Should I tell the guys family I am pregnant?

I recently found out I was pregnant. The guy I’m pregnant from was a fling I had for a week. I told him, and he straight up told me to get an abortion. I don’t believe in that. My question is, I’m willing to raise this kid on my own. But I’m wondering if I should let his family know. I know he lives with his grandparents, and I wanna sorta stop by and let them know about the situation. Or should I just drop it?

49 Likes

No he should tell his family no need to start drama

6 Likes

If he doesn’t want it you can’t force it

6 Likes

Be prepared to be a single mama

2 Likes

It’s not your place to tell them.

12 Likes

That’s not your place to do so. You’ve already received his response, and said you’d be fine on your own.

10 Likes

Screw him have that baby, be a great mommy and leave him alone

12 Likes

So there was nO discussion about consequences of sex between you two? Beforehand? Your body your choice does not mean you try forcing a baby on someone who has made their view clear.

14 Likes

Not sure if that’s a good idea.It could cause a whole manner of trouble that you don’t need right now. At the end of the day it’s your body. You do what you feel is best for you and baby. Goodluck with it all sweetheart.

2 Likes

As a grandmother, I would want to know my grandchild.

Fuck him he cancelled single mom it is but sure why not tell them maybe they would love to be apart of the baby life and if it doesn’t go well then FUCK THEM to you’ll be just fine :pray::hugs:

1 Like

I wouldn’t. He doesn’t care to be involved. So why force him to be by involving his family.
He may change his mind later if he does great. If not then no loss really

3 Likes

Not something I would do they know hes sexually active and I’m sure this isn’t the first time hes told a female to kill it . If u didnt meet them before u broke it off no need to now.

1 Like

I’m going to have to disagree with most of these comments. Just because he doesn’t want the baby, doesn’t mean his family doesn’t. That child is still their family too!

They have the right to know a grand baby is on the way. The father doesn’t need to be involved. Let them make their own decision as well.

Good luck and congrats. All babies are blessings no matter the situation.

27 Likes

Do you want to be sharing custody?

1 Like

That’s not your place.

2 Likes

u can do it on your own… he will regret it in the future…

1 Like

The baby deserves the chance to know the family, I would tell them. If they want to be involved after that, it’s on them

4 Likes

I think you should tell them just cyz he dont want it dont mean they wont want anything to do with the baby

Wait till your further along n just stop by for visit n they’ll see the tummy;”)

I wouldnt involve the family, he has told you his view, write him off, dont put his name in the birth certificate and bring up your child without drama!! Give your child a home full of love and support

6 Likes

No it’s his responsibility to tell his family not yours

3 Likes

please ask him if you can tell the family. He is the dad and while he may not care his family might.

My husband said if you’re having the baby then his family deserves to know and if they want a part of his or her life is up to them but don’t use it as a ploy to get to him. In my opinion he’s still responsible whether he wants to be part or not. He could’ve worn a condom.

Screw what HE wants! You Both made the baby. Tell his family. If They choose to be a part of the child’s life, That’s Their decision. Why should HE have a say in what the family wants. Oh. He played the game and now He gets to help support the child. Talk to legal Aid about support.

9 Likes

No, sounds like you’re trying to shit stir for some reason or other. You want it he doesnt so deal with it, stop trying to be a bitch

10 Likes

I would have the baby go to Domestics for support n surprise mail will go to his house n they will all know

2 Likes

If I had a grandchild I would feel so blessed and would want to know and would help the mother in any way I could forever.

8 Likes

I don’t think I would if you plan to raise the baby alone anyway. If you plan to get child support than I probably would.

2 Likes

Leave them alone. They didn’t get you pregnant and you want to raise the baby on your own.

7 Likes

You should be on birth control being you have no issue just having flings!! Hopefully you grow up so you’re not bringing your weekly flings around the child!! It’s also not your place to tell HIS family anything!! You should have thought about all this before having unprotected sex flings!!

