Side effects of Lo estrogen?

Has anyone taken the birth control lo lo estrogen? I have been on it for 3 weeks and have been bleeding for 2 weeks. My doctor says its normal to bleed for up to the first 3 months. I had my tubes removed 1 year ago and an only taken this pill bc I am going on vacation and didn’t wan to be on my period. I’m wondering if I just stop taking it now when my actual period will start. Anyone have similar side effects with this BC?

6 Likes

Haha so funny I just saw this. I legit was texting my husband about condoms because I’m SO OVER BLEEDING.

i was on this for almost a year and it caused me nothing but issues & the side effects never really died down, your period wont start if you just stop it i did the same thing & didn’t have my period till the next month

I’m on loestrin. No idea if it’s the same one you’re on, but I haven’t had any issues with it other than my period comes a week sooner than the period pills. Doctors don’t seem worried. I did lose my last package once and started my period 3 days later. The depo shot made me bleed for almost the full 3 months, so I never got the second shot. I’m not sure there’s much you can do at the moment. But I’d look into another birth control and if your doctor won’t let you I’d find a new doctor.

I was on depo for years, no issues. Got off it, 4 months later I got pregnant with my daughter. 3 months after she was born I got back on it, I had my period for a month straight and spotted for 2 months on and off, haven’t had any issues now for 2 months. Doctor site is completely normal to have issues like that for the first 6 months to a year.

i took a similar birth control pill called loestrin fe for 7 years and i started having side effects so i stopped taking it! if you dont think its helping you, maybe see if theres a different birth control they can put you on.

Why take snything no tubes why put poisin in body