Was I in the wrong for telling my uncle his wife was cheating?

Why u apologising for her filthy actions ?
Hahahha classic blames everyone else for their bad behaviour.

2 Likes

You didn’t ruin her marriage she did! In my opinion you did the right thing. Nobody deserves to be cheated on especially those who give the world to their spouses. No need to feel guilty about telling your brother to let him know. It’s a courageous thing to do. Keep your head up knowing you saved him from further infidelity.

1 Like

You didn’t do nothing wrong she’s the one who cheated and ruin a marriage

Nah she’s in the wrong not you don’t let her decieve you

3 Likes

You did the right thing! Nobody should have expected you to keep their nasty secret, a secret, just so they felt better about it. You didn’t ruin her marriage. She did. She had the opportunity to confess every single day and she didn’t.

You did nothing wrong!!!

You did the right thing in my book

2 Likes

You :100: did the right thing not only is she in the wrong for cheating she is wrong for putting you in that position too. I’m sure if it was him cheating you would have done the same thing.

1 Like

She was in the wrong for cheating, and for telling you and expect you to lie for her so yes you did the right thing.

1 Like

Not your secret to hang onto and that was unfair of her to make you carry that weight

2 Likes

She ruined her OWN marriage when she decided to cheat .

PERIOD.

Don’t let her guilt trip you .

4 Likes

You’re not in the wrong. She ruined her own marriage and is just trying to make you feel guilty for telling.

She is wrong and he was already asking questions so you absolutely did the right thing. You can’t lie to someone who is asking or they will hate you when they find out you known. She should apologize to you for putting you in that situation

3 Likes

You shouldn’t have promised not to tell anyone. She shouldn’t have expected you to keep such a secret. But the person whose life has been ruined through no fault of his own is your uncle.

1 Like

SHE ruined her marriage when she decided to cheat not you telling. You did the right thing. :heart:

2 Likes

Oh man, 1st you did not wreck her marriage, she did that on her own when she started going elsewhere for attention instead of talking to husband about how she was feeling. You aren’t wrong at all.
If she’s been doing this for a long time then chances are she wouldn’t of told him.

2 Likes

Your response was appropriate. She’s just trying to pass blame.

1 Like

She’s trying to shift her guilt to you. DON’T ACCEPT THAT LOAD. It’s hers to carry. Shame, shame, shame, as the “Aunt” in this situation she should have kept her own thoughts to herself before she confided in you :roll_eyes: She was probably testing her confession out on you first :woman_facepalming:t4:

6 Likes

You didn’t ruin her marriage, she did. Remember that.

5 Likes

Nope, you did nothing wrong. Try not to let her make you the bad guy. Why would she think confiding in you about cheating on your uncle was okay in the first place? I wouldn’t even apologize to her. I wouldn’t even talk to her anymore. I would be there for your uncle though. I know she’s been in your life for a long time but now things have changed. Maybe she was just meant to be in a chapter of your life and nothing more. I’m sorry for you and your uncle. I’m sending my hugs.

3 Likes

“I promised her I wouldn’t say anything” is what you said in your post. You proceed further to say, “It ate at me for 6 days… I mean terribly ate at me. I decided to tell my brother who is best friends with my uncle. I told him I couldn’t handle it anymore as my uncle was calling me every day crying suspecting something. I told my brother to please break the news to him as I just couldn’t.” Then you further go on to ask, “Was I in the wrong for telling my uncle his wife was cheating?” By what I just read, you told your brother, not your Uncle…turn this story around and put your name in place of your Aunt…and she goes and tells her brother, now, how do you feel? We all have the answers to our questions right inside the question…some look to the Bible or a friend for answers and all ya have to do is turn the story around…to ME, none of this was YOUR business and you should have kept your mouth shut or excused yourself from any conversations about it.

4 Likes

She ruined her own marriage. Period.

2 Likes

Ummmm fuck her for putting you in that position in the first place. I do think you should have told her though. I hope it all works out for the best for you guys. That whole situation sucks. :heart:

This is the old adage of killing the messenger the bottom line you did the right thing if it was you or that was being cheated on would you want to know of course you would nobody wants to be made a fool of and being used as somebody as a backup for the life you’re really trying to leave no she was completely in the wrong cheaters never prosper and we should never let them pat yourself on the back and you did everything right

2 Likes

Devil you do devil you don’t. But Maybe I would have said to her, your having trouble, and then say, either you tell him, or I might have too.

2 Likes

She ruined her marriage when she cheated

3 Likes

Um no girl. She shouldn’t have cheated on her husband and tbh I would have told him the first chance I got. Idgaf.

2 Likes

I say mind your business you dont medal in people’s affairs

1 Like

Well it’s a two-fold situation and it boils down to loyalty and morality. First of all you proved you can’t be loyal when you make a promise but morality is most important. I would have put it right back in her lap and told her to tell him herself or I would. I have no loyalty, respect or sympathy for a cheater no matter who it is. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

YOU DID NOTHING WRONG IT WAS HER!!!the husband should be told so he can throw her unforgivable ass out to the garbage

First of all you didn’t ruin their marriage she did. And second she should not have ever put you in that situation. I hope your uncle can move on from this women. You and your brother just stay by him and help him through this.

4 Likes

I wouldnt of told only because of experience. You absolutely did not ruin their marriage. I would wonder though how old all the people in question are. It sounds like a very young mistake on all parties. FYI, how naïve would she have to be to tell a blood relative. :woman_facepalming:t2:

she made her choices & those have consequences… but,it wasn’t your secret to tell…

She crazy for ever thinking that Blood wasn’t thicker than Mud. Some people put their family first no matter the relationship. That was her first mistake she should’ve told her own niece not his.

It’s not your fault that the marriage is over

It’s hers becasue she was the one cheating

She wouldn’t have confirmed anything she would have kept it a secret

1 Like

You did the right thing. Now they can heal. You did not ruin the marriage,she did.

4 Likes

You didn’t ruin their marriage, she did that all on her own.

1 Like

Sometimes we need to keep our big mouths shut.

1 Like

It’s good that you told him. He deserves better. SHE was the one who ruined her marriage NOT you!!!

2 Likes

NTA she should have never put that on your shoulders in the first place

2 Likes

She’s trying to lessen the guilt by blaming you instead of herself. It’s not your fault she stepped out on her marriage or that she directly involved you by confiding in you. If she didn’t want her marriage to be over she wouldn’t have been upset her lover ended things.

2 Likes

You are not responsible for the end of their marriage, and she was wrong for putting you on that awful situation, I think that I would have given her the chance to confess before tell him to my brother , but hey , there are stuff that we can’t control and I can’t imagine how you felt seeing your uncle suffering.
So , not !!! You did the right thing

1 Like

Absolutely not in the wrong! Anyone being cheated on would want to know! He’s your family.

1 Like

I wouldn’t of personally promised I wouldn’t tell him. I would have told her to be honest with the man she married and see if she did the right thing. But in all honesty the damage has been done. You can not turn back time and change what either have you are done or the result of what has been done. You did what you needed to so you felt at peace and you should never have to apologise for that. I would explain to this lady that the marriage was wrecked by her actions of cheating in the first place and maybe she needs to work on herself more if she is seeking attention from other guys while being in a dedicated relationship. You need to let it go and just try and concentrate on having a good relationship with your uncle xx

You didn’t ruin her marriage. She did.

3 Likes

Nah, she put herself in that position by putting YOU in that position :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

WHY WOULD YOU APOLOGIZE TO HER??? FK HER. You don’t get to get away with playing with people like that. She ruined her own fkn marriage

4 Likes

She never should have put that on you …

3 Likes

You did right by your family

5 Likes

First off, you did not ruin their marriage, she did that on her own. 2nd, you have to say something for your insanity. 3rd, your uncle is your family and he is part of your business. You did the right thing. Congrats for having the guts to speak up. Don’t feel bad for her. She made her bed, let her lay on it.

