Toddler gags when bushing teeth

Anyone else have a toddler that gags every single time you brush their teeth? idk what to try at this point but it almost makes him throw up every single time…

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Toddler gags when bushing teeth

I’m 49 and I still gag brushing my teeth … I use mouth wash more than normal and found a round powered brush helps gagging less … Good luck finding a solution! There are sensory brushes that do teeth all in one go like a mouth guard … Forgot the name sorry …

1 Like

Some people just have very sensitive gag reflex.Im 70 and gag brushing teeth and cleaning out my ears.Give everyone something to laugh at,not to mention swallowing tablets.

2 Likes

I’m close to 30 and gag brushing mine all the time :sweat_smile: been that way long as I can remember.

My daughter did this until I started rubbing the toothpaste into her toothbrush

1 Like

All my boys do this even my hubby lol

Ngl now that I’m older I have to do it even more

Try Tom’s toothpaste.

Ask your dentist to recommend something… your child’s doctor… and obviously what you’re doing is asking for advice… but Google search probably has some…

45 and still gag! I brush often…but hate it!

I’m 32 and gag every single time! :joy::joy::joy:

I have to use sulfate free toothpaste and I start brushing with toothpaste only and just a little water so it doesn’t foam up so much. I also have to use a smaller toothbrush head and sometimes it helps to hold my breath while brushing the back and inside of the back of my teeth. And frequent spit out. I still Gag a lot and sometimes throw up but I also have allergies and a lot of drainage issues from my sinuses so that doesn’t help either

Lol my husband gags too lol. Some people just have very sensitive gag reflex. Nothing more.

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $15674… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://ClickIntoWealth692.pages.dev/

1 Like

Tilt there head forward a little so the toothpaste doesn’t hit the back of there throat :ok_hand:

2 Likes

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $15674… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://ClickIntoWealth781.pages.dev/

1 Like

My bf gags every time like a gut curdling gag lol

Mine gag because of the flavor they can’t have anything minty so I have to get them strawberry tooth paste and there just fine

1 Like

Sounds like they are brushing their tongue, not their teeth.

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $16891… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://ClickIntoWealth806.pages.dev/

1 Like

If you hum while you brush tongue it helps you not gag

Does he have a tongue tie?

Make him tuck his chin when he brushes.

Electric Kids Ultrasonic Toothbrush,U Shaped Automatic Toothbrushes 360° Cleaning with Six Smart Modes Auto Whitening Toothbrush IPX7 Waterproof Design for Children Toddler 2-7 Years Old (Pink) https://a.co/d/9BtypRl

Try to explain brushing the teeth first then when they get use the that slowly try the tongue. Alot of kids don’t like the feeling of the brush on the tongue.

I’m 33 I still gag can’t stand it :sweat_smile: