Should I press charges?

In the early morning hours, my now ex was in an alcohol and possibly drug rage , my sons birthday party was supposed to be the following afternoon and this was about 4 AM at this point and I told him that he was not welcome to be there… he was not happy. Long story short— he left the property so I went outside to smoke a cigarette to calm down he ended up coming back, he grabbed me and pretty much tackled me to take my phone so I couldn’t call for help because I wanted him to leave because he was making me nervous the way he was acting. It was on accident but he ended up burning me really bad and now I have a big hole in my arm. But he intentionally grabbed me and tackled Me fir sure… now I have bruises on my arms and legs. He then pretended he was going to give it back and then smashed the phone throwing it down the block. I then found Phone and he said he was gonna repetitively punch me in the face, (but he didnt this time) and that I should be afraid of him. Then he kicked out my car window. My question here is yes there is obviously property damage but did he technically abuse me this time. I know he has in the past but I know he didn’t punch me this time. Does anyone have advice what to do I also don’t wanna run out of time if I have to do anything please help me.

294 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I press charges against my ex? - Mamas Uncut

Call the cops that absolutely is abuse

1 Like

Call the police. If a stranger did this to you would you question if it was assault?

1 Like

Assault. Press charges.

1 Like

You need to file a police report TODAY! That’s 110% abuse!

1 Like

Why would you NOT press charges??

1 Like

He stopped you from calling for help= a crime physically assaulted you (grabbed and tackled =a crime ) call the cops press charges alcohol or drugs may be the reason NOT AN EXCUSE period

1 Like

Assault, and if he tried to keep you from calling for help by blocking your access to your phone, it could be unlawful detainment.

1 Like

Yes Yes Yes!
He burned you, assaulted you, threatened you, and property damage resulted. Protect yourself with a restraining order. Next time you may not be lucky to walk away :frowning::heart:

3 Likes

Babe, this is ALL assault. Even if someone pushed you it would be assault.
He burned a hole into your body. That’s assault.

Don’t ask us to find you reasons, you don’t need to have any more reasons or second guess. Do it now please

2 Likes

Press charges. Be prepared for him to make you feel guilty about it. But as an officer once told me, men don’t do these kinds of things, children do. And even that is extreme. That’s abuse, we teach our children to keep their hands to themselves. Then have “grown men” putting hands on people. Be angry be mad be sad be whatever. But everything you just explained was childish and absolutely unnecessary. Actions like that deserve consequences. So what will his be?

1 Like

He new exactly what he was doing time to teach scum like him manners call the guards and press charges or he will do worse next time :point_up:

2 Likes

Of course darling! Press charges

1 Like

Call police. File charges. That was assault.

2 Likes

you have marks, he damaged your phone, took your phone from you preventing you from calling help (which is a crime all on its own), damaged your windows. hell yes call the police!! at all cost please do!! it’s not to late!! the marks are still there. take pictures if haven’t already

1 Like

Absolutely file charges!

1 Like

Yes yes yes… this time?

1 Like

You need to leave. Now

File charges. There is no excuse for the behavior and obviously it seems like this isn’t the 1st time. Please get away from him for your safety and the safety of your children

1 Like

Please call the authorities. This can only get worse.

2 Likes

Yes that’s all abuse. You should call ASAP

Girl yes he abused you!!! Why is that a question? File the report!!!

2 Likes

Call the police, have them take pictures, get the police report and file a protection order… so at least it’s all documented! Hes not going to change. He wont stop. Dont worry about, he clearly wasnt worried about you! Just do it!

1 Like

You need to contact police immediately. Press charges do not wait.

1 Like

Just because he didn’t punch you does not mean it’s not abuse

3 Likes

Press charges. Get an order of protection to.

3 Likes

Call the cops,press charges have his ass locked up,have a restraining order on him so he can’t come near you or at your home

1 Like

Press as many charges as you can and get a restraining order and if you are comfortable get a gun. Not saying kill him but definitely have it Incase he comes to do more damage then just injuries.

2 Likes

Yes he abused you. In fact that is assault. You need to contact the police as well as the court for an emergency restraining order. For you and your child(ten)s protection.
You don’t deserve to be treated like that. No one does.

1 Like

What would you tell your very best friend? Do that.

1 Like

You really need to get yourself and your child out of that situation immediately. Never allow your child to be in harms way. When someone is drunk or on drugs who knows what they will do.

Take pictures and make a report .

2 Likes

In WA state when he said you should be afraid and threatened to punch you that is called menacing it is a felony. Report him for your safety.

DO NOT WAIT!
Press charges immediately!! Anytime a man puts his hands on you in a disrespectful way you press charges

3 Likes

He’s abused you for a long time take your children somewhere safe where he can’t locate you and then press charges

2 Likes

There should be no question on what to do. File charges, get a PFA for you and your child, unless he’s not the father. Get the hell away from him before you or your child end up dead since you stated that this was not the first time. Put your child’s safety and your safety before your own emotions. It’s not easy, but you can do it.

2 Likes

Did he touch you in a way you did not ask for? You were abused. Abuse looks like a lot of things besides a punch in the face. Press charges. He is in the wrong. Also … you should ditch him love … you can do better!

Yes definitely abuse not only physical but mentally
Please call the police
Hoping you are ok

Under title 17-A . Obstructing report of crime or injury. Him taking your phone is a class D crime And because you guys have had prior relationship it would also fall under DV- assault. Do yourself a favor and file a report. My husband is a LEO and I’m also a domestic violence survivor from a previous relationship. I know it’s a scary call to make but it’s a call thats worth it.

2 Likes

Assault, property damage and Preventing someone from calling 911 are all major crimes.

2 Likes

I think you know the answer. Just call & make the report! Get a restraining order!

1 Like

Call the police and get a restraining order. They will lock him up if u have bruises. Take pic for later reference

3 Likes

Report him asap!!! Please!!!

Call the police! Thats abuse! Respect yourself you deserve peace

the fact that you said “but he didn’t this time” should tell you everything you need to know…get a 50b and run for everything you have in you

1 Like

You may not be lucky next time. Thank God I got out but my moms cousin didn’t. Please take this seriously if not for you for your son. Sending hugs and strength

Yes. Coming from somebody who seriously regrets never pressing charges, press charges. You need this officially recorded or later nobody will believe you.

All of that is abuse. Get the hell out of there now! Call the cops, get a pfa, do not believe anything he says.

1 Like

Please get help for yourself and your boy you don’t deserve anybof this . He should be reported for assault

3 Likes

Press charges and file for a restraining order and file or a order of protection on you and those babies

2 Likes

That’s still abuse and him leaving bruises is still aggravated assault and criminal damange to property.

1 Like

I’m so sorry this happened to you! I hope that you and your child(ren) are safe right now. In MI it is a felony to prevent someone from calling 911. It is also assault for grabbing you like that. I would highly recommend pressing charges so that Child Protective Services knows that you are protecting yourself and your child.

1 Like

If your not going to call police. U need to leave and never look back :speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head:

Sounds just like my old husband he was awful and yes press charges

Really? You don’t know if he abused you? HE DID. REPORT IT AND PRESS CHARGES.

1 Like

Press charges and get a restraining order now

1 Like

Definitely press charges and get a restraining order. Just because he didn’t punch you in the face this time doesn’t mean he won’t later. As you’ve clearly hinted he already has. That’s not someone you want showing your kid how a real man acts. Also get full custody.

1 Like

Tackling you and refusing to leave your property when asked to sounds like abuse to me. Threatening you with punching you and breaking your window is also abuse. That’s enough to get a restraining order which i would do asap if i were you especially if he’s on drugs. You may not live to tell the story next time!

What he did is still assault and intimidation.

Press charges.

Breaking someones phone so they can’t call for help is a felony in Michigan

1 Like

An Assault is an assault. Press charges.

If he has that rage potential with you, he could do the same to your son!

Take pictures, file charges, get a restraining order, etc… you have a child in the house and this is clearly not the first time you have been in danger… Next time it could be way worse than bruises… he needs help and until he gets it and stays clean things will not get better!! Tell family and friends so they are also aware of what is going on… best of luck to you!!

That is abuse and you shouldn’t be treated like that ever. He needs to learn that. Press charges.

2 Likes

Girl!!! Please get away!!! You deserve better. It may not have been physical abuse but it was metal abuse!!! Don’t take that!!! Show your kid that’s not who they wanna be around!!!

10000% yes. Press charges.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m prior law enforcement… This IS ABUSE. Abuse isn’t just punching you in the face! Abuse can be mental, emotional, physical, sexual… As someone who has PTSD from an abusive marriage, you need to press charges and GET AWAY. IT ONLY ESCALATES!

My ex-husband told my friends that it pissed him off that I wasn’t scared of him. I put up with it for 6 years until he choked me unconscious and gave me a concussion. He would have killed me had I stayed. And I have self-defense training from my 12 years in law enforcement. YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILD.

