Signs of an ectopic pregnancy?

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I’ve never been thru this with the other 2. I had to go to the hospital today and they did an ultrasound but i’m only 5 weeks pregnant so of course nothing but the sac and gestational age showed up, the Dr said I have a cyst on my ovary and I could be on my way to an ectopic pregnancy… has anyone else been through this and everything has been just fine? TIA

4 Likes

Usually there is a cyst present in the early stages on one ovary, its called a corpus luteum and all it is the basically where the egg was released. Completely normal to see it via ultrasound that early

5 Likes

I had a cyst that showed on my ultrasound at 6 weeks. It was the corpus luteum cyst from where the egg released.

1 Like

Me! With my first I was seen to get an US and nothing was seen. I was only about 3 weeks. Dr said he saw a cyst and that it may be an ectopic pregnancy. He had me come in every week after the initial appt and 3 weeks (being 6 weeks at that point) everything was seen. I now have a happy and healthy 6yo!

3 Likes

I have a cyst on my ovaries an I have two healthy baby boys I’ve had it since i was 18 had my first when I was 20 an my second at 21 I’m now 22 an it’s still there but hasn’t grown any bigger so no cause for concern

Yes, Dr said theres only an empty sac and i should get cleaned out, My husband took me to another Dr for a second opinion and everything was fine. You should Get a second opinion

1 Like

They told me I had an empty sac and no heartbeat and tried to force me to take medication to abort. I’m glad I waited until I had bleeding or confirmation of no viable fetus. A week later found out I was having my daughter and that I would have terminated a perfect healthy baby girl had I followed their instruction. Of course they tried to pressure me to terminate at 24 weeks again(with still a healthy baby & I was very sick). Do what you think is best and stick to it. Sometimes we know ourselves and our babies better than anyone.

3 Likes

You would have bleeding non stop, enough to fill up pads in an hour or 2.
I had an ectopic pregnancy, get an appointment to get your tubes looked at

I think the doctor scared you more than anything… and that’s really wrong. The doctor caused a lot more stress than needed. You’re 5 weeks and they saw the baby implanted in the uterus. The cyst on your ovary doesn’t lead to your baby detaching and moving back up your tube. I’m not sure why they worded it that way. I don’t think you have anything to worry about. I have PCOS, so I had cysts during my entire pregnancy. My son was fine :heart:

If the gestational sac etc showed up surely the Dr knows its not ectopic/in the right place. That makes no sense.

1 Like

It almost killed me, Please take it seriously! Make sure you get regular untrasounds and, not just internal ones! Good Luck!