Thoughts on child leashes?

Had I not used a leash on my first born 18 years ago, she’d still be a missing child today. I fully support leasing a child lol.

2 Likes

My daughter has a backpack with a leash and we are using it now

1 Like

Forget them. It’s ensuring your child safety. If they don’t like it that’s their problem.

1 Like

SAFETY FIRST do what you think you need to do for YOUR kids

3 Likes

I highly recommend them.

1 Like

Why didn’t the husband help??? You should’ve told them to fuck off unless they were going to chase him around

I use the backpack ones with my kids. idgaf what anyone thinks. they still have some independence, while I know theyre “within reach” and theyre safe. Its no one elses decision anyway, you are mom. id have told them off, or just left, because its not their choice to make.

2 Likes

Keeping your child safe and alive is what takes priority. If a leesh helps you do that, then there’s nothing wrong with that. Don’t let them bully and shame you when they refuse to help you keep your child safe.

2 Likes

Next time tell them to mind their own business or fuck off. Seriously. Even after baby is born that child harness will be so useful. It’s your child and you are keeping him safe. They weren’t helping you chase him. If they don’t want to help watch him then they need to keep silent.

Better safe than sorry

1 Like

You do what you gotta do to make sure your child is safe. My last children were twins and you bet your a$$ I used harnesses for both of them. We live in even worse times now with abductions and what not.

I had a runner. I put a wrist leash on mine because a stroller is not always appropriate. I also told mine when she decided she could walk with the family, we would remove it. She would ask, take off? I would say are you going to stay with the family? She would say no. The wrist leash stayed on.

2 Likes

Don’t let anyone tell you how to parent your own child.

3 Likes

Where the hell was your husband ?

2 Likes

We have a backpack one! It makes me feel better that my daughter can’t just run off, she’s 22 months and quick! Screw them. That’s so rude. You’re mom.

My oldest i used a “leash” for. No shame he is and was a wild child. He’s 7 now and thankfully he’s learned what danger is :sweat_smile:

My 5&4 year old never really needed one but I used them when out in crowded public places anyways for my own peace of mind.

My youngest is 3 yrs and I won’t leave my house without it. He is also a wild child and safety comes first. Always

There is nothing wrong with protecting your child and having some peace of mind for yourself. Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. That is YOUR child. Not theirs and you have final say.

1 Like

Child harnesses are needed for children that need them. I’ve had kids that needed and didnt need. If Your child needs one then there’s nothing wrong with that. If Hubby dont like it then he needs to get off his arse and help

First of all your husband should have put his family in check and should have been helping you. Shame on him.
Second absofreakinglutly you use that device whatever you need it. Because if you don’t obviously your child could be in danger and your doing your obligations by keeping them 100 safe!! I’d tell them to shut the F up if there’s ever a next time. You want your child to live and obviously they could care less!!
Do not feel bad about their short comings. Your sound like a fantastic mother!! Keep up the good work!
Happy parenting!!

6 Likes

Nothing is wrong with using a kid leash… kids are a lot, and to keep them contained in outings like that, they come in handy. It’s why they make them. Sounds like they are judgmental pricks, don’t feel bad, you shouldn’t.

1 Like

Do what you have to do!!! It’s your child!

1 Like

My four year old is on a back pack leash during big outings for the simple fact she cannot get out of reach from me, and she likes to run when we least expect she loves the back pack leash and it’s just better for me to have

Relative: “Omg a leash, take it off, he’s not a dog!”

You: “I didn’t ask for your opinion, so I’d like to clarify — are you volunteering to babysit so I can rest? How considerate of you!”

23 Likes

I had one, 50 some odd years ago. Anyone who didn’t like it could look the other way. It was a blessing when the kids & I went out for a walk. No worries about making sure they stopped at corners!

Use it mommas! My youngest is a runner only time I don’t use the leash is if she’s in a cart or being carried in public. It’s not only a ways to ensure they don’t run off its a ways to keep an eye on them so something bad doesn’t happen (kidnapping, getting hurt) as we all know can happen in a split second even with the most attentive attention! My oldest(4) wears hers if we go places and she wants to walk independently!

1 Like

i needed one for one of mine, he was a runner, even in the shopping centre, would go straight out to the road

Your child isn’t an animal. End of discussion

3 Likes

See that’s the problem. They want you to take it off of him and run around and chase him while pregnant but did any of them step up and help you chase him or help with him period? No they aren’t my favorite things in the world and I wouldn’t use it for my kids but at the same time the reason you are using it is valid as hell and if you don’t have the help them I don’t blame you.

