Should kids clean their own room?

Are kids responsible for keeping their rooms tidy and cleaning up after themselves?

23 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should kids clean their own room? - Mamas Uncut

Depending on age :tipping_hand_woman:t3: age plays a big factor here and if someone is expecting a young child to be able to completely clean/ tidy up their own rooms there is something wrong

2 Likes

Depends. On age, my 13 year old keeps his room ā€œcleanā€ (not destroyed) and my 6 year old helps clean up his messes as well

Of course. Mom is not the MAID

1 Like

Depending age depends how much help they need, but yes they should be expected to clean their room.

I contacted @dr__joshua spell-temple ([email protected]) for the return of my Lover to me and now I am so happy that I got a positive result and we are living happing and the Dr Joshua is a great man in Africa all thanks to him And also please beware of scams and if anyone else use this same testimony please no the person is a scam only Dr Joshua who can help you Good luck. WhatsApp +2348137028829

Mine def are! It not only teaches them how to clean but also responsibility etc. my smaller children (4 and 5) I do help but the things that they are capable of doing-know how to do I make them do and things they donā€™t know how to do I show/help them.

1 Like

Kids should be given reasonable expectations according to their age and abilities

1 Like

Yes,my four year old grandsonā€™s parents have him pick up toys,help put his clothes away,he tries to make his bed but momma and daddy has to give him a hand,his two year old sister picks most of he toys up and puts her dirty clothes in the hamper.

Yes and the younger u start the better. I made a mistake and did everything for my kids when they were little that now I gotta get after them to do their own chores. Teenagers are tough lol

1 Like

Yes. BUTā€¦ if we have friends over and their kids help make the mess, they are going to help clean it up. I make sure the parents & kids know before we send the kids off to play that my expectations are that all who play will be expected to clean up!ā€ Same thing with when we visit friends at their home. My kids will assist in cleaning up before we leave!

My kids clean thier room since they are 8yrs old

yes. even my 1 year old can put toys away and put his blankets back on his bed. my mom cleaned my room for me till I was like 12 and I hate cleaning now lmao

Yes but not to your standards just to their abilityā€¦ and if it is a teen close the doorā€¦ they need to have everything on the floor as they are hunting for themselves :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Newborns infantsā€¦ No.
Help them around ages 1 to 3ā€¦ possibly 4.
5 and up do it on their own

1 Like

Yes ! If they donā€™t start when young they will continue to grow up and think everything is entitled! Thatā€™s what is wrong with todays young generation!

I help my 6yo if it gets out of hand. But we are minimal so it doesnā€™t become to overwhelming. They need to be shown how and what to do.

1 Like

Absolutely! Unless you want to be the maid instead of the mom, start instilling that in them as young as possible! Not only picking up after themselves and keeping their room clean, but simple chores as well.

Yes they bc should but they rarely do

Yes. The entire house. If you got it out, you put it away.

Yes. Itā€™s a life lesson. They need to know how to do things for themselves

Absolutely. Part of their discipline and hygiene. My son by the age of 5 on his own used to fix his closet and keep his room neat, at 21 now his room is impeccable and the bed is always made, thats the very first thing he was taught when he was able to do it on his own.

l GĀ­eĀ­t pĀ­aĀ­id over $ 145 per h0ur working fĀ­rĀ­oĀ­m hĀ­oĀ­me. l Ā­nĀ­ever Ā­thĀ­oĀ­ught Ā­IĀ­ā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $1976Ā­0 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

More Inf0>>> https://SuccessFullyJob49.pages.dev

Yes! My 7 year old does 85% of of keeping her room clean. Iā€™m there for the other 15% that she needs help with

If they arenā€™t they should be. Encourage them to appreciate what they have and to take pride in having clean surroundings. Itā€™s a lesson that will carry over into their adult lives.

Yes, it teaches them responsiblity.

What kind of question is this? Being a mother doesnā€™t mean youā€™re a lifetime maid :joy:

No you need to do everything for them so that they will feel entitled. Dang straight they are responsible for their mess.

They should but how much they do depends on the age. Little ones should help clean. Seven Eight years old should be able to clean all of their room

Are you really asking this?

1 Like

Yes, they need to learn responsibility.

l get paid over $ 185 per hour wĀ­oĀ­rĀ­kĀ­iĀ­nĀ­g from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 18610 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarBenefits1353.pages.dev/

I canā€™t believe ur asking this question, kids need responsibility so after they start understanding that they to clean up their own messes then they should be responsible for straightening up their own bedroom! Kids need responsibilities

5 Likes

Yes my 4 year old already cleans his own room they learn early .

After a certain age yeah

Was this written by a 7yr old who didnā€™t believe mum and dadā€¦?

2 Likes

If you teach/ show them how and parent enough to hold them responsible for doing it, then yes. Consistency is key. If the expectation is set and logical consequences enacted, responsibility will follow. Hereā€™s an exampleā€¦
My step-daighter had two sets of rules to live by. Mom wanted to be her best friend and did everything for her. At our house, she was expected to pitch in to make our home more comfortable to live in, as we all worked together. Her room was a wreck, so one day she and I had a ā€˜clean-up partyā€™. I showed her how to tackle each little mess and explained to her what the expectation was for the future. I came to find out that she truly enjoyed order and despised chaos. When sheā€™d leave a toy out for more than 3 days, we discussed why she did that. She knew my ruleā€¦ if itā€™s left out, she loses the toy (not forever! Just for a little while). Iā€™d pick the toy up and put it on a high shelf in my room and at the end of the month weā€™d revisit the shelf and she could decide if she wanted it back or wanted to donate the toy to another child. We were consistent with her, though. She loved the constancy and always knew where she stood with usā€¦ and she really loved going to sleep in a neat area. I know not all kiddos are the sameā€¦ I raised 3 boys of my own and they were all very different, but they are all respectful and responsible adults to this day. Seriously, communicating, modeling, and consistency are the keys!

1 Like

Yep. Since around 2 theyā€™ve been cleaning up their own space. That isnā€™t to say Iā€™ve never helped, but they definitely know their room is their responsibility.

1 Like

Yes! In my household, theyā€™re responsible for cleaning their own room, cleaning up after themselves, and doing a daily chore. We all live here, we can all contribute to keeping up the house. My daughter has been doing her own laundry for years and my son is about to learn how to do his. These are basic life skills that need to be taught.

1 Like

Invest with a reliable and trustworthy account manager and make good profit. I canā€™t thank Mrs Stefanie enough for the help she offered me in every of my trade in her platform. Iā€™ve been able to recover all my lost. She really a manager who have been of good help to investors now I can monitor my account myself and make withdrawal by myself. As a newbie on binary or youā€™re going through some challenges on crypto business,:point_down:
:point_down::point_down:

Yeah its their room the perfect place to show them responsibility for their belongings.

1 Like

From the age of like 5 or 6 and upā€¦ absolutely

Absolutely, it makes them more productive adults.

My 3 year old has cleaned her own room since she was 2.

Yes I have my sons pick up thier room every night

For every day cleaning, yes. Deep cleaning may still need parental help until the age of 12 I would say

i believe yes, but my kids are 8,7,4 and they wont clean their room unless im helping.
my 8 year old will clean but she hates cleaning up after her sisters

Is this a serious question??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: