Should I tell my boyfriend he may not be the father?

My boyfriend and I split up for a week and I have a one night stand…I ended up finding out I was pregnant a month later but now I am unsure who the father could be…my boyfriend decided to give us another chance because of my pregnancy and now idk how to tell him the baby might be his…i dont think what i did when we were split up is any of his business and i know if i tell him the kid may not be his…he will walk away again…am i wrong to keep this secret? the other guy doesnt even know and I dont even have his phone number…what do I do?

167 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I tell my boyfriend he may not be the father?

Just wait till you have the baby … don’t stress out

8 Likes

You should be honest

6 Likes

If he only got back with you because of the baby, it probably isnt going to work out anyway. You shouldnt stay in a relationship just because of the kids

1 Like

Ultrasound, gives you a timeline ! You’ll know once you get your results

8 Likes

He definitely deserves to know the truth…… :exploding_head:

15 Likes

Be honest about it! Because if you aren’t and later on in life it comes out, it could turn out to be very bad

11 Likes

Oof. I would say be honest

2 Likes

I know that is going to be hard as hell but the truth always comes home

3 Likes

Please tell him the truth. You can’t let him go thinking it’s his the entire pregnancy because if it comes out not, that would be pretty sad.

1 Like

He deserves to know. If he only got back with you because of the pregnancy then he’s trying to be a good guy. The least you could do is be honest with him.

86 Likes

Yes, you should tell him. It’s better to know now rather than later

1 Like

Have dna test after baby born, just wait and see

2 Likes

DNA is the only way this gonna be solved… you just need to have a sit down conversation and be honest… you don’t want to go into another try at a relationship with such a heavy burden on you.

3 Likes

You need to tell him and let him make the choice he feels is right for him. Don’t be shady and hide it

5 Likes

Honesty is the best thing.

4 Likes

I’m sorry sweetheart but if you think you’re ready to have a baby you better be ready to get real honest about a lot of things in life. Starting with this. How would you feel right now if you found out your father wasn’t your father? That’d be a pretty big blow to anyone. If you can’t tell the truth because it’s what’s best for your child you have absolutely no business having a child. Please don’t raise another child that has to recover from their childhood. Your child deserves the best of everything and they deserve honesty.

3 Likes

Don’t cause a bunch of unnecessary stess, wait n see
Have dna test

1 Like

Um wtf if he did it to you and hid a pregnancy period how would feel.

1 Like

Be truthful no matter how hard it is or how much it hurts. Truth will eventually come out and it’s best to be upfront. He and your unborn child deserve to know who the father is.

5 Likes

…only split for a week and with someone else :tired_face:…. Chances pretty low it would be from the one night stand … only way to find out is a DNA once born so you may as well tell your partner now

7 Likes

Better find the other guy. Lol

1 Like

Ballpark your conception window before you do anything rash…

2 Likes

Yes be honest there’s two ppls lives you could potentially hurt if you lie…
It’s hard it’s not an easy circumstance but everyone will be better off from your hobesty

1 Like

Do people really lead these kinds of messy lives ? The amount of out there questions I’ve read, I must be vanilla and boring lol :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Like I don’t get why u wouldn’t hav said straight up when u found out u were pregnant n he wanted too give u guys another go BECAUSE OF THE PREGNANCY tht u had, had a one night Stand n tht this baby might not b yours :woman_facepalming::rage: trap much

1 Like

Oh honey you need to own up and be honest. I watched a guy friend suffer through the reality of finding out that the baby he thought was his through 9 months of pregnancy and the first year of her life was not his child and it broke him. Do not do this to someone it’s cruel and unfair.

14 Likes

Yes tell him, he deserves to know. It’s not fair to treat him that way.

2 Likes

You don’t think that sleeping with someone else after being “single for a week” is his business but it’s his business to possibly raise a child that isn’t even his? Grow up.

10 Likes

Um. Whether you were split or not, he has a right to know the baby might not be his. Stringing him along because you’re selfish is :wastebasket:.

4 Likes

You need to tell him!

1 Like

How would you feel if he got another girl pregnant while you were split and he didn’t tell you? Tell him the truth

10 Likes

Simple…Tell the truth…

1 Like

Yes tell them now. Don’t keep anything from him, and also tell the other guy as well. If you are mature enough to have sex, you’re mature enough to tell both of the men that could be the potential fathers. They both have a right to know. Choices have consequences for all involved.

Be honest and live with no regrets.

You have a child to raise.