2 Likes

We used them for our kids. They were a life saver. It’s nobody’s business but your own. If their not chasing your child they don’t have a say. Stand your ground mama

2 Likes

B4 i had kids i cant lie i was judgey about this when id see ome but i have a 3 2 and 2 month old now abd i have definitely looked at them a few times lol ive really thought about it for the same reason i cant chase two toddlers with a infant on the boob or while i was pregnant but i have not got any i am very blessed with an amazing partner their father he helps when hes home u ahould have told him and his family they can chase ue kid if they dont want him on a leash but as other moms said it can save ur kids life and keep them safe

2 Likes

If it keeps your kid safe screw what other people think and if your husband didn’t defend you and wasn’t helping you with his child as well he’s a problem too .

5 Likes

First of all…. Fuck them!

1 Like

Safety first! I bought one to take my three year old and 5 month old to Mexico just so that if my eyes were on baby I atleast had my oldest so she couldn’t run away from me or fall in the pool or whatever else. If they won’t help them they don’t get a say. If they want it off they are volunteering to chase the child while you relax or atleast that’s what I would tell them before taking it off. Anything bad happens with it off it’s on them!

2 Likes

Girl, you use that leash.

3 Likes

I use the backpack one for my 2.5yr old. He will stay near me for the most part, but he is a young kid and gets distracted and wants to go and look at things. I’d rather him be safe and no harm come of him, then listen to what others say and think.

How did they make you? Why didnt you just leave?

2 Likes

It’s your life, your child. So long as it’s not hurting him I don’t see anything wrong with it

I had backpack leashes for both my kids, I rather them be safe instead of being grabbed or them running off. I see no issues with people using them.

2 Likes

It’s a tether that gives them freedom and safety… better than being strapped down to a chair on wheels.

2 Likes

Next time send your son and your partner you stay home put your feet up.

1 Like

People are over the top! I used a “leash” on my toddler years ago and it was great especially at the mall or flea markets. Imagine if you would; how critical people would be if your child slipped out of your sight and was lost? These same people would criticize you claiming you’re an unfit, irresponsible mother. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I can say as a child who had to be put on a lead myself when I was little because I would run off, you should feel no shame. I would run off onto the road and explore without thought. My mum was keeping me safe and I literally have memories of it and I thought it was fun. You do what you need to do to keep your babes safe!

1 Like

You take care of your baby and yourself. Those people apparently were not helping you. Put their opinions in file 13 where they belong.

5 Likes

The problem is that people seem to think that they’re perfect parents and don’t see this as being safe!!! Some comments are :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: some of you can go lick ass

You do what’s best for you, I don’t care how much crap someone gives me about My child. Next time make them Take care of ur child if they insist on you taking it off…

I have three kiddos. My middle (girl) wasn’t a runner but my oldest (boy) was and now my youngest son is. I found a really cool one on Amazon that attaches to my wrist on one end and his on the other. Kind of like a bungee cord lol. He does amazing with it. I will never judge a mama who’s trying to keep her littles safe.

2 Likes

Another thing if you don’t voice your need for help do it babe. I’m literally the one that’s like hey they baby’s running go and get him now

I used it with my second son. It was a teddy bear backpack with a leash. He was a runner, non verbal until after 2, and has sensory processing disorder. I don’t care what anyone says. Whatever you need to do to keep your child safe, especially now. After I lost track of him at Target and felt like every second I was dying, I knew it was the best thing for me. Don’t let anybody shame you into what you feel is best and safe. Let them talk and look

Darlin I had one on because she was a runner, she’s my baby and I will give her room but she stays next to me…always.

My first question is where the hell was your husband? Your 38 weeks pregnant and it was Mother’s Day? why were you the only one chasing your child? where was your husband?
Leashes for kids were something that came out and were extremely popular when my daughter was young. I don’t like them my kids not an animal and I don’t feel they need to be on a leash so my solution was the game Red light Green light lbvs my son was always extremely rambunctious and like to run so I taught him how to play the game Red light Green light and no matter where we were parks stores etc we would play Red light Green light if he would get more than two three feet away from me I would say red light and he would stop and then when I got to him I would say green light and he would go it worked for me with both my children now if you’re talking under three I don’t know if it would work or not when my kids were under three and we went to the park or out in public I was always right there I never let them run off by themselves especially at the park and when we were at the stores and they were under three they were always in the cart. But yeah no I’ve never been a fan of the child leash. But I also believe as a mother that what works for you is all that counts and everyone’s Else’s opinion is null and void. It’s about what’s best for you and yours and that’s all that matters so if you’re comfortable with it then I wouldn’t worry about what other people have to say.

Yeah, no. Until I became a mom of a toddler I was totally against them too. But now that I have two toddlers I totally get it. Especially being alone with no help in crowded places.
No he’s not a dog but if you have no help and your child is so excited that they continually run off what else are you supposed to do.
You do you mama tell them if they aren’t going help then they can shove their opinion where it came from!

