Should I let my 6 month old get the flu shot?

My child will be six months soon, and my question is should I let him get the flu shot. I stopped getting the flu shot years ago because I only got sick, very sick, after getting it. Never gotten sick after I stopped getting up but very concerned for him, I do not want him to be miserable.

15 Likes

I’ve never had one in my life … very rarely get sick

2 Likes

I stopped letting my son get the flu shot around the same time because he had the same issue. He hasn’t had one in almost 9 years and he has only gotten a cold.

1 Like

You just said u got it and still got sick. Why would u give it to your baby then?

4 Likes

My kids stop getting the flu shot they haven’t got the flu in over two years when they use to get the flu shot they would get the flu two times a year

2 Likes

Do your research over flu jabs…The way i see it the jab doesnt get rid of all flu…So whats the point…

2 Likes

Yes. Go to your pediatrician and they will do a 2 step shot

4 Likes

I don’t get my kids flu shots, but it’s a personal decision. You should weigh the risks and go from there.

1 Like

I get sick after I get it too lol :joy: but I still get it cause it’s only once and then not again

1 Like

The flu shot is supposed to activate an immune response (will make you feel sick) that’s how you know you are gaining immunity from it
Get the shot, most mommies will give you anecdotal stories to scare you out of it but the fact is the flu kills and it is preventable with the shot

30 Likes

and my daughter will be getting in November when they stock up

1 Like

You didn’t get the flu from your flu shot. You got another strain. I vote get the flu shot on the chance they got the strains semi right, but it’s definitely your choice.

3 Likes

I love how they say u can’t get sick from the flu shot I ended up in the hospital getting an I v

2 Likes

No my son doesn’t get them either and neither do I

I’ve never given flu shots to my kids. I don’t get them either

No…I’ve never gotten on. My kids won’t ever get one either

1 Like

I’d definitely get it a lot of others like to discourage but I’d say get it because the flu can be deathly for young ones

3 Likes

I would say yes, what people don’t remember is that the flu shot does not cover every strained of the flu but it does cover for the ones that are more deadly.

2 Likes

I have four kids and they’ve never had a flu shot and neither have I

My kids have never gotten one and they only get sick maybe once a year

Your baby’s doctor knows what’s best for your baby. Try to trust their advice because every child is different.

2 Likes

It really comes down to personal preference… i will be giving my 8 month old daughter the flu shot… i take it every year but i am also a nurse and am afraid of what I may take home from work. Do what you feel is best for YOU and your family! :heart:

3 Likes

Nope. Wheb a cancer doctor tells your parent not to ever get the flu shot you stick with it. So therefore myself and my children have never gotten it.

1 Like

I’ve always given my son the flu shot. The flu is awful so anything that can possibly help not getting it is worth it in my opinion.

2 Likes

I haven’t done it for either of my boys

Talk to your daughters pediatrician.

My son is 9 and never had a flu shot. I personally don’t believe they are necessary. Do your own research and make an informed decision as to what works best for you and your family. :heart:

2 Likes

I used to get sick when I took the flu shot too, so I stopped untill this year. I took it and feel fine. I was told that the serum is different then it used to be and the stuff that made you sick is no longer in it.

Yes if baby goes to daycare.

Me and mine have never had one and never had it

Ive never gotten the flu shot and I can count on one hand the amount of times ive been horribly, cant get out of bed, feel like im dying sick. Ive never gotten my daughter one and shes never had more then a little cold and shes almost 4.

My Dr doesn’t even ask me any more if I want it for any of us lol

I distrust vaccines and if I had the option I would opt out but my son’s pediatrician really scared me at his wellness check and so he has been getting it every year, he is 3 now. She said the shot helps with the severity of the flu if he were to ever get it so better safe than sorry.

I wouldn’t. As long as your baby is healthy I would not. I never got one for my kids. My daughter and I both got the flu one year, ( she was like 15) and I had to have the vaccine because I worked in Healthcare. Well, I was sick for 6 days and she 5. I feel this vaccine should be for people that are high risk.

My grandson has asthma last year and the year before doctor recommended he get it it didn’t bother him at all

It’s really your own personal want on it… I use to never get the flu shot til very recently. Just had my baby a week ago and they gave me the flu shot a couple days before I delivered. I have an 11 year old son who WANTS the flu shot and it’s important to him that I got it too so last year I did as well and plan on my daughter getting all vaccinations including the flu shot this year when she’s 6 months, but I know moms strongly believe in no vaccines at all! So it’s all to each their own!

1 Like

My 6 month old just got his 2 weeks ago and is just fine

Courtnay Grant the urge to troll anti vaccers about science is really strong…

4 Likes

its totally up to you one of my daughters got it when she was a baby she was miserable along with everybody else and I said never again. and myself I have never had one

I stopped getting the flu shot back in 2011 but my 2 year old and 1 year old get their and when my boy is 6 months he will too.

The flu can kill, so yes.

Being the daughter of a Nurse I have ALWAYS gotten my flu shot. Our whole family does. My daughter had her first one at 6 months and has gotten one every year the last 12 years. And my son will be getting his at his 6 week check up not just per my request but our family doctor

1 Like

It’s totally up to you. I’ll never get one but my kids have gotten one since they were 2 months old

1 Like

None of my kids nor my husband and I get the flu shot. I got pneumonia the 1 time I did get it! I’m not anti vaccine just the flu shot.

My son never gets one. So almost 6 yrs without the flu. 🤷

1 Like

I don’t get the flu shot for myself but both my boys get it and they’re fine with them, I think it really depends on the baby. I’d at least try the first time and if he has a bad reaction to it maybe dont next time :woman_shrugging:t2:

I don’t my daughter is 14 months n we go to a wholistic doctor I give her some natural prevention n we restrict access to her in stores and things and we did great in the spring season

As none of our family gets the flu shots or anything unnecessary

It’s totally up to you as a parent to decide. My son has had it and did fine but my daughter on the other hand didn’t and had an allergic reaction. Everyone is different, every child is different.

1 Like

Tell your doctor see what they think, I’m the same way. And told my doctor about it, and she said it’s honestly probably better not to. If I get so sick from one

1 Like

This is a personal choice between you and your dr

I never got sick til i had kids and basically felt forced to get flu shots… kids also got very sick after getting them and stopped doin itn2 years ago and we havent been that sick since

Frankly if you are social distancing, washing hands, and your baby is not around many people then he really does not needed it. I personally don’t get the flu shot because I get very ill when I do get it. I am not against vaccines, but I am against more than one vaccine at a time and ones that are not really needed, I have seen a chilled that had a severe reaction to vaccines poor kid went through hell for them to figure out which one caused the problem.

My daughter is getting hers whenever I go to get mine, it never made me sick or gave me any issues. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

One year my family didn’t get the flu shot. That’s the year I found out I’m allergic to having the flu. Broke out in hives. My son who had just turned two two months beforehand ate almost nothing for almost a week, slept all day and was so miserable. I will never again skip getting the flu shot for me or my son.

2 Likes

Totally your choice I choose no vaccines for my 3 children

Different bodies different reactions. Both of my kids (3.5 & 11months ) got the shot and they never got sick. However is always your decision and your son.

Never has made me sick. I would recommend that you get your son vaccinated.

The only gig I don’t get me or kids is the flu shot!

Nurse here yes my ENTIRE family gets there flu shot every year

3 Likes

It not only makes me sick it does for months after and i was sick every couple months, for years! Did the same to my girls when i felt pressured to give them the flu shot. We all Stopped taking them when my girls were odler toddlers. Have not had the flu since a rairly ever get sick and none have had the flu since.

After watching people suffer with the actual flu( people confused a stomach bug with actual influenza) i will always get the flu shot and so will all in my family.

1 Like

No ways. That shit is lethal

Would rather have him miserable for a day or two after the shot than hospitalized because he didn’t get it. I stand behind vaccines. All my kids have gotten it as soon as they were able to. And if they get the flu it’s only lasts 3-4 days MAX vs the 7+days. Talk to your dr about it if you’re having doubts explain it to them and let them explain the reasonings to you.

4 Likes

My daughter got her flu shot asked her if she even gotten it as she never cried at all and usually she’s bawling for 2hrs

We dont do flu shots

2 Likes

I’ve never gotten it and I don’t give it to my kids. If you don’t get it why would you make your baby???

8 Likes

We have gotten ares for years and no problem

3 kids and myself never get the flu shot and are rarely sick, 15, 2 1/2 and 9 month actual preemie, and all are super healthy, my baby HAS NOT had a fever or been sick once or had a runny nose yet.

2 Likes

Up to you momma. But for me we don’t

3 Likes

I think you know the answer. If it made you sick, will probably make baby sick.

2 Likes

My son and I both had the flu when he was around 10 months old. It wasn’t fun but we just managed the symptoms and carried on. The flu shot has a very long list of things that could happen and the sad truth is no one knows the future. You have to do what you feel is best because sadly in parenting there will always be could’ve would’ve should’ve days. I personally don’t get the flu shot or get one for my child because it’s a guessing game with things being injected that are barely researched as far as long term effects. But that’s a decision I have made. At the end of the day you have to be comfortable with what you decide.

