The guy I met on tinder has been lying about his job

In his defense he might be a fry cook… so it’s definitely oil involved :joy::joy:

24 Likes

He probably has a wife somewhere too , lol

5 Likes

Okay the issue ISNT that he works at McDonalds, it’s that he lied……

But he lied because he was scared you would react exactly how you did lol.
(Yes because he’s gone for periods of time too, honestly he also is probably seeing someone else or SOMETHING shady is going on).

I’d leave him because he lied for so long, but you also sound judgmental as hell that you have an issue with where he works.

I’d leave him for lying, but you also need to re-evaluate yourself.

13 Likes

Oil fields, oil fryers

11 Likes

Girl run, he lied to you 8 months. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

He never shared pics from work?

1 Like

It’s because he lied to you. If he lied about something so petty, what else is he lying to you about. Leave, while it’s still early!

2 Likes

I wanna know he’s paying for all the dates.

1 Like

Can’t trust him again, leave x

He probably lied because he’s embarrassed he works at McDonald’s and for exactly how you like him less because of it lol

2 Likes

Liar get away. Who knows what he’s doing he’s not gonna tell you the truth obviously

Does he have two jobs and work on his of time ? I live in Alaska and we have a lot of oils workers aka slope and I’ve known some to have second jobs . Not Mc Donald’s but secondary employment

1 Like

Why lie about your job and especially for so long. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Girl stop tripping he meant he changes the oil in the fry vat. Same thing

15 Likes

I understand he may be embarrassed but lying is not ok. Ever.

1 Like

He was with someone else for those weeks. Run.

3 Likes

Are u sure it’s not a second job? If not I’d leave because the lying and shady acting with “going out of town for work” typically translates to I have another woman or family

2 Likes

So what he never smelled like cheeseburgers :joy:

2 Likes

Was there any signs? Did he ever ask if you wanted fries with that, while getting your food?

6 Likes

Know one thing LIEING now.years from now you will still be hearing LIES. Live your best life without the lies.

1 Like

If it’s the oil fields or petroleum, make sure it’s not a yahoo as that’s their stock standard. Widow, one child, engineer, God fearing. Classic yahoo lines.

2 Likes

Run! Don’t ignore the red flags in the beginning! It will just get worse as time goes on!

So that makes hem a liyer. If you like him. Tell hem one more ly. And he is gone. If you don’t like hem tell him good by.

I think he lied in the beginning because he’s embarrassed about were he works ,an then longer an more your relationship lasted the lie lasted to x

Besides being able to pull the lie off for the better half of a year, it’s the going away for weeks at a time part that baffles me. You sure you’re the only person he’s seeing?

11 Likes

What else is he lie about? Dump him.

4 Likes

Nope. End that shit. If he can lie about that what else has he lied about? Seriously.

Omg. Run fast. I’d he’s lying about that for 8 months, how can you trust him with anything else ?

2 Likes

Pay a visit to Mc Donnells and he cannot deny anything

3 Likes

He wasn’t lieing about the oil field if he’s changing oil in fryers! Or cleaning the grease traps! :man_shrugging::rofl:

13 Likes

He’s prob cheating and leeching off you. Working in fast food isn’t something to be ashamed of, but the repeated lying and secrets is a definite red flag

3 Likes

If he has lied to you this long and has gone for weeks for work, my guess is he’s playing at least two of you. Run and don’t look back because if he’s lying about his job, he’s lying about lots of other stuff too!

9 Likes

Lying is never ok and it’s not that he works there it’s the fact he lied to you. To be honest what else has lied to you about???

2 Likes

Not that it’s okay that he lied… but maybe he was embarrassed to tell you for fear of judgment :woman_shrugging: ya know… cause “people” can be shallow.:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Maybe he’s embarrassed that he works at McDonald’s and didn’t want to be judged on it, like you’re doing now. I understand he lied, but I think he only did it to protect himself from women who would look at him as less because of his job title. At least the man has a job. He may have taken a hit during the pandemic and that may have been his only option at the moment.

4 Likes

This happened to me with a guy I met on a dating app before meeting my husband. I found out before we even went on a date, so I was lucky. He told me he was a corporate executive of a telecommunications company. Turns out he did Bell installations. The :triangular_flag_on_post: here, and in your situation too, is that he lied. I just stopped talking to the guy since we hadn’t even met yet. I would suggest that you confront him about it and say you can’t be with someone who can’t be honest with you. Best of luck.

