What advice would you give to a new mother?

Organic is important right now

1 Like

I’ve heard to avoid cold cuts and certain soft cheese due to risk of listeria.

1 Like

No tuna or high mercury fish

Talk to your doctor, not Facebook :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

No sandwich meat due to listeria

1 Like

For sure try the ovia app it’s very helpful

1 Like

No cleaning litter boxes…

4 Likes

Just sleep now as much as u can. Cause you will never sleep again :sleeping: congratulations also best thing in the world :earth_americas:

5 Likes

Altoids do wonders for morning sickness!

New mom here too love. Mine is 7 months old. The one thing no one told me till I finally gave in and asked my ob is sushi rolls are ok to eat. As long as they are vegetable or cooked meats.
Stay hydrated. I drank body armor alot because it helped get me back after being sick soo much.

Just a fyi a pregnancy pillow is a great thing to have

1 Like

Buy the book “What to expect when you’re expecting”.
It has EVERYTHING in it.

3 Likes

stay out of hot water!

1 Like

no shellfish or.peanuts for.potential allergies x

Don’t clean any kitty litter boxes…
Your body will ask for the food it needs, at least mine did.

1 Like

Best thing is to listen to your body and instincts!!! If you have a craving for blueberries, eat them. If you feel like that doctor isn’t listening to you, find another one. Make sure you get enough rest, save a little money from each paycheck to get used to future out of pocket baby expenses and to have some fund on hand when you’ll be out of work.
Congratulations and keep your head up; you’ll do great!!!

Sleep until you can , SLEEPLESS NIGHTS ARE COMINGGG… LOL

Eat Salmon, but be careful of what kind. Research the difference in mercury levels in any seafood you think sounds appetizing at all.
If you eat deli meat, make sure you heat it up like it was raw.
No raw bean sprouts (sucks because I love them)
No soft cheese, not too much coffee, the list goes on.
I ha e the baby center app and there’s a section in there with a full list of things that may or may not be safe!

The amount of things you get told not to have is ridiculous! I had anything my body was craving and my daughter is healthy as can be don’t be in fear your whole pregnancy with foods! I do suggest staying away from most seafoods though and coffee I ate most things that are on the list of “don’t have” and like I said my daughter is fine.

Use the NHS pregnancy pages, as everyone has a view on what you should and shouldn’t do from their pregnancies and it may be years ago and out of date. So getting correct up to date information is the best thing to do.

Eat lots of veggies and tuna for your little one’s brain development… drink lots of milk ( milk for pregnant women) and water… don’t forget your vitamins your ob-gyne gave you… and most of all, PRAY… for your safe delivery and a long journey of being a first time MOM…:blush::heart:

Look at the brewer diet!!!
Also look into hiring a Doula!