Thoughts on multiple baby showers?

Did you have a baby shower for each one of your pregnancies? I am on my 3rd pregnancy, I have 1 boy and 1 girl and this babies gender is is being kept a secret until he/she is born. My mother is against throwing me one again, she said there is no point when I just had 2 in the last 6 years. I still have all of my babies big items but I feel like I should throw some type of celebration for baby… advice?

35 Likes

Gender reveal? Lol only option I can think of wait till like 35 weeks to do it

for #3 I did a diaper sprinkle thing.

I have had 5 kids and pregnant with my 6th and never once had a baby shower or any family who bought anything for the babies. If you still have all the big items I would do a diaper party where people bring u diapers and wipes

1 Like

If you want a party then have one!

3 Likes

Every baby should be celebrated. Maybe a “sip and see” once baby is born? People can come over, visit with mom and baby and bring a gift if they feel like it. That’s what I’m thinking for my 2nd since I had a shower 2 only 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Some throw a “sprinkle” which is just a small get together, no gifts expected, maybe some diapers.

I think every baby should be celebrated. Just MY opinion though. - why not have a diaper/wipe party?

2 Likes

I agree with your mother. No… multiple showers are tacky and greedy! If someone wants to bring something for the baby they will do so on their own.

15 Likes

I had 2 baby showers. If I get pregnant again then I’ll have another one. I see nothing wrong with it at all.

I didn’t have a baby shower for either pregnancy.

I only had one baby shower with the first one. we had a diaper shower with the other kids instead.

1 Like

Then throw a celebration, make it clear that that’s all it is, because most women having baby showers nowadays do it to get gifts, even throwing them for themselves. That’s not a celebration, that’s being greedy. People are supposed to throw it for the mom.

2 Likes

If you want a shower but don’t need anything like clothes and whatnot …do a diaper drive type thing …everyone who attends bring a case of diapers and or wipes. My bfs aunt did this for her “shower” but she asked for diapers and a book for baby instead of gifts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had a “sprinkle” for my current pregnancy only cause I am having a boy and my first was a girl… other then that I wouldn’t of had one

1 Like

Have one anyways. There’s been ALOT of recalls in the past 6 years on baby items

2 Likes

I have 3 kids. I didn’t with the 3rd. The grandparents gave the baby something, and a few close friends, but that wasn’t because i asked them to. I was something that choice to do on their own. But we had really everything that we needed. Ours where really close together. So, for me it didn’t feel right to have that many so close together, and I really didn’t see the need for having one.

I love the idea of a sprinkle! Or even a shower if it’s been awhile between kids! Pregnancy is hard celebrate the baby and yourself!!

1 Like

You could do a diaper party or something different along those lines.

We did a sparkle/ gender reveal and a diaper party

I only had 1 baby shower for oldest. In 5 years, I had 3 kids.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but who says a baby shower has to include gifts? Every birth is amazing and should be celebrated. On the invites, specify that no gifts are necessary, that you just want to share the joy of this new life with friends and family.
If people choose to bring a gift then it’s appreciated, but in no way expected.
I waited 7 years for this pregnancy, you can be damned sure I’ll be celebrating it just as much as my first one.

I am pregnant for the second time and just had my first baby shower… you only have more than one baby shower is they are 7 or so years… you can celebrate the baby when its born

I have two kids and haven’t had a single baby shower :woman_shrugging:

A sprinkle is appropriate an or a gender reveal.

I would do a diaper party. Lots of food and stuff. People are welcome buy other stuff if wanted

All new babies.need.new things.Im for you having a shower.All new.mommas need.help too

3 Likes

My aunts just threw me my 3rd shower for my third girl. I think every baby should have a shower if some sort.

3 Likes

Had a big baby shower for my first. A “sprinkle” /tea party for the second. Every baby deserves to be celebrated.!

1 Like

I had a girl with a shower.
2 years later a boy and my mom also refused to throw me one cuz “you only get one in your whole life”
Had a 3rd with no shower too

It was sad and annoying.

Throw one and celebrate that baby!!

