Was I wrong for using this soap on my kids?

So tell me if I’m wrong. My kids are five and six years old. I’ve been washing them with the white bar of soap by Dial. They’ve had ZERO reactions to it. Their skin is fine. My husband freaked out on me asking why I didn’t tell him that the kids were out of children’s soap? Totally got mad at me. I didn’t say anything to him cause they’ve been doing just fine with this bar of soap. Am I in the wrong here ladies?

15 Likes

Heck, I’m happy if my kids use any type of soap when bathing :joy:

19 Likes

As a soapmaker they are old enough to use dial soap. And also “baby soap” isn’t as less harmful as he thinks normal soap is.

6 Likes

Although it’s perfectly fine your children are using it- dermatology nurse here- dial it the worst kind of soap for us! It is too harsh… or “too good” as it strips away our natural oils we need.
Pleaseeeee consider Dove :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As a responsible father he should have bought the children’ soap with out you making a request he should know it’s part of their necessities

5 Likes

Is he the one helping with baths???

1 Like

What’s “children’s soap”? Does he mean baby wash? Your kids are school age and that school smell is powerful when they come home lol! My kids have always used whatever soap/shower gel/ shampoo & conditioner we use once they switched from baths to showers - probably around age 3/4. My youngest often had reactions to different baby washes - it’s supposed to be more gentle, but that doesn’t mean there’s better ingredients. There’s options for gentle/sensitive products for adults if hubby is worried about skin sensitivities.

That bar actually has less chemicals than most “children’s soaps” or liquid soaps. Does your husband have OCD about certain things like soap? He is being ridiculous IMO.

My 8 year old uses mine?!? She uses tear free shampoo because she hasn’t mastered not getting it in her eyes yet

I always used pears soap with my kids or Johnsons baby soap. It didn’t hurt them.

They sound fine, dial is a mild soap , all is good

2 Likes

I prefer dial soap personally for smell and feel of it

The only thing you did wrong here, is not explain yourself when he asked. Simply tell him the kids are fine with the Dial soap.

And additionally be sure to put lotion on the kids after bath time, that soap can be very drying to the skin.

No, you use what works for their skin. If that soap is working out for them then keep using it. Furthermore you should be mad that it’s taken your husband 5/6 years to just now realize that they don’t use ‘kids’ soap. Doesn’t sound like he’s partaking in any of the actual parenting duties :woman_shrugging:

They are definitely old enough to use bar soap… if no reactions. Then nothing to worry about. He needs to calm his ass down. If he’s so worked up about it. Let him stay bathing the kids. Then he will know when the soap is running low.

Oh good grief your husband needs a dose of reality because back in the day they didn’t make “children’s” or “adults” soap it was just a bar of soap. Soap is soap.

3 Likes

If it makes your husband feel better about it; use baby soap! Soap is soap; why do either of you have to be right or wrong. Avoid the silly arguments and get both kinds!

1 Like

Mine are 5 and 7 and have been using what mom and dad use for a couple years now. They also shower by themselves now and love using loofas with the body washes.

Probably not about the soap men want to be good providers.if the kids have ran out of something I could see him wanting to make sure they have everything they need.4 out of my 5 kids would have done fine with the dial soap.probably better as they’d waste much less than the bottle.my youngest would have broke out in a rash from the idea of switching her soap.now that you know it’s fine just reassure him he gives the kids everything they need and their needs were obviously met.

As long as the child is clean and being bathed there should be no issue. Soap preference is to each their own. He’s being petty. If he had an issue with it then sure let him supply the soap but I can promise this concern wouldn’t go any further than your husband. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

I’m not a mother but a father to me as long as it’s not bothering the kids let them use what soap they want or use whatever is best for them or whatever you prefer for them so yea your not in no wrong in what you are using a bar of soap to wash them

They are getting older … they don’t need to use baby soap anymore … just be careful it doesn’t get into their eyes.

No, you’re not wrong. Good grief if you think about it what did your parents use on you? How about what his parents used on him and he lived. The only thing I can think about happening is getting soap in their eyes.

My kids don’t use kids stuff. 9yr old constantly uses 16yr old lynx. Long as no reaction no issue

Once they reach a certain age soap is soap🤣

Tell him to take over bath time if he has a problem how you’re doing it

2 Likes

As l9ng as there is no reaction then its fine. My 3 year old uses his dad’s body wash all the time

I had an ex husband like this , keep the soap leave the husband lol

8 Likes

So, your husband doesn’t do bath time enough to know what is being used, but once he finds out he has a problem? Awwww🙄

1 Like

Are you serious what the hell about way back when all these different soaps weren’t here children adults alike survived

It’s not okay? Goodness I must’ve been a terrible mom but my son is almost 25 with lovely skin.

So glad my husband isn’t this dumb. Your kids are fine, will be fine. Soap or no soap. Tell him to chill tf out.

17 Likes

My 7 year old uses his dad’s shampoo and body wash every day :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

They make kids soap! It has shampoo and body wash mixed into it.

My grandmother swears by the Bar white dial soap

Sounds like dad is signing up to take over bathing kids if he’s gunna act like that :eyes:

Soap is soap. Make sure there no reaction!

My daughter is 4 and I’ve been using dove bar soap for the last year or so.

Tell your husband to chill out, it ain’t no big deal!

3 Likes

Don’t see anything wrong with what you’re doing. If anyone overreacted was their father.

Nothing wrkng with normal soap

NTA. He’s just looking for a reason to complain

I use my shower gel on my kid all the time cuz she dumps hers out to make bath potions religiously.

As long as their isn’t a reaction who cares. He’s just being freaking petty.

12 Likes

Just me…just don’t use deordant soap!

he is out of his mind lmao

Bath and body works would be worse and I’ve let my 4 y/o use mine just here and there. She dumps out soap so yeah she uses a lot of mine. Like another commenter said, he should have bought it anyways if he knew it was something they needed.

Honestly the kids soap is made more cheap and the only difference is it’s tear free. Kids soap is over rated

1 Like

If baby soap is a requirement for children you need to get some. No not for your children for that overgrown child that is behaving like a 3 year old, your husband.

Your husband sounds like he needs to grow up. Ridiculous and petty. Who the hell cares what type of soap is being used as long as your children are clean.

Your husband is a freaking idiot