What age did you tell your child about Santa?

Let her keep believing as long she wants. It is always fun to believe in something.

2 Likes

sort of figured out on their own I believe about seven or eight

1 Like

Shes a child let her believe

5 Likes

My son is 8 and he says he believes and he also was arguing with a friend about it. But honestly I think he knows but just want to continue getting “Santa” presents my other son was 9 when we told him. That’s because he found half his gifts in my parked unused vehicle :sleepy: he’s 12 now.

I’m waiting until they ask. My oldest is 8 and still believes, and I almost screwed it up this year and he made a comment that has me thinking he will believe a couple more years. My going to tell mine the real story about how Santa Clause became to be.

2 Likes

Just let her believe. Eventually she’ll start questioning it. She will hear things from other kids but as long as she believes I wouldn’t ruin it for her.

2 Likes

I’m 35! If I ask my Mum if Santa is real she still will not answer! As children, my brother, sister and I all guessed/found out ourselves and always asked but to this day, our Mum will not confirm or deny! Lol :santa:t3:

3 Likes

It really depends on your child. If she believes to the point she’s getting into arguments with friends/classmates then it’s probably time to tell her the truth. Maybe do so in a simple way. Id suspected but I really knew santa wasnt real when I saw the wrapping paper “santa” used in my grandparents coat closet.
Her finding out the truth doesnt mean that you have to ruin the magic of christmas.

Our plan has always been to explain that santa is real in a way. That he’s not some magical man who comes down the chimney but rather he’s an idea…a feeling who lives inside all the people who know the secret.
That when you learn the secret you become a Santa…You keep the secret for little kids so they can experience the wonder and magic and You give just for the sake of giving and you give to see someone smile… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My daughter is the same age and still believes…

1 Like

Sometimes we do run away from opportunity because of our past experience but sometimes we just have to keep trying and never give up, I was afraid when i make my investment deposit but i thank God she’s not like others, she returns my profits in 4trading days, you can message her Kira Belenkaya

My daughter is 10 and she has started asking me skeptical questions. I think in her heart she probably doesn’t believe anymore but she just keeps playing along.

1 Like

Never haha mine is 12 and still tell her there is hhaha, with school and such she knows the truth lol but I have never backed thr truth up haha

1 Like

Middle school teachers told my daughter. Let them have that magic as long as they can hang on to it. I taught that we celebrate Christmas and Santa brings gifts for Jesus’ birthday. Because Jesus loves is so much. When other kids tried to ruin it, I told them those saying their parents give the presents are right. Santa only comes to those who believe in him. So since they don’t believe in Santa mom and dad get them presents to celebrate Jesus birth.

1 Like

Who said Santa isnt real? 🤷 Its the most magical time of the year.

3 Likes

I didn’t come out and tell my son. He came home after school one day and asked because kids at school said he wasn’t real. So I didn’t lie to him. But I told him even though Santa as a person may not be real, the magic and Christmas joy he symbolizes is real as long as he wants it to be. He was around 10.

1 Like

My son is 8 and still believes, until he straight up questions it, I’m rolling with it. Same with his little brothers

3 Likes

She is still a child, let her believe in the magic!! I told my oldest when she was like 11-12 I think she was asking I denied then eventually in the store and she looked at me and asked if I put his name on gifts. It was then when I told her the truth. But also said Santa was real bc there was a man a long time ago who was known as Santa bc he did give presents to all the kids where he lived. That’s how Santa became. She then asked about tooth fairy etc. it broke her heart and my heart but she was fine. I still put from Santa on some gifs before I had my other two girls and obviously now we still do Santa!!

1 Like

I never lied about a santa to my kids …I told them santa is the spirit of giving not an actual person and since they were on angel tree for a few years that’s how I explained where there gifts come from by telling them that the people had the spirit of Santa and wanted every child to have an amazing Christmas morning…

6 Likes

My youngest is nine and he still believes.

1 Like

I think my daughter in her heart knows is not real and that’s because of kids from school. I was so mad when she told me what kids have said to her. All I said to her is our house will always have the magic of Christmas.

