The guy I met on tinder has been lying about his job

If he lies about that, he will lie about other things. It’s disrespectful.

2 Likes

I had a guy lie to me about where he worked and when I confronted him he told me because women r judgy and when they find out he worked at Burger King at the beginning of relationships they either leave him or cheat on him with the guy with more money so I can see y McDonald’s guy did what he did

1 Like

He took a lie as far as to leave you for weeks at a time, that enough for me, take McDonald’s out and the outcome is the same. He lied.

4 Likes

Omg some of these comments :woman_facepalming: “I wouldn’t date someone who works at McDonald’s”… ATLEAST HE/THEY HAVE A JOB!!! He may be embarrassed or scared for this fact!! Some of you women are so shallow it’s disgusting. Yes, him lying is wrong but you women really shown your true colors. :+1: #GoldDiggers

14 Likes

Girl…run. That trust is gone and it’ll never be the same again.

1 Like

If he lies about work he will lie about cheating

3 Likes

I’d be pissed he lied, however you said “I feel like I like him less bc of his job” and that is likely a reason he lies about it. Doesn’t make it right but I doubt this is the first time he’s had a negative reaction to his current occupation
I wouldn’t be able to continue without having a serious conversation, if he can lie about this what else can he lie about ?

4 Likes

A lie is a lie. That’s the main concern. If you’re more worried about him working at McDonald’s then you’re shallow. Anyway he is a liar. End of story.

3 Likes

Maybe he’s embarrassed because your job is so much more superior. BTW, what kind of job do you have?

4 Likes

You leave his lying ass. For real. If you stay he’ll lie about way worse stuff.

In all honesty, if it were me I would ask him why he lied? At least he’s working…… I’ve met so many guys who don’t have a job etc

1 Like

Just tell him to meet you at the McDonald’s he works at

5 Likes

Don’t be so stuck up. When you thought he was making money you was cool with him, everything was fine but now you know he doesn’t make lots, he’s not “the one” anymore :roll_eyes: yes he was wrong to lie to you but talk to him, ask him why he lied!
I’m thinking its because you’re the materialistic type and your profile shown that. He liked you but didn’t think he would have a chance with you if you knew he worked at macdonalds. At least he’s working. A jobs a job :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Assuming you two have met in real life……………

Block him. No conversation is needed.

2 Likes

My question would be where the hell was he for weeks at a time.

10 Likes

You like him less because of where he works?! Girl, you sound ridiculous! Be glad dude has a flipping job. That mentality is the exact reason why he lied to you.

1 Like

He kept it up for 8 months :flushed: liar red flags. Leave. A job is a job. He’s not unemployed and if a woman didn’t want him because of where he worked at the moment then that’s doing him a favor.

4 Likes

A blatant liar will ruin your life.

1 Like

I’d be wondering why and where he was disappearing for weeks at a time.

No girl, it’s got less to do with what he does for a living and everything to do with the lying and the disappearing throwing all the :triangular_flag_on_post:s on the field

8 Likes

Oh noo it’s the tinder swindler after u runnn​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::100::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I would be worried about the big lie and where the hell he was for a week. Get rid of him

6 Likes

I mean he didn’t lie technically OIL as in frying oil :joy:

10 Likes

McDonalds could be a synonym for oil fields though…….

1 Like

Because he’s a long time liar that’s how he did it or he’s a pathological liar which is a serious mental illness. No two ways about it, if you know for sure your information is correct I’d straight up confront him about it and don’t fall for his lame explanations because that will probably be a lie too. 8 months of playing you and fabricating his story should be a big red :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:period. Unless you want to waste your time on someone who you can never trust, :running_woman:t2: as fast as you can!! Besides, what else is he hiding…maybe he’s a serial killer that travels around and that’s why he is gone for weeks at a time “working”…maybe he’s married and has a family. Get rid of this lying POS no matter how “decent” he is while you’re still safe. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

The reason he clearly lied is because of ur now reaction u like him less because his got an honest job, just not the kinda job u thrt he had ur sad really

5 Likes

Maybe he did work in the oil fields, and got fired? He has a job though. So it’s not like he is begging for money.

3 Likes

That’s just one of the lies. I bet there’s been hundreds more just keeping that lie afloat

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d blatantly ask him. Maybe he was embarrassed of his job? The disappearing for weeks at a time would be something that got me though. Maybe he’s married? Or in a relationship? Idk but you either need to ask him or just cut ties or both.

3 Likes

Find out if he ever worked in the oil fields. If he did and something happened discuss why he didn’t say anything. If he never did ask why he lied but tell him your not into lies and move on. Job or no job a lie is a lie.

