What are phantom kicks?

Pull out method is not an effective method of birth control. If you are not wanting to get pregnant again you need take other precautions like birth control pills, IUD or something else your doctor can help you choose the best fit or condoms. Please don’t rely on pulling out.

4 Likes

I’ve got a 3 month old, and I’ve never had those phantom kicks, is that weird?

The pullout method is like playing Russian roulette. It’s definitely not a sure fire way to prevent pregnancy. I’d go get a blood pregnancy test, if you’re concerned, and if it’s negative I’d be finding a more effective form of birth control.

6 Likes

It’s definitely a thing. I get it quite often and it still freaks me out lol😂 and the pull out method works fine as long as your man knows his body well and you do cycle tracking, use protection during your fertile window.

2 Likes

Pulling out method don’t work :face_with_peeking_eye: I don’t understand why people think this is protecting against pregnancy :pregnant_woman: I got pregnant twice off that method lol

4 Likes

And this is why kids should not have kids

15 Likes

Girl. The pull out “method” is NOT a form of birth control. It’s wishful thinking. If you don’t want another kid, you need to go to the doc asap and get on some type of real bc. Until then, ffs, make that boy wear a condom. Don’t let him feed you that bs that it doesn’t fit or it desensitizes him. Either that or stop having sex with him. NO GLOVE NO LOVE

8 months… you’re still VERY fertile. Go get a test

3 Likes

Pull out method…is not a real method…

5 Likes

If your REALLY not wanting another maybe stop with the pull-out method.
My last 3 are proof it doesn’t work :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

My oldest is 9 and I still get phantom kicks :joy:

First and foremost unless you are purposefully trying for another baby definitely see the doctor to come up with a better plan than pull out
If you’re far enough along to visibly see kicks you may have missed your opportunity for a pregnancy test because your progesterone can drop at the end of a pregnancy but I think a trip to the doctor with solve all of these issues they can do a sonogram. I still have feelings that I felt related to my pregnancy and my youngest turned six today I also had a hysterectomy and don’t even have a uterus LOL so I think some of the things we thought were kicks were just gas bubbles after all. But absolutely go to a physician and figure out the timeline. You can take a daily pill if you’re responsible but they also have iuds that are 5 years 10 years etc so you can not have to worry about it every month

1 Like

Everyone has addressed the pull out method and need for further birth control, so I’m going t address the phantom kicks. They are very normal and you could have them for years. My youngest is going on 3 and I still feel flutters in my belly pretty regularly.

6 Likes

Well you can’t feel kicks until 16-20 weeks. If you don’t want another baby use birth control. See a dr. Sounds like gas

It could just be muscle contractions and BM moving through your lower intestines.

1 Like

You can still get pregnant with precum pullout method isn’t effective

The original one I had broke so I had a different one made. I like the way it looks and feels better also :heart:
Information is on the back of it

My son is almost 2 and I still get phantom kicks, but if you see movement I’d get that checked out.

You stomach, like the rest of your body, contains muscle - and muscles will spasm and move, and such. You’re just more attuned to it now because you’ve been pregnant.

4 Likes

My daughter is 4 and I still get phantom kicks now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I still get this n my youngest is 4 n im not active

2 Likes

Phantom kicks are a real thing and aren’t anything to be too concerned about. Plus some people’s breathing literally “bounces” their stomach. Husbands almost looks like phantom kicks but it’s his breathing. But if you’re not trying to get pregnant, find a better choice of birth control!

8 Likes

Mine is 9 and i get phantom kicks but since your method is pull out i would get a test. Pull out is not a method love

5 Likes

Take a test, and then get get some gas x

4 Likes

It’s your pulse and heart rate with paranoia. Take a test and get on birth control please.

3 Likes

Prob just your pulse. I think there’s a major artery somewhere in the upper part of your stomach area. I can see one in mine all the time :joy:

Please get on birth control :woman_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

Did they take sex education out of high school because based off this question, it needs to be reintroduced. Pulling out isn’t a “method”. It’s what irresponsible, immature children do and then act all shocked when they end up knocked up :woman_facepalming:t3::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just go see a dr. Too many want to bes on these sites. Everyone body is different.