15 Likes

Drop it. Stay away from him and his family

4 Likes

Nope, you go it alone like you planned, if not things could get messy and stressful

2 Likes

I think his family deserves to know…if they don’t already. It can be a bit hard making these types of decisions on your own. After all…you didn’t just get pregnant all by yourself. 🤷 Whatever you choose to do you should do it with your head held high and at the best of your abilities. Good luck sweetheart.

2 Likes

I was in the same situation with my first.
Tell him you did then never talk to them again. You don’t want your child to grow up feeing unloved.

Better get a DNA test before even thinking about going to his family. They are most certainly going to question how many other “week long flings” you have had recently and didn’t use protection. Damn you’re lucky its just a baby and not a permanent STD :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t care, but the family might…if you make it clear that you want nothing from anybody, they might be appreciative to find out that they there is going to be a family member out there. But on the other side, if they really want to be involved, you have to be ready for that.

1 Like

Amazing how people can give advice thinking they’re perfect!

6 Likes

Drop it. Not your business to do that. You both risked a pregnancy, you’ve made your decision and he’s made his.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t force the kid on them get him to text get the abortion so later on when he tries to say she wouldn’t let me see the kid you have that for proof in court

2 Likes

As a grandmother in a similar situation… my son denies the baby’s his, however hes good about ducking his responsibility, so I reached out to her. We message alot, shes never asked for $$$… ect
I’m thrilled to be a part of her life even if the little girl isn’t my granddaughter
I buried my first and only grandchild… my lil mister mister at 18 months
She didn’t know any of that but we both agree its selfish of him to just leave… allow the parents the right to know get to know them if you dont like what you see then you can change your mind… preferably before a bond is formed between the child and grandparents

They’ll find out at some point. If they want to be a part of your baby’s life then they’ll come to you. You’ll be a great single mama!

2 Likes

When I got pregnant by a much younger man, I knew it would never work between us. But I did let his family know and they love my baby even though he isn’t responsible for my son. And I don’t force things. It’s really your choice and however you feel. A both opinions on here make sense but ultimately it’s up to you.

Just because he’s a wanker doesn’t mean his folks are too!! Let them know!!

2 Likes

Forget he tell d family he cant stop if i had a grand baby on d way i would b sooo happy to know i would help d mom as much as i can

1 Like

The fact you so called women are blaming and bashing only her. It takes two to tango. Why didn’t he wear protection? Also birth control fails too, if you didn’t already know that. I can’t believe the amount of hate this girl is getting like she got herself pregnant lol.

5 Likes

This is between 2 adults. This is not the families problem. They have no commitment to you or the child. Hope you bring this child into the world under better circumstances. You have 9 months to get yourself prepared. Stay away from scumbags, and especially keep them from your child!

So, you had a one week fling with a guy who still lives with his grandparents? Doesn’t say a lot about you, does it?

3 Likes

Your choice, but I wouldn’t bother, you do you & yours.

Keep in mind you’re talking about a guy who’s walking away from his child God only knows what kind of family raised him. Sometimes in looking for something wonderful you find dirt. Since he was just a fling and you don’t know him well you don’t know his family well either somethings are better left alone

3 Likes

If you want to have the kid then do that. You have no business talking to his family.

3 Likes

Drop it and take care of your baby. You will just be welcoming drama.

Are you going to be a single mom or do you have the support you need from your family members your choice to tell his Family or not be strong

Yes write his mother a letter. Let her make the choice whether she wants to be in the baby’s life or not

1 Like

Why did you not use birth control?

1 Like

Drop it. Your mistake, no need to upset the family.

2 Likes

After 4 kids… Id say keep the business to yourself and forget he even exists. Ive been thru bad stuff tho…

I’d tell them just because he wants to be a dick.

I’d want to know were I expecting a grandchild

3 Likes

personally, I would tell them. you never know, they could feel differently & become a support system for this baby… BUT, always keep in mind that he could be a product of his raising & they could deny the baby too. but either way, nobody can say you didn’t try.

