Should I take another pregnancy test?

So I got my Birth control out the beginning of June, we have had sex since then. Well, yesterday 7/3 I had brown discharge, so I thought I was getting my period, well today 7/4 I only have thick, white Mucas looking stuff… I took a test about a week and a half ago, and it was negative it is my body just getting ready for a period or should I test again? I got told I was fertile as soon as it came out.

84 Likes

Yes take another one! Same thing happened to me

1 Like

Get a blood test at your clinic and follow up with a health care professional

1 Like

I would take another one

1 Like

Take another test for sure!

1 Like

Take another one if not wait another week

Most tests are only accurate 5 days before your missed period, not a week and a half… sometimes it could be to early to tell… so I would definitely take another one!

1 Like

Wait a week test again honestly for two pregnancies even though I just knew I came up negative for the first ten weeks.

1 Like

Get another test because birth control can stop your period. You can never be too sure.

Wait a week or two and take another test. Doctor was suppose to tell you that you needed to wait at least a month before having sex. (I’m assuming its the pill)

Same thing happened to me and my second test was positive

I would wait a week or two and test again. If you’re trying do all the things that’ll prepare such as avoid alcohol, tobacco and toxins. Drink plenty of water, take vitamins and get good rest. Good luck!

If your period is due and has not started then take a test. If you are pregnant it would be positive by now. If it’s negative and you still don’t get a period test again in a few days. It could take a little while for your body to get back to normal after birth control. It could be either

I would take another one. Thats exactly when I got pregnant with my son. Never had a period in between removal and pregnancy

Same thing happened to me but I haven’t tested. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Could just be your body regulating. I’d go to the doctors to know for sure

1 Like

I’m 7 weeks postpartum and have had a mucousy discharge. When you ovulate you’re discharge is supposed to be like mucous, so it could easily just be your body getting back into your cycle and ovulating.

1 Like

I’d take another test. It would be positive by now if you were. Also, if you just stopped taking birth control a month ago, your periods will be off for a while.

1 Like

I got told I was very fertile I thought it was a joke and here I am 6 months prego :woman_facepalming: take another test…nd if u can go take one from ur doc office

Same thing happened to me and didn’t get a positive test for another two weeks after

Take another one. Worst case scenario, it’s negative, you still have symptoms, and just find out a little later.

I mean, take a test, but your body could just be readjusting still too. It really depends on what kind if bc you were on and for how long.

1 Like

sound like u are going to have a baby good luck😙

That happens often the first couple months off and on coming off birth control. I would say check with a doctor to be sure though.

Maybe test again just to make sure. Maybe your birth control is causing that as well.

The brown discharge is old blood.
The thick mucus is you oulating.(should get your period 10-14 days later)
If you are LATE, get a test for sure.

1 Like

I’d be making an appt with my gym I also!

I had light implant bleeding and had to wait another two weeks to get a positive. So, maybe,…?

Just test can’t hurt

Sounds like you are ovulating where are you in your cycle?

Were your periods pretty normal & on time? Is it time for your period? If you answered yes it could be that your pregnant, some test won’t show until you have produced enough pregnancy hormones in your body. I would call your prescribing Dr and ask him/her. .you can also ask to talk to their nurse, she’ll be able to answer your question. They’ll tell you if you need to go in

1 Like

BE NICE! Sometimes people just need some reassurance or to hear they’re not nuts.
That being said, yes call your doctor bc thats always the safest bet. I got pregnant within 6 weeks of having an IUD removed. Everyone is different.

2 Likes

This happened with me when I stopped birth control. It is the gelatinous goo being shed from your uterus since you stopped the birth control.
But always check with your OBGYN to be safe.

1 Like

I can’t believe all these people saying to just talk to a dr and being SO RUDE. YES talk to a dr BUT, also… take another test. I had brown bloody discharge 3 days before finding out I was pregnant. And then thicker white discharge throughout the pregnancy, now at 37 weeks it’s more than it ever has been. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Seems like you need to clean out your coochy. That is not a good look. SeeK a doctor.

21 Likes

Seriously!!! Call your OBGYN and ask them - they’re more QUALIFIED to answer your question - possible an appointment is needed!!

12 Likes

This happened with me and I tested the next day & it was negative then I tested a week later & it was positive

1 Like

It could be your body trying to get used to the BC. But if t
It would help you feel better, go ahead and take that test!

It can take up to a year to start having normal periods again after birth control. But, I would do a test just to be sure.

2 Likes

Certain information is gender sensitive; either ask your doctor because we live in the ‘doctor era’ or create some safe space for a productive discussion

First, you can spot during your first trimester. It’s actually quite common, and some women will spot for the entire duration of their pregnancy when they would normally have their period.

Second, ignore all these rude assholes who would rather put someone down than either answer the question or keep their mouths shut.

11 Likes

I would talk to your doctor. You can take a test at the office and have an evaluation to see what’s going on

I would retest. Takes a while sometimes to show up. It did for me.

I don’t think this type of post should be on here. Did you ever of TMI? Too much information

I went to a doctor with this concern and it was just the change in discharge. Nothing bad. But it’s best to speak to a doctor to be sure. Your body is probably going back to normal prior to using birth control.

Is fb doctors? Why r u asking strangers for medical advice. Go to a doctor

12 Likes

Seriously ask your gynecologist why are u putting this out there really

32 Likes

You should be talking to a doctor not a bunch of people you don’t know and probably don’t have medical degrees. I wish you well.

27 Likes

With all the harsh comments I’d join a woman’s group that their sole purpose is to help one another through things like this. Best of luck and definitely check with your ob

Starting a new BC can mess up your cycle cause heavy or light bleeding. If you dont get a period in the next few days, just test again.

Well, depending on the type of sex (protected or not) your body could be trying to clean itself, if you’ve ever watched The Doctors, you know the vagina is a self cleaning oven

It could be either, or something else. Take the test. Call your doctor and ask them after you get your results.

1 Like

Before the EPT I had to go to The doctor to find out I was pregnant but my symptoms were the same as yours.

1 Like

Birth control out? What type of birth control? (Implant? Iud? Nuvaring?)This would dictate the next probably progression of things

I’d take a test because my discharge always changed when I was pregnant. Either way call your OBGYN and have things checked out

3 Likes

Its likely the hormones changing. It takes at least a cycle for your body to be ready again.

Could be implantation bleeding, I would wait a few days and test again!

1 Like

Took out my IUD beginning of July last year found out I was 4 weeks pregnant the first week in august so it could be possible

1 Like

Wait 2 weeks and then if its still an issue test again. Other than that if the discharge gets worse please call your doctor and be seen. I am proud of you for not being afraid to ask this question as too many women are afraid or embarrassed. U go girl!

Why would you ask complete strangers with no medical knowledge about your health problems?

Go talk to your doctor. FB people are not qualified to diagnose.

5 Likes

I think ur periods is in the way to come so that’s y discharge is ozing out. No need to worrry .

I’ve had 9 children… You’re Furtile !

Its normal as your body adjust to no birth control.

Maybe a doctor would be the one to ask?

Wait 8 days and try test again. you could be.

Your body is getting ready for a period.

Instead of putting all this on fb just go to your Dr. Sorry for you though.

Omg I can’t believe this is on social media. Don’t people speak to any friends if family in person, on the the phone? Weird

Thick white mucous is what I had during My early pregnancy. Just take another test

Well take a test, if your not maybe its ovulation

Call your o b/ gym, and talk to the nurse. She can tell you if you need to come for a visit.

3 Likes

I’d do another test - are you late in your period, yet? Any pregnancy symptom? Usually, 2 to 3 wks late in your period should confirm you’re pregnant unless your cycle runs late nornally.

dont ask questions like this on socail media, call your doctor. and btw…TMI.

12 Likes

Sounds like your body adjusting to the pill. But, it takes minimum 2 weeks for the pill to start working, and that’s if you start it right after your last period. If you start it at a different time it could be longer. I’d read the info on the packet, it’s pretty helpful

Why is this on Facebook? Go to the doctor

Ok everyone needs to stop being bitches on here. Honey go to the Dr. Just to be safe.

2 Likes

Go see Dr but it seems like ur getting ready for a period. Good luck :+1:

Yes sounds like an infection see dr

Sounds like you should consult your OB.

2 Likes

Be safe go to the doctor

none are doctors here hun. go to a doctor, get checked!!

1 Like

Everyone saying go to ur dr fb isnt a dr this ppl dnt know anything… Well listen here all u ppl asking about ur marriages and kids and family go talk yo a counselor fb isnt a counselor! Y’all sound stupid! Girl it could be ur hormones changing or you could be pregnant after i got off my bc i got pregnant with in 3 months and i had that same discharge thinking i was ganna get my period. it all depends on ur body!good luck to you wish u the best!:heart:

1 Like

Not a post to put on social media

1 Like

I don’t think this is something that should be put on FB. Go to the doctor.

Doctor! Only ask your Dr!

I would put a call in to your Ob/gyn or at least family dr to be on safe side. Ignore the assholes on here

This is tmi call your doctor

1 Like

You should be asking your Doctor!

Ask your doctor, not the public. This is a private situation.

Sounds like you are ovulating

Can’t hurt to test again

How bout. Go to the damn doctor girl

Get a test and see a doctor

You need to see a Dr.

If you don’t start soon go get checked for BV (bacterial vaginosis) or trich (trichomoniasis)

I dont know why everyone has to be assholes its a simple yes or no question if you like her question just simply scroll through no need to be a douch about it no need to reply to this because i just ignore it

32 Likes

wow what an ignorant group of fucks. it’s an innocent question

10 Likes

Phones have free apps that track your period , would recommend getting that will help you to keep track of your cycles.

3 Likes

Go on amazon and order a bundle of the dip stick pregnancy test you get like 50 for $7