2 Likes

I don’t get the flu shot and neither do my kids that is the one vaccine they don’t get.

Mine always gets a flu every year! He is 2.5

1 Like

I’ve always gotten the shot and so has my son. It is not anything you will be required to get but it is good prevention. Your choice tho

1 Like

It’s a good idea especially with COVID going on

1 Like

I and my brother only ever got 1 flu shot as a kid and we were always fine without one. I have a baby and I don’t plan on getting him one either just cause he gets all the other shots. I hate to add another one that is not necessary to the long list of shots.

My kiddo stays at home with me, so it’s a hard no. In day care, I could see it being a different story…

1 Like

Genuinely curious as to why so many people say no?

No, do not get your baby the flu shot. Feed them healthy food and keep their immune system strong :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would personally not listen to any one on here no offense to anyone that has commented. I recommend talking to your child’s doctor about it. Ask about the pros & cons & make up your own mind. I strongly agree with vaccinations but not everyone does for there own reasons rather it be something medical or something they heard from a friend of a friend that may have been fabricated. You do what you feel is best not what others think

4 Likes

No flu shots for any of my family!!!

My pedi told me it really isn’t necessary if you are socially distancing and not going in public due to covid. My oldest was a preemie and he has had one every year until this one. My youngest never had one but she was a fall baby and wasn’t old enough last year. Its all what you and your pediatrician think is best

Please have this conversation with your pediatrician. Not with strangers on the internet who did their “research”

4 Likes

If your breastfeeding you could get the shot and lo will benefit.
If your baby is healthy I don’t see why not.

1 Like

In the middle of a pandemic and people STILL will not get flu shots. So crazy to me :woman_facepalming:t4::slightly_frowning_face: It could save your life, or someone else’s!!

1 Like

Get the actual insert (not the sheet the doctor gives you with some bullet points) from the shot your child would recieve. Read it look up the ingredients and look up the amounts that are considered safe of the ingredients. Look up the effectiveness of the shot the CDC has this available on their site. And make an educated decision. Please dont just use facebook moms to decide. It is a very important decision that Does have risks. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I wouldn’t. Unless it was absolutely necessary, like a daycare won’t keep him or something and you have to work.

Why put him through something he might not get.

In my house we don’t do the flue shot deal but I became hospitalized my last flue shot (horrible reaction) my husband allergic to eggs (the vaccine has egg in it) and baby been to little to get one but my family full of weird ones and I definitely ask your ped for advice on this vs people on the internet

All vaccines give you a little bit of the virus, so yes you might get sick and then you’ll get over it. Y’all so uneducated. I’m glad I don’t know any of you, I would never come around you or let my kid come around you

1 Like

I’ve never gotten the flu shot or the flu in my life lol. Neither have any of my kids. They are 7, 4, and almost 4 months.

I’ve never gotten the flu shot and don’t plan on giving it to my baby :woman_shrugging:t2:

From my experience in pharmacy (which I still work) get the flu shot. Especially if they have respiratory issues along with comprised immune systems. Most people who get the flu are not feeling well to begin with when they get the shot. Just do a check on your child such as temp check along with overall wellness. If they have been sick I would wait a week or two depending on the sickness then get the shot after. Most people/children feel tired after a couple of days.

Both of my kids got their flu shot last month my kids didn’t even get sick after it and neither did I

I got sick from it… gave it to my daughter even she was 1… she landed in the hospital for a week, but… Once I learned that vaccines are a liability free product, I quit giving them to my kids. Look up the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986… all manufactures are exempt from liability for injury or death. Are you okay with injrcting your child a product that is free from liability?

If it was my kid, it would be a hard no… but in the end, you’re mom. Do what’s best for your family.

8 Likes

I’ve had the flu shot every year and didn’t get sick or the flu…But, I wait to see how many people die before taking it every year. South Korea just had 48 people die…I’d wait.

The shot does not contain the flu virus

So what’s the point in a flu shot of it “doesn’t cover all the strains”

2 Likes

Most people that get sick after getting flu shot blame the shot because of the timing. In reality, you probably have a cold or bug. If you do have the flu it was because you were already exposed prior to getting the shot, or, you may pick up a strain of the flu that the shot does no innoculate for.

1 Like

The only year, after the service, that I didn’t get a flu shot, I got the flu!!!