You can still bleed while pregnant and the pull out method is not the best and phantom kicks are a real thing if it puts your mind at ease take a test or see an obgyn

My son is 2.5 and I still have phantom kicks!

But for what it’s worth, get on birth control. Please.

Phantom kicks are real. Could be gas. Just bc you have a period doesn’t mean you can’t be pregnant. A lot of women have periods throughout their entire pregnancy. Use an actual birth control and he uses a condom if you don’t want another baby…

3 Likes

I’m sorry but the pull out method does not work. Lol. That’s how I have a 13 year old. Please get on birth control, use protection or track your ovulation.

4 Likes

Pulling out is not a preventing pregnancy method…who raised people who think that way

9 Likes

I had phantom kicks years after I had my boys, who were also conceived using the pull out method :joy: pulling out is not a form of birth control

15 Likes

You’re gonna end up with two under two by the time you’re 18. The pull out method is not a form of birth control! Unless you want two under two by the time you’re 18, make an appointment with GYN. They will do a pregnancy test for you and help you choose the best form of birth control.

As for the phantom kicks, it’s normal, and typically comes from all that our bodies go through during pregnancy, labor and delivery. Having a baby will do a number on your body and it’s never the same.

4 Likes

It’s pretty normal after having a baby, and can last for awhile. To be honest, my son is now 4.5 and every once in a while, not as often as I used to, but sometimes I still get them. Feels like little flutters, like in the early baby kicking stage.

But if you don’t want another baby, my advice is to use birth control. The pullout method is extremely faulty.

1 Like

Pregnancy test and birth control first off, but phantom kicks are real lol my son is almost 2 and every so often I get them out of nowhere

ur playing with fire. enjoy babies!

2 Likes

My oldest was still getting phantom kicks (now 7. but I have a 9 month old)

my mother’s youngest (myself and my brother) are almost 28. and she still gets phantom kicks

granted… you aren’t really using the best method for precaution. if you’re that worried take a test

It happens after having littles. You likely experienced it before your little one and attributed it to something else, but now that you’ve experienced kicks you have something else to relate it to.

2 Likes

Your 17 have a 8 month old and you’re using the pull out method. OMG. You need to get on some birth control. Pull out method unbelievable

7 Likes

Me and my ex used the pull out method… we now have a 2 year old :upside_down_face: so don’t always depend on that lol but phantom kicks are real. I had them after I had my oldest daughter

Five kids and never had phantom kicks ! Ew! :joy: grosses me outtttt.

1 Like

After you are so far a long ot will show neg on a test go to a dr and let them doblood work

1 Like

A lot of women still get phantom kicks. I know people who have older toddlers that experience phantom kicks.

Unlike other commenters have stated, you do not have actual periods while pregnant. It is possible to bleed while pregnant but those are not actual periods. You can take a pregnancy and see - or can schedule an appointment with your OBGYN about it.

1 Like

It’s basically a gas bubble, but your brain and body is used to it being your baby. So your brain says it’s a baby, but it’s gas

5 Likes

You know the pull out method doesn’t work right? You can get pregnant off of pre cum… which comes out in the beginning… it is never 100% effective… you might wanna use protection or get on birth control if you aren’t trying to have another one right now… you’re pretty young still so having 2 will be struggle… especially in this economy right now. I’m 31 with 4… so I know.

Lmao the pullout method does not work.

5 Likes

Fantom kicks are normal; you’re seeing muscle spasms.
Pull-out doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Please use a more reliable birth control. I recommend an IUD.

2 Likes

Phantom kicks are real yes but my 8yo is my testament that the pull out method does not work. And my 3yo is my testament that plan b doesn’t work. Do with this info as you will.

3 Likes

The pull out method is NOT a form of birth control.

