Should I have to help my ex pay to take our kids on vacay?

That’s a lot of money. I wouldn’t even have that to give. He put you in a difficult spot it seems on purpose. If you can afford it then buy the tickets and get the kids the meal plan just for the kids only.

I would pay Atleast 300 maybe 4 . But that’s it. It could be a way to get extra money

Buy the kids tickets but pay for nothing else , it’s his problem

1 Like

I don’t know. I might consider it for the sake of the kids. If he is usually organized, takes good care of the kids, is an overall good father it might be okay. I’d ask him to pay it back though.

I mean. I’d hate for your kids to be disappointed that they can’t go since he already told them. But he shouldn’t have told them if it wasn’t set in stone and already had the tickets paid for.

But since you take the kids on vacation and never ask him for money he shouldn’t ask you

1 Like

Nope! If a parent can’t afford something for the kids then don’t make promises and then let them down. Make sure to have your ducks in a row first then go from there. The non-custodial parent should NOT have to pay for luxuries at the other parents house. It’s NOT RIGHT!!

1 Like

LOL not no but hell no. Tell him he pays for his kids or you will take that “800” and take them to Disney your damn self. I’m extra petty right now

I wouldn’t help him pay for it, he can. Although, I would give each of the kids somewhere between $20-$30 a piece so they could buy something they wanted if he won’t buy it.

Nope. He told them last week everything was set and now it’s not. His fault. But if for some reason you decide to do it for whatever reason you get him to sign a small contract in front of a notary stating that he will pay you back and set up a time it needs to be paid back by.

4 Likes

No I wouldn’t give him the money. He is your EX. He can take out a loan or charge it on a credit card. It’s called planning and budgeting. It’s is his responsibility to budget for his vacation. Why can’t his GF loan him the money or pay for it? Why can’t he ask one of his family members or friends? Why does it have to be you? When someone becomes your ex their are boundaries. Is he going to pay you back? Do you trust him to pay you back? Honestly, I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

He can open a credit card and charge it

3 Likes

If I had extra money then sure. Whatever. He’s still a dick but I want my kid to have a good time.

I wouldn’t sacrifice my vacation with her for that though.

Huh ? He wants you to give him $800 to help pay for his vacation??? Why doesn’t his girlfriend help him pay for it? Talk about manipulation…. She can’t get a refund ? They should have had a better plan in place ….

13 Likes

You already have the week off. I would take the kids to Disney and let him fend for himself. Dont disappoint the kids because their father is an ass. My niece was promised for 15 years her dad would take her and she never forgot. Her mom finally took her 2 years ago and its all about how mom took my and mom and i did this. And about Dad never keeping his promises
It sucks I get it. And if you cant take them to Disney just take them to where you had already planned. But no way give him money.

He should of made sure he had the money before he even mentioned it …… tell him he is … SOL

6 Likes

Absolutely not! My ex pulled that crap before and even had the audacity to tell the judge I wouldnt. He laughed at him. Let him go and you take them so.ewhere of their choosing. And just tell him never to make promises. Only surprises. And just say youre sorry. But the last time i checked, he can go through an agency and pay $200 and get a line of credit he would have to pay back. Thats what a friend did.

2 Likes

Don’t give him a penny he made HIS BED NOW HE CAN SLEEP IN IT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND GOOD LUCK SUCKER

Oh no! You take them!

2 Likes

I would do ANYTHING for my kids. Memories last a lifetime. You’d be doing this for your kids not the man you chose to have kids with.

2 Likes

You need to take them on vacation like you planned. He needs to explain to the kids he didn’t have the vacation all the figured out … no way would I give him money . Been where you are.

11 Likes

You already have the time off work, I would just take them on the vacation you were thinking of. This isn’t a spur of the moment thing. He had time to plan for this. If he really wanted to take them, he would make it happen somehow. Take out a small loan, borrow from parents and or friends.

5 Likes

Big fat NO from me !

2 Likes

The dude is an idiot… but I would consider it if you have the extra money… Only for the kids because they are super excited already it already… I agree with asking him to pay you back as well, maybe even if it’s just payments.

Let the girlfriend pay it say no.

