The school didn't call me, what do I do next?

No, do not let it slide. File a complaint, scream, kick, raise a fuss! Your child was assaulted, don’t let the school sweep this under the rug.

1 Like

It’s always under “investigation” and they call to tell you it’s finished. It’s about all any school does on bullying. :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ve been frustrated with the school system for years. I’m not quite sure what to do about it either.

2 Likes

All y’all saying call the police or press charges. Are truly pathetic af! She’s 8! The child is freaking 8! They are still learning to handle their emotions. Was it right what she did?! He’ll no! But does that mean her life should be ruined over this. No! They are children! Have a meeting with the principal and other parents and go from there.

1 Like

Go to the cops. File a report! Maybe then they will do something.

2 Likes

I would switch my kid to a different school if they are known for sweeping things under the rug. I also would show up and talk to them as soon as there’s someone in the building. That’s how people can get killed really easily. I wouldn’t play around and I would be finding the kid along with their parents

Do everything you can, you have to be the advocate for you child. Don’t wait, I would call the principal everyday, then go to the superintendent, police, court

Nope that would never fly, I would go into the office raise hell, pull in her parents and that little girl call the police and file a report. That little girl should have been suspended. Hold her parents responsible and hold the school responsible. If the school doesn’t do anything go public.

My kids told me, kids meet up in the bathroom to fight so they don’t get in trouble. Not much you can do but hope one of the kids will give a statement.

Stop calling and actually go to the school.

Press charges and go to the school board, write letters, use social media. It’ll be swept under the rug if you let it be swept under the rug. Do not let it go!!!

4 Likes

Tell them if they don’t do something about it
You will get the cops involved

I told my little girl to fight back. She whooped all the bullies butts and no longer gets bothered. I was tired of her telling me she was being picked on. Teachers didn’t do anything. Principle didnt. So this Mama taught her girl how to stand up for herself. I told her I would have her back. She took up for herself on the playground so the teachers didnt see. It was 3 boys picking on her. She whooped them. Made them cry. And told them to go running home to their Mamas. No issues since.

2 Likes

The superintendent of the school district. Take her to be seen by a doctor and dile a report also.

2 Likes

Go to the school board in person and report it.

1 Like

Don’t text or message them!!! Go up in person and demand answers!

3 Likes

Tell the principal that you’re going to press criminal charges on the girl who kicked her, and file a restraining order and that since you don’t know that girls address, you’ll just have them serve her with it at school.

Got my kids principal to take me seriously at least.

2 Likes

Time to move schools if you can… Unfortunately when things like this happens, it won’t get better :disappointed: some school staff really don’t care about the children

Turn up at the school and refuse to leave with out answers, if that don’t work then go to ofsted, the school board, iv been there, my daughter was bullied really badly in her school which led her to being diagnosed with depression at 5 years old, I was at that school every single day as they were brushing it under the carpet, I took it further, went to ofsted, school board, and every other official with the school.

Ild go down to see the principal…take it higher if nothing is done…choose an alternative school

When my kids were bullied I walked into that school and into the principles office and told them that if they didn’t resolve this by the end of the day I would and it wouldn’t be pretty. I was pissed. She knew I wasn’t joking and she took me seriously. It was resolved within the hr

Go to the school have parent’s of the other kid come to get it out what is going on

I would have involved the police.
Whe my son was in school a bully headbutted him in the face. My son’s nose was broken and he needed surgery. The boy that’d it was charged with assault.

I would be showing up to school and figuring it out myself! What 3rd grader can kick someone in the neck? Bruce lee’s kid!! I would be furious

Contact the school board

2 Likes

My son was bullied when he was younger I went up there with the cops bc I told them is there wasn’t anything done then I will take actions in my hands!!! They knew me by name. That’s one thing No one mess with are my kids and granddaughter

Go up there! They would absolutely be doing something then.

Call the police and a lawyer!!!

2 Likes

Go in and talk to the principal in person

Go to board of education

My great granddaughter has been bullied in her school they do nothing

Went through this with my kids press charges that is assault

Teach your daughter to beat that kids ass

Hold the school accountable

I would find the other parent! A lady once approached me and told me that my child was picking on hers. I had no idea! I do not tolerate bullying, and I grounded my child (with extra chores and sentences as well), I made her apologize, and promise to never behave like that again. I was happy to be approached by the other mom, so that I could parent the situation appropriately. I want my kids to be good people!
The school never told me about what was happening, only the other parent.

5 Likes

Email to teacher, principal, assistant principal, school board, state representative, superintendent and anyone else u can think of. All on the same email so they all see who else got it and be sure to mention bringing the police in if you don’t have a reasonable response in 2 days and the girls patent to of you can get her email address. Usually this scares them that you involved so many people that they are more than willing to address it. If you took a pic and it’s not showing her chest add that in as well and if they don’t follow up make sure you follow through with bringing in the cops

1 Like

This is disgusting and it happens very often. The schools want to claim they are anti bullying but do nothing when it comes to situations like this. Go hard for your child! There is nothing to investigate. Another student assaulted your child. That student needs to be suspended.

2 Likes

Pardon my language but … fuck that. My son had a similar issue happen and I cussed the principal up and down. So back story. My son was in 3rd grade and was being bullied, he would come home everyday crying because kids were hitting him. I went to the school talked to the the principal he said that he wasn’t notified therfore he couldn’t do anything if the teacher wasn’t reporting it. So I told him the next time a kid put hands on my child my child has full permission to knock them tf out. I don’t usually condone violence like this but if they won’t handle it my baby sure damn will. So fast forward a month they get a new principal who happens to be the super attendants son… my son comes home with bruises around his throat I ask what happened and he starts crying and tells me that he gets choked in PE by a little boy. So of course I lose my shit I go into the principals office and I cussed that guy up and down because my son was choked bad enough to leave bruises and I was not notified and he was a smug prick. I told him my son will be taking self defense classes and the next kid that touches mine his world is gonna be rocked.

I totally understand most of the comments however, I do believe the whole story needs to be investigated especially if this is the first episode of it’s kind. We love our children unconditionally however, there are two sides to everything, therefore I would like to hear the whole story. Initially have both ‘children’ together and listen to their interpretation, hopefully it can be resolved with the involvement of, the Police, Lawyers, the School Board or any other Governing Body. This way if the issue is more serious the children will understand why and what was wrong and be given the consequences. These children spend a lot of time together and it can very quickly develop into gangs.

1 Like

Wow I would of wanted an immediate phone call! I also don’t think calling the police is to extreme! 8 years old :open_mouth:

I’m all for kids working things out but, if the school is going to try and wipe it under the rug, I would report it. Also get in touch with department of education and report the kid as well. You can also go into the office rather than waiting for an email.

It’s Thanksgiving, give it a few days to investigate!

I’d go in to the principles office and demand to talk to him and go to the school board.

2 Likes

Go to school confront principal and teacher,and ask to have a meeting with them and the girls parents,if that don’t work call state school board,I went thru that with my granddaughter,and had to go to the point of getting a lawyer to send the school and letter stating if it happened again I would sue,the school.Thst worked The school wanted to put my granddaughter in another class and I refused as they weren’t punishing her for the other little girls bullying my granddaughter.My granddaughter would come every night with bruises hair pulled out teeth marks and would try to hide it from me.Because the little girl was of a different race and said that she can do it because she was the only one of her race in the whole school and her parents threaten to sue the school if she got in trouble,and that was confirmed by the principal,so I went to my lawyer.

Call the police it was assault she has the marks then the school will hustle trust me

1 Like

Similar thing happened to my daughter she had another child pushed her down on the playground n fractured her wrist she had wear a cast the school hid behind the it was an accident n pushed it under the rug. The school she at now got a bully issue it’s like can’t win for losing hate we can’t send our children to school n they be safe 100%.

