Should I press charges?

Everything he did was abusive, definitely (and technically)!!! You need to get away from him, and yes charge him.

Press charges so they believe you if anything were to happen again. Get a firearm and get trained. If you don’t believe in having one there are self defense classes. I hope things get better but you have to stick up for yourself.

Absolutely you should have him charged. Once this behaviour starts, it doesn’t stop. Think about it this way… If he treated your son like that would you think he needs to be charged??? It’s no different because it’s you. Keep reminding yourself, you deserve better.

Yes he physiclly and mentally abused you. You need to get a restraining order, and press charges against him and also for property damage

This is abuse. Get away from him immediately babe!

I’ll put it this way, would you press charges against someone who did this same exact thing to your child? We sometimes forget our worth, while simultaneously going above and beyond to make sure our children are respected, cared for, and loved - don’t forget you’re somebody’s daughter too, and you deserve all those things as well. If you would press charges on someone who abused your child in a heartbeat, I think the answer is clear.

3 Likes

Hell yeah press charges and don’t look back!

What’s so scary is you keep referring to 'this time’s. Girl! There shouldnt be anytime that is acceptable for anyone to put hands on your or tackle you to the point where you are physically injured. Time to leave. Your son is watching (might not this time because it was 4am) and you don’t want him to learn this behavior. Leave and never look back!

4 Likes

Why does there have to be a this time or next time!!! No man should EVER put his hands on a woman… How do you know there will be a next time? By allowing this, your teaching your son that this is ok… Please go get help! Get a restraining order or something…

Yea he absolutely did! Gosh this is distressing you even have to ask. I just want to give you hug. Go to the police please.

I am so sorry that you don’t recognise abuse, it isn’t always physical. But in this case yes, he did abuse you. He disrespected your boundaries and physically hurt you. Please call the police and press charges, take photos of all over injuries, also go over to your neighbour and report to them what happened so they’re aware and can call the police if he returns :heartpulse:

2 Likes

The things I found most alarming I’m this post is that several times the OP defended the ex. Protect yourself and your child/children. This is NOT okay.

:pray:t3::heart:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s abuse.

Assault and Battery
Malicious destruction of property
Endangering a child

Goodbye and good riddance. File the charges and get a ppo.

1 Like

Girl yes that’s abuse?! Just bc he didn’t punch you doesn’t mean he didn’t abuse you.

2 Likes

Coming from an abusive relationship I’d have to agree with Ashley Karpel on this one but keep in mind an order of protection is just a piece of paper. You have to be very diligent in “watching your own back” and be very aware of your surroundings at all times! Abuse comes in many forms. My best help getting out and keeping my children and I safe came not from an order of protection ( yes I had one for my children and myself) but from a women’s abuse shelter in my area, Freedom House. Abuse RARELY ever gets better. I’m very thankful we were fortunate enough to survive but I had a family member that didn’t survive her abuser. So been there survived that but will NEVER let my guard down even tho my children are now adults.

1 Like

Also highly recommend counseling for you and your children. I was bought up by a amazing set of parents who instilled in me to never take any kind of abuse from anyone. And I really thought man I’d never put up with that until I was so deep in it that I didn’t know how to get out of it. Abuse on any form really screws with your head. I really and seriously thought this really isn’t abuse, it’s really not that bad etc. getting out and getting thru it isn’t easy. Easier said than done!

That abuse that are chargeable. Destruction of property alone should make you eligible for a restraining order

At any time someone puts their hands on you with the intent to do harm or with out permission is assualt.

1 Like

REPORT his ass. If you don’t who knows what he may do to the next girl. He physically laid hands on you as well as took your property away so you couldn’t call for help then damaged a window. Don’t let him get away with that you deserve better.

Yes this is abuse…you don’t even need to ask. Report it now. Next time you could be dead.

He physically tackled you to the ground and you got hurt because of it…what part of that doesn’t scream abuse?! YES!!! It’s abuse and I would press charges. Take care of it now before it gets to be to late.

