Should I take my child to the ER for ear pain?

Yes needs antibiotics

I’ve heard that vicks on a cotton ball and put in the ear helps. My children haven’t had ear aches so I haven’t tried it yet but I’ve heard that from many people that it worked

The ER is not a place to go for an ear ache! Go to urgent care or call his pediatrician

1 Like

When my kids get ear aches I put peroxide in their ear and let it bubble for 5 min works wonders every time

2 Likes

l Get paid over $111 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14419 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPayDay37.pages.dev/

Try to get an appointment in the morning and do urgent care if you can’t get one today. It’s going to be a long wait in the er.

I start with, swim ear drops.
If it’s water in the ear that usually dries it up.
If that doesn’t work I factor in allergies. Sudafed helps me.
I will definitely take ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory for pain.
When all that doesn’t work for me it’s a doctor’s visit for oral antibiotics or ear drops.

You should have ear drops handy for nights like these my son gets them so frequently and they are miserable. We do Tylenol , ear drops and warm towel helps us through many nights. Then take them in urgent care next day if needed is peds is booked to get a look at the ear

Uhm ear pain is the worst if you can’t see regular doc go to ER it’s literally unbearable until antibiotics are given

2 Likes

If you have a cvs with a minute clinic that would be your best bet and you can make an appointment online

Sweet oil will help tremendously. U warm it one soon with lighter but don’t get it hot just little warm. pour it in infected ear put cotton ball in the ear to keep oil in n it will help tons.

You can always call ER and they can assist.

dont take uo space for an ear ache. that’s almost as ridiculous as being taken to er for sniffles and cough :unamused::roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t2: which ive heard before. my son had 105temp n the person in front of me there kid has runny nose n cough. like no. please dont… u have a pediatrician for a reason.

2 Likes

Alot of yall havent had painful ear infections and it shows. When I was a kid I used to get them all the time. Thankfully my mom listened to me with one real bad one and took me to the ER. It was bad. Dr said thank God I was taken in bc I could’ve suffered hearing damage.

2 Likes

After leaving My Previous Job 9 months prior, i’ve Had a best of luck to Learn about this site which was A life-line f0r me… They 0ffer positions F0r which People can w0rk online From their home. My most recent check After w0rking for them for 6 m0nths was f0r $15969…
Astounding thing about is that The main thing required is straight forward Typing abilities and access T0 internet…

Learn about IT Here… https://AmazingDollars127.pages.dev

Pediatrician first, if not available then urgent care, if that were not available then ER should be course of treatment providers for a possible ear infection

2 Likes

Herb Pharm Mullein Garlic Herbal Oil - 1 Ounce https://a.co/d/1CbXniY this one really works, external use only. But go to the doctor, order this one for the future, kids tend to have ear infections :frowning: but this brands products always work on my son. And 100% natural

Avoid the ER! You risk exposing your already sick child to other illnesses and you are guaranteed a long wait time because earaches are not emergencies. Keep him comfy until you can bring him to urgent care or his pediatricians office.

I personally would. Something could have crawled in his ear, you never know.

2 Likes

Well this depends on how old the child is. If they’re under 1 I would probably take them to the er. But if they are 2 or older I would just wait until the morning and bring him to his regular dr. Call his pediatrician now because they have someone on call 24/7 ask what you can do. They may tell you to give him ibuprofen for the pain because it works better for inflammation type pain, which is what happens from an earache. Bringing a young child to the er is always going to be risky because they just aren’t trained for children’s care as well and an earache isn’t exactly an emergency. Yes it can be one of the worst pains for anyone especially a child but the er won’t do anything you can’t do at home and get right to the dr in the morning.

3 Likes

Go to the doctor somewhere

Ear ache not a true medical emergency, and the ER is not an appropriate place to seek this kind of care. Make a doc appt with a pediatrician when the clinics open. The ear is going to hurt for another week no matter where you take him, and it will be several hundreds less in medical bills.

4 Likes

Camphophenique is the only thing that helps my ear pain I’ve delt with since I was very young

If Tylenol is not taking the pain and discomfort away the child should definitely go to the ER.

If you are concerned I would call a nurse help line. Often times medical facilities offer then, they are listed on the back of insurance cards as well. Next time you see your doctor ask them if they have a local nurse line, many times you can call them and ask to speak to a nurse first to see if they feel it’s of urgent matter.

If you can, call his Dr first. If they can’t get him in, go to the ER.

1 Like

My Mom put warm wash clothes on my ear. After my tonsils were taken the problem went away.

1 Like

Hola Natali a tu hijito le duele el Oído

Urgent care. Less wait. Less people.

If just a normal ear infection/ear ache then no I wouldn’t go to ER. If the child is in alot of pain screaming/crying and nothing is calming them down or helping them yes.

Better to see his regular Dr or go to urgent care. If he is only “bothered” by the pain, no need to waste resources by going to the ER.

1 Like

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16674 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarProfits1778.pages.dev/

If nothing had worked by now take him to the ER or as someone said previously call the nurse help line they ll tell you if really need to go to ER. Hope your kid feels better fast. Good luck Mama

I’m a little little late :woman_facepalming: but when my son was younger I call the after hrs nurse and she told me to warm up some oil and put it in his ear him laying sideways and it really worked never complained the next day:) sometimes it can get blocked which it could cause discomfort and pain .

1 Like

I spent years taking my son to the ER back in the day. He was on continuous antibiotics. Finally we got tubes put in his ears and he never had a problem again. I gave him Tylenol for pain. Take him to the ER if he is in a lot off pain.

1 Like

How old is he. It could be his
Molars