3 Likes

Run. This is a massive deceptive. There will be more, get out now.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think the job he has would matter, at least he does have one. But the lying part is what you need to be concerned about and where did he go weeks at a time? I’m assuming you don’t live together

9 Likes

He might have been embarrassed

3 Likes

I would be less concerned about McDonald’s and more concerned as to why he lied, and where the hell he’s going for weeks at a time

8 Likes

I would leave. This is child’s play.

2 Likes

Personally going by what you’re saying,I don’t think you should jump right into the “he’s a liar” I think he was probably embarrassed and said this other job to impress you and got so far in he didn’t know how to approach it but that’s my opinion. His job shouldn’t define whether you like him or not surely,bit shallow if so :heart:

2 Likes

I dated and lived with guy for 2 years with the same situation. EVERY detail of his life was a LIE. Get away as quickly as you can! My situation got very scary for me!

4 Likes

What is bad is he will keep on lying if he lied about something like that there is not much telling what else he is lying about

1 Like

Ashley Fountain. I’ve been meaning to tell you that I work at Wendy’s

4 Likes

He lied. That’s not ok. Embarrassed or not he lied and who knows what else he has lied about. Cut ties!

2 Likes

How on earth do you keep that a secret for 8 months lol

3 Likes

Lol it’s a job… a crappy one, but a job.
I’d bring it up to him very bluntly. " hey, sooooo you work in the oil fields right ? Then why did I just find out you work for mcdicks ?"
Ask him why he’s lied for so long. Not like it’ll change your mind or anything bc if he’s lied for 8 months and has gone so far with it as to say he’s gone for weeks for work… you don’t really want to deal with that kind of liar anyways

1 Like

Just like how woman insecurity is weight. Men insecurities are finance, so If he was lying about his job because he was ashamed of it, I wouldn’t take it too far as long as everything else is perfect.
Please use your own judgment and don’t go off these hateful miserable keyboard relationships therapists, all they can say is, Leave him this leave him that. They are bunch of abandoned people for a reason.

2 Likes

Maybe he is embarrassed to tell you he works at McDonald’s, he knew you would be less interested if he told you that. Hey at least he has a job.

Its tinder! What do you expect lol

1 Like

Stephanie Theophilopoulos lol this one

1 Like

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:
Run. If he’s lying about his job, he’s lying about other things too. And to go that far to compel the lie forward - nope. Bye dude.

3 Likes

If he’s going to lie about his job he’s been lying or is going to lie about a whole lot more unfortunately. That’s alot to keep a lie like that for tgat long.

4 Likes

He was going away to see his other family when he had to “leave for work”

11 Likes

Its not about where he works its about the fact he lied

1 Like

Dee-kawa Aravela Vuki Salanieta Vuki I meant to say I work picking oranges🤷

2 Likes

Sounds like he got a whole other life he is living. I wouldnt be surprised if he had a whole ass wife and kids and that’s where he spends his “weeks” at. I’m sorry.

He lied so be done. Cus he’ll just lie more.

3 Likes

He obviously lied because he knew that girls like yourself would find him less attractive with a job from mcdonalds (atm getting a job anywhere is a major win). He is probably embarrassed to only work at mcdonalds and wanted to sound cool and impressive. He probably also lied because he doesn’t wanna look like a deadbeat working at mcdonalds (I’ve heard alot of girls and guys make comments they would never date anyone who works at mcdonalds because they are deadbeats with a dead end job)

2 Likes

He’s embarrassed but like sooner or later you were going to find out especially since the money is such a drastic difference. But the being away for weeks at a time is messed. Where has he been then?

1 Like

He probably is married as well , it’d be a convenient lie to say you work away from home …

Just run and don’t look back

5 Likes

I would run very far away!! Yes he lied about where he works but my only thing is where was he going for weeks at a time??? He could have a wife a kids somewhere and you don’t know anything about it.

3 Likes

The leaving for “weeks at a time” makes this double red flag if you guys have been hanging out in person, lying about a job could be a they are embarrassed thing, but also going as far as and claiming to leave for days or weeks at a time, what is he doing during that time really since it isn’t the job🤷🏻‍♀

2 Likes

Working at maccas isn’t the problem. It’s that he lied about it. I mean why? A jobs a job. Run :running_woman:

I guess embarrassed.

Probably not sure if it would get serious.

A lot of people judge.

