my son. I did not get the vaccination while pregnant even though I work as a medic within EMS and was regularly with Covid patients. That was my decision based on the fact that there isn’t enough data and research on the effects not only for mom but especially for baby. I didn’t feel comfortable. I followed my intuition. So that’s my advice to you…follow your intuition regardless of what other people say or think. It’s your body and your baby and it is only your decision. If your intuition tells you to vaccinate then vaccinate. If your intuition tells you not to vaccinate then don’t vaccinate. It’s not anyone else’s business but your own. It’s your medical decision for yourself and for your baby and no one else’s.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t! I know a couple that miscarriages & a still born I wouldn’t risk it

4 Likes

Nope. There’s no testing for the long term side effects it can have on you or your baby. No way I’d get it while pregnant

4 Likes

Your body! Your choice!

2 Likes