5 Likes

It was the aunt who ruined her marriage. Don’t feel guilty.

2 Likes

SHE ruined their marriage! No reason for you to feel sorry/bad!

6 Likes

Were you the one cheating on your uncle? No. She did. And she knew there would be consequences. Don’t let her lay it all on you.

3 Likes

Shame on her for being a cheater. Why was she with your uncle if she wasn’t happy. All she had to do wasSpeak to your uncle…You did nothing wrong she should’ve never told you,

You didn’t ruin their marriage she did

1 Like

First of all, you did not ruin her marriage, she did. She is the one that has done wrong in this whole situation. Not you or your brother. If I knew someone I loved was being cheated on, I would tell them too. I have been cheated on and the pain is immense. He had every right to know about it. She should have been woman enough to come clean to him herself rather than put that burden on your shoulders. She may never forgive you and that is fine. You can at least know that you did the right thing and have made a huge positive impact in your uncle’s life. I cannot even express how miserable it is suspecting the person you love is cheating and never having the proof. You helped him immensely with this.

3 Likes

You definitely did the right thing, she would of kept cheating on him. She did say she needed more

1 Like

She put you in a bad spot, you did the right thing

2 Likes

You weren’t the one cheating, she was! She is only mad because she got caught.

1 Like

Don’t take a guilt trip for her , she’s the who did the damage 100 %

2 Likes

Mind your own business

3 Likes

She’s just mad she was caught red handed that’s horrible of her to even put that burden on her shoulders the only person in the wrong THE ONLY PERSON IS HER

4 Likes

Normally I say stay out of grown ups business but nope, you’re right. That’s your uncle and he doesn’t deserve it. And she shouldn’t have told HIS blood relative if she didn’t want him to know. You’re supposed to feel bad for her cuz her boyfriend doesn’t want her anymore!?! Gtfo she’s an ahole. If it was my uncle…

4 Likes

She stepped out and ur uncle deserves to know she ruined the marriage not you

2 Likes

You did not ask to be in that situation, she confided, and you did the right thing, served her right.

2 Likes

You did not ruin that Marriage SHE DID !!!

4 Likes

I think you should’ve told her how it was eating u alive & that if she didn’t tell him you (or someone else) would. So yea the only thing u did wrong in my opinion was not giving her that ultimatum

1 Like

She should not have put you in this situation period. She cheated and got caught .

4 Likes

You did the right thing I’m surprised it took you 6 days and she has the audacity to say you ruined their marriage ……no you saved those poor kids from living with a mom who disrespected their dad and broke him like that
You didn’t do anything wrong if anyone is to blame it’s her

2 Likes

He deserved the truth

1 Like

Technically…You didn’t tell your Uncle you told your Brother. You also needed to talk to someone close to you about it, just like she needed too. He deserved to know.

Um she ruined their marriage not you… the audacity

2 Likes

SHE did this to herself! You didn’t do anything to her or her marriage. I would have done the same thing. The only difference is that I wouldn’t have let it eat at me for 6 days. I would have hung up with her and immediately told my uncle. Wouldn’t have mattered who I was closest to or anything. There is zero excuse for cheating. If she was unhappy in her marriage, she should have left her marriage and then she would have been free to slut it up! Don’t feel guilty and if she throws it up to you again that YOU ruined her marriage, remind her that SHE is the one who chose to cheat on her husband.

She ruined her own marriage and put you in a horrible spot to not tell your uncle. That’s on her, there is never an excuse for cheating in my opinion and she made it your problem when she told you her secret :woman_shrugging: plus, she was literally tormenting your uncle and he does not deserve that. If you want to have an affair, don’t run your mouth to your niece.