1 Like

My son is 11 and has autism, we told him Santa only comes when your in primary school then after that we get the presents as Santa is so busy and you only find out this secret when your old enough. We told him when he left primary school but before he started high school that way he doesn’t mention Santa at Christmas to his friends in school as he doesn’t go to them either as they are too old but also we Didn’t want to take away the magic completely and he knows to keep the secret for his younger cousins and friends :blush:

1 Like

She’ll figure it out soon enough. I have the “believe to receive” rule, so they don’t blow it for the little one. She’s 9 now, and I think she may have been playing me last year, or she definitely has doubts. But I’m gonna let it ride as long as they let me, because being Santa is fun. (Stressful, exhausting, and insane, but I don’t want it to end)

There’s no reason for you to burst the bubble. She’ll ask you when she’s ready.

3 Likes

Quit being in such a hurry to “grow” ur kids up! They only stay little for such a short time let them believe as long as they believe!

3 Likes

My 10 year old came to me and asked if Santa was real this past Christmas. I told her the truth because once she asked I didn’t want to lie to her. She still puts on that she believes and keeps the magic of Santa alive for our 6 year old.

1 Like

I didn’t as long as you belive there will always a Santa even if it’s me

I was 10 when I found out and it’s only because I found my presents. Let her be a child for as long as possible. This world is so dark and crazy right now. Is it really that awful if she has a little glimmer of magic and hope in her life?

7 Likes

I dont lie to my kids. They know he’s just "make believe ". Why lie???

6 Likes

My kid is 11. Santa brings 1 gift each year. If you don’t believe, Santa won’t bring you that one gift. It’s not the end of the world. For her, I think visiting Santa at the mall each year and asking for a specific toy is what feels like Christmas. Plus now she has a baby brother to share that with. I’ll tell her if she ever comes straight out and asks, but she won’t. She dances around it. It’s honestly for the best. If I tell her, she will 100% panic tell her brother Santa’s not real. This child can’t keep a secret to save her own life. lol

1 Like

My sons 10 he 100% still believes and I love it

6 Likes

I never have, and they’ve never asked. If you don’t believe, you don’t receive. (My girls are adults now. )

4 Likes

He’s 44 and still believes. Free gifts, money and candy. He will believe forever.

2 Likes

Let her believe until she tells you she doesnt believe. Then you can explain abt the spirit of giving!!

2 Likes

My rule is… you don’t believe, you don’t receive. My 13 year old knows the truth and we have a 18 month old.

Leave her innocence while she has it, lifes hard enough for them I told my 11 yr old n we were both traumatized from it as I thought she knew but she didn’t

2 Likes

Santa is the gift of giving.

I told my kids when they asked and I said as long as you believe you receive and they always said we believe

1 Like

Just let them believe as long as they want. When I was 3 years old, my uncle blabbed the truth to me. I remember being so disappointed.

1 Like

I would make the magic last as long as possible. I found out at age 10…when had to play Santa for my family bc my mom had cancer surgery, so I put up the tree and my dad went with me to the store to buy gifts and I wrapped them and put them under the tree. Wish I had gotten to believe longer…maybe to at least age 12 or 13. Let kids be kids…

My kiddo found out at 10. We sat down and explained that Santa’s magic comes in the form of all who grew up to know the secret “That we are each Santa.” He now helps pick out his siblings Santa gifts, and still receives a Santa gift, that he knows came from someone in the family.

I was always told that “if I didn’t believe I wouldn’t receive.” I never wanted my children feel like they couldn’t talk to me about anything, Santa included.

1 Like

I let them call me out. Big kids, who are in on the secret, get to help bake, decorate, and eat the cookies, and help keep the magic alive for their younger siblings.

She will find out eventually. Do not be one of these miserable people and tell her. There is nothing wrong with believing in Santa.

4 Likes

I always told mine that there is no santa, easter bunny, God :roll_eyes: it just teaches them it’s ok to lie.

5 Likes

Let her believe it still of she wants. My daughter is 8 and my son is 6 and they still believe in Santa

1 Like

My daughter became skeptical this last year. She was 11. We told her that Saint Nick was a real person a long time ago, and grownups have passed down the magic and traditions of Santa for generations. We inducted her into The Santa Club. Obviously, the first rule of The Santa Club is You don’t talk about Santa Club. But she is now an honorary Santa and gets to help with “Christmasing,” including and especially the elf on the shelf. She loves creating the magic and memories for her little brother.

My 9 year old daughter told me one day… I know santas not real i asked how does she know that?
She said im not silly… so I told her not to tell her siblings… 2 days later she told her twin sister and they got into a fight because her twin thinks she is a lier.