2 Likes

Baby sprinkle instead of shower that’s what people use for multiple babies

2 Likes

Throw a get together yourself and make it clear no gifts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes do! Why should the other ones get one and not this one? Even if its smaller, who cares! A baby is a very special gift from God, celebrate that baby!!!:heart:

2 Likes

boy and girl with in the past 6 yrs? I can see why she doesnt want to have another shower Have a meet and greet / Sip & see when the baby is born at your house. A new car seat and diapers and a few new out fits should be all you need unless you got rid of your baby gear

2 Likes

Do a baby sprinkle. Ask for diapers and books only. Play games have yummy food and enjoy your pregnancy.

Do a shower. Either way it’s to celebrate this wonderful new babe

1 Like

If u want to celebrate having another baby go for it , if people don’t think u should have one then they don’t have to come do it and have fun and celebrate the wee baba x

3 Likes

Regardless of how many showers have been thrown for you in such and such years, every baby should be celebrated with a baby shower.

3 Likes

Have never had a baby shower for any of my kids… no congratulations, no happy thoughts or wishes and nobody wanted me to have them(especially their dad)

3 Likes

Maybe a diaper party instead

Baby showers are for gifts. If you have all you need just do a gender reveal party and celebrate that way.

1 Like

one of my friends had a baby sprinkle instead of a baby shower for her second baby lol they’re both girls. i personally think every baby should be celebrated though.

3 Likes

A baby shower is a celebration of the child’s life. Welcoming he or she into the world. Maybe have a baby sprinkle? It’s like a shower but without the gifts and people just come and eat food and play games.

I agree with mom, especially if she has to foot the bill for a third one. If the kids were YEARS apart, to the point you didn’t keep any of the stuff then that would be different. But having a full baby shower when you’ve had 2 from previous kids is, in my opinion, very tacky. I understand wanting to celebrate your baby, but as others have suggested, have a “sprinkle” or something small after the baby is born, at your own expense.

5 Likes

Have a lil party. Decorate and have food. And tell ppl if they want to bring a gift they can. Kinda like my wedding… Everyone told us to make a wedding registry but we didnt cuz we didnt need anything and ppl brought whatever they wanted

Each baby deserves to be showered with gifts❤

3 Likes

I think it’s tacky.
But who cares what I think?
Do whatever you want. It’s your baby and your life.

I mean If you got your stuff still then nah, maybe do a diaper party? Where whoever brings diapers they get entered Into a raffle for a prize .

3 Likes

Every baby deserves to be celebrated! I had a baby shower for my oldest and 2 years later a baby sprinkle for my youngest.

Do a Sip’n’See after the baby is born!

Do a BaByQ. Have a party to celebrate your new baby but don’t make it about gifts! Problem solved! If people WANT to get you something… they will!

1 Like

I’ve had 3 kids in 5 years. #1 is a girl and she had 2 showers. #2 is a boy and he had 1 shower. #3 is a boy and we had a sprinkle. I think every baby should be celebrated with a party. We hosted our own parties though so someone else wasn’t footing the bill.

If you want to throw a party, make sure to say no gifts. Multiple baby showers are viewed as tacky and asking for presents. Don’t call it a baby shower, call it a celebration or something. All my friends and I only did a shower for our first baby when you literally have zero baby items.

1 Like

Have a gender reveal n do a diaper raffle :slightly_smiling_face: diapers are always needed

Just do a drop in diapers and wipes sprinkle. Just have people come, drop off gifts and leave when they want to.

A sip and see. Let people come meet the baby when they’re born. They don’t have to bring gifts but they might choose to bring food.

I had a “baby sprinkle” for my second. Guests brought diapers or gifts for big brother. Nothing big

Meet and greet when the baby is born is good for number 3

I’ve been seeing this alot lately. I always thought you were supposed to have one with every child. I had 1 with both my youngins. I dont understand the hate mothers get nowadays for it.

I threw myself a diaper party for my second kid since I already had all the baby stuff I needed. I totally recommend.

For my first three I had baby showers… I got pregnant with my 4 when my 3rd (son) was 6months &since I was having another boy my SIL threw me a diaper shower since all I wanted needed was diapers.

I totally agree with mom, 3 baby showers in 6 years isn’t necessary. If there were large gaps sure but that gets expensive

2 Likes

Sprinkle or diaper shower this is our 4th we are planning on taking a little of our tax money and puttinbit towards a BBQ for when baby comes home to have a type of celebration

I have 2 children and didnt get a shower with either, maybe throw a sprinkle. Let people know its celebrating the baby, but also make it clear that you still have all of the necessary big items from your first 2.

Each NEW BABY needs to be showered with gifts… Its a new life!! The baby can’t just be left out just because its a 3rd baby… Not fair

4 Likes

I see it as tacky to have more than 1. You have a baby shower for your first and a sprinkle for your second but after that there’s really no point I think.

1 Like

I know my younger daughter feels hurt that there was no baby shower for her when she looks through the photo albums with pictures of her brother’s and older sister’s

1 Like

do it yourself,
no one needs to host it for you.

Do a diaper shower! Just where everyone pretty much gives diapers wipes. Mostly just hygiene stuff. Especially since gender is a secret

1 Like

You could have a diaper party and maybe do some small prizes for a diaper raffle. I’m due with my second boy in may and my mother in law is throwing me another babyshower even though i still have everything from my 1st boy. In my opinion every baby deserves to be celebrated.

2 Likes

Personally, I didn’t have any :woman_shrugging:t2: I feel like if I did, I’m basically asking people to buy the baby things. Which I don’t feel comfortable with.

2 Likes

Be prepared for people not to show. I did a diaper party for my 2nd cause we had everything else. A handful showed.

1 Like

The baby shower isn’t just for getting “stuff” it’s for celebrating the baby!!!

5 Likes

I’ve been told it’s greedy to have 3 I didn’t have one with my first as he was premie I had a baby que for mysecond two years ago and Now we r expecting number 3and we are just doing a BBQ no gifts required tho

1 Like

I had a baby shower for my first. Didn’t have any for the other four. Didn’t see the big fuss of it. Plus had a close family die on the same day I had my first baby shower so also took that as a sign to not have one again.

Baby has no idea about a party. A shower for a third child seems in bad taste.

1 Like

Baby shower for the 1st and a diaper party for the 2nd

My sisters threw me a surprise baby shower. I don’t think I’d have another one if I have a second baby but I did love having a catch up with all the ladies in my life before my son was born so I might throw a party myself but more of a get together before baby is born and less of a shower if that makes sense :joy: having a little celebration is nice but maybe suggest to your nearest and dearest that you have everything you need for baby but you’d love to have them all around for a celebration but on a more low key scale :heart:

1 Like

I had a baby shower for all three of mine actually I had 3 for my first 2 for my second and 1 for my third and they are all 2 years apart.

Generally a shower for the first. Babies after have been having sprinkles. A gathering to celebrate the new baby, small gifts, books, diapers etc.

1 Like

No reason for your friends to feel obligated to buy you stuff when you don’t need anything.

3 Likes

Had a baby shower for my oldest, a baby sprinkle for my middle (both are girls), and this one none. Bought everything myself.

I had a baby shower for my now almost 7 year old and a baby shower for my 19 month old my 8 month old did not have a shower we got the extra crib and double stroller and everything else we basically had thst we needed.

I had a baby shower for each of my kids even if they were small I still had one

I never had one for any of my kids… we did a gender party and friends brought gifts for that but nothing huge

I had one for my last child but she’s also 20 years younger than the oldest.

1 Like

so like a sprinkle shower! Just where everyone gets together & maybe jusy have everyone bring just diapers!

I had one for each of my kids, but only have 1 boy & 1 girl!

I had a baby for all 3 of my pregnancies

I am not having a baby shower for my second. My oldest is almost 6

I had one with my first but that was it.

I would just do a diaper shower since you still have mostly everything.

1 Like

I believe every baby should be celebrated. If you have everything then have like a lunch or special get together. I have 4 and I celebrated each one!

3 Likes

We’ve always had baby showers for each baby it’s more of a celebration then anything. Bringing people together who care about you and baby. :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Have a party , you don’t want to regret not having one for one of your babies

1 Like

Have a diaper party. I personally wouldn’t have a full baby shower

You could do a get together to celebrate, but I would not request gifts. I could see it if your kids were older, but with kids as young as yours, it does seem a bit excessive.

I think every pregnancy should be celebrated with a baby shower. Every baby needs at least a few new things!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Had showers for both my boys even though I didn’t want one for my second, and I absolutely refuse to have a third baby shower for our daughter coming in spring 2020

Celebrate your baby you deserve a baby shower if you want one it doesn’t matter how many kids you have

1 Like