Should I go after child support?

Move out move on and go for that child support!

1 Like

So you were married and you didnā€™t know your husband was paying child support for his other child?? Yes you will still get support even if he has another child heā€™s paying support for. He wonā€™t get custody just because he can support her better or has a better paying job. Takes more then that to get custody. He can threaten all he wants. Just because you fike for child support, doesnā€™t mean the courts will give him custody thinking you canā€™t support your child. Because thatā€™s his child too and he needs to help support her too. And any money given too you nit thru the courts they wonā€™t care about, theyā€™ll look at as a gift.

Go after full custody and child support. Full custody being #1 priority

1 Like

Definitely go after him! Why is this even a question? Donā€™t let him bully you out of what your daughter is entitled to!

1 Like

Absolutely pursue child support. If he has a record of violence and CPS is involved he wonā€™t get custody. Record phone calls and communications

1 Like

See a lawyer, protect you and your daughter and go for child support

He doesnā€™t make the rules, and heā€™d have to PROVE you unfit for them to remove her from you. Make sure you have any &everything documented regarding him that you can. Any threats heā€™s made, especially if in text get it printed, go file for sole custody & child support. If heā€™s that unstable you can request that any visitation be supervised as well. If he has a history of violence, will add to him not getting custody.

1 Like

Damn after his ex gets done , itā€™s a wonder he has any money whatsoever. This needs to be took to court if you expect more

As long as you can prove you are the best fit parent, then go for child support. Prove that he is bately there and getting money is always a challenge

1 Like

File for emergency custody first. Then balls to the wall .

File for child support and emergency custody so he canā€™t just keep the baby to retaliate against you

1 Like

He kicked you out or you chose to leave? Your story says both.

He sounds upset he got caught so hes taking it out on you and your daughter because he sounds like an immature piece of shit. I definitely wouldnā€™t try to work out anything with him I do however think therapy would help him. And I think you need to get formal custody and child support!

Go after it!! And while your at it, get a restraining order!!

2 Likes

He would never get custodyā€¦get child supportā€¦you will need it to support your childā€¦his duty to pay for children he makes

Go for child support

1 Like

Yes she go after child support if you donā€™t youā€™ll regret it

Take him thru courts your child deserves child support

1 Like

I would go for it. He hasnt helped really financially and he already has a case with cps so there no way he can take ur child from u. U may not get as much as the first child but it more than u getting currently

99.99% if u already have the child when u file custody they will grant u custody unless he can prove as to why he would be a better parent to have her and definitely go get support to protect urself if he miss payment u can go to court and take more action when he doesnā€™t pay

If you go after court ordered support he will be granted visitation. So you probably want to speak to an attorney and find out your legal options. Then make a decision.

Yes get child support and yes talk to friend of the court. When they consider custody they will include the fact of his past with cps. It is unlikely they will give him custody. Start out with supervised visits if he even wants to see his daughter.

Why would you not go after child support ?
Do you have a good paying job and dont need the help?
If your getting public assistance.
Then yes u should go afyer child support ā€¦
Why would tax payers want to pay ?
Yes i worked and supported my children ā€¦
Along with their fatherā€¦

Wow i guess i would just take care of her myself, he cant have anything to give.

Go through the child support resources in your town. They know how to handle jerks like him. Theyā€™ll also get you what is fair, not just what he feels like paying. And get off the lease ASAP. If he damages that property in any way, youā€™ll have to pay for it. Good luck!

5 Likes

Yes go for support. But get away from him for good! I donā€™t care how many kids he has to support. Thatā€™s his darn problem. Get what you can. No judge is going to take your child away from you!

8 Likes

Total different opinion than others. No, if heā€™s violent. Take you daughter and stay away from himā€¦ If he is ordered for CS he will get visitation and it obviously not safe. I made this mistake. Fast forward some years and my son was assaulted by his father. He was arrested- but my son has never been the same. If I could go back and do it another way I would. Money wasnā€™t worth my sonā€™s peace. Even on CS he can avoid paying itā€¦

5 Likes

Take his ass to court and get his pay garnished for child support so you know you definitely get it unless he chooses to work off the books and hide

Donā€™t worry. He wonā€™t get custody. Immature men always try to manipulate the situation and you. You file and do your thing you need to do to heal from this.

