Thoughts on multiple baby showers?

I used to also think it was weird to have more than one baby shower, butttttt kids are hella expensive and deserve to be celebrated! Go ahead momma

1 Like

We had a baby shower for my 1st son but I kept all of the big items and all of the clothing and toys… we had our second son they are 2 years and 2 months apart to the day and we didn’t have a shower for him but we did have a gender reveal and a diaper raffle. I do want a baby shower if I have a girl, but I would ask for diapers, wipes and then girl clothing.

I’m on my third and I didn’t have a third baby shower and would have probably even passed on the second had my mom not wanted to do one so badly.

Baby showers are literally specifically about buying gifts and helping people get a start with their babies.

I think once you hit 3 or more it’s kind of tacky and rude to keep having them. Baby showers aren’t celebrating the baby … they’re there for people to buy hella shit off the registry lol.

There are other ways to celebrate.

I’m not about to annoy anyone with anymore showers and Im def never doing a gender reveal party lol.

The first baby shower is more than enough unless people are just really insisting and pushing on having one for you and this doesn’t sound like the case.

Just have a diaper party? So you can celebrate the baby but not put everyone under the pressure of big ticket items :woman_shrugging:t2: You can still do games and stuff, even a diaper raffle (every pack of diapers is one raffle ticket kind of thing). Do something but do something different

1 Like

I waited until each baby was born and had a “meet n greet” and I have 4 kids 9 yr difference from oldest to youngest.
Each life should be celebrate and welcomed.

1 Like

Baby shower for the 1st baby. Maybe another if there are several years between them.

I had a big one for my 1st which was a girl, when she was 13 years old we got pregnant with a boy and that’s the only reason I had another one. I’m now pregnant with our 3rd and final also a boy, and even though we weren’t planning on having anymore and I got rid of everything… we just bought everything ourselves. My family is one of those old school families, baby showers are reserved for 1st borns.

1 Like

Throw your party! Celebrate it!

1 Like

I have all boys (3) and I had a shower for my first 2 and I didn’t for my 3rd

1 Like

I have 4 girls 11,10,6,10m and I only had a shower with the first . my cousin has 6 kids and had a big shower for every one of them

If you want to celebrate having another baby, just do like a luncheon or something. Something where you can get together with your friends and family and celebrate the occasion but no gifts are needed. And if anyone wants to give gifts, then they can give gifts in the way of diapers or items that you’ll need for the baby like lotion and shampoo or formula if you won’t be breastfeeding, stuff like that.

I had a diaper party :slight_smile:

More than 1 is greedy unless there is several years difference between kids. If you still have all the stuff it’s especially greedy.

1 Like

I currently pregnant with my fourth son and never had one for any of my boys. Because I rather I bought what they needed but that’s just me. But if you want to have one I don’t see the harm in having one for new baby.

You could have a" meet the baby" party after he or she is born. A month or so after that way all family can meet at one time, you’re not having to bring baby to a bunch of houses and I’m sure people would bring a little something for baby

I had a “sprinkle” for my 3rd bc I still had everything but my 4th I’m having a shower bc I don’t have anything really (it was a big surprise!)

Have a sprinkle. For the little things, diapers and wipes.

1 Like

I didn’t do a baby shower after my first but after my 2nd was born we did a meet the baby get together. People brought wipes and diapers and clothes, basically just the small things you use a lot of. We have 5 kids so we kept all the big gear and stuff.

So celebrate when baby is here… a welcome baby party or a sprinkle before baby… either way nothing big since you did that 2x already

1 Like

I think it would be best to refrain from having another shower . The people that want to give you a gift will do so no matter if you have a shower or not . You could have a few friends over for lunch or dinner to celebrate with you but to me if you’ve already had showers for both sexes in the past , that should be enough . Just my opinion .

4 Likes

I say if u want to do it, do it maybe just make it ‘gifts appreciated but not expected. No registry’ and make sure the invite shows that its non specific to gender ‘is it a he or a she, whatever is, come celebrate a new baby with me’ type thing

I have 3 kids and never had 1 baby shower . I survived!

