Should I let my 6 month old get the flu shot?

I had the shot three times and I got sick after wards stopped the shot and haven’t had it since…fiancé got it and ended up in the hospital his doctor told him no more shots

1 Like

No not a 6 month old

1 Like

All I will say is…I’ve only ever had the flu during the years I didn’t get a flu shot. My daughter has had the shot at 6 months, a year and a half, and two and a half. She never had a reaction and she’s never had the flu.
You are the parent though, absolutely do what you feel is best for your child.

Lets make it easy.wil you give your baby something that makes you sick.i too got sick very bad after the shot.and every year i did not get it i dont get sick…just think about it.whould you give your baby something that made you sick???..

2 Likes

I have 4 kids. Never get flu shots. Never get flu. Great immune systems!
One kid I got a flu shot at 1 yr of age and he ended up in hospital for 3 days… never again.

3 Likes

Personally I am not goi.g to knowingly inject my child with a virus, or poison… but… it comes down to what you feel is right. Do t let people guilt you either way.

1 Like

Risk of getting sick after jab, risk of death if you don’t get jab. I always get the jab.

1 Like

Not at 6months no. my kids always had it from the age of 1/2 or school age but the spray they never been poorly with it

This is a personal decision and very controversial. Do your research on why the flu shot is given. Understand what the flu vaccine actually is and who is at high risk of flu complications. Yes you can have the flu shot and still get sick but that’s not the point of the flu shot. The flu shot is to protect from the complications of the flu. Remembering also that the stomach virus is not the flu and yes there are different flu viruses and they may not all be included in the flu vaccine. Please do your own research and make your decision based on facts not opinions.

Flu shot covers against influenza A & B… to lessen the symptoms of these flus so you don’t get hospitalized, we didn’t get ours last year and landed in hospital twice for Christmas and New Years… and was sick for 3 months… the cough didn’t go away for that long… that cough and sickness was the worst I ever felt… we had influenza A…

Yes please do it. Protect your child

Absolutely not… the flu shot does not prevent the flu it in fact puts the antibodies of flu virus in your body to try and prevent however there are many stains of flu and the shot does not prevent them all. It targets one type, so in fact you or your baby are still able to contract it either way. Its just all about sanitation and whom your around.

1 Like

You should not get sick from the flu shot. Are you allergic to eggs or something else in the shot? Does your child have allergies or are they immune compromised? Get the shot & check for a reaction. He’s a whole different person from you & having his immune system boosted could be a good thing. Of course if there’s a major reaction call the pediatrician.

I don’t get it, my 4 kids don’t get it. My two younger ones did get the flu, one last year and one the year before… it was 2-3 miserable days and nights… I nursed it like a cold, washed them down to cool down fevers.

I don’t get a flu shot but my kids do. My youngest is allergic to the medication to treat influenza type B and I’m not going to risk him being hospitalized for a fever that won’t go down.

6 months is to young in my opinion I would definitely ask your doctor and see what the options are.

My son is 20 months i was told he needs the shot

As long as your doctor says yes then yes I can’t remember what age they did it but I want to say it was six months in a year because you got to like do it between two months or something like that

I think that you should consult with your Healthcare provider regarding everything there is to know about vaccines. Respectfully, there is quite a bit of misconceptions here. No doubt, you became sick the years you received the flu vaccine. There are usually 4 strains included. These could be different every year. Is is possible you came down with a different virus or bacterial infection? Were you swabbed and confirmed that you were sick with a strain that was included? It takes 2 weeks to create immunity. I could go on. I think it is absolutely irresponsible to spread what you BELIEVE to be true. Especially when it comes to science. Find out the evidence. Your sweet baby should be protected against influenza. Your child is in a vulnerable population. Especially in these Covid times.

1 Like

If you wouldn’t get it for yourself why would you get it for your child? I’m not an anti vaxxer, but I never get the flu shot. It has the highest count of mercury, plus it isn’t even effective.

No, I didn’t with my 2 and they didn’t get the flu. I just started taking the flu shot 3 years ago because I have diabetes. I never got sick from it. They usually give you the shot with a “dead” version. Last year they ran out and I got the live version and still didn’t get sick. For babies I’d say no. My personal preference.

I always get the flu shot due to work but my son has gotten it ever since he could have it.

I got a flu shot for the first time ever, today( job related) I’m 30. I have only had the flu once in my life(adult at least) two years ago about two weeks after I left the hospital with my baby. My daughter has never had the flu shot either and she’s had it once (10). My flu all but lasted for a day (took sambucol)
Personally, I’d rather have the flu a million times over then ever get strep again ( daughter is a carrier)

Also, the flu shot isn’t a live culture. Most people get sick bc of egg allergies or because your body recognizes it as foreign and tries to fight against it.

They have a nasal type flu thing you can get. Not sure if kids can get that or not.

My son and I have gotten the flu vaccine every year since he was a baby.

No never get the flu shot. Its a bullshit immunization. If it was actually affective it would be mandatory. My daughter only gets the ones that are mandatory. Nothing more nothing less.

The flu shot is from an inactive virus. It takes 2 weeks to even take affect in your body. If you get sick it’s because you were already getting sick before the shot.