4 Likes

Make him pay thru the state programā€¦they keep track if he gets behind on your payment ā€¦ if violent get away from him ā€¦even if you have to get court order

1. Get off the lease. It will come back to bite you. Every state has protections to allow a victim of domestic violence to be released from lease with no penalties.

2. Child support is not for you, it is for the child. Yes, go after child support. Even if he does not pay now, his wages can be garnished in the future no matter how old the child gets. If child becomes an adult and it was never paid and father comes into a windfall, there is a record of how much it was and state will collect it. You are doing this for your child.

4 Likes

Girl, nice dont pay the bills. Get the $$$ for ur daughter. I wouldnt hesisate one minute. You might not get much since heā€™s paying that much for another child but if he goes out and knock somebody else up and then they get child support your child is going to be third in the row. Get that $$$$. Ur daughter deserves being taken care of.

9 Likes

All he is trying to do is scare you so you will do what he wants. He sounds like a narcissist and only cares about himself. I would definitely get a lawyer.

The judge would never take her from you for one. Trust me Iā€™ve been through it all. They use that as intimidation so you wonā€™t pursue your case. Do it!

2 Likes

This is money for your CHILDREN. they deserve it. Take him to court!

2 Likes

Always go for child support. Your daughter deserves her money and the other child is not better than yours!

4 Likes

You will get some sort of mandatory child support. Which will be better then him just paying whenever he likes. It sounds like you made a wise choice in leaving him.

5 Likes

Yes just remember itā€™s to help support your child and is has nothing to do with you and him going to counseling are working on your relationship setting people on fire thatā€™s between you and him the baby will have to be supported no matter what

1 Like

Do what is in the best interest of your daughter. Thatā€™s all you can do. I personally would say fuck it and do it on my own. You canā€™t force someone to be a loving father.

2 Likes

YES. Get him on child support asap and id go file for emergency temporary custody asap

2 Likes

Do what is best for your daughter. Your ex can go to hell. Safety is more important.

2 Likes

Yes child for support. Be advised you will probably not get near what he pays for his first child and that will be considered in yours.

Send it to court and let the judge figure it all out

Yes you should and get a lawyer! Now! Quit being nice and putting up with his toxic, manipulative, abusive garbage.

If you happen to be in Florida, donā€™t do it because they give 50/50 custody and youā€™ll have to keep going back to court to get it changed. More of a hassle really

You can get an emergency order of custody and child support very easy. Then all you have to do is keep track of how he acts through mediation and get it figured out. But yes always go by the child support standard. It is there for a reason.

7 Likes

Unless u can be proven as unfit like abuse or neglect the court always sides with them mom he is just threaten u the court will take in to consideration of wat he is paying in first case and lower that to accommodate ur rightful child support and in most cases everything he has given u with out agreement by law and is considered monetary gifts so that means back child support they will take his tax refund if any and u still claim ur child on taxes

Go talk to child support enforcement agency they can help you

1 Like

Itā€™s based on his income get the support.

1 Like

Yes you should and they will either split that between the two or set her own but either way id do it just so he couldnt take her they wont give her to him because of his record of violence

1. He cant tell you who you are allowed to talk to. 2. No judge is going to take your kid and give him sole custody unless you have serious issues on your end.

Lol yeah. Child support. Depending on what state. I know NY is 17% of net. So depending on how many mothers first would get 17% of net. Second would get 17% of whatā€™s left after first childs is take. The more kids. Higher percentage. Only recommend taking for child support if father is uninvolved and refuses to help. Not because you didnt get your way. Shit ruins lives. Dont be spiteful. If hes truly not there and acting this way then yes take him

2 Likes

Yes and a protective order

Go after both child and spousal support.