3 Likes

I’m sure he was embarrassed because of where he worked. & Beings how you are reacting " liking him less " is probably why. I get the lying part & that’s a whole another story bc if he lied abt that then what else has he lied abt . But Your reaction to the job is making you sound like a gold digger . Be pissed abt hin lying. but to say you like him less because of where he works is dead wrong. Be thankful he actually is working & not sitting on his ass being a bum living off someone else. He’s a man & is working prob at whatever job he has to that’ll provide. Lastly , where someone works doesn’t define him nor do you know the situation as to why. So maybe sit down like an adult & ask him why he lied. Smh.

He got a family :woman_shrugging: needed a valid reason to go away for a week or more at a time.

5 Likes

Next time he wants sex ask “would you like fries with that”

Him lying is horrible but who cares where someone works at? That makes my stomach turn, thinking that ppl actually have issues with something like that.
The lying is just ridiculous though

3 Likes

Because working on the oil fields sounds better than working at maccas. He probably wanted to see if you like him first before he told the correct job title :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Did yall not learn anything from the tinder swindler lol

7 Likes

I think it’s the lie that is bothering you, he lied and you feel like a fool and question everything now. Fallow your gut. He isn’t what he said he was, what else is he lying about.

4 Likes

You should go up there and order some food while he’s working.

15 Likes

Go to his job and order food. Maybe he will tell u the story then. Oil fields aren’t long term work sometimes. Maybe he was let go or does that intermittently, but either way u know he is lying if he is still going on the trips for the job he no longer has, if he had it.

3 Likes

Maybe he did work in the oil field and lost his job or was fired? Too embarrassed to say anything and still has bills? Mcdonalds is just mcdonalds but something is better than sitting in his moms basement. The lying definitely isn’t ok but find out why he did or felt he needed to first.

8 Likes

On tender. Have you actually met this person? Or just going by talking?

1 Like

I would be wondering where he went those 2 weeks

2 Likes

Send him down the road

1 Like

I would order a cheeseburger, hold the onions, in your next text, and see if he ghosts you. :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Wonder if hes a Supervisor? Lmao…

1 Like

Pathological liar thought he was he was great in beginning too
RUN
If they lie about that everything starts becoming it
Don’t date a liar

3 Likes

Why would he lie about something like that? Surely that is the issue. It’s not that he works at Maccas but why lie?

If he lied about that, what else did he lie about?

6 Likes

He lies about something as small as a job, he’ll lie about bigger stuff. Walk away now before you get too involved.

5 Likes

You did just say " i feel i like him less due to his job":roll_eyes: that’s probably why he lied​:woman_facepalming:t5: not justifying it but​:woman_shrugging:t5:

13 Likes

2 all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun…

3 Likes

He’s a psychopath out of town on murder trips. I swear to Thor this is how 99% of “Evil Lives Here” episodes go.

Nothing wrong with having a job. Lying about the said job is the problem.

8 Likes

Maybe because you would react the way you are,you low it shouldn’t matter where he works,maybe he gets paid every two weeks

3 Likes

Guarantee he has lied about soooooo much more. Oil field workers have like whole other family’s… he probably has another one js.

3 Likes

Maybe he was just embarrassed about where he work

1 Like

I want to know where he goes for weeks at a time?

8 Likes

Weeks at a time? WEEKS?! for 8 months? RUN GIRL RUM

4 Likes

He lied to you because you had the reaction he expected you to have when you found out. You liked him less. At least its honest work. At least he is working. My husband was a waiter at a restaurant when I got with him. That didn’t stop me from falling in love with him.

6 Likes

The lying is what kills the trust then love

3 Likes

I can’t even with these comments “well he lied bcs of how you would react and you just reacted the way he feared” ppl he just lied to this person he is dating for almost a year about a job. That’s a huge red flag. Like freaking huge.

17 Likes

You should pull up to his mc Donald’s job and act surprised!! :open_mouth::lying_face:

10 Likes

That’s a long @ss lie.

Honesty is everything in a relationship. I would get out of the relationship. You can never trust a liar :cry:

4 Likes

That’s a big lie. You need to ask him why he has been lying to you for so long. Otherwise you’ll be wondering what else he’s lying about.

3 Likes

Can you ask him why the stopped steaming the buns please?

9 Likes

If he will lie about that….

1 Like

He lied to you for this very reason, you being judgemental! Get over yourself​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe he is embarrassed to work at maccas. :woman_shrugging:t3:. If you don’t like his job maybe you should call it off. But in a polite way. “It’s not me it’s you” so on and so forth.