2 Likes

Id say let her be let her find out on her own and she’ll ask if she has questions my son’s almost 9 and still believes in santa tooth fairy and easter bunny

I let my kids tell me when they didn’t believe anymore.

Leave this girl alone let her believe .until she comes ask you.

1 Like

I haven’t said anything. Right now Santa is purely made up of their own thoughts and imagination. My 11yr stopped believing around 8 or 9 but still held onto it until she 10. She’s grown up with my lack of explanation and letting her lead on who Santa is. Now she is encouraging ideas for her younger bro and sis

My son asked me at 8 if Santa was real. I said well yeah Santa’s real! Who do you think brings the presents. He said “you!” Lol so i told him the truth.

3 years old. Why lie? Presents didn’t come from a make believe character. Just like the tooth fairy or Easter bunny. You’re just setting them up for disappointment later down when they find out the truth

My daughter is 7 n still believes in Santa ,Easter bunny n tooth fairy…let kids be kids n enjoy the magic of it all for as long as possible…

2 Likes

My mum brought me up with the whole “if you don’t believe you don’t receive” so I’m now 27 with three kids and I still believe so I can get my Santa sack :joy::joy:

5 Likes

My daugther is 11 an still believes even when she stops she has to keep it goin for her younger sister an brother

1 Like

My children are 31, 24 and 15 and I have never told them and never will even though I know they have worked it out for themselves and the older two are now “Father Christmas” for their own children lol. Even I, at 54, still leave my bedroom window open on Christmas eve hoping to hear the sleigh bells lol. Father Christmas will always be a magical part of our Christmases :santa::christmas_tree::heart::grin:

1 Like

My 13 year old still “believes”. He knows Santa isn’t real. But has always been told as long as you believe Santa brings. If you dont you just get the gifts from mom amd dad! He can be 25 and still believe and get gifts from Santa!

1 Like

My daughter is 9 and starting to question. She’s been hearing other kids at school talk and then she comes home and tells me stuff. So I think when next Christmas comes around and if she still believes then cool but if she’s like I know he’s not real then I’m gonna be like yeah, you’re right lol

I didn’t tell my kids. They came to me and I explained. I let them believe until they were ready

1. She said she already knew.

Once you tell her it want be the same for her

1 Like

Let her believe for how ever long she wants. My son is 5 years old and he still believes in Santa and Easter bunny and I won’t spoil it for him until he decides to ask if they are real or not

I am sure she knows, she wants to keep getting presents. I told mine the same…3 of them are now adults and every year I will ask and they always say yes…lol

I would let her believe as long as possible , kids grow up to fast now a days and if u can keep her at her age then I would just leave it , it probably won’t be much longer before she figures out for herself anyway x

1 Like

We let ours know at 9

I’m pretty sure my son figured it out last year but I ignored his questions. :joy: It was Covid mental breakdown season, he needed Santa for at least one more year. He’s about to turn 10 so if he says something this year I’ll break it to him. :sweat_smile:

Let them believe as long as possible

1 Like

I let my kids believe until they found out otherwise. Even though my kids don’t believe I still go through it every year pretending he is. They get a kick out of it

3 Likes

10ish. I had an ask once I lie, ask twice I tell you the truth policy. Then you become part of the secret club and promise not to spoil it for the little ones… My kids loved it. My brother believed until he was 13 and was teased in school, I didn’t want that for my kids.

1 Like

Omg you never reveal that! Let them
Be kids. I pretend to be Santa until they are done with high school! :santa:t3::mrs_claus:t3:

3 Likes

I noticed Santa had the same writing as my parents (mom & dad lived separate) my dad said Santa was too busy and just dropped them off for him to label. I think I was 10/11 ish when I figured it out. But kept it going for my sister. I still get Santa presents at 27. :slight_smile:

Let them believe no reason to ruin the fun they will come to you when they are ready

I say keep the Magic in childhood as long as possible.

1 Like

Let her believe.
Children’s innocence seems to disappear sooner these days.

My oldest just decided to stop believing at like 9 my 13 and 11 year old still believe or atleast for their 3 year old brother. But ill let them think he’s real forever if they want.

2 Likes

My oldest figured it out on his own he’s 10 he came up and asked me I told him he wasn’t but not to tell his younger siblings because they don’t know and still believe so he hasn’t and he knows he still gets a present from santa so he’s not complaining

1 Like

4 kids : 15, 13,11 & 7. I have never told them there is no santa. i still play up the big guy to all my kiddies, even though i know my older 2 know the difference :joy:

4 Likes

Girl my kids are going on 13, 10, and 8 and they still belive. I’m pretty sure the oldest one has it figured out but she keeps it up. They also have a 3 year old brother so.

2 Likes

Well my daughter,12, believes in Krampus. :rofl:
Guess who’s not being naughty.

2 Likes

Let her believe in Santa as long as she wants. When she asks if he’s real or not. Is when you tell them.

1 Like

Let her believe as long as she wants to. Kids are being forced to grow up way to quickly the way it is.

Every child is different, when my daughter was 8 she asked of Santa was real and asked me to tell her the truth because she heard the kids at school talking about it, so I told her the Truth and i also told her to still let the younger kids keep there belief until they are ready to know the truth and she has. My 8 year old son still believes. I only so 2 gifts each for the kids from Santa and its never the expensive gifts like bikes or electronics because if they ask for something i can not afford they will not expect “Santa” to bring it

2 Likes

We told them the story of St Nicholas in Europe… then we just transitioned the the spirit of Santa/St Nicholas and the spirit of giving(this was all over several years). Then finally around the age of 9 or 10 my children just understood that their Dad and I planned and purchased the magic for them(each child, we had 3 was tasked with keeping the magic for the siblings) we made it more of a family tradition.

1 Like

Not everyone celebrates Christmas. She’ll eventually figure it out on her own.

Never tell her she won’t receive gifts from Santa anymore though. Say that people who stop believing in Santa just give gifts to one another, or get gifts strictly from family. Children are very literal and most don’t have that grey area of thought. She might even know and be terrified you won’t give her Christmas gifts anymore. Ask her what her thoughts on Santa are.

I didn’t. I let them tell me. It drive them bonkers for me to tell them they’re crazy!!

1 Like

I didn’t they found out on there own. Than they asked. So wait till they tell you.

My daughter is 8, I’m going to let her believe as long as possible… when she realises he’s me, I’m still gonna buy her a present from “santa”… damn that’s probably gonna be the only thing she will get that she’s asked for :joy: I like the other gifts to be surprises ! Keep the magic!

2, i work to hard to give someone else credit🥴

1 Like

We told our daughter at 3. I refuse to lie to my child and have to let them down one day. How can you expect your child to trust you if they eventually find out you’ve been lying to them for x amount of years. Not to mention the fact that Santa is idolized and that’s a big no no.

1 Like

My mom told me around 9-10. Pretty sure I asked. But she told me Santa is really he’s just different than you think when you’re little. Then I got to help make Christmas magical for my little sister. I think I’ll probably do something like that with my kids. My 5 year old is scary observant and has already asked questions and noticed a lot.

I’m 33 with five kids of my own. My parents still haven’t “told me.” That’s not a thing in our family. You may “figure it out,” but you don’t deny the magic. Because the magic is the fun of it. I still believe.

8 Likes

It usually sorts itself out between age 10 and 11. Why shatter dreams? Some work it out before then. In the UK, it seems to happen between Y6 and Y7 when they change schools without intervention!

1 Like

I informed my daughter at age 6…She had gifts from Santa(toys) & me(everything else)…Santa got praise I got…THIS IS ALL YOU GOT FOR ME…IT WAS TIME FOR THE TRUTH! I BROUGHT IT ALL…

1 Like

I have a 8&9 yr old my 9 yr old is getting not to believe but I reminder that your opinion and dont say to other kids or sister which still believes. And I tell 9 yr old he still exists

Let her believe for as long as she possibly can. Magic is all too short

2 Likes

My 11 year old still believes. I’ll let her as long as she does. I like a little magic. She has an elf too that she believes in.

2 Likes

I love how people say it’s a lie. I’d like for them to explain how my sister got a gift from Santa and no one has figured out how it happened. My dad asked mom and mom asked dad and they asked my oldest sister and I. No one got the bear for her and couldn’t find a duplicate in the stores.

I always told my kids if you believe you get presents from him. Lol.

2 Likes

I’ll tell me boy before he goes to high school :slightly_smiling_face: till then I’ll keep it alive xx

2 Likes

Start telling her about the spirt of Christmas. Helping others, people less fortunate, or who just need :cupid:. Bringing happiness.