3 Likes

You have to ask yourself what’s the motive of telling them and be honest with yourself, and woman next time it might not be a pregnancy it could be a life altering disease, so love yourself that much, and don’t allow your emotions to control you. Just remember the child will be 109%yours and his, and if you feel to take him to court for child support do what best for your child. And just learn from your mistake and move on and work on becoming a better you for yourself and child.

I would ask him if it’s ok first.

Absolutely not. You’re forcing him to be in your life by involving his family. He doesn’t want this child. It’s manipulative

12 Likes

No maam. That seems backhanded.

I would say drop it, so many women say our body our choice so IMO we have to take responsibility for both birth controland our choice to be a single parent if need be.

3 Likes

They will know when child support hits him. I am not a believer in abortion either. You make it, you raise it!!! They deserve to know about the baby but I hope you are 100% sure it’s his before you get them all attached to a child that may not be his. That would be heartbreaking IF they do decide to be there for the baby.
At the end of the day, do what is right and nothing more nothing less. Pray to God about it. He can help you the most.
Prayers for you and the baby.

2 Likes

Pandoras box, if you want to raise your child in peace, tell him you lied, it’s not his, and go on about your life. Otherwise you open yourself up to constant involvement, good or bad.

3 Likes

I hope the same woman on here that are saying he’s in the right and shouldn’t have to take care of a kid just cus he made it clear that he doesn’t want it, ALSO are people who support the men who actually WANT their babies and the woman get a abortion anyways :thinking: otherwise it’s just hypocritical!!

1 Like

They have a right to know.

Your pregnant. Hormones up. Keep ur stress down. Have the baby first. THEN decide. Congratulations & all the best

2 Likes

Why not tell the family?
I know a guy who turned his back on his child and his mother is there 100% for the grandchild.
You just never know or it could be the worst choice.
If shoe was on the other foot if my brother had a child and wanted nothing to do with the child I’d still want to be an aunt and help the girl.

I have no idea. You have to do what your heart tells you is best for your child. you had a sperm donor, not a father. I’d talk to sperm donor first, then still go with my heart. My bf, coulda been a sperm donor, but I told him to get lost. I’d Mamma and Daddy my baby. He either maned up or got lost. Mine, maned up, but that’s no indication that your sperm donor will. Prepare yourself to raise your love child by yourself. What benefit will cutting him to his family serve? What are you hoping the outcome will be. Us girls can get ourselves in deep dodo in the name of love, or was it just sex, as it appears to be with Mr. Hot Pants aint none of me.

The baby has every right to know the family and yes you should be involved with his family for medical reasons as well like hereditary things that could carry on to baby there mental illnesses heart issues and ECT. If the grandparents and other family is civil let them be a part of the childs life

1 Like

I think more questions need to be answered before I could answer this. Its not about you. Its about that baby. Are you in a place where you can support the baby? If not, is your family going to help you? The baby should be your first priority. If you don’t have the same support, you need to think of the baby’s welfare and go after him for support. You didn’t make that baby by yourself so even if he wants no part of raising it he should still help financially. In the future don’t lay with someone who you dont know. Cause I bet if you had ask him before you had sex what would happen if you got pregnant and he said he would want an abortion you probably wouldn’t be in this situation cause you wouldn’t have had sex with the loser.

1 Like

Drop it!! Just raise the kid and stop communication with him and anyone related to him.

4 Likes

No let him be the one

Dam that i would tellem

Nope. Just keep it moving.