5 Likes

My parents used the pull out before there was the pill or IUD’s. There are 6 of us and most of us are less than 2 years apart. Get on some birth control asap.

1 Like

Oh girl you need better birth control. My youngest is 11 and I still feel those kicks some times. It’s just gas moving around though. If you’re not looking to have another baby soon I’d hit up your local health department, they can set you up with free birth control pills and condoms.

6 Likes

The pull out method is what happens when children are not given an appropriate sex education either in school or at home. Pre-cum can contain sperm and it is released before “pulling out” also, by relying on the “pull out” method you are putting your life and life choices in the hands of someone else who may or may not have your best interests at heart. There are tons of books available for a through sex education that will provide you with all the ins and outs, myths and truths. Or you can find good information at reputable sites on the internet. I’m sorry that you were not provided with an appropriate education but if you are going to have sex, you need to take responsibility for knowing the information. Also, please see a doctor for a test.

1 Like

My youngest is 3 and I still have them…

Feeling phantom kicks is one thing but you said you also see your stomach moving…that’s a whole different ballgame. Make an appt. With your obgyn asap. My youngest 2 are exactly 13 months apart . Didn’t find out about my youngest until 25 weeks pregnant, all tests were negative also.

2 Likes

I used the pull put method. My son is now almost 5. My sister also tried that and my nephew is 9 :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The pull out method is not going to stop you from getting pregnant you need to go get on birth control

2 Likes

I have 4 girls with using that method. But you are probably experiencing gas. You don’t feel baby kick until you are about 3 or 4 months along. First just fluttering

1 Like

Stop being foolish. 17 with one kid? Do you want another? Go and buy condoms. Pulling out doesn’t work.

10 Likes

Our uterus becomes very sensitive when pregnant so after when our organs move around or we have gas it can feel like kicks since that’s what we have experienced. It’s very normal.

3 Likes

Get on birth control or use condoms.

I gave birth 8 and half years ago and still get phantom kicks

1 Like

And this is why children shouldn’t be having sex or having more children.

Oh honey, you have a lot of growing up to do :disappointed:

5 Likes

This can still happens years later. My youngest is 4. I still have phantom kicks

1 Like

I forgot about these and yes I use to get them :grin:
Wish I was younger and could get pregnant again.
What a great time in my life it was. Now I’m waiting on my 6th grandchild due in January​:grin::smiley::two_hearts::pray:

2 Likes

Pull out method does not work :joy: that’s not a fool proof method. And you can have your period while pregnant. But phantom kicks are normal. You could have gas or a muscle spasm and your brain is going to connect it to baby kicking because you have been pregnant before - and both can cause a physical movement in the abdomen.
But because you used an unreliable birth control method (pull out method) and because you are extremely fertile after pregnancy you should absolutely go to your doctor to get a test done. home pregnancy tests aren’t always accurate. And it’s best to have a doctor draw blood and see what your HCG levels are. If you are pregnant you will have noticable HCG (pregnancy hormone) levels detectable in your blood test, plus they can do a pregnancy test and even an ultrasound (there are two ways to do an ultrasound, for an early stage pregnancy they usually use a vaginal ultrasound). This will give you definitive answers one way or another. And they can also help you choose a birth control that’s best for you. It’s very common to get pregnant shortly after birth if you aren’t on birth control.

3 Likes

17 with a baby and a fiance. Possibly pregnant with another due to using a method that does not work. Slow down and educate yourself.

14 Likes

Go have a blood pregnancy test or ultra sound.You could have a negative test yet you are pregnant! As you see in the comments above,your method does not work.

Um, I think yall need to start using condoms or other bc

15 Likes

Gallbladder issues can cause stomach contractions n you may see or be feeling that. Go to actual Dr and do sonogram and blood work and Definitely get actual birth control . Pull out is a joke hunny

1 Like

Also go to the doctor and get a blood pregnancy test please

1 Like

People need to stop shaming OP for her age. Most places (at least in the US) suck with sex ed, they really might not know.

