Tips on managing PCOS?

I just need some advice and helpful tips, please.

Yesterday, I was diagnosed with PCOS… I had a follow up ultrasound for a couple cysts I had a month or two ago and they found a lot of follicles on my right ovary… when the doctor came in she showed me my pictures and told me very little about PCOS… I made the mistake of doing some research and now I’m pretty upset about it.

I do have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old girl, but we are trying for another. I’ve had 1 miscarriage before my daughter and two after her while having the copper IUD. My doctor told me to come back in 6 months to talk about some options if I’m still not pregnant… my boyfriend is understandably upset. He’s always wanted a child of his own…(my daughter is from a previous relationship.) He told me that this doesn’t change anything about how much he loves me and feels…but, I could see the sadness in his eyes.

I’ve always wanted a big family since I could remember and now it seems like it’s going to be near impossible…
I guess my question is, has anyone had a healthy pregnancy and baby while having PCOS? Did you get pregnant naturally?.. was the pregnancy harder? I’m sorry for all the questions and long post… I would just like some advice for women who have it… thank you so much!..

15 Likes

My sister had PCOS and was told she’d never have children around age 20. She ended up giving birth to three healthy children. It is possible.

2 Likes

Just remember that tons of women with PCOS conceive and have babies.

2 Likes

One of my clients got pregnant three times. All healthy. Her first pregnancy was difficult (preeclampsia and emergency c section) but she did say it took her some time to get pregnant. She wasn’t actively trying for her third because of the PCOS she didn’t think she could be pregnant again and bam, healthy 9 month old baby girl now. Everyone’s situation is different

I was told when I was 21 that I wouldn’t have children because of PCOS. I have 2 healthy boys with 2 easy and healthy pregnancies!! Don’t give up hope!

I had two children before 2009 when I found out I had it

Teen mom maci has it n she has 3 kids 2 are only a year apart

1 Like

I have PCOS. And I’m 23 weeks and 2 days and my baby is 100% healthy I did take a pill for a few weeks and boom pregnancy immediately and I didn’t even have a period

As a woman that was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago and just had baby number 2 four weeks ago, it’s possible. I had a healthy pregnancy. Don’t stress cause that won’t help.

I was told i have PCOS when i was 20… dr said i probably wouldn’t have children… 4 healthy babies and 3 miscarriages later…i think they were wrong. :joy::rofl: you have a good chance keep your head up. ( also this was with absolutely no medical intervention)

I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago and was told conceiving would not be possible naturally without having to seek certain fertility options. I have a beautiful, healthy 2 year old and I’m 30 weeks pregnant with #2 both conceived naturally and both surprises :blue_heart: no complications whatsoever with pregnancy or anything!

I have pcos. Went 12 months without a period and am currently 29 weeks after being told id never conceive again… its possible.

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 13 years old. I was told I would never conceive children. I had precancerous cells in my uterus at 26. I had to get several d&c’s to get them cleaned out. My ob would only do one more surgery before referring me to an oncologist, and recommend a hysterectomy.

With the right medication, hormone therapy, and education, and best Ob/Gyn, I conceived my little boy a year later. I’m currently carrying a little girl. Please do not let this diagnosis discourage you.

Trying to conceive the first time was the hardest thing I’ve ever been through. But, we know the reward is worth it. I would do it all over again. My daughter was a surprise, so it didn’t take much the 2nd time around. If you need advice please reach out. You’re not alone.

Try changing your diet and exercising more it will help trust me

1 Like

I have pcos. My daughter took a year of fertility ( clomid, hcg injection, iui, progesterone) to get pregnant. I maxed out the dosage and was about to ve referred to an ivf doctor when we finally were blessed with her.
This pregnancy we werent trying at all. My daughter is 2 1/2 we were having unprotected sex bc we didn’t think pregnancy without the hassle was possible for me. Well I found out I was pregnant when I was 5 months with my son. It just happened. :woman_shrugging:

Anything is possible its harder but possible

I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year after my 3rd child was born and was told it’d be next to impossible to conceive another baby without medical interventions. We tried for ther longest time anyways and finally after 8 years I gave birth to a healthy baby boy and 3 years after that we had another healthy baby boy. What helped me was really watching what I ate and losing weight. The only complications I experienced during pregnancy was gestational diabetes. Everything else related to the pregnancies was per my normal. Good luck. Don’t give up no matter how long it takes.

Look up Alani Nu, they have great supplements and read the reviews. I’ve seen so many success stories from them with people having trouble conceiving. Even the owner of the company has a success story. They have a supplement called Balance that helps and they now have prenatals. Always do your research but I’ll always rave about them. I personally don’t know what you’re going through but I figured I’d give some help in any way I can. Best of luck​:two_hearts::pray:t2:

I have pcos and was told I’d never conceive, I’m 38 and have a 2 yo son… the older you get in most cases, the more likely it is to conceive 1 or multiples… never give up hope…

I was diagnosed when I was 16 and I get bad flare ups but I got pregnant with my daughter naturally and had a pretty healthy pregnancy. Good luck mama :heartpulse:

I had a healthy pregnancy with pcos, no supplements or fertility treatments. It was a little difficult but my spouse and i just quit trying. We just enjoyed ourselves quit stressing & went at it like rabbits & then boom our daughter came along :heart_eyes: trying to stay healthy & lose weight helps. I gained 1 pound while pregnant the whole time & weighed less after having her.

