What age should you stop checking your childs phones?

When they start paying their phone bill. :iphone: :moneybag: I don’t check them any​:smile:

1 Like

My husband just checked his son’s for the first time in awhile and found he has been having sex and smoking weed and he is only 13 and the girl who is giving him the weed and BJ’s is 17. So now we are checking phones more often.

If you have to check it they aren’t old enough for a phone.

In my opinion if your child gets upset for checking there phone they must be hiding something. I thought i had an open relationship with my girls we talked all the time. But kids due fall under pressure no matter how good you think you are as a parent or how good you think your child is. When my daughter was 16 she was a straight A student, active with sports and band. Never dreamed this could happen to us but it did. I started noticing a difference in my daughter’s behavior and attitude. I as her mom asked her many times what was going on she insisted she was ok. I as her mom did not believe her and started checking her phone and emails only to find out she had been in contact with much older men and having her send pics and so on. So I don’t care how great of a parent you think you are or your open communication you have with your children they do have secrets that they don’t tell you or talk to you about. This is what’s wrong with are children today people just assume there ok because it’s less work for them as a parent. But again this is just my opinion.

7 Likes

I set parental controls on my 12 year olds phone. No I don’t check his phone but then again him and I have always had open communication. I have to approve his downloads or any money spent but I don’t go check his browser history. I know I don’t have to it would be all cheat codes and Minecraft videos lol

Our daughter is 13, and I randomly check. She knows I do. She also know about internet grooming etc. She also knows her boundaries and that if she ever pushes them the devices will be mine and locked up until she is 18 and paying the bill herself. So far we’ve been good.

1 Like

Never check your kids phones. If there’s nothing unusual about how they are or how they’ve been behaving leave them alone. You’re invading their privacy. If you’re teaching your kids right from wrong and to be responsible and respectful of others then there’s zero reason to be treating them like you’re always anticipating them to do wrong.

5 Likes

I have never checked their phones. Never felt the need. I don’t even know the lock codes.

1 Like

Never unless there is a good reason… then from then on

Everyone saying “invasion of privacy” have obviously never heard of predators. You think it can’t or won’t happen to your child, but it most definitely can, especially with the level of technology we have today. Snapchat and other apps automatically delete everything seen and sent. You’d never know something was going on unless you stayed on top of it.

Many predators disguise themselves as kids. They can meet these people through video games, TikTok, Instagram, etc. Kids and teens think they’re invincible. They aren’t. Kids go missing, are klled, sold off into trafficking, forced to do drgs and even make really bad decisions on their own behind their parents’ backs. What if you could prevent something like that from happening?

At some point, they’re gonna grow up and learn about the ugliness of this world all on their own. The least we could do is watch out for them until that day comes. We are here to protect them. Whatever happened to #SaveOurChildren?

11 Likes

When they are adults that are paying for their own phone

3 Likes

When they are out on their own

1 Like

If I’m paying for it, I’m looking through it

10 Likes

I don’t give children access to a device I need to protect them from.

2 Likes

When they are 18 and pay for their own service :rofl:

2 Likes

Depends…is your child worthy of being trusted???

1 Like

When they pay their bill ?

1 Like

I feel like this depends on the child. Some kids are able to call out when something isn’t right and immediately seek help, others aren’t. Some kids are extremely honest and open with their parents, some kids aren’t. Not all kids need the same level of supervision, some literally just need the bare minimum of an adult to run to for necessities and emergencies, others need to be helicoptered. So it truly depends on the child.

2 Likes

It’s not an invasion of privacy there are perverts and child trafficking individuals posing online to bait innocent children!!! Look at everything and once you think you’ve seen it all, look some more! My child was baited by some sick fk that took her out of state, someone spotted her in Kansas and called the law!!
Be nosey until they are grown!!!

9 Likes

Once my daughter showed me she is responsible enough to make SMART decisions I will happy pay for her own private service when she is 13 or older. I remember being a child and I remember feeli g how unfair it was to not be heard to not have privacy. But they need it.

When they are paying their own bill. I’ve found too much, especially on my sons phone, that needed addressed immediately.

3 Likes

Idk my son is 13 and has no phone. Lol :joy: he won’t until he reaches highschool

When they move out. Lol

I wouldn’t snoop unless they have shown that they couldn’t be trusted or something (red flag) happened like kids talking to someone older who is unknown to them but, I would have a conversation with them and let them know about safety and also let them know that I’m checking their phone with try them present as well.

2 Likes

What are u hoping to find

1. I won’t check it when they pay for it.

My son is 14 and I rarely search his phone. I trust him. And I also got restrictions on the browser on his phone. He barely leaves the house also and when he does he knows that there’s a life360 tracker on his phone too.

2 Likes

I plan to talk to my child and trust her until she gives me a reason not to. My mother did the same, people acted like it was crazy back then (I was in middle school when myspace and such all started so I grew up with the internet and with out) but knowing I had her trust stopped me from doing a lot honestly. I didn’t go out and party, getting stupid drunk, (I did go to some parties but she knew and if I wanted to try drinking I was allowed as long as I called my older brother to come get me, so it honestly wasn’t tempting), I didn’t sneak around with boys, I didn’t do a lot of shit my friends with the strict/paranoid parents did. The most rebellious friends I had were the ones who had their phone gone through every night or overly religious parents lol they told me if they already didn’t trust them then why’d it matter what they do?

1 Like

Y’all are some invading parents and your children will resent you for it :relaxed: how about teach them something and let them know how hateful the world is rather than invade in what a lot of kids use as an outlet bc they have parents like y’all

5 Likes

When I stop having to pay the bill

18 or they pay their own bill

I stopped checking my kids phone when they started paying their own phone bill my daughter is 16 and pays her own phone bill I don’t check her phone

I am probably one of the rare parents that didnt allow my child to have a phone …they had to wait till they had a full time job to get their own

1 Like

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13866 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://LifeStyles41.pages.dev

My mom was able to go through my phone,Facebook or whatever else at any time. She had the access to all my stuff. I didn’t see it as a invasion of privacy. I knew she was looking out for me.
I honestly think more parents should be doing this and telling their kids about human trafficking or sex offenders, everything!
At 16 my mom trusted me enough to never have to look again. But if she ever needed too, she wouldn’t of found anything to be alarmed about because she taught me well.
At 17 I had my own job and paid my own bill then. Got data and etc.

2 Likes

I don’t check my 11 year old son’s phone. He is a good kid, mature for his age, and trustworthy. He doesn’t have any social platforms and still has no interest. He is smart and responsible. If he’s guilty of anything he’ll tell me. We don’t keep secrets and he is not a sneaky kid. We are very informative teaching him about potential dangers and he stays alert. I respect my son’s privacy unless given a reason otherwise. I believe it depends on the child.

1 Like

my kids don’t have phones and won’t until they can pay for it themselves.

4 Likes

When they 18 and pay their own phone bill

2 Likes

When they start paying for it.

3 Likes

Kids have no privacy until they are 18

4 Likes

Might be an unpopular opinion, but if they’re old enough to have a phone, they’re old enough for you to trust them.

You teach your child right from wrong and guide them to being a descent human being. In my personal opinion, if you don’t trust your child with the responsibilities that come with a phone, you shouldn’t give them a phone.

18 Likes

Shouldn’t be checking it in the first place, they have a right to privacy and respect, regardless who pays the bill. If a parent is afraid of what their child is doing behind their back, then that’s their fault for not setting up a solid foundation built on trust. A relationship where they are having open and honest communication with their child and where their child can feel comfortable coming to them about anything. Going through their phones doesn’t build trust or strengthen a relationship, and the child just learns how to delete or hide what they don’t want the parent to see, so it’s pointless going through it anyway.

7 Likes

You should start when they get a phone, and stop when they grow up and move out. There are also plenty of apps that help you monitor, tract, restrict and set limits.

My son is just going into grade 9 ( 14 in November ) he’s just going to be getting a phone in August. I’ll ne monitoring his shit til he pays his own bill or until he’s 18.

When they move out of your house.

1 Like

As soon as they start paying the bill.

1 Like

As long as I don’t have a reason to check it I’m gonna respect my child’s privacy. :100: but if I have a reason to look I will as long as she’s under 18 . I’m not very trusting of other people. And I have a daughter so I will balance respect and being protective.

3 Likes

When they are grown and are out of my home

2 Likes

When they pay their own bill or 18.

I don’t check my teens (17 and almost 15) phones. They don’t give me a reason to. I did once for the 15 year old a couple years ago because there was something, but turned out to be nothing. Unless there’s a legit reason to do so, I won’t.

1 Like

When they move out and pay their own bills

1 Like

At age 18/Graduate High School, I will monitor less frequently. But I reserve the right to check it if you’re still living under my roof and I’m still paying the bill.

7 Likes

At the age you shouldn’t be providing them one and have them be responsible for themselves.

2 Likes

If they’re paying the bill you have no right to the phone, sorry. :woman_shrugging: For the people saying if they’re under your roof you can well then they can go through your phone, too. You need to learn to respect your kids privacy if your wants yours respected it’s not one sided, I said what I said.

7 Likes

If they’re paying the bill you have no right to the phone, sorry. :woman_shrugging: For the people saying if they’re under your roof you can well then they can go through your phone, too. You need to learn to respect your kids privacy if your wants yours respected it’s not one sided, I said what I said.

7 Likes

When they can pay their own bill, my kids 16 & 17 pay their own phone bills I don’t check their phones my 12 & 15yr olds get their phones checked still.

1 Like

I’d check it if I pay for it…kids stray at times and we as parents have a right and a responsibility to keep our kids from as much bad stuff as possible…I’d check a time or two and if I found nothing to worry about I’d stop checking…my son was very stubborn and hard headed as a teen andbuy would have been a major battle if I tried to check his phone…he was always honest with me about what he did even if I didn’t like it…and now he’s a wonderful adult…

2 Likes

My kids would never be allowed to check my phone under any circumstances…

Eww a lot of these comments are from the same people who would read a diary and remove bedroom doors. Do better

7 Likes

Okay. So do you all not check your childrens tablets to see what they’re looking at? It doesn’t matter phone, or tablet, how old they are. Eventually they’re going to catch wind of what ‘sex’ is. No matter the age. Yes they will wonder, yes they will google. Because let’s face it, we can google anything in the world today. So the parents that say ‘no’ I trust my kid :rofl: think again. These kids are trying to figure out their sexuality at 11, 12, and so forth. I’d still check my kids phone, if you see something, TALK TO THEM. They still don’t know. Be a parent and let them know precautions and educate instead of letting the internet show them they can screw whatever and get STI’s

A LOT of “parents” here are the kind that emotionally abuse their kids then ask why they don’t visit or call after they leave

5 Likes

If I felt something was off then I’d check the phone up until she was 18. But I’m not going to actively go through it everyday.

3 Likes

We never checked any of our 5 children’s phones.
We respected them and they respected us in return.

6 Likes

When they’re both paying their own bill and Over 18 lol

7 Likes

I only check my kids phones if I feel the need too, 13, 15 & 16. You don’t invade their privacy like that

I’ve never felt the need to look through any of my kids phones or tablets, their is a strong communication between us, they know they can count on me to give them advice or just listen to them.

At what age do you start

18 the world we ive in these days better to be safe than sorry

3 Likes

If I had a good kid who was good in school, respectful, had a good group of friends ect I wouldn’t even care nor feel the need to check. If my kids were getting into trouble or I knew their friends were no good I would check. Simply for their safety. I wouldn’t care about anything else. Just would want to make sure my kids aren’t making choices that could potentially put them at risk.

3 Likes

My boy is 14 and I have stopped checking his phone because what “the boys” talk about in “the boys” chat is traumatizing… we are also very close and he tells me everything even if I don’t wanna hear it… but every child is different… if your gets says you need to check it than maybe you should

3 Likes

So, as a person who had a cell phone as a young kid, you should be checking your kids cell phones until they’re at least somewhere between 14-16 if you trust them. I had one of those tiny Virgin Mobile cell phones, don’t remember what age, but it was young (maybe 12 or 13). And I had quite a few “boyfriends” who I would text from that phone. These were random people I had met in an AOL chat room. Were they kids, or were they creepy adults? I’ll never know. In my parents defense, they were not very savvy at technology. But now as a parent, myself, I have no excuse for my own kids to be in that dangerous position.

If you dont want to be actively checking your kids phone, look into Google Family Link. You can choose which apps they are allowed to use. If your kid is super young I do not recommend that they have social media, so you can block those apps. You can also limit what they can search for on the internet. So you can give them enough freedom & not have to be searching through all their stuff.

1 Like

l get paid over $165 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18517 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingpay625.pages.dev/

My son is 6 and has a smart phone on my plan! Even though I pay for it, I always ask him if it’s ok to use his phone! I expect him to do that with my phone, so I do the same with his!! Now obviously if I have safety concerns than that’s different… we have a completely open and honest relationship and I want him to know that he can trust me and come to me about anything!! It’s a mutual respect thing for me… he may be only 6 but he still deserves the same respect that we expect him to give us!

3 Likes

When they graduate high school

2 Likes

Stop when they’re 18

3 Likes

For me it depended on the kid, 1 child showed me I couldn’t trust him while the other two did so his hot checked more frequently. I don’t remember checking the phone on the other two much after 16.

When ya don’t want ya feelings hurt :rofl::rofl: joke

3 Likes

These days there are parent monitoring apps that you can use and too if you and your child are close then they will show you things on their phone anyhow.

18 once your an adult that’s all you but until then your my responsibility

2 Likes

When they’re paying for their own phone

3 Likes

They are grown and out of your house

When they are old enough to pay their own bill. If they are 16 work and pay it or 30 and don’t. As long as I’m paying the bill it’s my phone.

Never… if I’m paying for the service on it.
If they get a job and pay for it themselves then I will still check it up until they’re 18/19 and out of my house. Lol no such thing as privacy when it comes to teenagers, especially these days. I don’t trust NO ONE. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Never. Until they leave your house.

1 Like

When they pay their own bill and move out.

1 Like

Depends on the child. Mine is 9 and i dont check hers at all because i havent needed to. I used to but shes pretty trustworthy. As she gets older i may here and there just to make sure but as long as i dont find anything i dont see a need ti check.