3 Likes

I think it would depend on your relationship with their father. And like, is he a pos or a good guy that would spot you the money if you needed? Is he good to pay you back if he says he will? Also depends on your financial situation obviously. Or take them on the vacation you planned🤷🏼‍♀️

Do not give him the money,or he will expect you to do this every yr,let him figure it out,your divorced,if the gf wants him to go,let her pay for it,he has to take care of the kids on his time,and be a responsible adult…you watch how quickly he has the money for what he wants,tell him NO!!!

2 Likes

I’d take them myself. If you did send them with dad I’d give them each 100 for souvenirs. It’s ridiculous for him to ask to pay to take the kids on vacation with him.

Girl, take them yourself! How is it he already bought his girlfriend’s kids tickets and now he doesn’t have enough money for your kids!? That’s BS!

2 Likes

I would probably do it for kids sake as long as he payed you back tho

girl, take them yourself. that way they still get to go, and you can too!

3 Likes

Take ur kids on ur own vacation dad obviously forgot his kids when booking. U do what u can to make em super happy an be the better parent the kids will thank u for it in the long run…

1 Like

No. Don’t help. From my own experience, your children will be beyond disappointed but they will learn as they get older who truly has put them first.
Take them on the get away you were planning instead. Don’t mention this incident again.
I never bad mouthed their father to them. Years have passed and my boys absolutely love me. They never mention their father. When they do see him when they are out and about they do say hello to him and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

4 Likes

He’s a whole as@÷%*e! I am not contributing a thin dime!

3 Likes

No way. He should pay. Sounds like he wanted to mess up your plans. Don’t pay him. He should do it himself.

2 Likes

I feel like it depends on the situation. Does he normally help out with the kids? Is he extremely involved? Does he buy what they need, take care of any expenses that they need, things like that?

1 Like

Id use the money, buy tickets yourself, and take them. Or go to the other Disney if you can. That way they still can go.

1 Like

The kids are going to suffer, how can you women not see this? It’s not a tit for tat type of thing. Jesus, grow the fuck up and worry about the kids.

He made the promise. You did not. That’s a lot of money. When my daughter went to Hawaii with her day I paid for half her trip because it was a birthday gift from the both of us but he never asked me to help more than my fair share and it was agreed upon BEFORE we told her.

This is on him. Your kids will be disappointed but if he still goes with out your kids that will only show the shitty dad he is.

No, tell him you will use that 800 for the next time you take your kids on vacation

Why dont you take them to dosney world you said you took time off and kids wont be disapointed either the kids will figure the father as they grow so no keep money and you take them

I do anything for my daughter except help her father fulfill his promises. I would not help him and let him explain to the kids that he doesn’t have the money and expected you to pay

18 Likes

Saying no, who does that really hurt??

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pay for it for his luxury… But I would pay for it for your babies and your self. And smile and take your babies to the vacation. Shame on him for getting your babies hopes up.

I co parent pretty well, for my child. There have been times more often than not when my ex husband was struggling after our divorce, that I paid for allot of things for my son while in the care of his father. And I never told my son “your going/getting this because mommy paid for this”. I would hand that money over in a heartbeat (if the situation is healthy, which mine was/is). I want my son to have a good life, with me and his father. And if I happen to have some extra at the end of the month and it’s for my son, 100% I’ll help.

9 Likes

NO! Do not give him a dime!

1 Like

If you have it, it is for the kids not your ex

2 Likes

If you can afford it do it, it’s for your kids

3 Likes

Forget that! He probably figures you will do it so they aren’t let down. Manipulation tactic right there. Don’t fall for it.

2 Likes

No that’s his issue. If you are able to do it and you want to, that’s up to you. But there’s no obligation.

No vacations are extras that not evwryone can afford. And I’m damn sure not going to pay for him to get the credit for the trip.
If he can pay he should not have promised them . He needs to explane that he can’t afford it.

If you have the money to do it… do it. I know it sucks and it’s not fair but in the end I think you would be the one who benefits from it. It may not be benefits that you see immediately but in the long run… if it’s something that doesn’t break the bank, do it. It’s for your children and their dad and he said he had it handled so what. If it’s not something you can afford then yes, let him take the fall for the lack of responsibility. But if it’s money you were planning on spending during your own vacation, just this once, do it. If it’s the first time this has happened, do it. But don’t do it anymore after. Hopefully it makes him not make promises he’s not sure he can keep. Hopefully it makes him recognize you can do this with or without him. That the kids will go on vacation whether he can pull it off or not. Momma, I’m sure you almost had to be expecting this. Ask for proof of the cost before you send anything. Hopefully he’s not looking to get extra spending money from you.

Take them somewhere special. Even if you can’t work out Disney world and when they ask why aren’t they going with daddy. Just tell them thats something they would have to ask him but that you guys are going to have an awesome time.

3 Likes

No he want to take them on vacation so he can financially pay for it!!!

3 Likes

That would be on him. U take thr 800 and tske them somewhere. His misfortune he should have thought ahead it isnt ur place to pay him to take yalls kids. Im sure he put money up for his gf kids when his kids should be number 1

2 Likes

No … hellllllll to the no.
He made the promise, notyou. You could have enjoyed a vacation with your children but canceled so they could go with him. And now he can afford it are you telling me that he didn’t know his finances beforehand?

It sounds very manipulative I vote no

8 Likes

He should of planned it ahead. Do NOT pay for his vacation

2 Likes

Let him skip one month child support. I’m sure it’s that money that allows you to have 3 trips a year.

10 Likes

Absolutely not. It’s not your responsibility to pay for their vacation with their father…its his. If he can’t afford it, he shouldn’t have promised it. Yes, they may be disappointed, but if you pay it, it just sets him up to do it to you again…and I say this from experience. You have the time off, take them and do something with them yourself.

8 Likes

Take them yourself and just meet up with the dad and them there

3 Likes

He should have planned better but do not take this opportunity to make memories with their dad away from them. Pay it this one time and don’t do it again. Shoot maybe even ask if you can go too since you are paying.

Umm what?? Absolutely not

1 Like

No no no! No way. I mean unless you can have him pay you back but nah he said he got this message hen he should be good. Ugh that shit pisses me off

He planned it, he pays for it!!

2 Likes

It is his fault for lying to your kids. I would take them myself. I would not give him any money. If you do I agree with making him sign a contract and have noti. to pay you back within like 3mths or so. But personally I would have him tell the kids himself and then I would take them.

6 Likes

That’s a hard no. This isn’t your responsibility. If he needs help funding the fun time he supposedly had all planned out and paid for, that’s on him. Maybe next time he will budget and plan ahead.

If you cant bear the kids’ disappointment and happen to cave, then I’d tell him the only way you’d pay $800 for them to go is if you can go along as well. It’s only fair. If he’s not gonna foot the bill, you should be able to join in and at least share in spending time and making the memories with your kids. You already took off. So. Shouldn’t be a problem. :joy::rofl::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

His problem not yours sorry

Don’t pay. Take them yourself and I’m sure you and the kids will have a great time. This behavior will continue so better to not support it.

16 Likes

Not my issue. It’s his, he should have planned better and ensured he had the finances. Now if you wanted to do a loan, which is a whole other mess then Mayne that route… but at the end of the day it’s not up to you to bail him out.

2 Likes

Would he give you the 800 if needed to take the kids? If not, don’t do it. Instead you can do something special like you already had planned.

4 Likes

Lmao pay for it PLUS go yourself! Don’t room up w or near them or anything. Just go on your own vacation and while the kids are spending time with dad maybe you can see them too one or 2 of the days :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Then take time off and take them

It’s his fault. He lied, he broke his promise. He said he wanted to take them on vacation so he should be the one to pay for them.

1 Like

Go and pay for them :woman_shrugging:

Hell NO! Let him explain to your children that he lied about having everything booked and paid for.
You said YOU take them 3+ times a year. Out of your own pocket I assume? Do what you had planned for them. Don’t send him any money at all.

3 Likes

just pay it so the kids could have a vacation woth their dad. damn i mean i would, its not for him its for MY KIDS to experience that since i cant do it for them!

No way, keep your money and take them yourself :pensive:

3 Likes

Take your kids yourself don’t give him the money

4 Likes

I would be like " family vacation !!!" And we would all go lol

I have actually helped my ex pay for vacations. Like going out of the country and once in a lifetime things because I knew I wouldn’t be able to take them.

1 Like

For your children’s sake, let them go, and LOAN HIM THE MONEY!!Write up a contract, as a loan, monthly, weekly payments and give a set date for the money to be paid, signed and notarized!

7 Likes

I’d get him to sign a promissory note saying he will pay you back that’s not right you having to pay but if you don’t your children get hurt sounds like he knew how to back you into a corner

2 Likes

If it were me and I had the money I would give it to him. I would do it for my kids but would let him know if it happens again he would need to figure it out.

Ask him for $1,000 & take them yourself.

1 Like

Dont do it. He probably already has it paid for but wants to sucker u for xtra cash. Let him deal with the broken promise bcuz its on him.

My petty a$$ wants to flat out say no because of my dead beat baby daddy (he owes over $140k), but then I am reading all theses other comments. So first, IF you are going to help, get it in writing and get it notarized so if he try’s to back out, you can take him to court. Next only pay for the kids, not him, he’s a big boy. I’ve never been to Disney but look into meal passes or send the kids with prepaid cards. I would not give him a dime more than is necessary. :thinking::unamused:

This is a tough one. Honestly if it was a big trip and it was my daughter I’d send her with some spending money. I wouldn’t send that much but I’d probably send $200 for each.

Question… did he help pay for his GF and her kids?

3 Likes

Tell him to ask his parents you shouldn’t have to pay for something he said he’d already paid for

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t as every time I’ve asked for help it was never there or I wouldn’t get paid back
It really depends on your coparenting relationship really and truly

1 Like

Smh thats crazy… tickets are a little over $100 each after taxes . He doesn’t have to take them to all the parks if he can’t afford it. The beach is close by and free.

Nope. Don’t set that precedent.

2 Likes

You let your kids see he is full of empty promises and you take them on vacation. It’s not your job to pay for a vacation your not included in. Hell you take them to Disney if it’s that big of a deal. You already have the time off. Your kids need to see that can’t rely on him and you picking up his slack just gives them the illusion that they can rely on him.

14 Likes

I feel so bad for the kids but no dont pay a penny i wouldn’t be surprised if this was his plan all along. If you end up having the children because he cant afford to take them somewhere and if you have money take them out yourself so they dont miss out

3 Likes

Nope…take the kids yourself!!

1 Like

It depends on a number of things, is he willing to do it as a loan?

Can you trust him to pay you back without having to take him to small claims court?

Do your kids enjoy the gf and her kids? If they do not get along or would be left having to only go in baby rides because the kids are significantly younger I wouldn’t bother.

If they like hanging out and the age difference isn’t too far apart and everything will be even, (everyone gets treats, meals and souvenirs). Then sure.

And most of all can you afford it? If it puts you short it really isn’t feasible. Do not go into debt for your ex to take your kids on a holiday.

Id make him go to a notary and sign a note stating he will pay you back

1 Like

I would maybe pay for my kids plane ticket but if he’s low on cash and I felt like the kids were going to suffer( fun wise) while there and because there are several other kids going then I would be like ‘yeah I’ll pay for their tickets but I’m paying one for myself too’
even if I had to get my own hotel by myself… and I’ll spoil my own kids when we get there…

If I have to pitch in that amount for Disney then I’m enjoying it too…
I wouldn’t have to hang out with him just be there for my kids if they needed anything…
I’d prolly just take a friend with me to have fun while my kids were with their dad.
But…
I mean really !? who takes their kid on vacation and then say ‘oh Im broke’
So he was going to take them to Disneyland with no money??

Idk
I spoil my kids so… :woman_shrugging:t4:

I’ve also let my kid go on vacation with her dad and then just put that money in her bank account… I remember he did do this to me. he asked to take her on vacation and then asked me for money for her after the fact… like right before she was about to leave. I was under the impression he had it all taken care of but I said ‘sure I’ll give you money for her “ anyways…

I put $500 in HER bank account, he never saw that money…lol he was pissed… :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

If he is asking for cash, I’d definitely say no. If they need plane tickets or things you can prepay for then I’d do it. It is important to support a healthy relationship between your children and their father. Some things in life are more important than money. He’s definitely a douche bag but there’s not much you can do about that now :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

His problem not yours…he is the failure, not you

1 Like

Let his girlfriend give him 800 bucks. Not you.

1 Like