RAISE HELL! :smiling_imp:Don’t let them get away with it! I’d even go as far to find out the little brats parents are, and ask them WTF their problem is!!? I have an autistic 4 year old daughter in preschool, she’s mildly verbal, so I have to be her BIG voice! I was bullied in school, and never felt I could stand up for myself! So I’ve just became a ruthless B*tch now! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Take pics take her to the hospital and file a complaint that should get the ball rolling

1 Like

Call the kids parents and tell them if their daughter kicks yours in the chest again you’ll be delivering chest kicks to one of them :woman_shrugging:t4:

Go up to the school and demand to see the principal.

1 Like

Demand a bullying investigation. Once you use the word bully, they have to do a HIB investigation!!!

“Harassment, Intimidation, or Bullying (HIB) — is an intentional electronic, written, verbal, or physical act that: • Physically harms a student or damages the student’s property. • Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student’s education.”

2 Likes

If you get no answer from them go to the school board these are the things they’re there for, its ridiculous that bullying is still going on

1 Like

go to the boredom education or get a laywer

I tell my kid if someone lays hands on them to defend themselves … so the bully learns a lesson and doesn’t mess with them again :100: even if it lands my kid in the principles office that’s fine by me as long as he wasn’t the one being the bully … teach your kids it’s ok to stand up for themselves and defend themselves :heart: but what to do next , go to school and demand answers is the only way go to the principals office …

3 Likes

Go straight to the school board and demand an investigation!!!

1 Like

Anden McCloud read please

Good God. Schools are failing our kids. At 6 years old another 6 year old threaten to kill him I was not told until after school.

2 Likes

Train her in kung fu and become a master then have her start a dojo and have the student kick her ass in a tournament
Might be a little drawn out and take a while but you will be the Victor in the long run and might take a long time but there will be honor in the fight

take it to the news media (or threaten to take to the news media), now days that’s the only way school will do anything .

4 Likes

Press charges on the kid

Call the girls parents. No, go over there in person ! Document EVERYTHING! Record it!

Superintendent then if nothing is done go to the school board then if that doesn’t work go to the police or file for a restraining order on the girl my family went though this with my nephew

I always told my two sons, “never lay your hands on anyone, if someone hits you, always hit them back”. Never start a fight, but always finish it.

9 Likes

Confront the other mom after school

Call the board of education

Put on your big panties and get up to the school. You are your kids protector, no one else cares or they would have handled it by now

5 Likes

Two sides to a story. Let the investigate and get both sides. Can’t count the number of times ky kids olayed angel only to find out they were the devils.

2 Likes

Get dressed girl…we going to the school…is my best friend response

5 Likes

Go to the school and have them handle this shit. Tf is is a message and a voicemail guna do?!

Call the school board,and maybe a lawyer if nothing is done

Call the superintendent tell them you are going to the school in the afternoon and you want them there then call the police and have them meet you at the school

1 Like

Unacceptable. You should immediately receive a call at least saying there WAS an incident and they are investigating, even if they don’t know much. Call every day until you get answers and like others said, too many days go buy, go to the superintendent. That’s ridiculous! Glad she wasn’t badly hurt. Poor thing is probably scared to go back.

1 Like

Call the police. Seriously. So it is documented.

3 Likes

Pull up to the school the next day and demand some answers. They can avoid phone calls, but not YOU.

3 Likes

Press charges and get a protective order. I had to do that when I was in high school.

1 Like

Call the actual school district… but also go down to the school and ask for a meeting with the principle…

2 Likes

Walk in there and throw a damn fit

Make a police report,

5 Likes

Put your daughter in martial arts. Schools will not do anything about bullies. I’m convinced they enjoy watching certain children have power over another. Tell your daughter if that little girl touches her again to bet the hll out of her. Enforce to her that although she will get in trouble in school she won’t be in trouble at home. In fact take her out for ice cream. She’s young enough that she won’t suffer any legal consequences. Keep reporting incidents to the school. Keep a journal of everything she tells you. What kids do, how the teacher & other adults react, pictures of any marks. Keep conservations with the school written. They HATE that. They’d rather call or meet you in person because you can’t prove anything. Tell them you will only communicate in written conservation. If they refuse they are not cooperating with you.

4 Likes

Teach your daughter the proper steps to handle it without being physical and if nothing helps which is what it sounds like teach her to kick that girls a** my kids have been taught to communicate with the child about not doing whatever…then a teacher or other adult in charge and if it doesn’t seem to handle it by communicating and getting help from an adult that’s suppose to protect my child and make them feel safe my kids have been told to finish it…with a bang…show your not taking being bullied…Iv also told them to stand up for anyone being bullied that as long as they took the proper steps before hand I won’t be mad and will stand behind them 100%…but if you have spoken to the teacher and the principal won’t call you back teach your daughter some moves or get her in some basic self defense classes…so she can properly defend herself since the school doesn’t seem interested in doing it…and teach her to put that bully in her place…and knowing your daughters done all she could before doing this…stand beside your daughter no matter what that school tries to do… because it would have been prevented if they would have done there job… your child SHOULD NOT feel unsafe or unprotected at school …and you shouldn’t be worried that she is getting beat up…or something worse( so many stories real and movie plots of jokes/ pranks gone wrong…esp if this girl is as rough as you described) so teach your daughter to kick that little girls a** and put her in her place and I doubt that girl or anyone else will mess with her again…but make sure your daughter understands when this is acceptable and when it’s not and the actions or steps to take before it has to come to this…

My sister I’d havi g the same problem in my niece’s school. Little girl choked my niece. She sent emails to teachers and the principal with no response. And my niece isn’t the first to have issues with this little girl. I told my sister I’ll be at the school first thing Monday morning to get some answers because they’re not doing anything about this and they didn’t inform my sister this happened, my niece did. I’ll be sure to contact the board of education too

1 Like

Don’t let it slide…thats unacceptable

Change schools ! That could be a very serious and I just don’t trust them ! God bless You all!

Take photo evidence and call the police, they will make the school do something

6 Likes

Oh hell no. I would show up at the school. With backup. That other child needs to be reprimanded. Not okay. And disgusting that the school didn’t notify you, even if they still are “investigating “. Your child but touched, they should have notified you and got it checked out by a doctor.

2 Likes

Id move the child to another school and make an official complaint to the board of education.

Go higher up… contact administrator or police or both honestly

1 Like

Show up or threaten the police and actually call them

Threaten to call the police and file an assault charge against the child and child endangerment against the principal and tracer. They will call you back quickly. Let them know if your child gets assaulted again while in their care you will hire an attorney. Praying your child is safe.

1 Like

Call an attorney…. NOW

First of all you don’t call walk your ass down there into the office and DEMAND a reason why you were not contacted don’t leave till you get one then insist these girls are in guidance office with the rest of there family and try to resolve the issue

Don’t call the school go to the school and tell them you’ll press charges against that girl’s parents and then call the police

1 Like

Get your ass up there with the police.

Don’t let this ride. Keep on it. Public media if you have to.

Call the police. I’m getting so tired of schools allowing bullying.

Straight to the Superintendents office with the police in tow. Mess with my baby and end up in a garbage truck.

Do what I did. Wait for the momma outside. Let her know what’s going on and if it happens again you both can take care of it. Since she can’t do her job as a mom. And the school can’t do their job they get paid to do. Just a thought. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Go to school your self,that is unacceptable

Contact the childs mother. And let her know next time you’re going to throat punch her and see how she likes it!!! Hate bullies!!

Go to the next school board meeting for your district and ask them the best way to handle it…