Signs of labor?

How did you ladies know you were in labor. As far as I know, my water hasn’t broken. However, since 8:30 pm last night, I have had runs and vomiting with cramping-like symptoms. I just wanna hear different labor stories. When do I say enough is enough to the throwing up. I’m not trying to be that woman that goes to the er, but I’m not keeping anything down. I’m currently 37 weeks pregnant. Any insight would be helpful.

14 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Signs of labor? - Mamas Uncut

Go to hospital please

I would go I has twins at 33 weeks and same thing for me and ended up dehydrated and put on iv

Go to the hospital you cant take the risk of becoming dehydrated

2 Likes

Go to the hospital asap!

Go to th e hospital… better safe than sorry

That might be a sign of early labor but most likely they will make sure your hydrated and send u home. When labor hits you will know. Its the worst pain ever. If u can talk threw a contraction then your not ready. I was in full blown labor for 3.5 days before I ended up having a c-section. Trust me. When ur in labor you’ll know

My water didn’t break either I had back and stomach contractions and after 26 hrs of labor I ended up with a c section because the baby went into distress. Not to mention I felt them cut my incision because the anesthesia only numbed one side.

I would go to the hospital. The runs and vomiting makes you lose fluids and you can’t be dehydrated at this time.

Labor for me, I lost my mucus plug and started having contractions the next day. Always remember the 5-1-1 rule! The contractions will come every 5 minutes, lasting 1 minute each, for at least 1 hour.

That’s exactly how my second one was. I was in the bathroom for 12 hours and then my water broke.

Go to the ER even if you’re not in labor you’re obviously dehydrated and need fluids

1 Like

That sounds like possible Labor. Go to the hospital it’s not worth the risk

When I’m doubt, talk to a doctor. You might not wanna be that person and go to the ER, but it’s always better to be safe.

1 Like

You’ve been vomiting since last night, go to the ER ASAP. Like yesterday ASAP because you are probably dehydrated

My water broke and I didn’t know it i thought I peed myself after throwing up I would go to the hospital and Good luck

When I’m doubt, go get checked. They will take you right up to L&D. But when you actually go into labor, you’ll know.

You are far enough along baby will be fine just go in so they can stop labor if they feel its necessary

You’ll get painful cramps,in your abdominal area,and your lower back.Trust me,you’ll know.

Personally I went once I noticed my “bloody show” or mucus plug made an appearance. My water broke well into 20 hours of labor🙃 Either way it sounds like you should go get checked out Mumma! Better safe then sorry, best wishes x

Even the same woman can have different experiences with different pregnancy s…throwing up maybe you should go er or at least call your ob

1 Like

As a nurse and a mom, go to the ER.

Clearly go to the dr

Definitely go to the hospital ASAP. You can get dehydrated so fast. Girl I went to the hospital over a hemorrhoid. Don’t be afraid to be that “pregnant girl” just go! Better safe than sorry! Wishing you the best!

Not all water broke by itself sometimes it need to get clip. Go right away to ER even if baby not ready take check up. Vomiting could also be stomach infection. If baby is a bit early could possibly need CS Drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated.

Uhmmm call your OB not Facebook

I went in for my week 38 visit. Doctor check for dilation, blood pressure, the normal visit stuff. I was cramping to the point I couldn’t talk. This was my second pregnancy so I knew the feeling so the nurse hooked me up to the baby heartbeat monitor and contraction monitor. I was spiking. I was a high risk pregnancy so they tried getting my blood pressure down, that didn’t work so I went to the er and I was admitted. The next I had my son. If your water breaks naturally, you will know. It could feel like a gush or like you pee’d a little.

If you’re not keeping anything down, it’s not good for the baby. I would go to the er. Better safe than sorry.

I had a friend who had the same symptoms when she was pregnant. Best to go to the hospital and get checked out. Your body could be eliminating everything as a way to get ready!

I never went in to labor naturally. But when i was pregnant with my 4 i got sick and was throwing up for hours, the hubby finally made me go to the hospital and i was severely dehydrated. It took them a long time to find a vein. Plus from from me being so dehydrated my daughters heart rate kept going down ad we couldn’t get it to regulate. They induced me a few hours later cuz of it. I was 37 weeks

Go in. Get checked out. Plus you might be getting dehydrated.

I work for an OB and i would definitely advise you to go to the ER.

