Was it wrong of me to hide my pregnancy?

I am like a week away from having my third baby. I haven’t told any family or anybody else that I am gonna have one. My husband and kids know but that’s it. I have a good reason for it. Ever since my second child I had in 2011 I have gotten pregnant 5 times but they all resulted in miscarriage so I feel like by telling people I was jinxing them. So this time I vowed not to tell anybody until I actually have him. Do you think that was wrong of me? I mean the last miscarriage I told them I was pregnant and no one believed me cuz of the other times I had been pregnant and lost them. They hurt my feelings by calling me a liar and my husband never really says anything to anyone in my defense so I told him I’m just not telling anyone until the day I have him. Does anyone have an opinion on if it was right or wrong to hide it?

83 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/was-it-wrong-of-me-to-hife-my-pregnancy/22376

Girl it’s YOUR body and YOUR baby. You do whatever you feel is right for you, and don’t worry about the opinion of others. Others don’t have to like or agree with the choices you make, and you don’t owe anyone an explanation.

45 Likes

You do you…it’s your choice and if your husband agrees to it then it’s nobody else’s business. I am assuming that you are not that close because surely they would have noticed if you were together on a regular basis. Being pregnant and saying that you’re not telling anyone is easier said than done.

8 Likes

Being the situation you’ve been in the past I don’t blame you. That’s not only traumatic but for family and friends to call you a liar is also very unfair and unsupportive. So I definitely would have left anyone out whom made me feel.less than at any point when I needed to be lifted higher! Congratulations and enjoy your new baby!!

6 Likes

For your reasonings, no. You’re not wrong at all. As long as your husband and kids know? That’s what important. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

My second pregnancy unfortunately ended in a miscarriage, but had it not I had no intentions of telling anyone. And my only reasoning was “for funsies” :rofl:

5 Likes

I did the same for my third some people are not happy for your pregnancy and bad vibes are real your not wrong tell them when he’s home upload to social media :joy: I did

3 Likes

You do whatever is right for you. I’m sending Positive vibes, you should be filled with love,hope, and happiness, don’t let ppl make you feel any other way. Stay positive so you have a positive birthing experience. Best of luck momma!!! :heart_hands::pray:

2 Likes

No you’re not wrong. It’s your choice. As long as your husband and children knew that’s all that matters in the end honestly. Don’t let anybody make you feel bad about not saying anything

2 Likes

The people they really matter and need to know… Do know. Your husband(the father) and the siblings. So no. You weren’t wrong.

1 Like

Well it’s certainly your right. I’m sure people will be upset but you did this for your well being and mental health. That’s what you should do. I’m glad your husband has honored your wishes as well.

One thing I have learned as I got older, screw your family IF they ain’t paying your bills, live your life your way, because they damn sure are and don’t base their decisions on your opinion. You were absolutely right keeping it from them if that’s what you and your husband decided…that’s who matters most. Congratulations and best of luck…

It was the right decision to you and that’s all that matters! I personally would of done the same

2 Likes

It’s never wrong to protect your heart

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like the kind of family I’d wanna say a dam thing to. They can go to hell after calling me a liar. I’m not even sure I’d let them see my baby. Not the kind of people I’d want my kid exposed to.

Do what you feel is safe. In our culture, we purposely don’t tell anyone were pregnant. We are even forbidden to buy anything for thr baby until after he or she comes. Its normal

You’re not in the wrong. You don’t have to announce your pregnancy.Some people don’t announce their pregnancies until the baby is born just to have some privacy and be able to enjoy it and some do it for the same reason you did.
Also if your family called you a liar the last time you were pregnant then they don’t really deserve to be envolved and if your a week away from giving birth and no one else in your family didn’t know except your kids and husband then the family must not be to close anyway or your don’t have much of a bump.
I’m pregnant with my 4th and i rarely post about my pregnancies and family does know but it doesn’t really matter because my
and my
husband families rarely
see or ask about our kids anyway.