OP, phantom kicks are just the feeling of kicks after a pregnancy. The pullout method is not a good form of birth control. You can get pregnant from precüm or any amount he may leak before pulling out. You definitely should take a test and schedule bloodwork if possible, I still got a period with my youngest and didn’t find out until about 18 weeks. The phantom kicks will last awhile (if you’re not pregnant) I still get them now and my youngest is 5

Yes, you can get phantom kicks
Maybe just set up an appointment? Get your blood checked if you’re worried.

2 Likes

Yes, get checked. It’s possible its nothing, but still go. Pulling out is only 84% effective

2 Likes

Some of y’all are ridiculous. You have no idea what her situation is. I know several 17 year olds that act far more mature than people I know in their 40s. Get over yourselves and your judgments.

17 Likes

My kids are 5 and 6 I still have them.

1 Like

Go get checked out to be safe. If you’re seeing and feeling kicks I’d be concerned.

I actually had phantom kicks after all 3 of my kids. I have a now 2 month old and I had the kicks a couple weeks after he was born and caught myself rubbing my belly for him to kick more. I guess that was the mom brain not realizing my baby was actually next to me :rofl::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt to have a doctor take a look better to be safe then sorry and if you’re worried about getting pregnant again right now I suggest condoms or maybe a non hormonal birth control

3 Likes

I’m 7 mos pp I feel phantom kicks. Negative pregnancy tests but also I use actual birth control so I don’t worry as much just rest for your comfort

1 Like

Pull out method does NOT work. There is still a few swimmers in precum. Get a better more reliable form of birth control.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why everyone on here is being rude to this girl. Yes 17 is young but still it’s her decision everyone telling her to grow up. Y’all realize everyone is still growing no matter there age.
Yes phantom kicks are real my baby is 10 months old and I still feel kicks and my stomach move as well.

Pull out is not a method it’s a gamble

5 Likes

My youngest is almost three and I still have phantom kicks

If u think it’s a method you shouldn’t be doing it , we don’t need you passing that DNA to another person that we gotta deal with in society later on !

1 Like

Pull out method? Expect to get pregnant soon

7 Likes

I just called it gas :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Go to Dr be checked. U would not want something to happen in case it could be a baby. But I am doubting that be the case. But better safe then sorry. Keep us updated. I had two sets of twins 6 years apart. No singles that lived however I did lose a set of twins. Afterwards.

1 Like

Get yourself checked to be on the safe side but I think lots of people still have phantom kicks a while after giving birth :blush: (and perhaps pick up some actual contraception while you’re there. The pulling out method obv isn’t working so well if your 17 with child. )

4 Likes

Use condoms…
Then you won’t have to worry about becoming pregnant again :woman_shrugging:t4:

And Moms
Please teach your girls about condoms. :woman_facepalming:t4:

9 Likes

Wow what great motherly advice from some of y’all. :woozy_face:

12 Likes

Something is wrong with the people who post on this page , we’re talking dropped on the head

6 Likes

Is this a serious post …pull out method?? Girrrrlllll u gonna have babies xx

4 Likes

I am currently pregnant with pull out method baby2 lol😁

4 Likes

My kid is 11 and I still have phantom kicks it’s weird.

2 Likes

First of all, you def need to figure out a better birth control method. If you have a health clinic near you, they should have a family planning area, and they should be able to get you set up with whatever kind of BC would be best for you. Or you can even usually just grab free condoms without an appt.

Second - I felt phantom kicks for YEARS after I had my daughter! My Dr told me it was just gas, but I later read this article (linked below) about them, which I found very interesting. It honestly took a long time for me to break the habit of instinctively putting my hand on my stomach (esp at night) when I would feel that movement. I never did get pregnant again, so it was phantom kicks the whole time. Still, with the pull out method, you should go ahead and go see your Dr just in case, and see about getting on bc while you’re there, just to be safe. :heart:

Hope this article is helpful. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Pull out method? Girl you need to talk to your OB. And get some sex education :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: