What are phantom kicks?

my boy is 2 and i still get phantom kicks

Birth control sweetie .pull out does not work .of you don’t want a baby use birth control

3 Likes

The pull out method is just literally just asking to get pregnant…

Idk about phantom kicking but phantom stuff in general is totally true. I had a mastectomy earlier this year and my boobs hurt all the time (even though they aren’t there)

My ob once said if you active there is always a chance for pregnancy. No birth control is 100%.

4 Likes

Had my kid over 10 years ago and sometimes I swear there’s a baby in there. Mostly probably gas and what not. Also please do not use the pull out method. Tell him to man up and go get a box of condoms. Or if you are okay with it get on birth control.

1 Like

The thing that scares me the most is that she’s 17 with a child already….pull out method are you serious?? Condoms dude. Condoms.

15 Likes

Phantom kicks are normal. 3 years later I still have them

1 Like

The pull out method is a myth, pre cum can get you pregnant.

I still get phantom kicks and my sons just over a year old.

You wouldn’t feel movement that early even if you were pregnant. But my daughter is 5 and even still some gas bubbles feel like kicks, I just know they’re not. You might want to consider an actual form of birth control though, unless your goal is to get pregnant again.

5 Likes

Probably muscle spasms or gas , try a probiotic, I get them .

1 Like

Had nobody ever had a sex talk with you? Rofl pull out method is not a pregnancy protection… You can still get pregnant.

Go and see ur doctor hun.
Its the best thing you could do.
Your doctor wont give u sassy judgement opinions, just advice.

Goodluck

4 Likes

The pull out method will guarantee pregnancy sooner or later.

7 Likes

It takes a drop to get pregnant dear

5 Likes

Ugh… where are the parents of this teenager?! Damn she’s a minor and you’re allowing her to ruin her life good job. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Little gas bubbles can do that.

I think we all get phantom kicks at some point. If you don’t want to get pregnant, I’d stop using the pull out method because pre can get you pregnant too.

5 Likes

The pull out method worked for me for over 8 years, I am now pregnant :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve had phantom kicks and I’m 2 months pp.

But…. I wouldn’t rely so much on the pull out method…

Pre cum! That is the most potent it comes out before they actually cum I would go get a test just to make sure I had my period with all 3 of my kids for 2-3 months before I found out that I was pregnant and with no signs of pregnancy

I had my daughter in 2018 and I still feel those phantom kicks. It drives me nuts because I think I’m pregnant :rofl: I’ve taken several pregnancy tests and all were negative. I’m on birth control so I just ignore it now.

Gas can make your stomach do that too

1 Like

What are people who use the pullout method called? Parents. That is barely better than not using any method. Generally you don’t feel movement until 4-5 months.

2 Likes

Can we not laugh at a 17 year old who may not realize these things.

15 Likes

No judgment here.It sounds like gas bubbles.As a mom to teens and an almost adult(mine are 20,18 almost 19,15 will be 16 in 2 days and 14)I suggest using condoms or birth control.I was 17 when I had my 20yo

2 Likes

I haven’t had a baby in 3 years and still experience them

You can feel phantom kicks for many years afterwards. My son is 11 and I still get them at times. Both of you need a more reliable method of birth control though.

1 Like

My youngest will be 12 this year. I still feel phantom kicks and freak out that I’m pregnant, even though I don’t have sex lol the brain is a crazy organ :brain:

Get dr to chech it lv,withdraw is not safe. Xx

Pre-cum is a thing!! They ooze before they blow. U will get pregnant again .

Could be phantom kicks but the pullout method is only 78% reliable

1 Like

That method isn’t reliable but phantom kicks can happen for a while. It’s probably gas or something.

1 Like

My daughter is now 11 from that method :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Get to the Doctor asap

1 Like

I’d had them too I’m 43 get my period every month

2 Likes

Mine is 4 and I get them all the time

Please seek education from a school nurse/counselor or community agency to address your knowledge deficit and birth control choices.

3 Likes

I felt phantom kicks for nearly a year and a half after my kid was born!

Well when you have your period there’s a lot happening with your internal situation so it probably feels like something is happening. If you don’t want a baby then do things to prevent it. Pull out method is notoriously awful and leads to pregnancy. You shouldn’t need to test all the time.

It’s normal and please use protraction! :person_facepalming:

3 Likes

My youngest just turns 2 and I still get them sometimes!

Withdrawal doesn’t work well.

2 Likes

I was 17 with a 6mth old daughter,
found out l was also 4mths pregnant…

My daughter had 4 periods before she found out that she was pregnant with her second child. I’d take a test.

My oldest is 21 & my youngest is just about 12. Every so often I have that feeling too. No chance I can be pregnant

My son is 5 and I get them randomly. Such a weird feeling. I’m definitely not pregnant. But I would say my core is shot to hell after having him via c section. I haven’t worked to gain my core strength so I personally think my lack of core strength makes me sensitive to feeling gas lol

2 Likes

I’m 30 and our youngest is 5, I had a partial hysterectomy 2yrs ago and I still get phantom kicks. It’s strange for sure and makes me want to have another baby so bad

It’s a twitch inside of you.

I’ve had 4 kids, my last kiddo was born 3 years ago and I STILL get phantom kicks.
Totally normal. They’re just muscle spasms

1 Like

17 year olds shouldn’t be on Facebook.

6 Likes

1 in 5 women get pregnant every year using the pull out method, so it isn’t an effective form of birth control. I would definitely take a test and if you are truly trying to prevent pregnancy talk to a doctor about a more effective birth control method.

5 Likes

I would absolutely take a test to ensure you’re not pregnant again. Educate yourself on safe sex. The pullout method is the least effective method of protection against pregnancy. Condoms, hormonal birth control or FDA approved temperature monitoring cycle tracking would be a safer way to practice sex.

As for your phantom kicks. Your organs double in size while pregnant and move all over your body cavity when you’re pregnant which can contribute to that feeling. It can also take several years to stop feeling phantom kicks. My daughter is 6 and I still feel them occasionally.

my oldest is 10 my youngest is three and i still feel them

You need to get a blood test to see if you’re pregnant. Those over the counter tests are not always accurate for some women. Since you are being sexually negligent, I really hope you’re not pregnant. You are clearly too naive for such a huge responsibility.
Edit- I must’ve overlooked the part where you said you have an 8 month old. Poor child :disappointed:

7 Likes

I had my period my entire pregnancy, but I’m not going to tell you to go get a test from a store, go to the doctor instead just to make sure. Phantom kicks is one thing but with the pullout method and any discomfort you have to be as cautious as possible

1 Like

Take a test. You can still have a period even though you’re pregnant. I would consider some sort of birth control for the time being.

It might just be indigestion

Not trying to be “that person” in the comments but you are 17 and already have a child. Clearly the pull out method isn’t working for you.
Birth control or condoms. I’ve gotten pregnant even with condoms but they are far better than just pulling out…
Precum can get you pregnant :rofl:

27 Likes

I hope you realize the pull out method doesn’t work and you can still get pregnant

4 Likes

I get phantom kicks my last bby was in 2011 I had 2 children before my last

1 Like

Pulling out isn’t a form of birth control. If you’re trying to prevent pregnancy then go to your doctor and be put on a form of birth control. Also, you could check with the health department because they can help with birth control and condoms.

7 Likes

There are no words— the pull out method birth control​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

My son is 16 months and I have them all the time

Just a heads up the pull out method does not work you may want to get yourself on some birth control! You ARE even more fertile after having a baby so odds are if you keep with the pull out method in which you got pregnant on already you are looking at having another baby so I hope you are ready and prepared for another one :joy::woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I get phantom kicks occasionally! My daughter is nearly 6! This comment section has really made me feel more normal hahah.
Also please go on birth control. Pull out method is very unreliable. Unless you want another baby very quickly I suggest finding a new birth control method haha.

3 Likes

Usually phantom kicks are after you have the baby. Because you feel baby moving for so many months, you tend to still feel them after baby is born

It’s your bowels moving x

3 Likes

Hun . I’m gonna he blunt . There’s pre :sweat_drops:
Example … have you ever :kiss: your man and a little comes out :face_with_raised_eyebrow: pre. Man doesn’t have to :fireworks: to knock ya up

6 Likes

l get paid over $ 190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17844 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.
Go to This. https://dollarearningjob525.pages.dev/

The pull out method is not a good form of birth control. You’re going to find yourself pregnant again soon.

9 Likes

Pulling out is not a reliable form of birth control . See you Dr for a better method please before you end up with half a dozen kids .

8 Likes

The pull out method doesn’t really work. Pre-cum will get you. I would go to the doctor & get a blood test. My mom has normal periods with me lol through her pregnancy

First off pull out method isn’t the best way to go hun. Thats how u get pregnant again. I still get phantom kicks and my youngest is 4 and I have birth control in for 3 years now.

4 Likes

The pull out method is not a good idea. You cab get pregnant from pre cum. Accidents also happen. A tiny bit can come out before he actually finishes as well. But yes phantom kick don’t always go sway

My oldest daughter is from that “pull out” method. I believe the failure rate is around 17%. If you really don’t want to get pregnant it’s not a good choice for birth control although possible better than nothing. It will likely result in a pregnancy.

3 Likes

Buy the 0.88 cent tests from Walmart. They work just as good as the other ones. I buy like 6 of them and keep them in the bathroom for my questionable months. However, phantom kicks are something that I’m not even sure will ever go away lol. My kids are going to be 5 and 6 this summer/fall and I still get them!!

Defiantly not a good form of birth control but my youngest is about ti be a year old an I still feel phantom kicks I’m an example pull out doesn’t work please use another form of protection if your trying to prevent pregnancy I’m two an done

You should know by now that the pull out method is ineffective. You should be using birth control.

1 Like

Could be gas

But I’m here to let you know. If you don’t want another kid right now, birth control, wrap it, or no sex is the only way to prevent it.
You know they start to go off before they actually go off. So you got pre-cum in there before he pulls out.

I’ve been abstinent for many years and my kids are older teens and I still get phantom kicks from time to time lol

What is wrong with a more reliable form of birth control. 

2 Likes

I’m 35, and have had my tubes tied for almost 7 years, and sometimes I still get phantom kicks. This morning, actually. I hate them.

But if the only methOd you’re using is the pullout method, and you’re only 8 months PP, you are still very fertile. I’d take a test.

My youngest is 8. I still feel flutters sometimes and know I’m not pregnant.

Those phantom kicks are a trip down memory lane for me

So you’re saying you want another baby since you’re not using a reliable method of birth control, got it.

6 Likes

Phantom kicks haha I remember being them in the hospital right after having my son and thought I was crazy only got them that one time though

Just so everyone knows, I was on birth control, and using a condom, at the same time, and still got pregnant. So maybe judge less.

5 Likes

Pulling out doesn’t do anything. You can still get pregnant off pre-cum

6 years later and I still get phantom kicks!

I also got pregnant, twice with the pull out method. lol….thankfully we were ready for the next step. We were together 8 years at that point. Surprised it didn’t happen sooner lol

I used to get them and freaked out. Over the years I’ve realised it’s just my insides moving from a wind bubble​:woman_shrugging::rofl:

1 Like

Since the pull out method doesn’t work, I’d say take another test

5 Likes

please use a reliable method of contraception xx

1 Like

Have had two kids, I can say that sometimes your intestines moving around can feel 100% like early pregnancy kicks (which you won’t feel until at least 12ish weeks, and even that’s very easy.)

Phantom kicks. Happened to me clear until I got pregnant again. I’ve heard it can happen years after having a baby.

I’ve felt those! Scared the heck out of me! Was probably just gas :sweat_smile:

Tienes un PEDO atorado :grin:

So you’re 17 with a baby already under a year old, and a fiancé, and you’re using the pull out method. So basically you’re trying for another one, let’s just call it what it is. You recently had a baby, don’t you remember? By the time you’re feeling kicks I’d hope you would know if you were in fact pregnant or not. I’d be buying some condoms rather than all the pregnancy tests. Save ya some money! :+1:t3:
I’m sure someone mentioned how hard it is on a young persons body to carry and birth a baby, since it’s probably not done fully developing. I imagine getting pregnant this soon won’t do anything to help. Take better care. You only get one body.
I’m genuinely curious why you aren’t using birth control? (Unless this is what you want, that is, but I assumed since you were attempting the pull out method it isn’t) You could easily go to planned parenthood and get birth control at a minimal expense or free with a small donation. The PP we have here has literally a bowl full of condoms in the lobby, anyone welcome to stop in and grab a handful, no contact or questions asked.
I’m sorry I didn’t even have an answer for your question. I’m sorry if I come off rude. Motherhood is hard, probably harder the younger you are and twice that if you’re pregnant and after that a toddler and a baby. That’s a lot. I hope you have someone you can talk to about your questions and decisions that you can trust to give you advice. I have a daughter almost your age. I want to both shake you and hug you right now. Life is hard. Don’t make it harder.

*Edit to correct myself. I see in the comments that you were on birth control. So that part I stand corrected on. You should mention that in the post, there are too many comments to read.

I didn’t even know that was a thing , but it explains a lot :thinking:

Ohhhh it lasts years! :joy: Probably for the rest of your life. My child is 2, will be 3 in October, and I still get them. And they are HARD. Sometimes they hurt. :grimacing:

1 Like

People are mentioning the pullout method and birth control because it’s clearly stated in the post that is what they’re doing for birth control. Op comments later to say she was on bc the first time she got pregnant but nothing about that in the post.

There are many ways to ask what phantom kicks are without mentioning all the rest, but phantom kicks are the least of the problems and this is an advice page so… I’m not sure what was expected here🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like