1 Like

Please, who ever posted this, PM me. I will give you logical reasons and advice for you to battle royal whoever says anything about childhood leashes. In fact, I invite anyone for or against leashes, to PM me. I will either change your mind, or give you ammo to SHUT DOWN the argument.

1 Like

Hey do what you gotta do to keep your child safe and your momma brain sane!!! I see nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

I had one for my oldest when her sister was born 19 months later.

You don’t owe them anything. It’s your child. Do what you see fit

1 Like

For it!! Wasn’t for it until I was in a situation!! By all means use one if you need it

I would tell them if they couldn’t help watch him while I sat down to eat then they don’t need to have a say so on what I put on him… where was your husband?? His grandma?

1 Like

I love my kiddos child leash. We would not be able to do things like the zoo, aquarium, or Disney without it.

i have one! we have the wrist band leash, and i wouldnt trade it for nothing!!!
please tell them to back off … i known its hard but sometimes you gotta yell at people in order for them to “hear you” and if they take it as an attack then that’s their problem
what if something happens, and they “made you take it off”
then what?
stand up for yourself since your boyfriend/husband wont do it for you

I loved mine I have 5 kids and 3 of my 5 had one

It’s no different than holding a hand except they can’t accidentally let go and get away. It also gives them freedom to walk alone and learn to be safe. Do what works for you!!

1 Like

My 3 year old wears one when we walk near a busy street or go to a populated place.
Do what you feel is safe.
I have a question though… you’re 38 weeks pregnant and nobody is helping you chase that child? Shame on THEM!

5 Likes

I do whatever I please with my kid.

You do what’s best for you. I used one when mine were younger at Disney. It was great!!

Are they going to take responsibily?

I had the same issue and he almost got hurt so i insisted on leash everywhere. I know people judged but ultimately im responsible as i had no help either. A leash honestly saved his life in multiple situations.

I am not going to lie…before having children, I was totally against them. I thought they were horrendous. Then I had 3 children all boys all under the age of 5. I never used them because they were pretty well behaved kids, and if they started misbehaving, we’d leave wherever we were at immediately. They knew this,so 98% of the time,they were very well behaved. But after seeing what kids were capable of and how fast they are…I think it was the best invention ever. Lol

1 Like

We had a backpack one for public places like the mall or zoo, etc. We used ours for safety. It only takes a second for a child to get lost or run off.

1 Like

I’ll never understand the people who cause a fuss about this? Pets are important but human life is more important and we get judged for putting something on our wrist that connects to our child’s wrist and can keep them safe. But we leash our pets. I mean get real. I had twins and they were easy. My youngest child was so hyperactive, rambunctious and care free. One day he ripped his hand out of mine and ran towards the street. His nose was damn near touching the side of the vehicle when I hooked him with my finger by the back of his shirt. It was a wake up call and after that I didn’t give a hell who judged me for putting a leash on my child. Go leash your dog though…

Leave that leash on him unless someone is going to watch him 24/7! Better safe than sorry, my brother would disappear in stores and not answer so my mom bought one to keep him near by. Never disappeared again.

They made you take it off… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No one can make you do a thing with your child. You are the parent. Period. And if they insisted on taking it off then they can help chase him.

1 Like

Tell them to shove it.
Not their kid, not their choice

1 Like

I used one for my son. Don’t listen to your husbands family. They aren’t raising your son.

1 Like

Do what works for you if they don’t like it leave.

1 Like

His safety is first,as long as it’s not around his neck like a dog I’m all for it.

Comments like this are ridiculous. Either these people have never had a child that is a runner, or they care more about appearances than their child’s life.

3 Likes

I would have gone off on my husband and his family for not keeping them in check or at the very least tell his family if they want it off they need to watch him. You do whatever makes you feel comfortable PERIOD!

1 Like

I would tell them to mind their business, they can either help run with the child or I would pack up and leave… That was too much for you to handle by yourself at 38 weeks pregnant… jeez

1 Like

Momma you do what you have to for your child’s safety and the fact your 38 weeks pregnant! Forget said family members opinions, maybe they should’ve helped or Dad taken over since Mother’s Day is your day too not just your MIL/SIL!!!

1 Like

Leashes are fine. Tell your husband’s family to mind their own business. OR unleash your child and hand him to grandma and you go some place.

2 Likes

Wow! What happened to your husband? He could’ve easily volunteered to be running around after your kid, it was Mother’s Day for crying out loud🙄. Apart from that, you shouldn’t have listened to your in-laws, it’s your child and not theirs, period!!