It is illegal to take someone’s phone the way he did…or at least it is in Michigan…thats a big crime

ma’am…as a victim you should never down play your trauma (he didn’t do x this time or it could have been worse or its been worse before.) The point is he put his hands on you, has substance abuse issues and (the least of my worries) he damaged your personal property. You press FULL charges on that man child, you get yourself a protective order AND you take his ass to court for those damages while he is sitting there and rotting on DA charges. If he has the money to have all those substance abuse issues, he has the money to pay for those things to be replaced while he sits in grown up “time out.” Protect yourself, press charges, and heal. You’re a victim, you don’t have to downplay your trauma or abuse

3 Likes

He layed his hands on you, so YES, especially with whatever else is happening. Get protection and help, now

Umm yes … he grabbed you tackled you down and you have bruises regardless is the burn was “on accident “ that is abuse

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I press charges against my ex? - Mamas Uncut

The next time you might be lucky enough like me to wake up in ICU with permanent damage and health issues or you might not be so lucky and be dead… if you don’t do it for yourself at least do it to protect your children… for years I didn’t call cops and dealt with abuse until I was knocked out cold almost dead in my driveway by the man I loved most in this world. He doesn’t love you if he can do those things… you need to press charges and move on and stay strong for yourself and kids… I will be praying for you to have the strength to do what you need to :heart:

8 Likes

My Husband back in 2004 was Drunk driving but Police brought him back home. He waited until they left then he Hit me hard on my Right Jaw ( broke it ) it Immediately Bruised . Purple and blue. I Called Cops back. They seen my Jaw . Took him to Jail for 6 Days , he had to take Anger Management Classes. I packed up next day Uhaul Truck moved out and Never went back 3rd time. They cant do that to you .

1 Like

I know that abuse is abuse and what you said is def abuse please get away like others have said next time you might not be so lucky yes in my opinion you should press charges because you should always have it on record in case something else happens js will be praying for you and your child/children because they may not have you if you continue to put up with it and no one should ever put up with abuse i agree with everyone else also i have been through it my self and it never gets better and i thought oh i love him it wont happen again well i was wrong i got it worse the next time and i mean worse wont go into detail but i left by saying i was going to a birthday party with my children and went and hid for 2 weeks till court and i won and got pfa ,and my house back but left with the clothes on our back and a change of clothes for kids thats was the best thing i ever did and never looked back now he has a new wife in same situation so it def never gets better any onr that is abused or being abused should press charges i know its scary i was scared daily for me and my children but he went to jail for breaking his pfa a couple times then he just left me alone

YES, most definitely this is domestic violence.
File a report with local law enforcement, have them take pictures of your burn and bruises as well as broken phone and car window.
KEEP A JOURNAL
It’s the best resource you will have should you go to court. Date, time, event is all you need.
HE stated you should fear him, and you should.
I was a domestic violence detective for many years. When someone behaves in such a manner, their emotions and drugs and or alcohol are controlling them. The words “your Honor, I didn’t mean to really hurt her, I just wanted to scare her straight” still ring in my ears…heard it too many times.
Please file a police report, you don’t have to file charges at this time…but you have documentation should you need it.
If you want to file charges…you go girl…also get an ex parte or order of protection.
Cameras are awesome to have around your home if that is possible.
Good luck and if I can be of any help …send me a direct message

1 Like

I did not read the whole post… Of course press charges! Do not be silent it will only empower to do more next time. He assaulted you.

Honestly I was sexually assaulted by our gardener 3 months ago. I filed charges because I did not want him to do this ever again. There are two little girls down the hill where he also worked. He stole my piece of mind. I have court on the 27th. I will be there if the district attorney calls me on the 26th. We all know someone that has been assaulted. If there is one there is ten women. Many people tolerate abuse. They allow there children to see it and that it is OK. File.

It kept running through my mind. I couldn’t stop the loop of visuals that kept running on and on for 3 days. I finally wrote it all down so I didn’t have to think about it anymore. Please don’t wait.

1 Like

Press charges! He put hands on you girl! He threatened and harassed you! Geta protection order. Take pictures of the burn and bruises and all property damage! Abuse is abuse…whether or not he punched you this time is immaterial. That statement broke my heart. You are strong and tough and will get through this!

10 Likes

Yes he abused you! Emotional, verbal, psychological and physical are all abuse wether it was accidental or on purpose.
Call the police and file a report!
Go to court and file out the form for a restraining order!
Go see a lawyer to start divorce proceedings and custody and child support paperwork. They will also get you off of the lease and utilities and get you back your share of the security deposit.

9 Likes

YES!! He committed assault and battery!! Domestic Violence!! And I think it’s a felony to take someone’s phone so that they cannot dial 911. Report This Abuse To The Law Enforcement Immediately!!! :pray::pray::pray:

13 Likes

File a report!! That’s is considered a terrorist threat (felony) not to mention the other things he did. Get a restraining order n get help. I’m sorry this happened to you. But take action now!!! Get cameras on your place.

3 Likes

Girl…PRESS CHARGES! Yes he abused you…and sounds like it’s not the 1st time…him taking ur phone so u couldn’t call for help is a charge in itself…no man is worth losing ur life for…it will only get worse

10 Likes

He most definitely abused you you have bruises on you plus he destroyed your property I would definitely be pressing charges and making him pay for that stuff

13 Likes

Stopping someone from calling for help is a felony!! Him taking your phone away to prevent you getting help is a felony. So YES press charges.

7 Likes

Hun ALL of that is abuse. No judgment. I’ve been in an abusive relationship. Finally stopped watering down and stopped giving his actions and choices excuses! Took a gun to the head to get out ASAP. I took my dog and bounced hard. You have a kid to think about. Fuck that behavior. Drugs and alcohol and past trauma are not a good enough excuse. That boy needs serious help that you are not trained to deal with.

20 Likes

Press charges and get a restraining order immediately!! Get out now while you still can for your child and for yourself! This man is abusive in every sense of the word!

8 Likes

If he laid a finger on you and left a mark yes. Not only did he physically abuse you he mentally abused you and then he did damage to your proberty fuck yes press charges

4 Likes

He put hands on you. He damaged your property (car window & phone). He threatened you. You need to choose to stay or get out of it. My suggestion is to remove yourself from him or get a Tpo to restrain him from coming around. If your son is living in all this then in Dfcs outlook is you are allowing it around the child if you don’t try to stop it or get out/away from it. What would I do? Press charges. Get tpo. Leave him. Seek help with a domestic violence program for housing and abusive mental relief. Stay strong. I’ve been through it too. Oh and remember God doesn’t tolerate abuse either.

1 Like

He laid his fingers on you !!!
Assault ABH !!!
Take photos of your injuries and contact the police ASAP x
He is an ex for a reason !!!

4 Likes

You should press charges for all the above!!! He may not have hit you “this time” but next time he just may kill you. Dont take a chance with your life like that, get away from him and get a restraining order

1 Like

It is abuse. I’m so sorry that this has been happening to you. You sound a lot like I did before I left my now ex husband. You get so used to being treated badly that you aren’t even sure what to do if anything. Turn him in. It could escalate to worse and your kid needs you.

1 Like

I’m really unsure why your asking for validation, do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family…no body deserves to be treated like that.
Lay the chargers and make him accountable for his actions.
Also put a protection order in place.
STAY STRONG, its to easy not to.

2 Likes

Yes he did abuse you. Threats are abuse. Tackling some one is abuse. Yes press charges. Sounds like he needs help and if he follows through with the threats you can be in danger.

10 Likes

You have bruises yes that is physical abuse. You need to press charges get him arrested and off the streets who knows what he will do next time. He physically harmed you, and damaged property. And by telling you that hes going to punch you in the face is a threat. I hope all turns out for you and hes out of your life for the sake of you and your child.

1 Like

You have got three kinds of abuse: physical, verbal and emotional abuse!

Yes you should report him, he has made threats and who knows what he could potentially be like next time, dont wait around for that!

1 Like

Absolutely this is abuse and domestic violence. Don’t every question it. If he restrained you, hurt you ro made you feel unsafe it is abuse

1 Like

Quit making excuses that he accidentally burned you. He already decided he was going to attack you therefore he’s at fault. Trust me he’ll do it again and again. Press charges to the fullest.

1 Like

You were abused. Notify police and follow through by pressing charges. Next time your son maybe involved.

1 Like

To me he definitely needs to get hel. Abuse is abuse no matter how you look at this situation. This needs addressed NOW hopefully they get him where he needs to be as well as place you in a protective place so healing can begin. Things will only get worse and for what ever reason why he needs to be delt with legally before others get hurt again.

1 Like

This time, this time. How many times has he laid his hands on you. Baby, there are people out there that will help you get out of that situation. You are NOT and never will be a punching bag for a coward. Stand up, walk tall and proud and take your babies and go. Do everything legal, police, custody but stand proud of who you are. Don’t hate, that is a waste of time and energy. Forgive and move forward to be the AWESOME person that GOD created and rear those babies so that they know you are a warrior for yourself and for them.

1 Like

Um hello just going back to the property and raising his voice saying bad things burning you all abuse honey.

1 Like

Press them charges for the safety and wellbeing of not only yourself but your child also. Take pictures of every mark left by him. And a hole in your arm is not an accident… Especially if he was already abusing you.

1 Like

The way he was treating you, effectively TERRORIZING you, is 100% abuse! Any time someone loses control of themselves and threatens you in any manner they are abusing you! Doesn’t matter if he never even touched you! Abuse comes in many forms!

1 Like

ok so what part of this are you questioning???..you are clearly an abused partner making excuses for his actions…report him to police…next time he may “accidently” kill you and your son’s next birthday may be without you…ijs

1 Like

Yes press charges and get a restraining order if you have to. He didn’t punch you THIS time but next time, more than likely there will be a next time he could do way worse.

1 Like

It only gets worse from here. Press charges get out while u can . I’ve lived through much worse and am lucky to be alive. This is only the beginning. Get out now.

That is all abuse as outlined in the statutes. All he has to do is make you feel afraid for it to be abuse. Call the cops because next time it might be your kids that he puts his hands on

1 Like

If you spot on someone it is considered an attack. So it seems pretty clear. If he touched you at all, that is wrong and you can and should press charges. Next time he might have a gun or knife and you won’t get to walk away. Press charges! I didn’t and lived in fear for many years

If you are asking if he abused you this time because you really don’t know, you’ve been abused for a long time and you need to get some help. And yeah press charges if you can, you usually have to do it the day of I would think but maybe not.

1 Like

Press charges against him. Don’t allow him to get away with anything and if possible stop by your local er for pictures and documentation of what happened

1 Like

Love isn’t supposed to hurt at all, he threatened and attacked you. Those are all forms of abuse.

1 Like

Yes he did abuse you and you need to file a report and get a protection order next time you might not be so lucky

1 Like

OMG women, what dos he have to do, stab you in front of your son, Yes, charge him, before he snatches your son from school or physically hurts You so Your son has No one… HE Abused You, He threatened Your physical person… Don’t wait to call when it’s too late!!!

1 Like

The fact that you used the phrase “this time” speaks volumes, honey. Please press charges before you end up seriously hurt or worse.

1 Like

Yes he did and if u dont do anything about he will continue till he kills u…it is not ok to put ur hands on anyone and not knowing he needs help but u do need to file a police report

1 Like

Absolutely! He abused you. Even if you decide not to press charges, file the report. He may get to the point where you need to put him away for not only you’re safety but his as well and the more you have on file for him, the better.