1 Like

I got pregnant twice without trying, miscarried one and my other is about 12.

I had twins with PCOS! It took some time to conceive and it was upsetting and frustrating but it’s possible!

1 Like

This is my third pregnancy with PCOS + endometriosis. I am 19+1 with our daughter. After my first successful pregnancy, my body seemed to mellow out (not the case for most women). I don’t know what it’s like to not have it and have a pregnancy but, I can say my pregnancies got easier as I went along.
I’m sorry you’re going thru this. You’re in my thoughts and I’m sending love. I know how hard it is to hear the news. :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Exercise is key! It not only slows it down but makes getting pregnant so much easier! That’s how I ended up with my surprise little boy!

1 Like

I have PCOS, I had 2 kids then they believe I developed it, I had 2 miscarriages, after a year of irregular periods and not conceiving after the second loss I was told it was unlikely that I could conceive naturally and was told I wasnt ovulating. They were wrong! We got pregnant naturally a month after that news. This is our rainbow baby, shes 4.5 month old now :blush:

3 Likes

I have endometriosis and PCOS both. I had 2 pregnancies. Both full term, both healthy. Pregnancies were painful, hard. But what I got afterward was definitely worth it.

My first child, we took some medication to conceive with her. The second one we conceived on our own. :slightly_smiling_face:
It is possible! Don’t give up.

I have pcos… I have 3 amazingly annoying brats, lol. .

Of course, I’ve had my losses. … however, I have 3 beautiful kiddos (1 of which is playing with my toes as I type)

1 Like

I have polycystic ovarian disease, I was scheduled for a hysterectomy when I found out I was pregnant with my son, had no complications healthy baby boy, he is my miracle. Dont give up, lots of prayers

1 Like

My best friend had a healthy pregnancy and baby with pcos…and she had cysts that bursts frequently before she got pregnant.

My sister had it and just had a beautiful healthy baby boy in March. She was told she had it at 15 years old and they said she would probably never have kids. She felt having a family would never be a possibility and she was so excited when she got pregnant. It might be a little hard but not impossible!

1 Like

My sister had 2 children after she was diagnosed. Their both healthy little boys. She got pregnant naturally

I also have pcos. Start paleo lifestyle without cheating on it and within 3 months you’ll be pregnant. My doc said paleo reverses pcos symptoms. That’s how I got pregnant 3 times. Prior to paleo I did fertility treatments with clomid that resulted in miscarriages.

1 Like

I have Pcos,Had a healthy first pregnancy,He is my lil monster lol but in dec i had a misscariage:( Never had to take medication.

1 Like

I had PCOS and endometriosis I was on birth control but the cysts got to the point where I had and endoscopy done to laser them away that was when I was 19 they told me I had a small chance I would be able to have children I got pregnant at 31 gave birth to a happy healthy boy (while on birth control) we not expecting to conceive so I’m my opinion and experience it is possible

I have pcos I had my daughter from iui and I’m doing ivf for baby number two we just had our transfer last Thursday

1 Like

I have PCOS, diagnosed when i was 16. Im now on my third pregnancy all healthy babies. There was a 6 year gap between baby 1&2 and a 3 year gap between 2&3. It is hard but its also possible!

PCOS mom here. 4 kids AFTER being told I would never have children. Also had endo. After my last daughter at 28 I had a complete hysterectomy.

I have 3 healthy babies with PCOS it isn’t always impossible go see a good gyn or endocrinologist they can help.

I’m in the same boat. Unofficially diagnosed with PCOS. I have a cyst on both ovaries and have been TTC for almost 7 months now. Already have one child. It sucks! I guess I’m going to get on clomid this summer if it doesn’t happen by then. I just don’t want to put my body through that.

I was diagnosed when my daughter was 2, 8 years later I have 2 biys

ive got pcos and have 5 kids

I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS, endometriosis, and tilted uterus since I was 16 at 22 I was told I wouldn’t be able to have children “naturally” and was even told to not get my hopes up to bare children at all… I had a laparoscopy at around 29 to help with my overall pain and at 32 I got pregnant naturally and conceived naturally with a healthy baby… zero issues while pregnant… before getting pregnant I got super healthy and was on a low carb high protein diet and my overall health was great… my periods had also regulated for the most part…

What is PCOS? I’m 73 and not up on these term! Best wishes to all you young moms. You all are doing so well. Try to enjoy every moment with your husband and babies and then you will have beautiful memories. like I do! God bless you all!

I have pcos and have a 2.5 year old and a 14 month old. I was diagnosed 5 years ago but have been dealing with the symptoms since age 11. It took us over 2 years to conceive our first and it took perfect timing, planning, and 100mg of clomid. My second I conceived at 6 months postpartum even though my doctors told me I couldn’t have anymore especially not naturally. I remember first getting diagnosed and being told I might never have children. I remember being so confused and stressed and not being told enough information about this condition. If anyone wants to talk about anything to do with pcos or the stresses of being a Cyster I urge you to join one of the support groups or message me.

I got pregnant pretty easily while on metformin

I was diagnosed at 15 with PCOS and within a few months getting off my birth control i was pregnant. Had a really good pregnancy and my son is completely healthy