Should I keep up with this or leave?

Ugh it’s like people come on here just to be told to leave someone when they already know they should! You don’t leave till YOU want to and a bunch of strangers telling you to won’t change that.

Leave with your kids NOW

Sounds like he already left.

I don’t feel sorry for you. 8 years, you knew he’s an alcoholic. You knew he cheated. He disappears for days. Like… Seriously?

Run and don’t look back! You and your girls deserve better and he will never change (been through this myself). Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Your strong and you will get through this.

Leave him. He is still acting single. You and your kids deserve better

2 Likes

Hes got another whole family on the side or at least another women .

3 Likes

Please leave him girl, there is a way more fulfilling relationship and life waiting for u

I wouldn’t be there when he came back

1 Like

You know you have to leave! You deserve so much more and so do your kids. I was raised with an alcoholic father and it was miserable and violent and embarrassing. Please get those kids out while they are young!

3 Likes

You know the answer. Trust your gut.

2 Likes

Imagine what you’d say to your daughter - approximately 15 years from now - if she looked you in the face and asked the question above?
Your answer to her is your answer to you. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Grow up woman the red flag has been up for long time.

3 Likes

You know he not right for u . End the bad relationship.

2 Likes

Get out if you can. Been around alcoholism all my life. Thank God some people can beat it, but its one he’ll of a fight.

1 Like

“he’s an alcoholic” = RUN

1 Like

Watch Maid on Netflix…it will never get better

4 Likes

Do not put up with that hoorah…

Leave and don’t go back.

You shouldn’t be with him. He likes alcohol more than he loves you and his children.

Cut your losses and move on

Get yourself some counseling so you can help your children when you finally get fed up enough to say, “I deserve better” and love yourself enough to walk away. Better is out there.

Get yourself and the kids out of there. You all deserve better.

I feel so bad for you please don’t let this continue he doesn’t treat you good sounds like he has no respect for you and it seems like he knows that whatever he does you will still be there when he gets home. Just take time to think of the situation your in and follow your gut

1 Like

You know the answer why are you putting your life in his hands :pray:

You should go get a room or stay with a family member if you can BEFORE he comes back. Let him come back to an empty house. Go a few days without responding. Make sure everyone on your side knows not to tell him anything. Give him a taste of his own medicine. If he panics & keeps trying to get ahold of you then you can talk about him getting help & set your ultimatums. If he just goes back out to drink then you already know there’s no point in even trying. He needs to see what it’s like to loose his family & how he responds to that will tell you everything you need to know about if it’s even worth trying to fix.

6 Likes

He’s a narcissist !!
Run as fast as you can

Leave he is taking the piss out of you

100% leave… not just because he’s an alcoholic but also because his family don’t sound like the best people either…sounds like u get no support from anyone.
Your still young, Do not settle for less than u deserve. Xxx

1 Like

This is a question??.. You need to leave!!! ASAP

1 Like

Leave take the kids or you wont have a life

Leave. 100%. You’re basically single anyway. That’s not what a partner is.

Just leave and don’t look back . I grew up with an alcoholic father life really sucked ass for us kids . You deserve so much better . Don’t fall for “ I’ll do better “ unless he puts himself In a rehab I wouldn’t even give him a second chance .

Leave before it gets worse!

Leave. He already had.

Get out and leave…
I had to do the same and my baby is 3 months old. His father always chooses his friends and booze over us and I had to realise that I can’t keep doing this… the constant disappointment and heartache is just not worth it

If you have to ask the internet it’s time to GOOOO LEAVE he will NEVER change
Know your worth.

I wasted seven years on an abusive alcoholic. I left multiple times, but he was always SO tearful and sorry–and I would give him another chance. I finally realized that he was not going to change, divorced him, and met a wonderful man who treats me and my children very well. They don’t change. Don’t waste any more of your life on him.

1 Like

I would be kicking this asshole out, change your locks, get a restraining order & file for divorce & be done all together. you & your children will be better off. & u Certainly dont need or deserve anyone that treats u like this asshole has been & still is treating u & the fact that he’s cheated on u before means Absolutely nothing to him Like you had mentioned he thinks he has done nothing wrong, He has no respect for you Either because if he did he would of never cheated on u in the 1st place & u know a cheater will always be a cheater, & he’ll never change not for u or anyone else. u simply cant trust him any longer so be rid of him, move on & be happier.:slightly_smiling_face: u & your children deserve that !and you’ll all be better off for it & good luck to u.:pray:

If you subject your children to this behavior they will consider it as normal in their adult expectations. Leave

2 Likes

Don’t stay with an alcoholic, it only gets worse

1 Like

Run as fast as you can!

Leave. He’s a loser. And you will be so much better for it. You will find someone who loves you and treats you well. You will wonder why you didn’t leave sooner.

2 Likes

Leave honey. You only live once. Go make a better life for yourself

2 Likes

Leave for your sake and the kids sake. Y’all deserve so much better

3 Likes

Pack his things and send them to his family, change the locks and sleep well at night. You teach people how to treat you, so today is the day to start.

5 Likes

If he is willing to up and leave and he can’t even tell you where he is/what he is doing this relationship isnt worth it. Do you want your kids to learn this is okay?

3 Likes

Leave u shouldn’t have to live like this

3 Likes

Don’t stay leave now as it well only get worse

2 Likes

Drunk or not cheating is a choice!! He will never change just leave!! You deserve better than that!

3 Likes

Run… it will only get worse

2 Likes

I have and am still with an alcoholic but the one thing her never did was leave for days on end that’s where I draw the line and if I were you I’d leave it’s not ok to have a “drunken mistake” but my story is different from yours mine quit drinking a year ago it’s been a hard long road but he was never gone overnight

1 Like

Leave. Your children deserve better.

2 Likes

Run & don’t look back only gets worse

2 Likes

If you have to ask then leave trust me when I say it will be the best thing you do for yourself, you deserve better than this

1 Like

Oh my why would you ever second guess yourself. You need to leave ad lickety split. First and foremost don’t put your children through that and secondly do yourself a favour. Run for your lives. It will only get worse.