Should I let my son's mother visit?

Why don’t you ask her to reschedule for a time where travel traffic isn’t as high, so she is exposed to fewer people on her way?

We all gonna go one day whether it be sickness, accident, or robbery… might as well enjoy the memories and love while you can!

2 Likes

It’s a pandemic. No.

2 Likes

My aunt mother is bringing my nephew cousin

4 Likes

Covid could be around for years. How long to you think it’s fair to keep people apart?

1 Like

I’d absolutely let her visit . My situation with my son and his grandmother is the same . She can see him whenever she’d like

Wait im confused…your sons mother? Then who are you?

6 Likes

Who’s the son’s mother’s brothers grandmother’s sisters cousin :rofl::thinking:

4 Likes

Who is sons mother then…you mean baby daddy mom

2 Likes

This is like a riddle of 2nd cousin once removed :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I’d prefer video chat or something he can do to see her online. Don’t risk her health. I’m one to actually spend time with my family unless they are older. I’ll call them or FaceTime them.

1 Like

Um. Thats a parent. This pandemic has people brainwashed into social isolation. Do the visit. It will not kill anyone. Karens shutup over being selfish. Its even more selfish to make people go without their loved ones

4 Likes

I’d leave it up to her. It sounds like she could use the company and not to be alone on Xmas though :heart:

1 Like

She could come. But he has to stay in Airbnb or something private to quarantine if she’s THAT desperate. 10 day quarantine :woman_shrugging: other then that… nope

Now we know why this is unfiltered and inappropriate momma. Lol.

Oh come on, let her visit, she misses that little boy, I baby sit 2 of my grandchildren every day so their parents can go to work, let her visit, get out and about, fresh air ,parks and such, who knows when may be the last time he gets to see her

1 Like

No don’t let het come…she’s knew where he was this length of time…especially if the dad doesn’t want to know…cut all ties

Be smart, be safe and, use your heart and your intuition. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Wait, what?? I’m so confused :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Tomorrow is never promised. If she is okay with it, let her visit. :blush:

1 Like

It’s Christmas… can we not do this to our kids grandparents?.. fucking horrible. ESPECIALLY if she stuck around when the father didn’t.

8 Likes

IMO Having kids not see their parent or someone very close to them can be more detrimental to everyone!

2 Likes

Wtf did I just read? I can’t get throug🤦‍♀️h the post because I’m confused who wrote it

8 Likes

Y’all take your kids out to every possible event for the holidays but OH NO COVID when it comes to their grandparents seeing them :woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

Yes. She knows what’s going on with the risk, but she is depressed from missing her grandson. And it is her choice if she wants to chance it. How would you feel if something, God forbid, happened to her and she didnt get that chance to see him before. No one knows when their time is. If it were me it’d be worth the risk to see my family when I’m missing them that bad. People are suffering from depression due to not being able to spend time with family, and that can be dangerous to their overall health as well.

5 Likes

Welcome her with kindness & joy that she will bring to the little boy as well as herself. Don’t deny her this opportunity please

7 Likes

Let her come and then you all quarantine for the proper amount of time.

1 Like

If she poses no threat better come visit it’s her at risk you know maybe have her go get a covid swab two days before she’s due to be there

I think visiting anyone for any reason from anywhere for any. reason is foolish this yr with a virus raging. Everyone keeps saying but what if its the last time? It will b the last time if they covid and die. How stupid

8 Likes

Post is SO confusing. Feel like a weird math word lrobkem or a riddle.
Whoever this family member is… Let them see the kid. Period

10 Likes

I’m confused… Your son’s mother… Or grandmother???

4 Likes

You’ll regret it if not, a lot of people are making choices like this that they have learned to regret because they lost family they rejected. If you’re smart, you won’t get it! I don’t leave my house expect to Walmart, no mask… it’s called be careful, wash, be exposed, etc!!

I’m sure she’s well aware of the risks, I’m sure you haven’t cared about the child when going places enough to tell him “no, you can’t go to blah blah” but can quickly turn down something he may not have next gear.