2 Likes

My question is, would you want your daughter to stay with a man that did that to her? What would your advice be to her? I venture to say you’d tell her to call the police and get the hell out!

1 Like

Press charges. Now.

He is a nut case
File charges. He needs to learn he can’t abuse you. Good luck and God bless you.

Call!! Please don’t be blind. It will get worse. Do it for your child if not for you!!

Press charges and get protective order!!
He assaulted you at your home at that!!

Breaking a phone when you are trying to call for help is a felony in Texas, my ex did this and they actually arrested him for this.

Press charges! It only takes 1 time for a not so “lucky” outcome.

Didn’t read the whole post but I read enuf to say PRESS-CHARGES IMMEDIATELY ! He will continue this behavior if he doesn’t face the consequences

YES!!! He assulted you press charges lady.

1 Like

Taking someone’s phone so they can’t call for help is borderline kidnapping and being held against your will. Damn straight inwould press charges

1 Like

You need to call the cops press charges and go to the hospital so they have it on record your injuries

Press charges, restraining order.

This is bad. Not okay. You don’t know if your life is in danger or not. Too many women are harmed by domestic violence. For your own safety, you should call to get some help. I’m sorry this happened to you. Don’t wait until it’s too late.

This is abuse he did this and hurt u and didnt even acknowledge or apoligise for it… i hope u can get away from him… next time u might not make it through​:sleepy: i hope ur ok but love u deserve better than that :100:

If he put his hands on you in any way then YES this is physical abuse and you have the bruises and cigarette burn to prove it! Dont let this go unpunished or you’ll only be asking for more!

1 Like

Babygirl abuse isnt always physical it can be verbally nd mentally , stay safe though mama what he did was wrong

Your ignorant if you don’t it will only be worse next time!

Press charges. Just because he didn’t punch you doesn’t mean he didn’t abuse you. He was trying to make you fear him. It is still abuse

You need to press charges on him and get somewhere safe

He doesn’t have a problem hurting you, why should you ?

Report it. Get checked out and get a TPO. and then arm yourself because that’s only a piece of paper and the police aren’t that quick. I’ve been there, done that. The moment I put my foot down and decided enough was enough, he made my life a living hell. Get out while you still can!

1 Like

Police, refrain from, order of protection, court dates, court fees…
Been in that situation even with a restraining order they have to catch him there- you are in a pickle but you can climb that muddy mountain! Look to see if there is a domestic violence organization around you and seek help from them. You have a kiddo so- it makes sense to have the law involved. This time he was drunk maybe under influence of drugs- the other times? I wish you well, be safe and try to trust your gut. Your child gets to see mom all bruised and broken don’t be broken- never ever let him get close enough to touch you, and get some counseling- this shit gets in your head and trust me ya need to voice it.

Honey that is physical and emotional abuse! Report, document and get a restraining order ASAP! Do not fall for his victim cry baby bullshit! He is going to try to guilt trip you! Don’t even give him the time of day! Save yourself and your family from years of heartache NOW

He absolutely did! He took your phone so you couldn’t call for help, he left you bruised with burn marks. Please don’t gaslight yourself into thinking it wasn’t assault/abuse.

It’s still abuse even if it’s not physical and how I see it is he tackled you that right there is physical! Sister you need to get a protection of abuse order, and if he comes around get a stocking order on him to,don’t let that man back in your house or next time it might be worse …

Omg… charge the bastard! What else is to be done? Bake him a cake!?.. he has many charges against him by what you’ve shared. Take pics of everything he’s done.

Press charges oh YES…
YOU NUTS NOT TO HAVE REPORTED IT ON THE SPOT

1 Like

Is this for real? Bruh. So it’s only abuse if he punches you? Not if he throws you into the wall? Or into the ground? Not if he hits you with things that won’t leave marks? It’s only abuse if he is PUNCHING you specifically? Girl, PRESS CHARGES. Good grief. It’s physical abuse if he is intentionally trying to hurt you.

2 Likes

Absolutely that is abuse!

Yes. Call the cops press charges get an OP.

He assaulted you. You can press charges and have him arrested. Take pictures of your bruises to have proof.

From someone who was severely abused by my ex for over 8 years. CALL THE FUCKING COPS. PRESS CHARGES. DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO BE SAFE. I never did and even though he is in federal prison now for other charges, I fear for my life daily when he gets out. Abuse is abuse. It doesn’t matter how “bad” you think it is or not. Call!

2 Likes