The guy I met on tinder has been lying about his job

I have been dating this guy that I met on tinder about 8 months ago. Things have been going really well. I like him, he likes me, I was surprised to find someone so decent. In the way beginning his profile said he worked in the oil fields, which I thought was super coolā€¦he has kept up with this story for the past 8 months of us dating. Even so much as going away for weeks at a time ā€œfor workā€. Today, I found out he actually worked at MCDONALDS and now I donā€™t know how to feel. I feel like I like him less due to his jobā€¦or maybe its because I found out he lied to meā€¦idkā€¦how do I even approach him about this? I donā€™t get why he would lie about it and keep up this whole lie.

470 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. The guy I met on tinder has been lying about his job - Mamas Uncut

Red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: what else did he lie about

15 Likes

Oh no. Sorry to hear that, I say run if he is lying and disappearing he is hiding more then a job

6 Likes

He probably has a girlfriend or bm that he lives with or goes to see when he is on those trips

13 Likes

he lied. THE END. If he worked at mcDā€™s he should have stated that from the start. Heā€™s a poser

5 Likes

Go into McDonaldā€™s place a order when heā€™s working . Then talk to him when his shift ends. Then get yourself a new man

8 Likes

He probably lied for the exact reasonā€¦ you literally said you like him less because he works at McDonaldā€™s :woman_shrugging:t2:

29 Likes

U donā€™t get why he would lie? Are u not making the connection?

1 Like

Heā€™s probably married or a gf, you canā€™t trust a liar

3 Likes

He lied because you are Judging him for working at McDonaldā€™s

10 Likes

Yeah. Thatā€™s a deal breaker. Where is he going when he is away for ā€œworkā€? If he had just said that he worked at McDonaldā€™s, that wouldnā€™t be a deal breaker for me ā€¦ keeping up a lie that long RED FLAG

11 Likes

Omg! Dawn Corley-Little :rofl::rofl::rofl:

He lied. Thatā€™s the only issue I see here.

2 Likes

If he told you he flipped burgers not a biggie, but lyingā€¦ well thats a whole different story.

3 Likes

Find out which one he works at and when heā€™s working go get some foodā€¦

6 Likes

Heā€™s obviously embarrassed about his job because of your exact reaction. Though, he still definitely lied. Leave him be, and move on.

3 Likes

Run not because he works at McDonaldā€™s but because he can actually lie, that long too. :triangular_flag_on_post:

10 Likes

Hes now a proven lier i wouldnt trust a word he says run

2 Likes

Still a stranger to you pretending to have this super great life whatā€™s he doing on those so called trips? Hanging with other gfs?

9 Likes

maybe itā€™s a side job??

Sounds like he lied because you may be high maintenance and look down on people who work in certain areas and he could tell. He may have been working in the oil fields in the beginning and something may happened and he needed a different job so he got one at McDonaldā€™s. Maybe actually sit down and talk to him about why he lied and once you get to the reason on why then go from there.

26 Likes

It was a good 8 months but byeeee. Regardless if youā€™d like him no katter which job he had but at this point heā€™s been lying for 8 months. Thatā€™s enough to walk away. Thatā€™s a long time to keep up with a lie! Nope. No way.

4 Likes

He lied. Which means you say goodbye itā€™s the first of many.

Brandi M. Holcombe :fries:

You got to be kidding. What did you expect. Itā€™s the Internet.

Run my ex did the same and eventually found he was a pathological liar

So where has he been going for weeks at a time?? I seriously think this might be a crazy ex of mineā€¦ He probably has another complete life somewhere elseā€¦

9 Likes

Ask him why he lied?

3 Likes

So instead of working in the "oil field "ā€¦heā€™s the ā€œfry guyā€ā€¦smh.
Run.

2 Likes

Aw grow the fuxk up. If thatā€™s all you have to worry you! If youā€™re concerned or worried ask him, jeez!

5 Likes

Oh honey. Tinder is for one nighters.

1 Like

Um no he straight up lied about his job. What if yā€™all would have gotten married? Or started a family? Like with you thinking youā€™d be supported with that oil field moneyā€¦but Youā€™d be supporting everyone. Where did he go for weeks at a time? Another girl? What else is he Lyin about. Heck no. Get out now lol

8 Likes

He shouldnā€™t have lied but would you have continued to date him if you knew he worked at McDonaldā€™s? His job shouldnā€™t matter and just because he lied about his job doesnā€™t mean he lied about anything else.

1 Like

I think itā€™s the lie, a job is a job. He is definitely hiding something more than a job tbh but this is just my gut feeling.

2 Likes

I had one tell me about working on oil riggsā€¦ended up ā€¦he was from Nigeria

3 Likes

Lying is an issue. Also wondering why he would go away for weeks at a time if it wasnā€™t actually for work. Kinda makes me think he is up to something.