1 Like

If you gotta ask, then do it. Its obvious abuse. & if you don’t do something now about it, who’s to say it’s not gonna happen again, eventually it’ll get worse. Press charges, be done with the dude. Idc if he’s under the influence or not, that’s no reason or excuse to act like that. Get away from him!

1 Like

I hope you took pictures and YES you need to report him…I hope you did already! One day it might be your son or one day you might not live to tell anybody!

1 Like

Call the cops or go press charges. You wouldn’t have a burn hole in your arm if he hadn’t tackled you. No it’s not an accident!! Girl, this is how women end up dead. They keep sticking up for these abusers. Press charges have pictures taken go to the hospital so there’s records and get an emergency restraining order. Your daughter shouldn’t be subjected to this violent behavior. He’s threatened you already. He will follow through. Alcohol and meth are pretty bad concoctions. Get out and stay out!

1 Like

Assault does not have to leave a mark. Assault is unwanted touching. He is way past all that. Please tell us that you are calling!

1 Like

He absolutely without a doubt abused you mentally and physically. You should definitely press charges

Call the police and explain what he did. He did in fact assault you and should face charges!

If you have to ask yourself if that is abuse you need to get mental health help for yourself.

Run as fast as you can. What he did to you was horrible. I watched that happen to my mom.

Domestic Violence, press charges! Not okay. It’s a felony in itself to take the phone so someone can’t call the police

Any time anyone touches you by any kind of force … it is abuse

You are in serious danger from this person

You need to get yourself in a safe place and into counseling

TAKE PICTURES OF BRUISES AND BURNS AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANYTHING INLCUDING THE CAR WINDOW take his ass to court and press charges that’s abuse!!! File for a restraining order

I would press charges for sure but please don’t go though with pressing charges and take him back.

You need to leave him and run away as fast as you can away from him he’s dangerous he can kill you there’s women shelters there’s 911 there’s a police there’s hotlines call them

File assault and terroristic threatening charges and have him arrested. Do not allow him to beg you off either.

Abuse! Abuse! Abuse! All of that is Abuse. Call the cops and report it or it’ll just get worse from there and make sure to get a protective order.

Are you serious? Physically harmed you and vandalized your property. Yes!

You better turn his ass in!!! Don’t let him get away with it. You didn’t deserve that. And he doesn’t deserve to be out and able to hurt others

Its all abuse my ex did that a lot plus its verbally abuse you don’t need to have that

Any form of unwanted touch is assault. It could be an unwanted poke on the arm with a finger, still assault. Yes press charges.

U need to press charges no man should ever put hands on a women. U don’t need that around ur son. If u don’t do something what happens if ur son thinks it’s ok to do that to a women

Also let your neighbours know too so if they see or hear anything suspicious or unsafe to help/call for help

Let’s see what charges we can find here…
Assault and battery
Vandalism
Domestic abuse
it’s a stretch, but maybe grand larceny for stealing your phone.

In this incident, taken at face value, you were physically, verbally, and emotionally abused. Just because he didn’t “repetitively punch me in the face” doesn’t mean you weren’t physically abused. You have a burn and multiple bruises to show physical abuse, and the threat of additional violence is psychological abuse.

You need to get away from him. It’s going to get worse, believe me. Get a restraining order AND a gun. That piece of paper can only protect you so much. Good luck.

Get legal advice. He seems to have addictions problems. He needs to go to a 30 day program to learn about his addiction. And he has a hand problem.

Take pic of your bruises and ur damages and write down everything that happen is case u need it and call and press charges and leave

Absolutely he abused you. Assault on a female I believe is a felony!!call the cops!!

Yes report everything take pictures of the bruises and take out 50b on him to stay away from you and your children and change the locks on the house asap

1 Like

Yes that is absolutely abuse don’t put up with it next time he could do worse

It IS abuse! He tackled you, destroyed your property. Have him arrested immediately. No mercy for that kind of behavior!!

Yes call it is abuse! Go get a restraining order for him to stay away!