1 Like

If you are not mature enough to have this conversation, knowing it could ruin a man’s life, you aren’t ready to have a baby. Find the nearest PP and grow up.

2 Likes

Lol a week and your jumping on another :rofl: :joy: girl just tell him.

3 Likes

In my case six years later thanks to social
Media that person reappeared and demanded the answer and yea we ended up separated and still are sooo just keep it real and in my case he knew he wasn’t the dad already just couldn’t accept anyone else being around so I think that would be a little worse !! And those are also things one day we have to explain to our kids :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_shrugging: good luck

2 Likes

Would you actually have a baby and lie to someone you love like that?
Big yikes. Tell him, above all be honest about something like that.
You didn’t cheat. You guys broke up.
If he can’t get past that then that’s up to him but you can’t have a baby and not know who the father is.

3 Likes

You should have your baby and tell him honestly after. If he only got back with you because of the baby he will walk away. But if he truly loves you he will stay no matter what. Have a peaceful pregnancy and birth til then. Why stress you and baby out? Wait and see like others say. If he a douche he will probably not even be around for the duration anyway. Blessings to you all🙏🏻

5 Likes

Tell him, if not for him, but for the baby, the child has a right to know their Dad.

1 Like

Tell him the truth 100%

1 Like

The child deserves to know. Tell the truth.

4 Likes

This is honestly disgusting
Sounds like you used your pregnancy to trap him
You need to be honest and tell him NOW
Knowing what you did during the week you were separated is 100% his business when it comes to his health and the parentage of that child
If you need a baby to keep him he doesn’t want YOU and isn’t staying for YOU

11 Likes

Putting off hard conversations makes for even harder conversations down the road
Balls up and do the right thing and deal with whatever happens

You have just done the lowest thing a woman could ever do to a man.
He deserves better.

7 Likes

Oh FFS.
What you did while apart is not his business… until you have a baby that may not be his. Then it IS his business.
And fun fact here…
If you’re only together because you’re pregnant, it won’t work out in the long run anyway. Babies don’t save relationships that aren’t meant to be.

85 Likes

This is a dumb question. The father deserves to know and so does the child. Stop think of yourself. 

3 Likes

Are you an idiot? You can’t be serious right now? So selfish.

11 Likes

When the baby is born have a dna test and then you will know if it’s your bf baby don’t say anything about the other person if it’s not your bf baby then you need to get in touch with the guy who you had a one night stand with and let him know he is the father of your baby

The Single Moms Club

I’ve seen this exact post like two separate times? Why does this person keep posting I don’t get it?

Tell him, have the baby and get court ordered DNA tests. Have both guys under court order for DNA tests.

Ummmmmmmm………

You need to tell him? Tf!
Yeah anything you do while single is your business but you got pregnant… that’s a whole life so he absolutely has every right to know that a child may not be his. Wow

3 Likes

Yes ur wrong for keeping that a secret ur taking away his option to choice what he wants to do u need to tell him the truth and see how he feels about it then u need to express ur feelings over this there’s alot to talk about here!

3 Likes

Fuck it, just let him raise the baby. Slap the baby on the relationship like duct tape & call it a day :hugs:

Good God…….I just can’t even with some women these days….
OF COURSE YOU SHOULD TELL HIM!!!

4 Likes

It’s only right to tell him wouldn’t u want to know if he got someone else pregnant

2 Likes

If you don’t, it will at some point come to light.

My family currently has just learnt our grandmother wasn’t the most honest all thanks to new age technology & DNA. Easier to be up front now then to also have your child believing a lie their entire life. :100:

3 Likes

You don’t think what you did for that week is any of his business? You are pregnant and you have not told the man that you may be pregnant for someone else. The possibility that the child is not his is his business and it is inhumane to continue to be deceitful.

14 Likes

It is his business though when it affects his life… This is serious, it may not be his baby… It’s not right to keep something like this a secret, not only do you affect his life, but the child’s, and the other man too if he ends up being the father and is never told… So wrong

2 Likes

Tell him? What kind of question is that?!?!
Will break his heart if he finds out later he’s not the father. He deserves to know & you need to be responsible enough to let him know!

2 Likes

Wow you broke up for a week, and had a one night stand? Sounds like you never really cared for the bf to begin with. You need to tell him accept the consequences of your actions.

6 Likes

If you were apart at the time that is your business. But now that there is a child than you need to let the farther know. As for telling the guy now we’ll they wait until the baby is born for dna. If you don’t want to stir up unnecessary drama you can collect dna and send it yourself they have kits at Walmart or Walgreens you can collect hair on your own but if you stay with the man, it may be best to tell him the truth

Be very very quiet. Everything will be ok.

1 Like

Be honest wtf is wrong with you it’s not just your baby let both know up front

Tell him also go find the real daddy your child has the right to know!

Had unprotected sex with a man who didn’t even give u his phone number? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth::woozy_face:

You broke up for a week and were already sleeping with someone else? Wasn’t much of a relationship then. If my fiancee and I broke up it would be a long time before I would be doing anything with another man. Of course we actually love each other sooo there’s that. Anywhooo you need to be honest with him.

9 Likes

Wow, under another in less then a week… Tell him and if he walks out I wouldn’t blame him tbh

3 Likes

Being honest and truthful goes along way and if you’re only getting back together because you’re pregnant then sorry but it won’t last long… you have to be straight up honest with him from the start and if it is the other guys baby then you have to tell him … if you don’t tell anyone then it’s selfish keeping it to yourself the child and both men need to know.

2 Likes

Get the test first…go from there.

You tell him and give him the option.

Should have kept your knees together

1 Like

Bro Practicing SAFE SEX could have prevented this situation. Im so sick of girls claiming “it was an accident” whilst also not protecting themselves… you should’ve told him what happened bc it is his business if he’s having sex with you after you had unprotected sex with a stranger… he should know to get std tested…

Guess who’s business it IS?
The CHILD’S.
Let them grow up knowing their real father.
The men deserve the truth too. What happened happened.
Do what’s right by your child.

1 Like

Put on big girl panties tell truth he has right to know he isn’t responsible for raising a child that ain’t his

1 Like

This is not about you anymore. Your child deserves to know who his/her father is. Your boyfriend deserves to know as it affects his life as well. Time to put the big girl panties on!

2 Likes

This group is full of some of the most hateful women I’ve ever seen.
This is disgusting.

Y’all sitting here judging someone when they’re facing a difficult situation

Y’all rude af. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Best to tell the truth. Tell both of them. If he walks away then it wasn’t meant to be.

She should have told him when she announced she was pregnant that there was a possibility the baby could be someone else’s. It would have given the guy a chance to know all the info instead of making him think from the start the baby is his. Then if he chose to reconcile with her he would have been accepting responsibility regardless of the outcome.

3 Likes

Wow, a week. This relationship is OVER. You opened your legs, now you have to deal with the consequences and be honest with him.

14 Likes

Do a DNA test before you tell him.

1 Like

You sound easy. Think about it why go back youlljust jump around

3 Likes

Tell him or it won’t end well

2 Likes

Prepare to raise it alone no matter who’s it is

6 Likes

You be honest. He is going to find out anyways if the child is born and doesn’t look like him and then, that will cause even more anger because you have heaps of time to be honest about it.

1 Like

Tell him. He has a right.

You are disgustingly wrong! Period!!!
You are leading a man on that a child is100% his when it may not be…How about not mamipulating the situation to benefit only yourself and give that man the option to continue being with you regardless if the child is biologically his based on truth instead of lies…SMH🤦‍♀️…Do not allow that man to mess his life up by signing the birth certificate under false pretenses nor until you are married and he has agreed to adopt if it is not his child…I cant stand females like you. Your child deserves the truth also…

7 Likes

If I were you I’d tell him sooner rather than later. It will hurt for you both but at least you were honest right away. My thoughts and prayers to you and your miracle :heart:

I’d tell them both the truth asap.

1 Like

so what if he had sex with someone while you were broken up and got them pregnant you wouldn’t like it. you need to tell both now. this is what is wrong with society smh.

Tell him now. Lying is no way to keep someone that didn’t want to be with you to begin with.

2 Likes

Why would you want someone to settle for you just because your pregnant??? You need to tell the truth period it’s not about u anymore.

2 Likes

You should tell him!!! Using a baby to keep a man is pathetic

1 Like

Speak up now before bubs is born
Then get a DNA test done
The longer you leave it the worse it will be
Especially if your child is born with a genetic issue
Then your gonna have a lot more questions to answer

If your bf leaves sadly that’s on you
For jumping on another guy with in a week of splitting up
And did your parents not teach you
About safe sex

3 Likes

have a test when the baby is born… for ur sanity and his

Defiantly tell him … if you break up and you put him on child support and it’s not his you could be really big trouble becuase let’s face it it doesn’t sound like your grown up enough to be in a relationship seriously

Abortion or raise that baby alone because he won’t stay with you after hearing what happened.