7 Likes

Iā€™d pop in McDonalds !
I hate a liar !

2 Likes

My guess is he lied cause of your very reaction. Very shallow to not like someone based on what they do for a living. He could be the nicest bloke on the planet and you donā€™t like him cause of his jobšŸ¤” I actually feel for him not you .

5 Likes

They lie about one thing, thatā€™s not going to be all they lie about.

5 Likes

Kick him to the curb itā€™s not about the job itā€™s about him lying to you for 8 months and having no problems doing it

3 Likes

Why are we not all agreeing that in a long term sense itā€™s better he work in McDonaldā€™s then make money destroying the earth.

2 Likes

Leaveā€¦ a lie is a lie and where exactly was he going for those weeks away

3 Likes

Naw kick him to the curb he lied about something petty . Now it would be if he said I worked a MCDONALD and really worked in the oil gas field and said oh I said it to see if you was gold digger but that whole lying crap naw he got to go.

1 Like

I would not be upset about his job, but I would be upset that he has been lying to me.

2 Likes

Lying is the problem, if u like him less bc of him even ING hsbign sjob. U donā€™t need a man but work on yourself.

You should watch the Netflix documentary called the tinder swindlerā€¦

3 Likes

Thing is ā€¦you donā€™t know if he lied because heā€™s embarrassed about his job ā€¦or lied so he has an excuse to take off and cheat saying the same bull story to the other woman ā€¦regardless ā€¦to be able to keep up a facade like that is frightening ā€¦I sincerely doubt itā€™s the first time and not just about the job either

6 Likes

U like him less cause he works at McDonaldā€™s you sound a bit like a gold digger. Why does it matter where he works?

But I totally understand the liking him less cause he lied to you for so long

2 Likes

Iā€™d ask why he lied and then bring up the fact if he hid that then what else is he hiding as well, but if he isnā€™t hiding anything else then it shouldnā€™t matter about his job

4 Likes

Heā€™s lied to you the entire relationship, where he worked wouldnā€™t make me end things, the fact that he lied for almost a year most definitely would.

6 Likes

Or maybe, just maybe he was embarrassed where he worked and he didnā€™t want judgement. A lie is a lie of course. But some people donā€™t have self confidence. Iā€™d just talk to him about it. At least heā€™s making moneyā€¦ And not an illegal wayā€‹:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: not every lie is pointed at being evil and malicious. It could just be a self esteem thing.

3 Likes

He started right from the bat with a huge lie. Thatā€™s a big no no.

1 Like

Are you one of those people who thinks if someone works as McDonaldā€™s they are beneath you? Thatā€™s probably why he lied because of people who act like that. A job is a job

3 Likes

Run! If you canā€™t trust him and heā€™ll lie about something as inconsequential as work that really doesnā€™t matter in the larger scheme of things, you have no future foundation for trust and will always wonder what heā€™s lying about.

9 Likes

Um maybe hes not proud of where he worksā€¦.thatā€™s acceptableā€¦.what you should really be turned off aboutā€¦ is him going away for weeks at a time. He has all kindsa other lives and lies if heā€™s AWOL for weeks at a time.

4 Likes

Talk to him. Ask him. Im guessing he will freak out blame you and leave you. But thats just me

1 Like

Maybe he is embarrassed to work at mcds but who cares At least he has a job

7 Likes

Leave. You donā€™t need a liar. A job is a job. A lie is a lie. So what of its cleaning toilets. Donā€™t lie about it. You can still be a boss no matter your position if you provide.

5 Likes

Ask yourself, would you have given him a chance if he was honest with you? The answer, Iā€™m sure is no. He potentially was worried about this and got caught up in a lie. At least he works. Donā€™t be shallow.

4 Likes

Be like Forest and RUN :running_woman: ok :ok_hand:

1 Like

I would talk to him have him come clean heā€™s just embarrassed of his job itā€™s a guy thing give him a chance

I would like to think itā€™s due to his lying and not the fact of his place of work, because that just makes you sound like a gold digger and just worried about the money. But either way, I would confront him about it - and if it were me, Iā€™d walk right through those McDonaldā€™s doors and make sure we connected eyes; no drama, no words, just that look to get across that ā€œJig is up. You got caught. Weā€™ll chat about this laterā€.
Edited:
And why his lying? Tinder. Booty. Dogs will lie to get what they want. And he got he wanted, so continued the lie.

6 Likes

Idk I had a guy interested in me and found out he was lying about his age. Stopped talking to him. Been through too much to deal with liars :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Move on ā€¦dont waste any more time

What else is he lying about?!?! This is a big deal.

1 Like

If he lied then he obviously has intentions of doing more lying in the future in order to use you

If heā€™s lying to you Abt his job.,what else is he lying to you about? He made himself out to be someone heā€™s not!

Get rid of that asap

McDonaldā€™s pays 10 an hour

Okay where is he going when he leaves for work for weeks??? I get that you can be ashamed, but parts of his story donā€™t add up

3 Likes

The reason he lied is pretty obvious but Iā€™d only be upset he lied. Lying at any point is a huge turn off, let along at the gate.

1 Like

Iā€™d end it. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with working at McDonaldā€™s but lying to you especially for that long is a huge issue. And where was he going or what was he doing when he was going away for weeks? You canā€™t have a good relationship without trust and you canā€™t trust someone who has no issue lying to you

6 Likes

You gotta ask yourself did you fall in love with him for who he is OR for his job titleā€‹:woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3: I mean heā€™s still the same guy, except maybe he was embarrassed to say he worked for McDonalds

5 Likes

Ughhh he lied BIG TIME. You canā€™t trust someone like that

Just ask him why he lied to you and see what he says but I donā€™t know if I can be with someone who lies from the start thatā€™s a red flag to me

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: if heā€™s going to lie about that, what else is he lying about. I once dated a guy who told me he worked for the State and traveled a lot. He too would be gone for weeks at a time. Turns out he was married.

4 Likes

He is not who he says he is. Probably hiding way more

1 Like

Going away weeks at the timeā€¦ means he has a second life.

2 Likes

I would be upset too that he lied but he was probably embarrassed. Going away for weeks at a time is kinda fishy since we know thatā€™s bs too; but I also kind of think that you could be shallow for liking him less because he doesnt have a good job like you thought. A job is a job, no matter where you work.

3 Likes

Firstly he is obviously insecure about his job because many woman are gold diggers.
Butā€¦. Because he lied what else would he lie about - red flag!
If itā€™s the job that attracted you to him that says more about you than him and you need to reflect on that and improve your attitude towards mens financial statuses and why a job of another person would rate so much higher than the man himself.
Have a discussion with him about why he felt the need to lie about his occupation and go from there.

2 Likes

Oh dear. He meant chip oil.

4 Likes

Probably so he can go have live his other life for ā€œweeksā€ at a time lol

1 Like

Leaving for weeks at a time for McDonaldā€™s??? You arenā€™t his only gf most likely. Call him out, block him on everything and drop him.

3 Likes

And THAT is the reason why he lied in the first place :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: now u feel and think less of him only due to hew JOBā€‹:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:Iā€™d leave for the fact of lieing

3 Likes

If he lies about this, he could be lying about other things

1 Like

A jobs a job as long as they are working and want to build a future together and he was obviously embaressed about where he works however heā€™s lied and for a long time so that would definitely make me wonder what else is real

3 Likes

Lol OMG!!! If heā€™s putting out that much effort to lie about something so petty, imagine when itā€™s something serious!

3 Likes

Heā€™s not decent, heā€™s a liar. If heā€™s lying about this and going away for weeks, what else is he lying about? What is he doing when he goes away for weeks?

I wouldnā€™t approach him about it, Iā€™d just dump him. Period. Let him go play games with someone else.

4 Likes

Heā€™s been lying he made you think he was someone heā€™s not and the big question is where was he all those " weeks at a time " he would leave
Itā€™s time to go

2 Likes

Go watch the Tinder Swindle and come back with your comment

4 Likes

I wanna know where he went for weeks :rofl::rofl:
Like if he committed and financially put himself out, to cover this lie.
Then Iā€™m guessing he was probably embarrassed about where he works.
He has a job, thatā€™s already a massive positive regardless where.

6 Likes

Heā€™s probably embarrassed of his job because of shallow ass w0men like you :expressionless:

Iā€™d be more worried about the 17 days out of the month you couldnā€™t see him. Where was he thenā€¦ must be lying about more than just his jobšŸ˜³

5 Likes

Liedā€¦not a good character traitā€¦on so man levelsā€¦you know it tooā€¦run

If he lied about this, what else is he hiding?

4 Likes

Ok , should be ashamed of where he works and what he does for a living , but why lie and where is he on his away time . He could have a different woman for each week he is away and telling them the same story .

3 Likes

Itā€™s hard to get over a lie. A real genuine person could work anywhere ( respectable ) & thatā€™s great. The days of being embarrassed by where you work are/should be long over with whatā€™s going on in this world. But again, that lie is gonna be a tough thing to get over. Talk to himā€¦ make sure thatā€™s the only thing being fabricatedā€¦ if he didnā€™t lie to you about working at McDonaldā€™s, would you even consider dating him? I hope, but from the looks of the word McDonaldā€™s all in CAPS, I wonder? Maybe you need to ask yourself that and perhaps itā€™s not a good fitā€¦for both of you.

1 Like

This is what makes me mad about menā€¦ let us decide whether we want to deal with things. Donā€™t lie! Thatā€™s why women have trust issues now.

2 Likes