Hydrate with pedialyte and call your doc or go in

Just go to ER. Worse case scenario they send you home. I had that happen and then was in active labor 3 hours after going home.

What you are experiencing was my labor

1 Like

That’s how my labour started !

I’d be headed to labor and delivery if I were you.

1 Like

you better go to the hospital so the can keep you from dehyrating

2 Likes

Every pregnancy is different go get checked labor and delivery has seen it all. If in doubt about labor get it checked

1 Like

It started like gentle menstrual cramps that intensifies. Mine started at 2am. When it did not dissipate at 8:00 am, I decided to wake my brother up to take me to the hospital. At 9pm, my baby is out :slightly_smiling_face:

Vomiting would cause dehydration and in turn cause labor!

I would definitely advise going to the ER, you’re probably dehydrated at this point.

I was 34 week and 2 days just about to warm my tea in microwave and notice I bit of wet in my knickers I thought. Hospital trying delaying labour but my son had other plans he was born 8.15 am same time was was suppose to start work. I remember getting told in labour that I was behaviour normal I remember saying sorry but it don’t hurt. I must have a stronge pain freah hold

If your water breaks and you touch the liquid it will have white flakes in it. My water was slightly leaking. Barely. That was my sign. My mom told me to check this way and was spot on. Got to hospital and they didn’t believe me at first and tested me since it wasn’t a gush of liquid and barely any at all actually…sure enough water had broke and I was in labor

I started having stomach aches but at that time I didn’t know that they were not stomach aches I was like that Thursday afternoon when I went to my doctors appointment but I didn’t think much of it I was 38 weeks pregnant and I didn’t have any vomiting but everyone’s labor is different but without noticing as the day went on my stomach ache started to get a little bit worse by the hour but I was so naïve it was my first delivery that was going to be a vaginal by night time maybe around 10 PM I thought it was you know regular cramping like I will usually get once in a while through my whole pregnancy almost bottle around 1 AM I woke up with by that time pain that I know was no longer stomachaches I didn’t want to come to terms with the fact that I was going to leave her because it was scary for me I tried going back to sleep but I couldn’t continue to sleep at all I just continue to get those pains it was not that constant but I was getting them and then when my boyfriend finally told me you know when we’re going to go to the doctor because I know for a fact this is not your regular crampy I want to take a shower and in the shower my water broke and that was when I know and then I got to the hospital and I didn’t have my baby till eight in the morning of course right before pushing I started throwing up insane throwing up the doctor told me it was because of all the hormones from before you know pushing

That’s how mine started and I ended up having preeclampsia luckily I only spent 3 days in the hospital.

That’s how my labor was. Even on the epidural I was still throwing up lol. Good luck!

With my son I was cramping at 39 weeks and tried to take a bath and felt something weird come out, a few hours later I couldn’t stand or walk without crying so I went in and was 5 cm I was in labor for 9 hours with him, with my daughter I had lost my mucus plug the day before she was due I had a doctors appointment at 1 and lost my plug around 12 and was cramping the entire drive there I was in the room waiting for him crying he checked me and I was 4 cm I went home grabbed my bag went back and within the hour she was there I was in labor for 4 hrs

Sounds like your body is doing a clear out preparing for labour
Once cramping isn’t regular contractions it could just be slow labour
Ring your maternity ward and ask for advice

You are in early signs of labor . Please go to the E.R stat ! Waiting without any proper medical supervision may be dangerous . Wishing you the best on your delivery . Keep us posted when the little nugget arrives :heart:

I was induced at 39 weeks and pretty much felt the pain straight away. I remember an hour later struggling to go to the toilet and not passing anything through because it felt like I needed to do a :poop: happened twice before the midwife was like “oh crap you’re 6 cm dilated” :woman_facepalming:t4:

I’m 37+6 right now and I hear you. I’m still sitting at work right now with bad contractions wondering if I should leave. They are stronger than BH but not as painful as what I think contractions should be. But I do have a high pain tolerance. I use to work as an ER nurse, so I’m just watching my symptoms really closely.

1 Like

Following I am also 37+6 and have nausea all day but I also have ibs and take laxatives and going a lot from the laxative so I’m like what do I look out for if this is a normal occurrence :hot_face::pregnant_woman:t4::pleading_face:

I never had symptoms like that but it wouldn’t hurt to go to ER to be safe.

All labors different… If any doubts head to emergency room