I guess it’s something u need to ask urself is it because of the lie or u think he would have a better occupation.
It’s like when people on dating sites kinda say they like hiking but prefer watching Netflix.
Kinda make their profile look better.

2 Likes

Y’all act like no body lies … no one is perfect… maybe he was embarrassed to tell you or any woman he works there…

Girl. RUN. One lie leads to many. No thank you. Especially if you have littles.

2 Likes

That’s like a whole other life this dude has. He made this a very very very thought out lie. In my opinion if he can lie about something like this he will easily lie about anything else. And what the heck was he doing in these “work trips”? Visiting his other family? Girl run.

10 Likes

Maybe he lied because he was ashamed and he really liked you and thought you wouldn’t date him if he worked there ??

3 Likes

He lied and he is gone for weeks at a time while working for McDonald"s…c’mon, you can’t be serious about going forward with this relationship.

5 Likes

Possibly he has two jobs? I would ask him

It isn’t about where, it is the lies and the being away for work for me. AND what is he doing with himself? Is he trying to do better or is that just okay with him?

1 Like

Honestly lying is an instant no for me :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ve been too nice too many times and the lies just get bigger…

2 Likes

tell him you caught him & you’re upset?

1 Like

I’d be wondering where he’s been going for the few weeks at a time… another family/another life all the lies. He has a job so that shouldn’t matter

1 Like

He’s probably got a whole other relationship. Dismiss him!

3 Likes

Honestly, some people don’t even want to work so I wouldn’t care where he works but he lied to you. That’s a dealbreaker🤷🏻‍♀️

3 Likes

Girl he’s married or has another GF. How did you NOT see him at McDs for 8 months?? The pay for someone who works in the oil field vs McDs is way different too! How did you NOT see this? Never been to his house?

2 Likes

Are you nuts lady ? Why do you even question what to do.?. Smell the roses !,

2 Likes

Oil field work is sporadic. You may work fir 2 or 3 weeks and then have nothing for 2 or 3 weeks. Did you talk to him about it? Maybe McDonald’s is the side gig to keep the lights on.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re dating my ex baby daddy :joy::joy:

1 Like

Atleast he gotta Job.
But he still lied as if he’s embarrassed an wanted to impress you
Have you been around his home? Otherwise if not he may have a while family.

2 Likes

I think he was prob embarrassed and you just said yourself you think you like him less cos of his job.I’d be wondering where he went for weeks at a time not that he works at maccas.You yourself judged him cos you’re not sure if it’s the lying or his job

2 Likes

Time to confront the issue and then move on

Go to McDonald’s while he working.

7 Likes

For those saying, he liked her and was ashamed etc. My NF lied to my mom on their first meeting about his age. He’s been lying since. He is evil and completely brainwashed her for 60 years! RIP mom :heart:. RUN

2 Likes

If he would lie about something so small, he will lie about something important. Take it as a red flag and RUN!

5 Likes

You feel less because he lied. Confront him about it. He probably lied because of embarrassment of working at a fast food place.

4 Likes

Working at McDonald’s is a negative in my book, but not a deal breaker, especially depending on whatever his story is. Lying for 8 months, that’s a deal breaker.

8 Likes

Oh lord!! I’ll take a quarter pounder w cheese please. Did you confront him? Im’ma need a follow up on this!

2 Likes

Leave now, don’t use tinder again

2 Likes

Because he feels ashamed for what he does and doesn’t want to come out with the truth. There’s nothing wrong with working at McDonald’s but due to the fact that he lied is a red flag.

4 Likes

:flushed: the going away for weeks part is what would do it for me, get away while you can

8 Likes

Ok so everyone else covered all the possible scenarios behind this lie. But I just want an update after you talk to him! Lol

5 Likes

Big RED Flag. If he lied about his job. There is sincerely another lie or more you haven’t found out yet!!! Once a liar always a liar :lying_face: You need to say goodbye :wave:. You will find a man that loves and respect you and doesn’t lie!!! Tell him to go to hell and ask how he appreciate you lying to him about a important issue in relationship!!!

2 Likes

I never tell where I work. Too many guys looking for a sugar momma. I just say I work in the medical field and I’m not a dr…lol

6 Likes

Sounds JUST like my baby daddy. He seems narcissistic, RUN!

Hell nah he’s just gonna keep lying. Go order something from him :joy:

Maybe he worked in an oild field and got layed off because a lot of oilr field jobs were down sized. And hes embarrassed to work at McDonald’s. He shouldn’t have lied, but I can see why he did

1 Like