2 Likes

You didn’t ruin their marriage. She did. I know you feel bad. But much better that your uncle knows. Rather than to be played with. YOU ARE NOT IN THE WRONG!

1 Like

I would have had to share that news too. I don’t believe you are in the wrong. Aunty wrecked her marriage with her actions, not you. She is trying to use you to shift the blame from herself.
Thank you for being honest.

2 Likes

You didn’t ruin their marriage, she did.
You did nothing wrong.

She ruined it not you and he even said he suspected something without you saying a word. Don’t let her guilt you that’s her way of projecting her wrongs and guilt on you. I don’t think I would be able to deal with my family member upset and broken over something their gut was telling them that I knew they weren’t wrong about either.

Nope.
Eff that b!#*%.
She ruined her marriage, you did not.
:two_hearts:

I think maybe you should have told her that you didn’t feel comfortable keeping her secret before you let the uncle know, but at the end of the day, she is the one that did wrong and put you in the middle of it.

3 Likes

Never protect the cheater.
She’s the problem not you.

1 Like

No you aren’t wrong. She was hurting someone you loved. Even though you loved her too, she came with him. She said if she’s know that it was bothering you, she would have told him so why is she upset with you? She dishonored her marriage vows and would still be breaking them if not for the guy calling it off.

3 Likes

She should never had involved you in it PERIOD , she put you in an AWFUL position , you did NOT do the wrong thing , she shoulda kept her mouth shut and other things !!!

3 Likes

my question is, Is he still with her? because if he is then what a waste of time spewing over something for nothing Lmao :joy:

1 Like

Consequences for HER actions. Don’t feel guilty.

1 Like

Blood is blood ! She ruined her marriage. You did the right thing by letting your blood uncle know he is being takin for a fool!

You didn’t do anything wrong & you didn’t ruin their marriage. Your aunt did

2 Likes

Your uncles opinion is the only one that matters as he was the one being hurt. He’s happy you did it, and honestly your aunt is tripping if she thinks she’d still be married if she confessed. Your uncle handled it how he wanted to, and your aunt just needed someone to blame other than herself. The truth is if she hadn’t cheated non of this would have happened. If she hadn’t put you in the middle he wouldn’t have found out through you. It’s literally all her fault. All of it. Every drop.

5 Likes

Right or wrong it’s out. It’s up to the uncle and aunt to work on it
Sometimes people tell so they will be caught. It’s easier to blame you than own the behavior. Don’t answer the guilt. Stay friendly as much as you can but not necessarily friends

You did the right thing. She is completely in the wrong for cheating.

She ruined her marriage all by herself… you are not to blame or feel guilty all. You have done the right thing :100: :clap:

7 Likes

No youre not wrong. The only thing I would have done differently- 1) not promise to keep her secret 2) told my uncle right away.
Your uncle deserved to know the truth. She is the one who ruined her marriage. Not you, not anyone else.

2 Likes

You didn’t ruin her marriage, she did…

2 Likes

She Ruined her marriage being a sly Bit*h & cheating in the first place … If u truly love someone u cheating wouldn’t even cross ur mind in the first place

2 Likes

It Wasnt your place to stay anything. That was said in confidence, not be spread around. Understand why you did it, but was really not yours buisness. Your uncle needed to know from your aunt, not you. When you make a promise to keep something secret you should do that at all costs. Your word is your bond, in the end its all you have.

8 Likes

You didn’t do anything wrong but I would have said to her “hey I don’t feel comfortable keeping this anymore I love my uncle and hate to hear him crying to me, you have until so and so to tell him or I will”

5 Likes

When your aunt told you, I would say, you tell my uncle or I will. Your aunt cheated … But I would stay out of it but offer your uncle support .

1 Like

You’re not in the wrong. She chose to cheat. She ruined her marriage not you.

1 Like

She’s the one with the problem don’t allow her to make you feel bad… She can leave obviously she needs something more!!!

1 Like

You did the right thing. She ruined her marriage.