Tips to help with morning sickness?

Learn the fastest route to every bathroom where you will be and learn to puke out your car window while driving. Lol. Not kidding. I puked all day every day for 8 months. Not leaving the house wasn’t exactly an option. You get used to it… It sucks but you get used to it… I tried everything under the sun but nothing worked.

1 Like

Try the pressure point bands for your wrists. They did wonders for me with both my pregnancy

I’m currently 8 months pregnant and the worst I ever felt was my first trimester. I tried everything and nothing made me feel better! Unfortunately you might just have to wait it out. Once I was about 20 weeks I felt a lot better. Just keep your head up and listen to your doctors. It gets easier!!

I took unisom and vitamin B6 every night. I was sick my entire pregnancy. Was the only thing that worked. Helped me sleep and not throw up. It was a win win. If I missed a night I was miserable the next 2 days. Take them together every night before bed. Give it a day or 2 hopefully you notice a difference :crossed_fingers:

I used mint oil. The smell helped with my nausea. I would put it in a diffuser at home and put it on my hand when out

I had hyperemesis (to the point I LOST 40 lbs through ALL 4 of my pregnancies). A shot of lemon or pickle juice usually calmed the nausea, and with my second child, I used to get a salt packets from restaurants and suck on one throughout work (crazy, I know, but it helped! 🤷)

Make an appointment with your OB GYN please. It could be HG or hyperemesis gravidium.

The whole big dill pickles!! Those are the only food I could keep down & it helps your nausea

Phenergan (promethazine) this was the only thing that worked for me. Zofran was never an option because of birth defects.

Try crackers, and mash pototoes, i would talk to your doctor.

Anything you take or do you should run by your OB-GYN first

Cannabis go ahead and bash me ppl. IDC. It’s medicine that actually does take the puking away. So.

4 Likes

My grandma told me to keep saltine crackers by my bed and eat one before I even got up!

I ate sour candy all the time and drove everywhere with my windows down as the cool air helped me get through the drive. I took diclectin 4 times a day at one point.

My friend swore by jolly ranchers, said they took her nausea away.:woman_shrugging:

Gotta be careful u don’t get dehydrated. Try sucking mints or changing the water u drink. Weird I know but when I got pregnant with this baby I had to change water as it kept making me through up. Had to change to fiji

Ginger biscuits are good for morning sickness I know a few friends that taken it i feel sick a lot but not morning sickness and salt and vinegar crisps help me or ready salted

If your vomiting is that bad it may be Hyperemesis Graviardum - please speak to your doctor and ask about zofran. You can only start taking it in the 2nd trimester but it was the only thing that helped me!

I had HG and was on zofran and Promethazine and was still hospitalized 5 times for dehydration because I would constantly throw up

Drink broth and saltines

1 Like

White soda crackers mild tea crackers ,dry toast

1 Like

OB told me B6 and unisom it’s the only thing that helps me, I take it every night and if I don’t I’m throwing up every 30 minutes. I started taking it at like 7 weeks and I still take it now at 20 weeks.

Ask your doctor for diclegis (pretty sure it’s spelled wrong lol). It’s a nausea medication developed for pregnant women. It is a life saver!!!

Before you even lift your head off your pillow in the morning eat some saltines,or ritz,take a small sip of wAter,lay there for another ten minutes if you can hold that down you should be okay to sit up slowly.

1 Like

Water will make you more sick…drink anything other than water over ice gatorade or lemonade. Also talk to your doctor! Mine was a lifesaver with  nausea medicine 

Crackers or ginger ale

My Dr gave me a good pill to help with that and I did good it’s zofran

Pickles helped me. And it was an accident that I discovered it

Nothing really helped me. I tried just about everything. I’m glad that parts over. Good luck to you! I have never been so sick in my life.