Should you take a kid to a tattoo shop?

Is she getting her labia pierced? - inappropriate
Ear ring? - Totally fine

1 Like

They do a much better job with piercing than having someone with a gun do it. I support this decision for ear piercing.

I don’t know if it was an inexperienced piercer or what, but my oldest got her ears pierced at 5. (she asked) in a shop. It seemed to take so long to get the needle through. She bled quite a bit. The woman who did the piercing didn’t seem to be fond of or used to interacting with children. She acted quite annoyed the entire time, so essentially I was the only source of comfort.

Regardless, I hear it is much safer in shop.

Absolutely take her to the tattoo shop. They are professional. They are way more hygienic and they will do a much better job than a piercing gun could ever do. Please please please take her to the shop. Everyone should take their kids to tattoo shops for their piercing

We took our 3 year old to the tattoo shop for her ears. It’s actually very common since the piercing guns do more harm.

They are a hell of a lot cleaner and the pierces are fully trained. Only place to go

Tattoo shops are safer for their ears then taking them to somewhere that uses a gun.

They should be done at a piercing shop I learned that after having my first. The technique is cleaner, safer, better experience, and heals better.

Took my child to Claire’s it was painful, they got infected and they were expensive we took em out and healed took her to the tattoo shop she cried for a second, healing time was way faster and we’ve had zero issues. Never again will we use or go anywhere with a piercing gun. Also shes age 6

Momma please do ur research on why taking her to a PROFESSIONAL vs kiosk is better… the piercing guns anyone can buy and use…plus it destroys the actual eat… needles are much much safer and better…

You are and it’s odd.
A tattoo shop is where you should go for piercings as they’re done correctly there. It’s not a bar, why wouldn’t a child be able to go to a tattoo parlor? You’re way over thinking.

I took my pre-teen to have her ears pierced at a tattoo shop because they have high standards when it comes to sterilization. They also don’t use the piece of equipment they use in department store because they can’t stabilise the ear properly to get perfect results.

I would never go to a jewelry shop or department store. For sterilization and quality reasons. Also, don’t want a teen with no experience piercing my kid’s ears….

I’m on dads team on this one.

You don’t have to take her to a shop and most shops don’t even have piercers you can find a piercing place that only dose piercings and even if a tattoo shop dose have piercers it’s up to the individual shop if they will let kids in or not

I’m sure someone has already commented that a tattoo shop would use the correct piercing tools. Claire’s or anywhere else will use a dull needle, over a sharper one. Causing more pain for her lil ears :pleading_face:

Besides your pediatrician because most don’t do it anymore a tattoo shop is your best option.

Safer than a piercing gun at a nasty ass store.

Where would you prefer to bring her? A tattoo shop likely also has professional piercers and would be one of the best places to bring a kid next to a piercing shop. Don’t bring her to a department store or somewhere like Claires.
Also, my daughter is 5 and her dad works in a tattoo shop, she’s been around people tattooing and shops since she was born… I’m not really sure what you’re even worried about.

I took my daughter to Claire’s to get her to her ears pierced when she was 8. They did a terrible job one was crooked and almost ripped through the side of her ear. I immediately took them out and swear I was never going to take her anywhere to get some pierced with a gun again. She’s now almost 15 and the scars just went away enough for me to take her to have them pierced properly had a tattoo parlor. They were incredibly respectful and polite the area was very clean and professional. He was faster than the 16 year old girl with a gun and it obviously hurt her way way less. 10/10 for getting standard ear piercings at a tattoo parlor.

Whats wrong with taking your child to a reputable place, where you know everything will be properly taken care of and done right?

Safer than bringing your kid to church :woman_shrugging:t4: I can assure that any and every tattoo parlor is 3000% more sanitary, professional, and friendly than any Claire’s. Do not pass your ugly sheltered stereotypes and bias down to this child, they do not deserve it.