Should kids spend hours on video games?

They are socializing on the games. Just because it isn’t your way doesn’t mean its wrong. Do you! :v:

7 Likes

U don’t know there daily life or if they struggle with anything

4 Likes

My son is 13 and some days he spends hours gaming and some days he spends outside with friends :woman_shrugging:t4: they are old enough not to be forced to be around family if they don’t want to be.

3 Likes

As much as it would’ve been nice for them to come out - I think most teens would ignore being called out and continue playing games anyways. They’re young, as much as you’d tell them how important that day is they won’t care till they’re still older to do more with you all. Let them be teens and let your sister handle those situations how she feels fit

1 Like

The fact you are here shaming their mom, your sister, and them shows WHY they would stay in their rooms playing video games the whole time your there. Mind your own and stop bashing your family for personal choices.

7 Likes

I hid in my room when I didn’t like the family that was visiting🤷‍♀️

8 Likes

Wow surprised by all the rude comments

Yeah I don’t force my kids to stop what they are doing to cater to other adults in their house. Games have a lot of positive things that kids learn, working as a team socializing, drawing boundaries. Other games encourage creativity and problem solving.

4 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t know 3 hours was equal to 12 :thinking::thinking::thinking: that’s not all day and they are not your kids. Mind your own

8 Likes

My son is 20 years old now. He spent more hours on a game then he did anything. Would I have changed, not a chance. He is 20 years old goes to work everyday pays his own bills and calls me every other day and stops by after work on the days he doesn’t call. Never misses a family event and goes out with his friends at times. Some times you just let kids be kids and don’t force them to do things. If gaming is what they like so be it. At least they are home and not out getting in trouble.

1 Like

I’m 29, my brother is 26 and we spent our childhoods playing video games in our rooms and at our friends houses and with each other… we are perfectly fine!! Now I have a 6 year old and he spends everyday playing fortnight or call of duty with other little kids but knows he has to do his homework and chores b4 playing. He also spends lots of time with myself and my husband (his dad) nothing is wrong with playing lots of games. I think it can teach patience and teamwork since you have to play with others and do tasks on the games. Learn to mind your own business and not disrespect your sister as a mother!! Shame on you! 

1 Like

Ideally no but her kids her rules… teens arent as considerate as we’d like them to be its the whole brain not being fully developed

1 Like

Get used to it…it’s the new form of entertainment…no more riding bikes outside, playing outside, you know the scenario…

1 Like

They likely have friends in those games. Even now, my preference is talking to my online friends during our games rather than traditionally socializing.

Your my doughter and i love you but put the games away and go outside and play ball,we didnt have all those games growing up.we play kick ball softball, football all kinds of outside things Even in the winter we where never in the house. There is always something to do . Kids today dont know how to play. Thats what i think anyway…

2 Likes

I see why they hide in their rooms while you’re visiting…

8 Likes

No … I believe all screen time should be limited I have 4 kids there aloud 2 hrs . Normally they use it right before bed . My kids are 7 and younger though. And we spend alot of time outside and playing with toys in the hs.

Umm… How is this your business!?

6 Likes

Those are HER kids. Mind ya business

11 Likes

My three children are limited to an extent. They have chores they have to do. Once those are done they can do what they want. Except for Wednesdays and Sundays, those are family days with no screens

2 Likes

No, they shouldn’t, at least not every day. But it’s easy, so most parents let it slide.

There’s worst things they could be doing…

6 Likes

The rules are, kids go play and stay out of grown folks business, conversations…

6 Likes

Not your house, not your kids, not your business.

Maybe they just didn’t want to be around you :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

My son is 29 disabled and living at home but he plays his video games from like 8pm -10pm (2 Hours) That’s all he’s allowed. During the day he weed eats for people and mows and works around house helps me .

1 Like

Not your business lol. My kids sometimes play video games most of the day. They’re leaving me alone sooo :joy::rofl: my older ones are only 9 and 6. :woman_shrugging:t2: my 9 year old just isn’t very social.

10 Likes

Here we go again another post where someone is bashing someone else’s parenting skill. Not your kids not your business. Worry about yours.

15 Likes

When we all get together with family usually the kids all play video games together lol. And yes they do it the whole time. Those are her kids, and noone is being hurt except for your feelings, so maybe mind your business?

6 Likes

Role-playing games are like an interactive book with puzzles. Amazing stories, adventure, problem solving, strategy. Not all games are mindless.

5 Likes

I don’t know why people do this… What the hell is wrong with kids socializing online via games??? So they can go outside and socialize but they can’t be on a game socializing? And a lot of games improve cognitive skills and keep your brain moving and growing and learning. We are moving into a different, online world… People need to adapt… Also, these aren’t your kids. Shouldn’t you be worried about your own?

7 Likes

Pretty normal at that age video games or not

1 Like

No. I think they have their place but like everything a little moderation goes a long way

Please calculate how long in the day your eyes are on your phone, and on the tv. Be honest with it….

8 Likes

Young one, this is the problem with our youth now a days - they don’t interact with family and explore to world. :v:t4::sunflower:

1 Like

I limited game time when family was over. Depending on what it was, a minimum of an hr was required with family, not including eating. We used an egg timer to avoid arguments over time.

This is the second time in one day people are judgey about family and how that family parents smh so sad people stay in your own lane family or not.

1 Like

Idk about anyone else but I’d be in that kid’s room, gaming along with them. :sweat_smile: what better way to spend a forced family interaction than gaming with the kids? :rofl:

Better being in the street

1 Like

I’d rather my kids play video games because I know they’re home safe, they’re engaging their brain in something productive, and they aren’t getting into trouble and doing drugs. Mind your business

2 Likes

Pretty standard for teens lol but I wouldn’t go lecturing other people on how they raise their kids, it’ll only ever amount to arguments.