1 Like

Where is he going weeks at a time :neutral_face::thinking:

6 Likes

Lying is a HUGE no for me. No matter what. I didn’t listen to that when I started dating my ex husband and it started just like this. 10 years later I divorced from a very toxic marriage. I won’t settle for less again.

4 Likes

You should have realized how little money he has :joy:

1 Like

He’s probably a drug dealer so a high paying job lie would explain the kind of money he spends

Liar liar pants on fire!!! Run

1 Like

It doesn’t matter where he works. That’s doesn’t much matter. It’s the lying :lying_face: part that wouldn’t sit right with me. Off rip… and then continuously for months and months. I’d wonder if everything else ever said was a lie. Usually when a person lies over little stupid things they cannot be trusted with any of the big things either

6 Likes

I would find another guy. Lying in the beginning is a red glad in a relationship

1 Like

Girl. I’d get the ick too.

1 Like

If it was myself it would be the lie NOT the job itself !Hes actually embarrassed which depending upon his age should matter and finances etc .Approach it has to be talked about !Is it the lie it is it the job you must decide …if he lies to make himself look better to you what else is he possibly lying about ?:face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I’d be too interested in how he’s going to get out of this mess to get rid just yet.
If you can emotionally detach yourself from it, I’d probably make it real difficult for him by dropping very small hints that I knew he was lying…

Well, I’d hold his hands, look him in the eye and say quietly, “I know you work at McDonald’s. That’s OK. You’re employed. However I need to know where you went “out of town.” What’s her name, and how long have you been with her?” Keep holding his hands and looking him in the eye. See what he says.

Clearly he lied about his job. Possibly understandable. See what he says about the “out of town.” Maybe he just stayed home as part of his story, maybe he couldn’t afford to take you out that week, maybe he is seeing someone else, maybe he’s married. If it’s only the one lie to impress you, give him a chance. If he gets angry, sputters and gets defensive, you caught him and it’s time to say goodbye.

12 Likes

Your gonna catch panty crickets, tinder has no give a fucks :rofl::rofl::rofl: and lying would be the problem for me. At least he gets off his but, n goes to work.
Now, where is he going on the “work trips??” :thinking::thinking:

Would you have gone out with him if he said he worked at McDonalds? I’d start there. If the answer is no, he probably figured as much. I think he must be very insecure to try to hide that. Did you like him? What is the difference if you did and now don’t? If you don’t like him just because of his job, how shallow does that make you?

4 Likes

Not McDonald, hell no, run…

3 Likes

Already lying… red flag. Who knows what else he lied about

Well hes not decent …hes a liar…get rid of him

Cut contact and safe yourself from an inevitable flow of constant bullsh!t. NEXT!

Lying on his part is not right but u liking him less bc of his job is stupid imo

2 Likes

Dump. No GOOD relationship starts off with lies.

Consider, he might be married?

3 Likes

In a way he does work in an oil field.:woman_shrugging:t4:.

15 Likes

So hes away for weeks lol guess hes cheatin. Ur focused on the rong thing

1 Like

It’s not about where he works. He was disappearing for weeks at a time, and because of that I’d be wondering if he had another relationship, or something. That’s a big lie because he delved so deep into it. The issue is he’s a liar and that’s a big deal.

2 Likes

It’s def concerning. Maybe he was feeling insecure about his job and felt like lying was the only way he felt he deserved you. I can’t get passed the going away for business, made me think he’s living a double life. Like a family or something but I could be wrong. If he told you he worked at McDonald’s would you had felt differently towards him. Would that had been an issue from the beginning? I would def confront him and try to figure it out. Lying is def a red flag but I can see how he could had lied about this. Was it his pride? Or more? Def a tough situation

I dated a guy who used to be a firefighter (had pics of him in full uniform )and said he moved and is now a investigator for Cal fire. (More pics) He had the uniform and all. He played it off for a while and then my step dad whos and ex cal fire captain did some digging and a background check and found out why he got fired, arrested and so forth. Needless to say he worked under the table for a house stager. He even made it seem like his vehicles were his but they ended up being his female roommate’s. I missed all the red flags​:roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t3::weary: I don’t care about material things, but everything was a lie.

1 Like

What a clown for lying.
Must be this guy.
I’d definitely be done with that!!

1 Like

I just finished, watching the Tinder Swindler.:grimacing::rofl:

How sad for you.He must be married or has another girl.

Sometime you miss the boat the man working in the oil fields might treat you like crap you care for what you ask for your next relationship might be the worst you’ve ever had God sent you the things you need not the things you want

He lied. He’s probably cheating. You’re probably the other woman.

3 Likes

Run! He’s probably dating someone else during the weeks he’s “gone”.

3 Likes