2 Likes

I had a shower for all of my kids. The 3 I gave birth to and the one I’m adopting. It is a shower for the baby. With gifts for the baby. Each kid gets their own birthday party dont they?

4 Likes

Why not? Just let your guests know that they’re not obligated to buy anything since you have mostly everything you need, and if they feel like they need to just to get a card and put a $5 bill in it to put towards diapers or something.
I ended up having two showers for my son, one was a surprise from my co-workers and residents of the nursing home I worked in, and the other with friends and family. With my daughter, no one even bothered showing up whom I invited (I was actually heartbroken, I just wanted some adult company).

I had a baby shower with all 3 kids! Celebrate the baby and throw yourself a party!

1 Like

On my third pregnancy. I had one for my boy…and one for my girl.
With my girl I just did a small cook out and did not ask for a single thing. Some friends brought diapers and gave us cards with money but we did not ask for anything and when people asked us we told them to just be present so we could have memories for the baby book! This pregnancy I will not be doing anything. Third time around, parties are exhausting to plan/prepare. I just don’t feel its necessary.

I had a baby shower for all 3 of my kids. It’s not about the gifts. It’s about everyone getting together to “shower” the expected baby with love. I didn’t expect gifts. In fact I made it clear a gift wasn’t required for attendance. I also wasn’t rejecting gifts. Mine were basically baby themed potlucks lol.

I only had one baby shower with my first, my second baby family just bought stuff cause I had a boy for my first and a girl for my second and my third I didn’t ask for anything cause I reused what I had kept from my first son.

I always say at least have one for diapers and wipes

Depends on sex of baby and years between children. After 6 years lots of things are recalled ao reusing can be dangerous. Also, most Dads wouldn’t want their sons in a pink carseat with a pink nursery although you might could femininize a blue room a girl. Its about what the Mama/Baby needs not about partying & being “too much”. And if your host is also pregnant or a family memeber ia an alcoholic, please be smart no alcohol

Such a good question. (Bc it’s relevent to me right now :joy:) I had a boy 2 years ago and gave away a lot to cousins who immediately had babies or parents who fostered and needed stuff on the fly. So now we need stuff and was wondering the rule as well! I was kind of just planning on asking for a diaper shower bc I hate asking people to go out and buy clothes, and all those baby things so soon.

Have someone throw a “sip and see” and ask guests to please not bring gifts :heart:

1 Like

Every baby gets a shower . If Mom doesnt want to come ok . God bless ,have a wonderful shower !

2 Likes

I would do a diaper kegger, (everyone brings a case of wipes or diapers or a package of each.)

I’ve had 5 baby showers even my babies that were 15 months apart got a little something

1 Like

After your first baby the showers are called “sprinkles”.

It’s a celebration of bringing new life into the world.

2 Likes

I’m on my 4th . Never once have I gotten a baby shower .

1 Like

I would have a diaper shower. You may have all the big items, but diapers, wipes, clothes, etc are still needed. If mama doesn’t like it, she doesn’t have to go.

Had two surprise showers thrown for my first two kids and this baby we did a pizza party with close friends a relatives

Ummmm excuse me?? Throwing Yourself a baby shower??? How totally classless!! You should NEVER EVER throw yourself a shower (they call it Begging for presents…and is very gauche.) People (sisters, aunts etc…anybody except your own mom----doesn’t anybody read Miss Manners or Emily Post anymore??) can throw it for you and Showers were originally given to a first time mom to help get her things she would not have…second or third ones were (at one time) unheard of. I guess it’s different these days but I still think it’s Crass!! Now you can throw a small tea but do not call it a Baby Shower.

12 Likes

Yes have a celebration get together with a diaper raffle. You should always celebrate the life of a child!! And dont let others get you down about having one!

2 Likes

Have a baby sprinkle

3 Likes

Who cares what anyone thinks. You want a shower, have one. If anyone thinks its wrong then they dont need to attend.