I feel since you both played, you both get a choice, you know his choice, so now if you choose to have it, that’s on you, and honestly why would you want to involve them because he will then be involved and he told you how he felt and he’s going to make you miserable

5 Likes

That’s up to you I personally think they should have the choice to be in the babies life even if the dad doesnt wanna be. I see everyone is saying the exact opposite but it’s their family too why should they not get to be apart of the babies life if they want to be. I wouldnt chase people but I would let them know

If I was his parent I would want to know idk it’s a tough situation for you I’m just saying what I would want but if you do then don’t play games with them I’m not aloud to see my granddaughter because she is mad at my son. He was not abusive or anything like that they just didn’t work out the last day we seen my granddaughter my son would ask her who has the best mom he would never talk about his ex in front of his daughter

Sad situation he is a dead beat dad should have been protected good luck raising kids is a hard role and harder to be a single parent good luvk

2 Likes

No ma’am absolutely no…sorry for your situation however even though he does not want said child , you will ultimately be asked who the father is n they will go for child support with or without you “wanting it” his family will be informed by HIM…I wish you luck…

1 Like

His family is not for u to deal with. Tell me why do women let them selves get pregnant with some one u aren’t going to be with. Just saying. There are several ways to protect it. And would have saved u years of misery. And now one more child gets to grow up knowing daddy diddnt want me. Sad i grew up that way. It is a life struggle for the kid

5 Likes

Ask yourself if you want him involved in your and your child’s life until they’re grown… If not …keep quiet.

You told him. It’s up to him to tell his family.

2 Likes

Only tell them if you are willing to allow them to be part of the child’s life. Dont tell them and not allow them to see the child. If you choose not to tell them dont be bitching later how no one in his family acknowledges your child

2 Likes

Tell them if you want but you better put father unknown on birth certificate. It’s a sad situation , the baby has no choice on having a father. Do you normally have unsafe sex with flings???

No abortion cuz it will make u miserable from experience n it’s ur Choice to tell his family. He don’t have a say in anything if he already denies dat baby.

Hmmmm this is a tricky one but I guess if it were me I wouldn’t stop by the house but I would try to get a hold of them in another manner. But I would make it abundantly clear that their grandson made a choice not to be involved and that you respect that however you wanted to know if they would like to be a part of the baby’s life. Though I still feel as though you should follow through with a paternity test. Just for proof and so you can get his rights terminated. I feel like he will do this willingly. Good luck to you :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

He is telling you to kill that child! Why in the world would you want him or his family involved. Protect your baby and walk away. You are forcing a child on him that he obviously doesn’t want it. Have you not herd about all the men who snap when they don’t want a family and the children end up killed!

6 Likes

Drop it… Your prepared to be a single parent… so do just that.

6 Likes

I’d let him tell his family unless you have already met them beforehand why would you put yourself into something you know would cause drama

I’ve had a similar situation like this Happen in my family- and I vote to let them know, with taste and no expectations, let them decide what they would like to do. But give them that choice.
A 19 year old popped up into our family we had no clue existed, and it crushed my aunt. She would have loved to be a grandma to that girl growing up and it was really hard on her.

You slept with him, not with his family. If you involve them you run the risk of them forcing him to be a part of your child’s life which could create resentment and a life full of conflict. I would let him know you plan to keep the baby and either omit him from the BC or have him relinquish parental rights in court ( so he doesnt have to worry about you asking for child support later and to ease his mind) and let him know you don’t mind if he wants to let his family know the child exists and that you are open to them being a part of the his or her life. If you aren’t open to them being at Birthday parties, school activities, etc. then you need to ask yourself what is your purpose in telling them.

2 Likes

Maybe the grandparents would what to see the baby. What about child support it takes two to tango?

1 Like

As a mom myself I’d want to know if I had a granbaby but it’s your choice I’d tell your guy you’re keeping the baby and you’re telling his parents. Then I’d get papers drawn up to terminate his rights and use the abortion message as evidence that he doesn’t want it.

2 Likes

Keep Your Baby and Yes & You Can Let Them Know!!

1 Like

Question is…do you want THEM in your life forever? The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree so chances are, they won’t want anything to do with the child or will cause problems for you somehow.

1 Like

If they have more money than you or know better lawyers: NO! People can be very evil and also stupid. They will take his side, and his side will change like the wind if he wants. Be very cautious sweetie. All the best. :heart: