Since having my daughter I do not feel the same about my husband: Thoughts?

I just had my daughter five weeks ago, and I don’t know why, but since the day we came home from the hospital, I have not been feeling the same about my husband. For some reason, I am SO annoyed and almost disgusted by him at times. It’s not that he is not a good father. He is so great with our baby, and he loves her so much. I seriously don’t even want him to kiss me most of the time. Every conversation leads to an argument. I am jealous of you ladies who want sex and actually can stand the thought of having sex with your husbands! I feel so horrible right now. I don’t know what this is! I know I love my husband. Someone, please tell me this is temporary. I feel like I need space and a break from it all, but then I see him with our daughter, and my heart melts. I need your help, ladies! What should I do? Should I tell him how I feel? I really don’t want to hurt him! Uhhh, I want to be normal again!

43 Likes

This happened with me too. It eventually went away. I just had to remind myself he’s a great dad

1 Like

It’s all part of postpartum hormones.

Don’t forget lack of sleep.

It usually passes

10 Likes

Sounds like hormones and PPD. Definitely talk to your dr.

4 Likes

This sounds like post part I’m depression. Please talk to your doctor about what you have as far as options. Therapy is definitely something to look into. We’re here for you mama.

5 Likes

Ppd is real. Also you shouldn’t even have sex til after 6 weeks and a check from your doctor. Your uterus has a gaping wound in it right now.

4 Likes

Sounds like some post partum. Talk to your doctor

2 Likes

Hormones are a bitch! Allow your body to adjust to all these changes!!! If continues y’all to your doctor!

It’s normal. It eventually fades away.

2 Likes

Sounds like you may have some postpartum depression. When yoi go back to your doctor definitely talk with them about it.

2 Likes

100% normal. Your body will take awhile to go back to normal but it will go back and those feelings will go away

1 Like

You just had a baby. Give it some time

1 Like

It sounds like you have postpartum depression or just the hormones. I would speak to your doctor about it and just remember that you and his life has changed dramatically but you need to be able to sit down and explain what is going on. So he knows that you are having a hard time right now but that you still love him and want to work it out no matter what.

5 Likes

Talk to your doctor! This is definitely part of postpartum hormones! :heart:

1 Like

Postpartum. Talk to him be honest. It will pass

It’s hormones ! :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:stupid things that they are, it will pass in time , give your self a break . Just take each day as it comes and let him help you if you need it

2 Likes

It will be ok, it def sounds like post partum. Please speak with your gyno…they will have tips on how to deal. It might be a natural response in out brain to stay away from the male for awhile, :blush:. Better days ahead :heart:

1 Like

Happen to me. And we broke up lol and I didnt love him lol. I before the baby maybe but after baby nope I didnt love them

3 Likes

Maybe resentment if you didnt have a easy birth?

1 Like

I am currently 16wks pregnant and feel the same about my husband. Since I got pregnant I just havent felt the same about him and just dont want to be bothered by him.

Time to talk to your doctor this is a common form of post partum depression. If you feel this way after six months to a year it’s safe to say he is simply your daughters father and that’s all he ever will be and that’s okay too. Don’t feel guilty either way because you have to put your happiness first so you can be there %100 for that baby.

6 Likes

You are exhausted. That’s all it is. Sleep deprivation will cause all kinds of weird feelings. Dont worry you still love your husband and this will pass…just give it time…force yourself to try to be intimate. I remember feeling that way and making myself be intimate and it helped alot when we made love and snuggled

4 Likes

It’s a post partum depression symptom

PPD ! Go to your OBGYN for meds. They changed me and made me happier. I called them the happy pills! If I didn’t take them I’d be a wacko. Not all PPD is wanting to harm your child. Don’t be afraid to bring it up to the doctor! Good luck it gets better!

2 Likes

I would definitely talk with your doctor.

3 Likes

Postpartum depression is tough! Talk to your OB doctor and they will help get you through it.

2 Likes

Go see a doctor… dont just sit with these feeling they can lead to guilt and just get worst and create more problems💗 seek help it can get better!!! Really! Congrats on everything you have just went through! Big changes*

3 Likes

I didn’t want to be touched after having my last daughter. You are not alone. It should pass, especially if you didn’t feel like this before.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like post pardom depression, see your OB and speak with them they will be able to help you with options to help, and I think speaking with your husband and explain (maybe without being so honest) just tell him you are having a tough time right now. You just became a mom it takes sometime to feel like yourself again! Much Love to ya!

1 Like

Completely normal! I went on birth control pills right afterward and between the pill, PPD, and having a newborn, i almost called off our wedding. Took me about a year and going off birth control all together before i felt 100% normal and myself again.

It’s normal, but I’d talk to your obgyn. Sounds like postpartum depression.

2 Likes

Its absolutely normal. Lol. Give it time. Things will normal out again.

Hun sounds
Like you might have
Some post partum depression going on. It can mess with you in strange ways

3 Likes

Tell your doctor! It’s the hormones!

4 Likes

It’s VERY normal. Mine got worse after number 2. I do it for him but im St ill not really interested most of the time

1 Like

Maybe post partum depression get your harmones check

It’s just hormones hun. Tell him your just feeling disconnected from things right now and need to get away for a day. Go shopping, get a massage, get your nails done…I promise you’ll come back feeling refreshed! :wink:

Normal. You need to fight these feelings and go talk to a dr. I had the same.

1 Like

Normal. So normal. Everyone is right talk to your doc.

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I felt. I couldn’t stand him being around me and the more he kisses me the more annoying I get. There was a lot going on so I set up a doctors appointment and went and I was told it’s part of PPD. After a couple months things started to fall back the way it used to be. He wasn’t annoying anymore, he didn’t make me feel any other way. It was like I just fell in love all over again with him. You just need to take a break from everything, relax and focus on yourself. Dont think about it too hard

3 Likes

I felt this way too. Remember that your hormones are all over the place, making you feel off. Dont jump the gun. With time you will feel better. Talk to your obgyn about this.

Sounds like post partum. Talk to your doctor and to your spouse as well. You could be pushing him away on top of everything if he doesn’t understand what you’re going through.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like post partum depression. please go see your doctor or ob/gyn as soon as possible

Your hormones are still going crazy and regulating so that could be an explanation. Also as others have said PPD could be an explanation as well, I would definitely talk to a doctor or even a counselor, an anti-depressant may help you feel better and not feel this way towards your hubby.

It’s hormones. It will pass. I hated my cat lol. My love for her came back.

talk to your OB Dr, & see a therapist, go to a support group

1 Like

You need to go to the doctor you most likely have ppd.

1 Like

This happened to me. It’s most likely your hormones. It went away after about 3 months for me

2 Likes

I’m 32 weeks pregnant and have felt this way about my fiancé for a few weeks now…Sorry you’re going through that but I also glad it’s not just me!

1 Like

Very temporary. It’s the hormones and being tired and having someone else who you love so completely. Give it time.

1 Like

People say it’s normal but it wasn’t for me! I loved my sons father and when I got pregnant everything was great then when my son came everything changed, I no longer had the same feelings for him and never got them back, we split when my son was a little over a year and now he’s 11. We are great friends and are actually living together as roommates to raise our son together but I never got the feelings back and even looking back I don’t know why! He’s not abusive, I wasn’t going through PPD, it wasn’t the birth control, he’s a great father I Just didn’t have any feelings for him anymore! :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Sounds like ppd . Talk to your dr

1 Like

Post Partum Depression

1 Like

Hormones or post partum depression/anxiety… our bodies go through soooooo much… ur best bet is to talk to ur obgyn about this

I felt this way with husband with our first baby

I disliked my husband so much, him talking to me just made me so mad, I had PPD, zoloft helped LOTS.

Could have postpartum… talk to your doctor

I would talk to your dr. May just be hormones, but could be a sign of postpartum depression. Please take care of yourself, the rest will follow :blue_heart:

PPD is different with everyone. After I had my first, I didnt feel any different because I already had depression and wounded emotions. With my second, I finally told the medical world about my depression and how I would feel. They tried to give me BF safe antidepressant, but I was deathly allergenic. Like my I couldn’t breath after seconds of taking the pill

Also having a newborn can be sooo stressful, it’s normal to feel the way you do

Could be PPD…
Not uncommon to feel this way, hormones and adjusting to life with baby, is HARD. Talk to your doctor,and know your not alone. Confide in a close friend too if you can

It’s hormonal…possibly a form of PPD. I’ve actually heard of this happening a lot

Hormones definitely!

You need to talk to your dr about this! Definitely hormonal imbalance or ppd, in my opinion.

See your doctor! Like others said Post partum depression! Stay strong! Things will get better!

1 Like

Temp. Went through the same thing.

1 Like

I see similar questions on here A LOT!

Ladies! If you just had a baby! Your hormones are WILD. Do not expect anything to be back to normal for a long time. That includes your emotions, thoughts, likes/dislikes, ANYTHING.

This is normal. You could feel like you love him so much more. Or you could not want him around. You could be extra horny or not want to have sex for the next 6 months.

Being irritated right now is incredibly normal. Just try to do your best to stay healthy and get your hormones back in order.

3 Likes

I was in love with my husband and then after my daughter was born, it changed. Dynamics changed. I developed a very bad case of postpartum depression. If you need to get help, please do so.

U dont have to love someone to want to have sex with them
It’s a bonus to love and be attracted to that person
So the question is whether u feel any kind of libido at all? Or whether u should be honest with him besides going to see a dr. About ppd.
Its beyond ppd it’s the fact that u r not attracted to him and loving him is not convincing u to want his affection. Do do u even love him?
Was there any sort of dispute between u guys? If not then get off birth control and see if this resolves ur feelings?

I honestly had that happen
I didnt feel it
And after baby didnt feel it
Yrs later still.dont love him

We all have pharomones and u have different hormones that ur attracted to while on birth control
The truest example of what ur attracted to is when u r not on birth control.

We go through extreme changes after giving birth
So say u r very nauseous and negative at this time so u dont offend him and need to address these issues
Meanwhile remember he still loves u and i,s attracted to u, u r suffering and in crisis and so time is of the essence to fix ur mental health and get an accurate status

Postmandon talk to your Dr first don’t hurt him he might take it the wrong way and then go be with another person …Js go see your doctor ASAP

Having a baby is hard, it brings out a lot of stress and things you didn’t even know were there in your life before. It’s only been 5 weeks, give it more time. You sound stressed out and tired. Try to get some time away from hubby and baby, even if it’s just to run to the store for something. Talk to your doctor about this things at your next checkup. Know that these feelings are normal and things will get better. Hang in there!

I had ppd with my daughter almost 16yrs ago. With all the hormones dropping it’s normal to feel like this. It’s all new and will get better. :heart:

Please communicate with your husband that hormone changes are happening and both please be patient with nature’s process. If improvements don’t happen then communicate with your doctor.

1 Like

For me it was temporary. It was post partum depression for me. Stopped as soon as I got on medicine

It’s not I’m common to feel this way u may still have post partum depression sometimes it goes on for sometime

I felt this way with my second kiddo. And it started long before he was born. From about 3 months on I felt like if I even saw my guys parts I’d scream. I wanted nothing and I mean zero to do with him I didn’t even want him to be near me when we slept. It lasted until our son was 4 or 5 months old. Which felt like an eternity to both of us. He was very patient with me. Bu I also explained to him that I do love him but I can’t control my feelings right now. He respected the boundary but chalked it up to hormones and he didn’t push. Don’t push yourself too hard growing a human is hard work and it takes and changes a lot of who we are, our normal changes. So give yourself time. Talk to him and explain it to him. And also if you aren’t feeling better about things or you feel it gets worse definitely talk to your doc. Good luck.