4 Likes

For my fourth baby, I was blessed with a “diaper shower”. Everyone gave diapers (all different sizes) and wipes. That was the best thing anyone could have done. I did not have to buy diapers until my baby was 9 months old!!!

2 Likes

Diaper and wipe party! U should still celebrate new baby coming and diapers are alwayz a need

1 Like

Most people do not have a baby shower each time.

2 Likes

I had one for my 11 year old. None for my 2&1 year old. We baught everything, besides the odd gift from family.

Throw a baby sprinkle. Basically everyone comes to celebrate the new baby and they have the option to bring a gift or not

1 Like

I was thrown 2. One for each child. I think for a third a diaper shower is a good idea.

Do a meet the baby after the baby is born. I never I had a baby shower for any of my 3 babies. I do a meet the baby.

Have a diaper party instead. You get to have a little celebration and people can bring you diapers instead of other baby things that you might already have. I had a baby shower for both my kids.

I have been to a ‘Celebrate Life’ baby shower. We were told on the invites not to bring baby gifts as this is their 3rd child and they have everything already. They just wanted to celebrate the gift of life with family and friends.

1 Like

Only one shower. Unless they are years apart.

1 Like

No for my first born I did for my second i just had 3 months ago we both decided not to have one

Fuck what people think. Have a sprinkle!

One baby shower… everything else just for attention…

3 Likes

I never got a baby shower but I wanted one I say have one tho

I was not allowed a baby shower. I have 4 boys and was 17 with my first. My mother said I was a young unwed mother and therefore there would be no shower. Not allowed again with my second at 19… I guess I’d have been allowed but my mom wasn’t going to participate so I didn’t have one. Third and fourth, I lived off away from everyone so no go! Showers are nice but not necessary.

1 Like

Go for it who cares what people think. Its a shower for the baby

1 Like

I have to agree with your mum. I have a boy and girl and didn’t see the need with baby 2 :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I had one with my oldest and then had her sister 2 years later and did not have one. I did a meet and greet after she was born. No gifts required. Then 6 years later after divorce and remarried I had another baby girl and had another shower bc I had gotten rid of all my baby stuff and it was my husbands first child and then 2 1/2 years later I had another baby this time a boy but did not have shower as I had all the bigger items for the most part from my daughter. I bought second hand for everything else. If you’re really wanting to do something to celebrate the pregnancy then do a pregnancy celebration or do a meet and greet. I feel like a baby shower puts pressure for gift giving that isn’t needed.

I was always told, just for the first one. Also, thrown by your friends, not your family.

2 Likes

My sister-in-law had multiple showers and assigned us things to bring for her

3 Likes

If you want to just do party baby party do it!

If everyones okay with that. Maybe just do diapers cream and clothes party since you should have a lot already. I heard only 1 baby shower but hey if your whole family is okay with it. If not just do a baby celebration party!

You can do whatever you want! Have a “sprinkle” if you want. I celebrate every baby :heart:

1 Like

Ive been a firm believer of the ONE shower deal.
A celebration of life party would be fantastic. But people shouldn’t feel obligated to buy you gifts everytime you have a baby.

However I mean, you could always have one, provided you wouldn’t be upset if people didn’t show up for your third one.

I didnt because I was having another boy in the same season, was going to do a Sip n See for his celebration but it is flu season and I was too exhausted to host and create a party. I dont like multiple big baby showers it’s kind of cringy unless you’re having the opposite gender, but to each their own.

Oh lord kudos to you for waiting out the gender, I wish I could wait (also my 3rd, have both boy and girl already) but my anxiety won’t let me. I’m having a baby shower since we gave away all our baby clothes from both.

1 shower for your first baby. That’s why its special

2 Likes

Each baby is a blessing from God, therefore each baby should be celebrated equally.

2 Likes

Every child should be celebrated

I would I know many people who have done multiple baby showers. It’s what u want mama if she wont throw it do it urself include friends. I would suggest maybe a bbq or something. If u wanna celebrate ur pregnancy then do it.

I personally think each baby deserves a shower no matter if it’s a big or small one - a shower is the time to celebrate the new addition to the family and a get together with friends and family and no matter if you have other little ones this little one deserves to receive new and needed things as well…have a shower and let your guests guess on gender and brings either way wear, diapers, etc. Enjoy celebrating.

Change it to a gender reveal! Then you get gifts and a cake and balloons, and it’s just like a baby shower for number 3…Surprise!

My thoughts…tacky, unless there has been a huge gap between kids. Like 10 years.

2 Likes

Yes and no I had a baby shower for my 1st and 3rd that both turned out great, but for my 2nd no one showed up except one person. I think every baby deserves to be celebrated.

I would have a little bbq. Just a get together. Nothing big

1 Like

Diaper shower just ask for diapers, wipes, bottles, or maybe even gift cards

What about a sprinkle? When my SIL had her third (she had a bigger age gap) me and 2 other friends of hers threw her a sprinkle just so she could get diapers and outfits and such.

if you want to do a shower have one, but just know that you can’t really demand anyone throw another one for you

I would. Each Baby deserves to have a celebration.

Celebrate your body and your baby. It absolutely does not matter what anyone else thinks.

2 Likes

It’s your baby your choice. My opinion, doesn’t matter if you have 10 kids and a shower for everyone. If someone doesn’t feel like you should do so then they don’t need to go. Their opinion doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I always thought is was very presumptuous for the mother or another family member to throw a baby shower. It should be done by some non-relative friend,

I’ve been to showers for all my nieces babies. It’s called a sprinkle shower

It is kind of like a pre-birthday party!! Every child gets a birthday party.

1 Like

Tell her she can’t have her birthday celebrated then, she already had one. :joy::expressionless:

4 Likes

If you want one have one screw what everyone has to say - I have one child right now and I plan to have another and another shower, my sister is on her second and is having another shower for this baby too it’s very normal in Mexican family’s

1 Like

Do it! Every baby deserves to be celebrated! Even if you just have everyone bring wipes/diapers! Celebrate that baby how ever you see fit!

2 Likes

Baby sprinkle!!! Every baby should be celebrated. Personally out of 6 pregnancies I’ve never had a shower, but I don’t see why you shouldn’t if you can. Ask for things you know babies go through and can’t reuse, like diapers and bibs since babies stain those. Bottles if you use them, because I know nipples get ruined with each baby and bottles can get cracked and stained as well. Easily ask for simple onsies. Wipes… Congratulations

I dont see a problem in having another one. You are allowed to celebrate your baby

1 Like

Do a diaper shower. And keep it to just close family and close friends. Your mom isn’t obligated maybe someone else would offer to take over otherwise just do something yourself

I’ve heard of people doing “sprinkles.” Which, from my understanding, is just a mini shower for friends and family to get you what you don’t already have. If you want a shower, though, you deserve a shower momma! You’re the one that has to carry your precious baby for 9 months while raising two others! You’re more than deserving of having one. If your mom is not for it, see if a friend or other family member will host a little get together for you. Good luck!

1 Like

If your not in need for gifts maybe do a gender reveal or a baby shower with games instead of gifts.

Idk. You’re lucky to have even gotten One. I’m pregnant with baby #2. Never even got a baby shower. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Every life deserves to be celebrated. Do a blessingway instead😊.

1 Like

Have a party. A sip and see kind of a deal to celebrate the new baby, but specify that you’re just having a celebration and no gifts are expected.

It’s poor etiquette to ask for gifts for every pregnancy.

4 Likes

Everyone is different of course but for me, I have three children. I had one shower for my first born. I had immediate family dinner celebrations for my next 2 children. This included my grandparents, parents in laws and my sibling and sister n law. I felt very uncomfortable expecting people to continue to buy me things by having additional showers. People in your life that love you will support you regardless.

You can still do something. If you don’t need anything just tell people they don’t need to bring a gift