Go for the child support.

1 Like

ABSOLUTELY!! Its his responsibility!!

Definitley. They are his children to.

Donā€™t ā€¦Let that wiedo bully you , Make him Pay , its his daughter tooā€¦:persevere:

Go for itā€¦nothing to lose!

Get a lawyer and and go to court ASAP

How do you post a fan question

dump the bum and go on with your life and make a good life for your child. He will never change so donā€™t waste your life on a low life

Yes go for child support and if he is aggressive make sure he has to have monitored visitations.

Go 4 child and alimony

Do NOT let him intimidate you.

You will! Go for it!!

Go through the system make him pay.

If heā€™s so unstable how would he ever get your daughter? Tell him to pay you 75 every Sunday or you will call child support, CPS, and his exā€¦I hate men that threaten their baby mommaā€¦ girl if torr baby had never been away from you keep it up, do you need his money? Because if not id forget he even exists

Keep him away from your kids, with him having domestic violence history I would rather work hard for my kids than risk them around that type of behavior. I wouldnā€™t get a single penny, disappear from his life and raise my kids alone. But thats just my personal opinion on what i would do though :woman_shrugging:t2: lol

I never thought I would write this ā€“ but since I gave up child support, my world has been so much more peaceful. Now, that isnā€™t to say you shouldnā€™t ā€“ but more to acknowledge what that brings. Having child support required just made my life miserable.

I fully believe he should have to support his child ā€“ emotionally, financially, be present for his daughter. I fought for two years to make my ex show up, to pay his support on time, to just be a decent dad. Each time we went to court, child support was the first thing he wanted negotiated ā€“ I finally said fine. You donā€™t have to pay. Honestly, now, I donā€™t have to hear ā€œI pay for you to have funā€ or ā€œyouā€™ll get paid when I say you get paidā€ or even ā€œthis is all Iā€™m required to pay you to see my childā€. I got tired of hearing all the lines-- and I know others who did too. Oh sure, I hear about how moving to get a job where I didnā€™t need his support messed with him seeing the kids, and itā€™s all my fault ā€“ but itā€™s not a weekly fight anymore.

I guess what Iā€™m saying is ā€“ a) he canā€™t take your child because you filed for support. b) if you do go for support, run it through the state. Make him pay them. If he doesnā€™t, theyā€™ll take care of it. Itā€™s not up to you to manage.

Iā€™m removing myself from this site as Iā€™m tired of stupid girls making babies with men who are proven to not be responsible fathers.

Donā€™t let him manipulate you. You decide if you need/want his help. Get an an attorney and see what they have to say. Then make an informed decision what is best for you and your child.

Sounds like you need a bad ass attorney that will go after him. I would t let him threaten me that way. He needs to be responsible and do whatā€™s right. Good luck.

Not only should you get child support Iā€™m pretty sure under the circumstances you can get alamoney as well. (Hope I spelled the right, spell checker is being dumb) may as hit him where ot hurts since he donā€™t respect you enough to stay faithful

get you a lawyer or go to the Attorney generals office in your stateļæ¼

Get a residency order for your daughter so he cant take her then go for child support

Hes bullying youā€¦and will loseā€¦judge will side with mother he would need to prove you unfit to get her.you can get more child support too do not let him manipulate you lies all lies hes a loser!..get an atty see him.in courtā€¦asap

Get what you are entitled to. Get off the lease and stay away from this loser

Yes! Go to court and have it taken directly from his employment. If he doesnā€™t pay he loses his license. Sounds like a mega douche bag.

What a sad little man manipulating you this bad. He would know his not entitled to have his daughter full time unless he starts attending anger management classes an can prove he has a stable enviroment if these issues are already listed as you sayā€¦ trust your instincts and just do you and your girl. Sounds like you need to take a step back from said ex. An yes, your completely entitled to the full amount of child support you should be recieving! Personally i set mine up as private collection but i know i can fully support my children on my own if need be.

File for CS AND custody.
And make sure you keep any and all evidence of his wrongdoings and threats.
And dont allow him to take her until you have an order in place. Youll get cs. And if he has domestics he wont be able to take her.
Do it!

One child will get 18.5% of his total income. It doesnā€™t matter what other obligations he has. Do it for your child.ļæ¼ļæ¼

1 Like

He wonā€™t get ur daughter if YOU are the parent to file for child custody first. So file for full custody then when thatā€™s established go ahead with child support :ok_hand: He sounds exactly like my kids dad and how he is. He warned me before that if I took him for child support he would take my kids from me :joy::joy: id love to see him tryā€¦ he also is abusive and on record for domestic abuse from beating me up. Therefore they would look at that and def not give him custody. And DONā€™T try and work things outā€¦ it gets worse MUCH MUCH WORSE. Iā€™ve been thru it and my kids seen things that they never should have bcuz of it

Wow he had another child you knew nothing about? Leave him, move on, go through child support and courts only. He wont keep it up, you will never have to hear from him again

Yes, file for child support but also for custody. Do not allow him to take your daughter alone without a custody order in place.

10 Likes

He shows no follow through. Your child deserves consistent support. Go for child support. When you do they will more then likely alter his other childā€™s child support amount to reflect his new financial responsibility to your child. Their amount will more then likely but lowered as the courts implement your child support amount. Both amounts will be a percentage of his wages. Donā€™t fall under his foot.

2 Likes

Girl, go for child support! I tried for 7 months to be civil with my childā€™s father and work things out between just us and it went NOWHERE! Now he has to legal rights to decision making AND he has to pay child support. That little one is his responsibility too and he should be helping in some way.

3 Likes

Take him to child support, sounds like heā€™s a very manipulative person. Gather all evidence, police records, text messagesā€¦ and prepare for a court date. Wish it was easier for you and he wasnā€™t that petty. He will probably have to split the existing child support payment with all kids plus a little more. Donā€™t make any deals with him. Just go to court.

2 Likes

Donā€™t just go for child support. Go file for a custody agreement and child support.

What are your other options ? Do you have family to stay with ? Do you have child care and healthcare in place ?

Iā€™m guessing not.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Donā€™t delay your decision. You know what the right thing is to do. Just do it. His threats are red flag you have to take notice of. Donā€™t ignore it.

Uh yes youā€™ll get something. Go after the child support. Children need to be taken care of first, you canā€™t rely on his word and thatā€™s not fair for your daughter not to be able to get what she may need.

2 Likes

First of allā€¦ Why are you trying to work it out? Are you crazy? If he hit you before heā€™ll do it again. Each time will be more aggressive than the last. Trust me.
Also file for emergency custody until itā€™s been worked out. Then he canā€™t just come and rake her and not give her back. It would be considered kidnapping. Right now with no agreement he can come and take her and not give her back.

1 Like

Iā€™m not 100%, but they may decrease the child support on the other kid to make sure both receive support.

1 Like

I agree, go for CS and custodyā€¦the only problem I see is you rent a room. He might have some leeway if he has a home and a room for the child. Just something to think aboutā€¦

Find a domestic violence advocate. Whats hes doing is abuse and he cant take your daughter just because you went after him for support. Make sure you have doctors visits and any other activities you do with and for your cgild documented so when you go to court you can show the judge she has been with you the entire time. Also you will probably get more in child support cause you have the younger child. Please call a domestic violence hotline in your area and get an advocate to help you. Also a family law advocate to get a parenting plan right away

3 Likes

Yes, donā€™t be intimidated by his threats

1 Like

Go after child support they will take into consideration that he now has two kids and it maybe divided up more evenly. If he doesnt need your help raising your daufhter he can obciously afford to give you more. However if he has a history or criminal record of domestic violence and he is unstable they will not grant him custody.

2 Likes

Walk away!!! You can do this on your own. You already took the first step in surviving.

2 Likes

Yes you should file for child support.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going through similar situation and debating what to do myself.