Hunny it’s your body ur child ur not obligated to tell any one u don’t feel comfortable telling as long as the ppl u care about to know who gives a fuk :100: who else doesn’t believe you

I’ve don’t the same thing as well, just not for as long. You protect yourself and your family as you see fit.

I don’t really feel like anyone can honestly answer this. You had to do what was right for you and your family. Regardless of what others may say, if you’re behind your decision, then that’s all that matters

Girlll your body your baby your family your choice!! And even so, I probably would’ve done the same

I didn’t tell alot of family and then the few ppl I did tell I didn’t tell them my due date I announced in a group chat after she was born

You doing what you need to for your kids and family. But don’t be upset if so of the family don’t understand your reason don’t let it get to you.

If it was fully up to me I would’ve done the same. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Your Baby your choice. Bless you & your Family.

How coild you possibly hide it a week before i was due i looked obese and ready to burst couldnt of hid it unless id of stayed in the house and not seen anyone x

That’s a perfectly reasonable thing that people do when they have been through the heartache of miscarriage so many times they have been called a liar. Those people are toxic

It’s your baby, nobody’s business but yours :woman_shrugging:t4:

You did what was best for you during the pregnancy :woman_shrugging:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heartpulse:

I don’t think anyone would blame you for your reason for keeping it to yourself

It’s a bit late to ask this now, isn’t it? You’re due in a week.

It’s your child and your body, the people who need to know know, anyone else is extra and completely up to you as to when you decide to tell them.

5 Likes

No, as long as you and your husband are okay with it… cause it’s really nobody’s business anyway blessings to you and yours💙

Your baby, your business. No need to tell anyone.

I don’t think so I think it’s awesome.
You do what’s right for you and your family.
Also CONGRATS

Do what’s best for you and your family! This kept you in a better mental state. If everyone else gets mad they can jump off a bridge

Your body your choice! And congratulations!

Fuck’em :woman_shrugging: it’s not their business

It’s your decision. What they think isn’t important

It’s your business, you don’t owe anybody a explanation.

Your business no one elses.

Who says people have to tell people they are pregnant?

It is YOUR pregnancy. Not a soul is entitled to know anything about it

I didn’t tell anyone about my 4th until I posted birth announcements.

You don’t owe anybody an explanation or have to include them in the news!

Your body your baby your choice

You do what makes you comfortable and to hell with everybody else. Your opinion is the only one that matters.

Your body, your baby, your decision. They don’t like it, who cares.

Oh man. If you are on speaking terms with your family, I definitely think you should’ve told them. Ultimately your decision but family is supposed to be your support. And if you talk to your parents, definitely definitely feel like you should’ve told them…. maybe not at first, but you are far enough along now.

It’s your body, your baby. You make the decisions nobody else.

Sending you good vibes for a healthy baby.

Absolutely not you have to do what’s good for you.

2 Likes

Honestly I wouldn’t tell anyone you don’t want too. It’s your business not there’s, especially with the history.

Your body your baby your family. Do what makes you feel good. They’ll see your bundle of joy soon enough. Plus I couldn’t imagine a family member just popping up with a new baby. How exciting!!

You do whatever you want! I wish I could’ve hid mine! I’ve lost 5 babies as well and my mom always told me to hide it for ATLEAST 5-6 months before announcing it cause I guess it’s like a jinx to yourself. I had also been called a liar with my first 3 pregnancies. All over Facebook. Which I still to this day either have their ultrasound or the confirmation paper. It is not wrong of you to hide your pregnancy. If you don’t wanna tell, you DONT HAVE TOO :heart:

I don’t blame you one little bit. It was not your fault whatsoever that you had miscarriages you poor thing. Whatever your choice that’s what I say only you know…

That’s totally your decision. If you feel like you need to do that, then don’t hesitate to do that. And congratulations on making it that far. I hope everything goes well for you from here on out!

Nope I completely understand why you didn’t. I would have done the same thing. Plus it’s all about what and who you wanna tell

Your choice. Prayers to you and the baby.

I don’t blame you. :woman_shrugging::sparkling_heart:

I think u need to do what makes you happy. We didn’t announce ours till she was here. Only a handful of close friends and family knew and our jobs