1 Like

Ontario is going into lockdown on Dec/26/Boxing day. I would not risk it, my Aunt passed away from Covid-19. She was a lone and no one could go see her. We could not have a wake or anything until months after she died. Why don’t you try face timing, with the Grandma, and when it’s safer have her come see your boy. It is not the same but it is safer.

3 Likes

Explain you are worried about covid and either meet outside for a walk or if you are inside keep 2 m rule x

Let her come. He needs her as much as she needs him

So is she his mom or grandmother?

2 Likes

We’ve spent the past 6 months exercising caution and keeping the grandkids separate from their grandparents for safety.

Last night their grandfather was killed in a car accident. And all I can think about is the time lost.

16 Likes

Thought this was one of those stupid riddles :rofl::woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

Get everyone tested beforehand. Then enjoy some family time.

Ask her to get tested and await results. Do the same for anyone who will be around her, including your son. Otherwise the risk is real

Tell her to wear a mask
I mean there’s not much you can do if you don’t want to say no
But definitely all get tested

I would guess it’s his grandmother? If I am correct then yes. Yes covid is real but life is also short and our days are numbered. I would ask her to be tested before she leaves from home. As long as she is negative then I don’t see a problem with the visit. She can use precautions on her trip to your house.
Beyond covid it doesn’t matter if you and the dad aren’t together or not, it’s still your son’s grandma. He does not judge he only sees love. He will have fond memories of her thru out his life. Memories are meant to be made even during a pandemic. Like as stated before life is short, and we can’t always live in fear.

There are a few very clever people in this group that understood this post? Definitely not I. :expressionless:
Please? Who is she ? who is it? Do tell! :thinking::smirk::smirk:

1 Like

If the only danger your worried about is that she could catch covid then let her make that decision.

6 Likes

If she wants to see him and you are ok with it, go for it. Tomorrow isn’t promised for any of us.

4 Likes

Wait to live or wait to die…personally if I have to die from covid, I’d like to spend my last well days with family.

2 Likes

I’m confused from the start, its festive n my mood cannot be this Oh no… :thinking::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This sounds like an episode of a talk show

1 Like

I’m confused are you a biological parent. Idk if I’m reading it wrong but are you related to the child ???

4 Likes

To be honest… Nothing is worth risking anyone’s life at this point…
We stay safe now so when we gather again… no1 is missing :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I’m not smart enough to decipher what this actually says BUT I did understand something about someone loving a child and wanting to spend time with said child. A child can never have too much love, I say let it happen.

5 Likes

If the sons mother isnt in his life… and the son’s father isnt in his life… then who the fuck has custody of this kid… they need to be a little more clwar lmfao

6 Likes

If COVID is the concern, it’s suggested there be a quarantine 10-14 days prior to visiting outside your household. If everyone is good after that, I say go for it! If that’s not a possibility, then I would probably hold off on the visit myself. We’re breaking daily records and from what I hear, it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Tough decision that’s for sure. Maybe the good ol pros vs cons list might help. Either way good luck and stay safe!

1 Like

I say let her especially if she’s been there. I’m sure she understands the risk with covid and honestly think about your child’s happiness and hers.

1 Like

Let her visit!! You never know when someone’s gonna leave this earth and you’ll never have the chance again!! Make sure when she arrives she washes her hands!!

1 Like

In vermont we have travel restrictions. You habe to quarantine for 7 days then get test. See if she would be willing to get a rapid test before she came if you are worried. Or tell her she needs to wear a mask. When she arrives have her wash her hands take her shoes off and wear a mask. Or if you trust her then tell her yes. Its your discretion. Or you can always tell her she needs to quarantine and get tested then come and you can set a time for a later date as well. Me personally. I’m super careful about the percautions with covid. Try to think of it as if it were your mom and see if your choice maybe different ya know. No one can make this choice for you. Everyone is going to have different views on what you should do. You have to make a choice for yourself. I know covid is scary and when you allow someone in you feel as if your putting your child at risk. Let me ask you a question. Do you work? Does your child go to school or day care? Do you have anyone else over or see anyone else? If the answer is yes then you risk it everyday anyway. If the answer is no than you know your answer.

1 Like

This hurt my head to read lol. But I would let her visit :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Dying of depression and loneliness is a lot worse than covid will ever be.

3 Likes

Let her come, tell her you would like her to get tested if your concerned before hand. Don’t waste time with grandparents, tomorrow is never ever promised for any of us. Mask, lysol and frequent hand washing if your very worried. I always lysol frequently touched surfaces as much as possible daily and we have yet to get covid thankfully.

I’ve really noticed a consistent disregard of safety on this page.

Everyone: let grandma come!
gma dies of covid
Everyone: well it’s a pandemic, why would you let her come ?!!!

Yes it’s sad she hasn’t seen him but it’s also dangerous. Get yourself and your son tested. Get grandma tested. Follow the rules until she gets there (no play days unnecessary outings, wear your mask etc etc) and this way if someone should happen to her at least you know it wasn’t from you guys.

Imo, I don’t think the visit is worth her life but it’s your choice. And before anyone chimes in that I’m being harsh, it’s the reality of our current times. :woman_shrugging:t2: happy holidays.

1 Like

Let her come visit, covid is a virus just like most unfortunately it was used to take over the US in these trying times. Sweetheart spray your house with lysol & enjoy your holidays.
Be blessed & never stressed :pray: :sparkles:

Als ze Allebij gezond zij gewoon doen wees blij dat ze het wil het kan ook anders zijn de vader van mijn zoon zijn ouders hebben nog nooit naar hem.om gekeken

Absolutely let her come. Just ask her to get tested and quarantine before she comes.

Let her come see that baby!

Have her get tested beforehand but I would say yes, assuming she’s a good influence on your son.

Don’t worry about her emotions too much. Yes, I’m sorry she’s upset and you understandably feel compassion. However her emotions aren’t your responsibility, mama, your son is. So if she is problematic and will be a bad influence on your son, no. However if she’s a nice person overall and you’re comfortable with her, then yeah, for sure, just ask her to take a rapid test. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck!!

I say risk it you never know in these times when they will see each other again I just took my son to his grandparents the other day and we spent the entire day there just to see my son at the happiest he has been in sooo long and I know it meant the world to them to

1 Like

Honestly the way I feel is it’s much less a risk for her to see her grandchild then it is for you to do the basic activities you do daily.
Do you go to the store ? Do you go to work? Your son go to school? Daycare? After school programs ? I’m sure the answer to at least one or two of those questions is a yes then your kid is at risk daily of contracting Covid. I work in a store where we had two employees out with Covid positive results and half the rest of us out on quarantine. Both those that had Covid worked while contagious and didn’t realize it. So therefore they exposed every single person they came into contact with. Not intentionally but still yet they did. You don’t know who has this virus and anytime you leave your home you run the risk of getting it from someone else. Let gramma come as long as she isn’t participating In high risk activities or being a Karen and not wearing her mask or taking basic safety precautions. This will do your son good. As well as her. I’m sure he missed her as much as she missed him.

1 Like

Am I the only one confused here?

Absolutely let her hate to be the one to say it but we never know how long we have left with our grandparents I would give anything to be able to spend this Christmas with my grandparents

Yes. She is aware of the risk.

You should let her decided what risks she is willing to take with her own life.

If she wants to take the risk, and it’s not really a risk for you or your child. Let her.

Let the woman come see him

Have everyone tested beforehand and keep lysol and hand sanitizer on hand. Wear masks and everything should be fine. She sounds like she adores him and he adores her. She would be totally devastated if she were to miss the opportunity to see him

I understand your covid concerns. Have you continued the relationship between grandma & grandson via phone, video calls? I don’t feel it matters that dad isn’t in the picture. He has a doting grandmother. She should be allowed in his life.

As a grandmother, I say let her make the decision. It is hard not to see your grandchildren. Agree that since she is traveling ask her to take a covid test. If she can afford to have her stay at a hotel. But open your home to her. Your son will be forever grateful that you were gracious to her. She is most likely to be grateful for any time with her grandson. I know that I am.

i wouldnt your putting yourself and your son at risk … this is not a joke even though covid saved my sons life it causes alot of issues that if you didnt know you had could kill you… Dont want to risk her giving it to your son or yourself from travel

I have a grandson his mother want let me see, her and my son is not together, I. Would give anything to see him, let her come… it would be the best Christmas present you could give her.

Let her visit. Tomorrow is not promised.

1 Like

I believe its her decision, and as long as no one is sick should be fine. Wondering why she wasn’t kept in his life if she was a good grandmother?

Unless she has lung issues I wouldn’t worry . My mom is a 68 year old diabetic with Parkinson’s and had it. My entire house had it including my 2.5 year old and 2 month old. It’s just like the flu for adults and a cold for kids.

If she is willing to risk her on health please let her come for the luv of your child

1 Like

Have her take a rapid test before coming. Since the child remembers her then it’s a good idea. If he didn’t than I would say no. Make her mask up, wash hands, all procausions. I have a stepson that lived with us and when he got older he moved and had a son. I never got to bond with him and when we met it was strange. So I say that a child need to know both sides of his family. But make sure she is not coming for the wrong reasons. To spy on what’s going on or to releave her quilt that her son didn’t step up to the plate.

1 Like

More of our seniors are dying of loneliness and depression than this virus. My uncle was in a nursing home. He lived for visits from his granddaughter and her baby .Shortly after that was stopped he died. What’s the point of living if you’re living in fear.
Let her see him. Our seniors have earned the right to be happy, not isolated like prisoners.

1 Like

Depends on the health protocol you set in place. If she’s traveling by herself, if she will have her own room to sleep in and there is sufficient space in your house in the event of self isolation or social distancing. If COVID-19 is the only reason you are questioning whether to stay or not. And of course ask the child if he would like his grandmother to visit. If he is keen, sure why not.

My understanding is the writer in error wrote, “My son’s mother.” The writer is the mother and the mother in the first line is the grandmother (fathers mother).

A rapid test prior to a visit means nothing. She could be infected but not yet test positive and then be positive while she’s visiting. Don’t risk the travel and the visitors. It’s not safe. Please just listen to the CDC and be responsible.

1 Like

Wait… what? I feel like I’m reading “who’s on first”

2 Likes

Let her come…u never know it may be the last time she gets the chance and every grandparent deserves that at least

1 Like

So where it says mother she actually meant to put grandmother

1 Like

Her life, her choice. You could voice your concern but tell her she’s still welcome to come. If seeing her grandson is more important than risking getting sick, that’s her decision.

Let her that’s what grandma’s love About xmas seeing the little ones

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t keep family wanting to see him away. I would, again personally, ask her to get a test done and stay isolated while waiting for results. If negative allow it. As long as she remains diligent in her actives. Come and visit. I’d you are really worried you could let her know that you would feel better if she wore a mask. :woman_shrugging:

let her come visit and enjoy all those hugs

1 Like

Let mom be mom. DO NOT EVER PREVENT FAMILY FROM BEING FAMILY.

2 Likes

Soooooo you’re asking if you should let grandma visit the kid right? If you’re unsure because of covid then say no? If you want her to visit then say yes. If she’s willing to possibly risk her health then I’d say why not.

I would let her come personally. A life can change drastically in just one year, especially for grandparents. Children bring so much joy into their lives and you just never truly know when it will be their last moments.

Y’all are part of the problem and why we’re still stuck in this pandemic with thousands dying each day :roll_eyes:

Tell her to get a covid test or don’t be an arse and let her come

I would let her visit. She knows the risks associated & still wanting to see him so I think it would be a sweet reunion :heart:

1 Like