3 Likes

My 3 year old refuses to hold hands or be in a stroller and I’m the only one that goes out with him so he needs one. He’s fast and sneaky so I’d rather have him attached to me with 3 feet of freedom than able to run off and get hurt or taken :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That’s your child and no one has right to tell u how to take care of him as long as u do the right thing. They were wrong and I should not let anyone cause u to do anything u don’t know want to or that’s not right. Stand yor ground yor the Mother!
I had one on my boys when they were small, they were very energetic, I’m 70 years old now and I’d do it today if I had to ! B strong remember he’s yor child not theirs !! :pray:

1 Like

Man, fuck them. I was against them when I was a younger mom but 3 kids later and 7 kids all together in my blended family and I’m all for whatever keeps your babies SAFE! There are sick people out there just waiting for a kid to be unsupervised for a split second. And besides that, there could be a body of water near by, a busy street, etc, you catch my drift. DO NOT FEEL BAD FOR KEEPING YOUR CHILD SAFE AND YOUR SANITY INTACT!

Damned if you do damned if you don’t so do what’s best for you.
Don’t keep your kid close (kids run) and you’re a bad parent,
Put a safety leash that is SOLD in many places because it is not cruelty or child abuse on your kid and keep and know they’re safe and you’re a bad parent. Who cares what people say as long as your child is safe. They make back pack ones. Try one of those out. Kids are taken and disappear ALL THE TIME! KEEP your kids as close as you can!

Would you rather your child run off and be harmed ?
Or
Deal with people that don’t mind their own?

Someone SOMEWHERE will ALWAYS have something to say. DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND YOURS!

I would most DEFINITELY use one on my 3yr old he us autistic and he is quick to take off! I’d rather know he was right with me because of a “safety leash” rather than him taking off because “I’m worried what people think” F’em it’s not like we are putting a shock/spike retractable leash and collar on their necks. Who cares what they say period :woman_shrugging:t4:

Keeping your child safe is always right. I had one that didn’t need it but my second child was a running tornado. I’d much rather have my child be ok at the end of the day than to listen to judgment. And to be nearly full term on top of it! Bless your heart :heart:

1 Like

I also had a runner and at times used the leash. You do what you need to do to keep your Child safe.

1 Like

Well first of all every situation is different. If they weren’t going to help you they should’ve kept their mouths shut !!! You need to do what you think is best for you and your child

1 Like

You do what you need to do to keep him safe. My daughter was a runner and a hider. She wasn’t afraid of Satan himself. When we went to the mall I had to tie her to my arm with a shoelace because there weren’t child leashes. I got dirty looks, oh well, what I didn’t do is lose my child.

I felt the same way as your husbands family until I had my 3rd child. You do you. Who cares what anyone else says or thinks as long as your babies are safe.

I used a leash for my children and it was a wonderful way to teach them to stay by my side and how to cross the road safely. My oldest was a runner before I purchased the leash. I didn’t have to use the leash for very long as my children learned boundaries very quickly and I wasn’t chasing them all over the place. It was very handy as well, when grocery shopping, as my children were born before grocery carts had seatbelts. They always sat well in the seats. It’s disappointing that your relatives behaved this way - this is your child, not there child and as the parent, you know best.

1 Like

When my granddaughter was little she was ADHD.we went to Tennessee and I had a halter on her they kept telling me I was making her feel embarrassed,I took it off and she almost got in a live bear cage,my friend barely caught her fingers,so honey keep that baby safe ignore the skeptics,in crowds and places where there’s danger keep it on.

2 Likes

As soon as my baby is walking I plan to use one when we’re out in public, children love to run and plus there are to many creeps out there not to know where your child is! You do what you feel is best for your family.

I used to judge parents who used those……. Then I became a mom of a wild toddler. Reality sure set in. I actually want to get one for when I take my toddler to the zoo but want to give her some free reign to walk at certain exhibits/around :purple_heart:

I wouldn’t give in especially if you had 0 help. I’d rather my child be safe on a leash than something happening to my child. You are the mom - you call the shots!

1 Like

I’m a fan of them. Wasn’t before kids but my oldest was a runner when He was young. We bought and used one to keep him safe when our in public or crowded places. I’ve come to realize that everyone has an opinion on how you should parent your kids. Just because they have an opinion doesn’t mean it’s right, or right for your family.

9 Likes

Wish we had them for our third child .Your child your rules but your husband should have help.

2 Likes

Tell them next time if you want it off then they will be the ones to be running around after him the whole time. If they say know then tell them to shut up there not the parents. Have one of your own and raise it the way you want to

I think they are a great thing,as many Children that are kidnapped that would stop a lot of it. Tell your Family to mind their on business.

1 Like

Tell them to fuck off. Your kid. Your rules.

I am all for it. I also wasn’t for it prior to a situation but I once lost my oldest in the mall when he was younger, about 3 because I had my middle in a big ole stroller. And he thought it would be a good idea to take the escalator on me and basically had me scared and I had to run and find a elevator to go up and by that time I was crying and a mess and thank Jesus a store owner stopped him for me. That day, I became pro leashes and never looked back.

1 Like