1 Like

Talk to your doctor. I almost ended my marriage after I had my daughter cause my hormones were so out of wack and I was so angry all the time. I’m so thankful I called my doctor and was able to take care of things. I love my husband so much and it would have been the BIGGEST mistake to end things. You go through so much after having a baby and it continues for so long. You have to talk to someone.

2 Likes

Could be hormones post partum depression

1 Like

Talk to your dr. See if he can give you something to help. Don’t be so hard on yourself, girl you just grew a tiny human! I’m sure it’s just hormones. I would talk to mine bc I’m sure he is feeling some type of way about the way you feel about him now.

Post partum depression honey

1 Like

Same here I just had my daughter the 2bd

I’m exactly the same …I had my twin daughters 12 weeks ago but sadly lost one of my twin daughters due to stillbirth …but I’ve totally gone off my partner :pleading_face: nice to know I’m not the only one.

Your hormones are crazy right now. Also sounds like ppd. I hated everyone for the first 3 months pp especially my husband! I was a person I didn’t even recognize! My poor husband took a lot of shit from me. Give it time, and if you still feel that way than make a decision.

Natural birth control
Monitor your emotions for PPD and go to the doc if it gets too bad
<3 congrats on your new bundle

1 Like

Totally normal. Give it time.

Give it time…your hormones are out of whack right now.

Post partum could be a major factor in that, give it time. Make some changes! Tell him you’d like to try spicing up your relationship! Good luck!

Tempery lady … Its ok everything will be fime with the grace of god … Just keep loveing them

1 Like

Talk to your Dr about postpartum depression. Your horomones are soooo out of whack right now, just breathe mama. Love your baby and eventually your feelings will level back out. Having a baby is hard on the body. Physically and mentally. When we don’t feel ourselves we can get angry and isolated. Just breathe, drink a cup of coffee, put on some relaxing tunes and do you for a bit. Give it a bit and if you’re not feeling better they have short term meds that can help you bounce back and feel yourself again!

1 Like

Post partum it’s the hormones they’re still out of sorts you need to speak to your doctor and ask for help and he has every right to know how you feel cuz he also can help you with this

1 Like

Its postpartum. Make sure to talk to your doctor. Lots of emotions going on after baby is born.

It should be temporary, but I’d talk to your doctor. It most likely has something to do with hormones and maybe they have some great advice to help you through this. I know it’s hard being honest when we’re afraid it’s going to hurt someone, but he can probably already sense that things aren’t normal. With that being said you should probably in the most loving way possible tell him basically just like you wrote it on here while reassuring him that you know that you love him and you don’t understand why you are feeling like this and maybe the two of you can figure it out together. :heart:best wishes and Congratulations :heart:

2 Likes

Your hurting him by not telling him . There shouldn’t be a problem for you to talk to him about this feelings you are having because even you don’t know why are you feeling like this . He should understand and not get mad . Hope it all works out and your emotions are you temporary

My daughters 5 months today and I’m same way…

I wouldn’t tell him exactly what you said here, as it may sound pretty harsh, but i would explain to him that you’re having a hard time with intimacy, etc right now because of the hormones after having a baby. You could have a bit of post partum, i would definitely talk to the doctor about it.

2 Likes

I know how ya feel its been nearly 3 years now and i still feel that way I hate the thoughts of being touched at all. Tbh i don’t even know we even lasted this long and we have me 2 girls now.

100% normal! You have crazy hormones surging through your body after the baby. I was raging for weeks afterwards and have just now started to feel somewhat back to myself. Still not there totally though.

It sounds like a little bit of post partum to me. I would suggest talking to your doctor about everything you’re feeling and see what they suggest. Maybe get a hormone test done

1 Like

talk to your obgyn at your 6 to 8 week check, you may have a hormone imbalance, it may be post partum depression, but it should be temporary.

1 Like

Take a deep breath and remember how people always say a baby will change your relationship? Its 100% true but you have to remember your focus and his focus will be the baby. Your feelings for each other may seem small but it will return, love. Just give it time