Should we sue my husbands doctor?

First of all NO it’s not malpractice :joy:
Secondly what does this have to do with parenting?!

Sounds like his records were mixed up with someone else’s. That happened to my husband as well. We didn’t even think about suing

Do what you think you should do. Maybe ask them if it was a mistake. If not, take the next step and proceed with what you were thinking of doing

I don’t see how this is malpractice if his shoulder got fixed

Sounds like they gave you someone else’s medical record with the same name. I would request again. You don’t want to just go straight to malpractice because if they hospitals attorneys pull the correct records they are going to come after you. Rerequest the records and see what you get. If they keep coming up the same then talk to an attorney.

Primary doctors don’t handle workmen’s comp. If it’s primary Dr records than those dates and meds are probably an error from when the medical assistant put in the information that was given. If it’s from the actual surgeon, that did the surgery, than you might have someone else’s records by accident. Either way as long as hubby had the proper care and no errors in surgery than I don’t see the grounds for a suit.

19 Likes

Sounds like either wrong records or a mix up of records. My mom and step dad had their records and blood tests mixed up. It took a lot to straighten it out. My mom has lupus and he had Parkinson and a lung removed because of cancer. Mixing up records can be dangerous as prescriptions can be given erroneously.

2 Likes

Did he get the correct surgery? That would be the only way to sue , I would think . If they didn’t fix what was wrong and started a whole new problem for no reason. Typo’s are human error but you could have someone else’s file. Many people have the same first and last name. But if your looking to sue, you should get advice from a real lawyer.

2 Likes

That’s not malpractice. Unless those meds were actually given but as soon as you saw those mistakes you should have marched right back to see if they didn’t give you someone else’s before wanting to spend thousands in legal fees.

This sounds so horrible. I believe you wholeheartedly but this is absolutely ridiculous for a Doctor to do. Thank goodness your husband didn’t take the drugs. Sounds very dangerous. Find a lawyer, pro-bono… this Doc may NOT BE A GOOD ONE. GOOD LUCK :four_leaf_clover:!

Type of surgery? That’s worrisome. I would discuss with doctor to make sure he performed the right surgery. Have records corrected

You will need to prove Dr was negligent and your husband sufered. Talk with Dr office & get records correct as soon as possible. There is no negligent and hopeful your husband is fine

Have you suffered any harm or loss because you say the records are wrong? Was he mistreated? Did you talk to the doctor about correcting what sounds like a mix up in the records? What did he say my? Did he offer to correct them? Did WC think the treatment was wrong or withhold any payment due you or the providers? What would be the basis for suing the doctor?

What’s the point? First are the records your husband’s or do they belong to someone else by the same name? Has he recovered from the surgery? If he’s recovered from surgery and the records are incorrect just get the records corrected and move on.

3 Likes

Did the surgery work, is he better. I guess if everything else is fine and the only reason you want to sue is because you saw this that is kind of petty.

2 Likes

This is exactly what is wrong with the world every one out to get every one and screw who ever they can to get a couple bucks , who gives a dam, your husband is alive and well and no doubt well fed with a roof over his head ! Get a grip !

Dont know if its grounds for a lawsuit but I would definitely speak the the doctor about it. They obviously have your husbands file and another patients mixed up.

That sounds like you got the wrong paperwork which is a HIPPA violation and you absolutely could sue for it. They’d get in a ton of trouble too.

Malpractice results in significant injury to the patient. Take measures to correct the medical records. Do you seek remuneration or accurate medical records. Start at doc’s office.

Get in touch with the hospital, Doctors don’t transcribe surgical notes.

Sounds like they mixed up the records, go back and let them know

No. No malpractice unless you were harmed… obviously your records were transcribed or digitalized in error. Were you billed for the correct surgery. Report this immediately to your Doctor, the hospital administration and their risk management manager, and your insurance company. It’s a big deal.

Perhaps you have the wrong medical records. If he wasn’t harmed by the Dr. what would you be suing for?

Ummm… No. It isn’t malpractice if a clerical error was made.

Suing for the records in incorrect? Did that cause any harm or simply increase your greedy desires? People like you are what is wrong with the legal system in this country.

Double check. Maybe someone with same or similar name as your husband belongs to these records. Simple mistake.

Ask again for YOUR husband’s records. They gave you someone else’s with the same name.

What steps should we take next …move on.

Why?? Are you sure it’s his records…maybe someone with his same name…

They either mixed up the records or are setting him up for termination,. Did he use a company recommended doctor?

Did u get someone else’s records with same name

Just leave it and have a happy life Don’t waste. your time It will only end up chasing money

What exactly are you wanting to sue for??? :thinking::thinking:

Are you sure they gave you the correct files???

Sue for what exactly?

OP must be American :rofl::rofl: they love to sue!!

Sounds like you got the wrong medical records. No need for a lawsuit I’d call the office. It’s very possible they had two patients with the same name. It’s happened before with one of my kids at the drs office.

Don’t waste the time

Where there’s blame, there’s a claim, right? U Americans sue for the littlest things, get over it, u were probably shown the wrong medical records fgs

I didn’t read anything about damages.

Sue, and run the price of medicine up for all of us.

Collect from workers comp and be satisfied!
Your on here asking these fist shakers if you should Sue .
OMG what tree did you fall out of .
Talk to Real Attorney

Kayla Adams Americans really do sue over everything